HMA is a respected direct response fundraising company focused on the non-profit sector. We use our skills in fundraising and direct response to help Canadian and international charities.
We believe our work makes a positive difference in the world. HMA was founded on this principle, and it is the underlying motivation of everything we do. We value and support each member of our team, have fun together, and cultivate a relaxed but hard-working professional environment.
You and your role:
The successful candidate will have two distinct roles. As an experienced Executive Assistant to the President, you must be a person who relishes the opportunity to create order out of big-picture thinking. In addition, as an Office Manager, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of a small, yet busy office, including managing computers, liaising with our IT consultant, and all other office equipment. You will also provide a degree of support for our 6-person team in Toronto. Our Office Manager is highly valued by all our staff, and regarded as the social ‘glue’ of our organization.
You take pride in your work and are looking for a position in a progressive, positive, and respectful environment. You believe that no job is too large, or too small. You are an attentive colleague, noticing ways you can improve the office and anticipating the needs of the President. Experience in a similar role is essential.
- Personal assistance to a busy executive, including booking all travel, appointments, etc. (some family and social engagements included)
- Writing and editing correspondence
- Proofreading (and sometimes editing) documents small and large
- Preparing seminar presentations using PowerPoint
- Managing resource material sales
- Helping market resource materials and HMA services
- Research assistance
- Maintaining social media presence
- Overall responsibility for effective office systems and procedures, including making informed decisions about purchases, implementing new procedures, managing suppliers, etc.
- Acting as liaison between our IT consultant and our staff. Troubleshooting equipment problems for staff and providing solutions
- Providing management support to our 6-person Toronto office (arranging computers, telephones, trouble-shooting, liaising with building managers, etc.)
- Reception: couriers, answering phones, processing mail, greeting visitors
- Ensuring maintenance and effective performance of office equipment, including computers and software, photocopiers and printers
- Processing of email and other incoming correspondence from prospective clients and suppliers
- Event coordination, including staff events and outings as well as conference arrangements
- At least two years of experience in a similar role, including at least one year of executive assistance
- Excellent writing and communication skills, superior knowledge of grammar and punctuation
- Above average degree of proofreading accuracy
- Able to take rough dictation and transcribe into clear, logical writing in proper grammatical format
- Strong Windows Operating System knowledge and troubleshooting skills. Macintosh Operating System knowledge is an asset
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Explorer, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word, and a high comfort level with learning and applying new technology
- Responsible, self-motivated, very detail-oriented
- Exceptional organizational skills, able to multi-task and manage projects with shifting timelines
- Resourceful, problem-solving skills, can-do attitude, high degree of initiative
- Strong sense of integrity, good sense of humour
- Minimum typing speed of 40 wpm
- High level of computer proficiency: Windows XP, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat. Experience with online conferencing software and social media a plus.
Please submit your resume with cover letter and two references by Tuesday, November 12th. Resumes without a cover letter will not be reviewed. Please provide your salary range expectations.
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. All interviewed candidates will be required to complete a writing exercise and take a proofreading test.
Indeed - 10 months ago