Please be advised that we are seeking a new employee to fill the position of Full time Legal Assistant with our firm.
It is a salary based position.
- The qualified applicant will be a self-starter who is very well organised. This position requires strong technological abilities including using various computer software programs and the ability to be innovative and creative. Applicants with strong technical skills will be given priority. Considerable attention to detail and accuracy is required. Successful completion of a two year Community College Program of study as a legal assistant, or commensurate experience, is required.
Job Requirements: The following are some of the duties that this Job carries:
- Scheduling of lawyer's calender
- Maintaining a B/F system for court dates and appearances
- Drafting of pleadings, motions and Affidavits under the supervision of the lawyer
- Court and office filing
- Public relations and liaison (interacting with clients on the phone and in the office)
- Assisting with uncontested divorces
- Probate work
- Service of Court documents, accepting service of Court documents
- Receiving and sorting mail
- Intake of initial client information before Lawyer's meeting
- Advising lawyer about deadlines on files, Court appearances and meetings
- Assisting lawyer in general on areas of practice under guidance and supervision
- Assisting lawyer in general with computer systems and technology as well as firm organization under guidance and supervision.
Indeed - 15 months ago