Harvey's Employee Reviews

Don't even think about working here
Front of House Associate (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ON22 May 2017
Management do not train staff, and if ever, minimally so. Customers and workers both get disgruntled, but management can't be bothered to properly train staff to even complete orders on time. Blame is shifted around a lot. Management tends to single out certain workers they don't like. Had customers pity me multiple times because of how berating supervisors are at this location. Often times you're out there wondering how to do things on your own. Would ignore working at this harvey's location. Being paid 11.50$ to be dehumanized is not worth it. However, they are reasonable with giving days off.
Pros
50% during break only, 20% outside of that
Cons
Horrible management, no training
It's for part workers
Cashier/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 May 2017
the only thing that kept me going was my co-workers. If they weren't there, I would have quit years ago. I found there wasn't an appreciation for employees unless the employee went to management first or they threatened to quit
Pros
free lunch only if you're a supervisor or higher
Cons
free lunch only if you're a supervisor or higher, Long hours
very pleasant
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON15 May 2017
amazing staff lots of opportunities for moving up, great supervisors, great customers, I loved this place but unfortunately I was let go couldn't ask for a better place to work
Its friendly environment.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 May 2017
It is pleasure to work with the Harvey's . friendly work environment.I feel honor as i am a part of management in Harvey's. Just for better future I am looking for a better opportunity.Very safe and friendly work place .As a team member every one who works they get respect and freedom.It is multi culture environment.Some times as a supervisor has to face headset time from customer but we trained how to handle critical condition so its always manageable.Some times irregular shifts make disappointment but every where its same so nothing personal . Over all its a good time to work there.
Pros
Free lunch, Bonous
fun enviornment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 May 2017
Harvey's was a great experience to work at, the people were nice and the environment was friendly. I learned a lot while working there, like customer service
Productive and good ambiance to work in
Cashier and Server (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 May 2017
Everyone is willing to help each other out while fulfilling their own duties as well. The managers are also willing to lead an extra hand during hours.
Pros
discounted lunches
Belle équipes
Commis au comptoir (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 May 2017
L'équipes est formidable a travailler sauf que le boss est un peu trop bêtre
Pros
50% repas sur les repas
Cons
Il faut entre meme lorsque qu on nest malade
Productive workplace with social environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 April 2017
Harvey's is a good place to work for a first job. It allows you to gain customer service experience, flexibility skills, and problem solving skills. Work hours are flexible for the most part. Management is good and easy to get along with.
Pros
Flexible hours, easy to book off time, understanding management, relatively good benefits, not difficult job
Cons
Customers can be rude, gossip, lots of standing around, inconsistent hours
Great people but low fulfilment
Fryer, Garnisher and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON16 April 2017
The people are great and the job is relatively easy however, there is little room for advancement within the company and the pay is minimum wage. Great for a starter job but just try not to get sucked in and overstay your welcome.
Pros
50% off on 1 meal/day when you work
Easy work for a reasonable wage.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB28 March 2017
Helping customers enjoy their mealtime was the daily incentive. It was good sharing a smile with so many people.
The tough part of the job was the ability for communication and procedure to flow appropriately, considering the rate at which management is paid.
Pros
Paid a fair wage.
Cons
Working with unbalanced young people.
Bad managment but fun job
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON24 March 2017
I had fun with this job until they decided to switch over management positions that is when everyone quit and it all started to go downhill. The work experience was good and they also trained well which was a bonus
Good first job, friendly work environment
Made my way from associate to manager (Current Employee) –  Keswick, ON22 March 2017
Harvey's taught me many skills that I will take with me in any job that may come my way. Management has taught me how to handle working in a high-stress environment while also maintaining a friendly and positive attitude.
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 March 2017
free lunches and dinner i gained weight. had to clean the customers washroom , moping which i hated mostly. long hours standing no rest dish washing was thr worst part
Starter job and nothing more
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 March 2017
Barely any room for advancement and compensation is very poor. Uncleanly working conditions and extremely high standards for staff and how far minimum wage compensation actually goes. Little to no appreciation or positive re-encouragement.
Pros
flexible working schedule
Cons
unorganized environment, poor working conditions, unappreciative owner
It is fast food. meh
Cook (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON22 February 2017
Hate fast food jobs, avoid at all cost unless you just need a quick part time job. Hopefully it works out well but usually it's just a first job or quick fix
Not that great
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON20 February 2017
Low pay high stress, started out with free lunches which was a plus, but then I was only allowed one item off the menu for free? Also, Owner gives Police 50% off food, but staff only get 20% off, and no other Emergency service gets discount. Also practically ran the store and trained the new General Manager for only $12.50
Pros
Nice people
Cons
It was ok but not for me
Storefront Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON17 February 2017
I enjoyed harvey's at first but then did not like it. very fast paced environment. the co workers where great but they didn't have very flexible hours.
Friendly, Great experience, and awesome staff members
Cashier/Customer Service/Cook (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 February 2017
Working at Harvey's was a great experience for a first job. However, it's not a place I would work in permanently. The staff members were very friendly when I was working there. Learning a lot about the food over there was also great. If you are thinking of applying to Harvey's, I say you should. It's very beneficial and you get to learn a lot more plus the experience over there was great.
Pros
discounts for food.
Cons
Lack of hours.
great palce to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON9 February 2017
great people n great food. very friendly n welcoming.. clean. fast paced. wonderful boss and. all around great place to work
Unpleasent place to work
Cashier and Sandwich garnisher (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC31 January 2017
Clean trays, mop floors, garnish the hamburgers, wraps, and hotdogs. People i worked with did not know how to train me so I had to learn on my own. Manager was strange. You must be able to work under pressure and be okay with customers watching you as you garnish the food.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Boring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harvey's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9