Harvey's Employee Reviews

Not the greatest experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON25 November 2016
This is a great job for someone who needs job experience, as the owners are willing to hire all walks of life. Along with this my co-workers were very kind, inviting, and there is a community environment.
Although this job had it's perks there was many down falls... Hours were not often evenly spread out among staff, and the manager never seemed to listen to our complaints. There are also some very harsh rules set in place over switching, and booking off shifts.
Pros
Good work experience
Cons
Fast paced,everyone works as a team
Cashier/ Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON4 September 2016
In the morning it is steady until it is lunch time then it get very busy and fae paced.All employees help each other in which ever way they can to ensure every customer leaves the store satisfied. In between orders the dinning area has to be stocked and cleaned as well as check and change the garbage.The store slows down until the dinner rush.Mid afternoon is usually the time employees stock up and do small task around the store. that is usually typical day at work for the morning shift.
Pros
discount on all CARA stores
Cons
I love all my jobs and co-workers very nice and kind people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Royal York & Queensway21 August 2016
I guess everyday is the same work is work right just work hard because i feel when you work hard and fast days past by very quick.
When you make mistakes you`ll fix it and learned new things everyday
Co-workers some people say sometimes its hard to meet new people or work with people at your work I think it`s maybe because we`re new and some people are different we just got to communicate and socialize with co-workers getting to know one another is a good way to work happy and feel good everyday at work.
The hardest part is in the beginning I am very shy but in a week i will get used to everyone I am very nice and an honest person
The most enjoyable part of the job is doing what you love makes you happy!!
Pros
I make my own lunch
Cons
long short im okay with either
Fast paced workplace, can be stressful.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Leader, SK10 August 2016
Most days have lunch and supper rushes, so during that time you are trying to remain calm while you have a line up to the door.
Most co workers are fine, but the management is family, so it makes it more difficult on the teammates because if they have a problem with a supervisor behaviour, they cannot go to the General Manager and complain.
I used to love this job until new supervisors came and started to treat us badly.
Pros
50% off meals
Horrifying
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 November 2016
From a personal experience i did not enjoy working at Harvey's. The staff were great people but the owner was a pain. He would mentally abuse workers and never gave any raises. He would also refuse to acknowledge the fact the once someone is 18 they must be paid minimum wage!
Pros
Going home
A great beginners job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  8865 Yonge Street21 June 2016
Harvey's is a great workplace which cross trains employees to be able to do several jobs such as grill, fryer, garnisher, and cashier. My workplace is full of great people including amazing managers. Although some days can be fast-paced and somewhat stressful, it is a great learning experience! I have learned how to work quickly yet productive, how to resolve conflicts, and how to talk to customers. My favourite part of the job was making people happy. Overall, this is a great job but I am now looking for something more geared towards my field in animal care.
Pros
great job experience
Cons
Great job, hard working but friendly co workers
Fryer/Grill/Cash /Drive thru (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 October 2016
The hardest part of the job was ensuring every order was always perfect. I enjoyed helping customers a lot. The co workers were amazing people. Also the management was very friendly and were flexible wit hours when needed.
okay
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Wallaceburg, ON15 August 2016
okay job for students.

hardest part: people i work for. long days. people gossiping.

i have learned better math skills and people skills. don't like going for a 3 hour shift when it takes me a 1/2 hour to get to work.

people getting mad when you call in sick.
Pros
able to pay my bills
Cons
stressful environment
Seasonal employment, and very unorganized management
Cashier/Cook/Garnisher (Former Employee) –  Brock University30 July 2016
Management staff were very unorganized, and the treatment of staff was completely biased based on who they actually liked, and you'd be given positions daily based on if they liked you or not..
Pros
Flexible with school
Cons
Bad management
my work wasnt that fun because everyone was at each other
Food Prep (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2016
my typical day at work consist of my showing up waiting for my shift to start and when my shifts start i go on, its usually not busy for 5 minutes but after five minutes its gets really busy and the management is poor because they always yell at people for know reason. but what i mostly enjoy about this job is pay day.
Pros
50% og food
Cons
barely any hours
Fast paced workplace
CASHIER AND KITCHEN MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON25 May 2016
A typical day at Harvey's is busy. Be prepared to always be doing something; whether that's prepping ingredients, cleaning, serving, or washing dishes.
The hardest part of the job is some customers will purposely give you a hard time, but alternatively being able to serve so many people happiness via food is a big plus.
Pros
Fast paced and busy
Cons
Too much to do with sometimes too little staff
Productive and fun workplace
Frontline/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON9 August 2016
My typical day here before was really stressful especially when it got busy and there is just 3 or 4 people working. Most of the time I can handle it but sometimes I just can't. They need to add more staffs so that we can work together as a team
Too much DRAMA!
CASHIER/GARNISHER/COOK (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON10 November 2016
The management consisted of managers whom would specifically hire friends, and in turn, would cause a lot of drama in the workplace. Almost got to the point where I couldn't handle the job anymore.
not a bad place to start
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON4 November 2016
harveys was a great place for me to start and gain valuable skills that i needed in order for me to appeal to other brands and to get the job experience i needed.
Pros
discount in multiple stores
Cons
short shifts
Good student job
Associate (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON23 November 2016
Lots of fighting between management; hardly any room for advancement; always something to do; good, fun coworkers; lots of incentives; perfect for a student as long as they don't mind late hours
Productive work place
Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON15 July 2016
Harvey's is an good place to work where you will be working in a friendly and productive atmosphere. Supervisors are helpful and they encourages you a lot. It is a good place to learn new work experiences
Pros
interactive work place
Cons
Short hours
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON10 April 2016
When arriving at work, I would check the position chart to see which station I would be working at. Through out the day we have task we have to complete before 3 pm which included cleaning bathrooms, food preparation, sweep and mop our lobby. If I was working for dinner as well I would have certain tasks to complete before my shift had ended. The team and management were excellent to work with, we worked together as a team, and treated each other like family.
Gives opportunities to deal with new people everyday.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 April 2016
Working at HARVEY's is new and different experience. Earlier i was doing office job but at Harvey's physical and presence of mind is required because we have to focus on best customer service we can give and quality control as well. Working in a team is fun but sometimes very challenging.
The hardest part of job is when your customer not satisfied with your service, to deal with that situation and make your customer happy is sometimes tedious task.
The most enjoyable part of the job working with different people and dealing with different kind of people.
Pros
Exposure by customer service management
Cons
Food industry is very challenging
Fun to work with
Food Attendant (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB1 November 2016
I love my co-workers here. Unfortunately i found another job that will enhance my skills and interest. In addition to that I need a job that will compensate me well.
Good place to work at. Very good manager and staff
Garnisher/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Belleville, Ontario2 May 2016
My shifts were 3-4 hour shifts. I learned how fryers work but for the most part i already knew how to do a lot of things Harvey's asked me to do already. Management was very good and organized. Staff was nice. Hard part, garnishing is tough if you have to do it for an hour or more. Enjoyable part was the staff

2.9