Harvey's Employee Reviews

Fun place can get stressful but wonderful staff
Garnisher (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 July 2017
The people are great but like every job there's some slackers and that's about all that's bad besides some of the rude customers that come in. The management is wonderful and they're all sweethearts
High expectations for low pay
Manager (Current Employee) –  North York, ON4 July 2017
While the culture that Harvey's tries to build brings in some truly amazing people into the fold, it doesn't stop it from being an absolute grind of a job. As with any retail job you can expect to deal with inconsistent hours, little opportunities for advancement and often in our case less than ideal equipment. Never felt as if we had the most ideal number of staff at most given hours to be able to care for the restaurant the way I would have liked to see as a guest.

The people I worked with were some of the hardest working, genuine and stand up folks I've ever met. This seems consistent across the board from other locations I visit with personable and charming associates.
bad salary/benefits
Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rutherford, ON1 July 2017
didn't get payed on your first day. i worked 12 hours with shortened break. disappointed
doesn't get 1.5 times my regular salary on holiday shifts
no overwork extra payment (more than 40 hours of work)
Pros
50 percent off any menus
Cons
everything i have mentioned above
amazing
Customer Service / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2017
It was an amazing experience but there is always the ups and downs in a job. the job was that good but the managment was not as thought in the end of my terms
aimer l endroit de travail directement avec le publique
restaurations (Former Employee) –  Drummondville, QC27 June 2017
avantage de travailler dans le publiques et satisfaire la clienteles
Pros
le publique
Cons
aucun
Environnement de travail désagréable
Grill, friteuse, entretien ménager (Former Employee) –  Mont-royal, QC17 June 2017
Le patron traitait ses employés comme des incapables. Ce qui rendait l'atmosphère très désagréable.
Pros
Repas gratuit, employer tres gentils
Cons
Mauvais patron, mauvaisse gérence.
Friendly and Fun!!
Counter Server (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON14 June 2017
I loved working at Harvey's. The job its self was amazing, and super easy. I've always loved being able to work alongside people, especially such fun loving people. It was never a dull moment, and there was always something to do so you were never standing around waiting for something to happen! I'd recommend Harvey's to anyone!
understand people learned to cook properly
Cook (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON5 June 2017
a typical job at harveys was me running back and forth in almost every position. i usually offered to cook. i wanted to try many different things. i was usually on drive through or cash. what i learned was how to cook properly and learned how to prep meats and veggies properly.
Fun workplace
Crew Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 May 2017
Working at Harvey's is a great experience, people there are like family. all of us are very close and we share our experience our stories and we always satisfy our customers. Harvey's serves new items on the menu, we have many usual customers coming in and out of the store and they always leave with a smile. we deal with some of the customers who are rude but it keeps our day going. it's always a pleasure working there and it is the very fun workplace.
Pros
free meals
Cons
5 hours
Don't even think about working here
Front of House Associate (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ON22 May 2017
Management do not train staff, and if ever, minimally so. Customers and workers both get disgruntled, but management can't be bothered to properly train staff to even complete orders on time. Blame is shifted around a lot. Management tends to single out certain workers they don't like. Had customers pity me multiple times because of how berating supervisors are at this location. Often times you're out there wondering how to do things on your own. Would ignore working at this harvey's location. Being paid 11.50$ to be dehumanized is not worth it. However, they are reasonable with giving days off.
Pros
50% during break only, 20% outside of that
Cons
Horrible management, no training
Basic Fast food job
Grill Master (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 May 2017
Want mediocre management? Want no raises over three years? Want constant teenage drama? Well, Harvey's is your best bet for all that and more. It's a fast food job what more do you expect?
It's for part workers
Cashier/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 May 2017
the only thing that kept me going was my co-workers. If they weren't there, I would have quit years ago. I found there wasn't an appreciation for employees unless the employee went to management first or they threatened to quit
Pros
free lunch only if you're a supervisor or higher
Cons
free lunch only if you're a supervisor or higher, Long hours
very pleasant
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON15 May 2017
amazing staff lots of opportunities for moving up, great supervisors, great customers, I loved this place but unfortunately I was let go couldn't ask for a better place to work
Its friendly environment.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 May 2017
It is pleasure to work with the Harvey's . friendly work environment.I feel honor as i am a part of management in Harvey's. Just for better future I am looking for a better opportunity.Very safe and friendly work place .As a team member every one who works they get respect and freedom.It is multi culture environment.Some times as a supervisor has to face headset time from customer but we trained how to handle critical condition so its always manageable.Some times irregular shifts make disappointment but every where its same so nothing personal . Over all its a good time to work there.
Pros
Free lunch, Bonous
fun enviornment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 May 2017
Harvey's was a great experience to work at, the people were nice and the environment was friendly. I learned a lot while working there, like customer service
Productive and good ambiance to work in
Cashier and Server (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 May 2017
Everyone is willing to help each other out while fulfilling their own duties as well. The managers are also willing to lead an extra hand during hours.
Pros
discounted lunches
Belle équipes
Commis au comptoir (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 May 2017
L'équipes est formidable a travailler sauf que le boss est un peu trop bêtre
Pros
50% repas sur les repas
Cons
Il faut entre meme lorsque qu on nest malade
Productive workplace with social environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 April 2017
Harvey's is a good place to work for a first job. It allows you to gain customer service experience, flexibility skills, and problem solving skills. Work hours are flexible for the most part. Management is good and easy to get along with.
Pros
Flexible hours, easy to book off time, understanding management, relatively good benefits, not difficult job
Cons
Customers can be rude, gossip, lots of standing around, inconsistent hours
Great people but low fulfilment
Fryer, Garnisher and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON16 April 2017
The people are great and the job is relatively easy however, there is little room for advancement within the company and the pay is minimum wage. Great for a starter job but just try not to get sucked in and overstay your welcome.
Pros
50% off on 1 meal/day when you work
Easy work for a reasonable wage.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB28 March 2017
Helping customers enjoy their mealtime was the daily incentive. It was good sharing a smile with so many people.
The tough part of the job was the ability for communication and procedure to flow appropriately, considering the rate at which management is paid.
Pros
Paid a fair wage.
Cons
Working with unbalanced young people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harvey's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9