Harvey's Employee Reviews

very serious not a lot of fun
garnish burgers (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON3 January 2018
co-workers were amazing, very helpful with training and making me feel welcomed. schedule was poorly done, during interview i made sure they knew hockey was a main priority and i would need hockey off, got booked to work on all my hockey days.
Pros
half price lunch
Cons
long hours, time management
good first part time job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 November 2017
⦁ Our goal was to deliver a positive guest experience by ensuring the food quality was at the highest standard possible. I was also part of a strong and motivated team.
Unproductive workplace with abusive supervision
Frontline Teammate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 November 2017
Tasks were consistently left incomplete, sacrificing sanitation and safety, and labour laws were rarely observed. Supervisors gossiped about team members in front of other employees and were quick to lay blame against one another without sufficient information. Supervisors contacted employees outside work for personal reasons to the point of harassment and became threateningly agitated when asked to stop. I strongly advise against applying here
Pros
Free sodapop, employee discount
Cons
Extreme workplace abuse, harassment outside work
Entry level job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 November 2017
Exactly what you would expect from an entry level job. No room to move up, little to no raises. Very easy job but some people are hard to work with and job can be unnecessarily stressful at times because of that
Pros
Entry level job for highschooler
Cons
Minimum wage
Work was good when I worked with the right people
Front End Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON31 October 2017
Harvey's is good the main manager is a pervert though, but all the other ones are nice! you get 50% off only when youre working and 20% i think when youre not. You work long hours so when you close youd be there from 12am to 2 am.
Pros
drive through is fun
Cons
stay so late, pervert manager
Good Place to work
Front line and drive through worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 October 2017
I really enjoyed my experience working at Harveys. The job was a great experience and I loved wokring in the drive thorugh area and learning so many new skills
Pros
good hours
Cons
rude manager
Productive place to work gain new knowledge and experiences
Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 September 2017
Learn a lot about kitchen and food handling. Understand what your job is. Take part in almost everything such as cook, frying, cashier, and garnishing.
Pros
50% off your meal, 20% discount card
Cons
On your feet a lot, working to fast sometimes.
Fast paced and Friendly Environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON15 September 2017
Working at Harvey's is a great place to gain different levels of knowledge and experience in every aspect of the company. its a great place to work if you're just starting off in the work field or if your new to the country and looking to build relationship and communication skills. The people are generally very easy to get along with and work with. It's very fast paced so you much learn how to work quickly and efficiently.
nice employees
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON13 September 2017
nice employees, the job was a nice starter job but for advancement and getting into a bigger role within the company is next to impossible but again its a good starter job
Pros
good starter job
Cons
cant really advance
Amazing people to work with
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON5 September 2017
I loved my job at harveys, the people I worked with and teh customers were always a joy to be around. I learned how to take charge and run my own team and make hard choices. I solved problems while running the floor smoothly.
Pros
the job was fun the people were great
Cons
the salarey didnt cover my expenses
Horrible experience
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON29 August 2017
1# Don't even work here it's a waste of time and if you plan on closing you have to work for free for a few hours which shouldn't be okay.

2# managers are not nice and don't seem to care about health of employees and often suggest you to do dangerous things.

3# you get discriminated

4# you get blamed for things that aren't your fault

5# when you get hurt you just have to deal with it
Pros
N/a
Cons
Too many to name
great atmosphere
cook & cashier (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB4 August 2017
It's great place to work at. Very accepting towards individuals that have visible tattoos.
Always something to do, great coworkers too.
But a lack of proper training.
busy but an uncomfortable workplace
cleaning and cooking (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 July 2017
the manager made people do things that they are not supposed to do pr comfortable doing. really bad communication between the boss and the employees.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short hours
Good management
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON24 July 2017
Busy everyday but it is alwaays depending on the time of the day and so many friendly workers. Every machine is easy to learn and everything is organized.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
short hours
Great for a first job!
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON24 July 2017
Great for a first job! I started here when i was in the later part of my grade ten life and it gave me great experience of what having a job would be like.
okay place to work
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON24 July 2017
Its an okay place to work. the workers are all young people and there is alot of talking behind everyones back not the greatest place to work. the main supervisor is really nice and the owner is nice. but some of the staff it that really shouldnt be working there.
Busy yet cultural
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2017
Depending on location the store could be busy but it is a great way to learn about customer service and team work. A good way to show leadership and capability to work under pressure.
Pros
Locations and team
Cons
Wage and benefits
Fun place can get stressful but wonderful staff
Garnisher (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 July 2017
The people are great but like every job there's some slackers and that's about all that's bad besides some of the rude customers that come in. The management is wonderful and they're all sweethearts
High expectations for low pay
Manager (Current Employee) –  North York, ON4 July 2017
While the culture that Harvey's tries to build brings in some truly amazing people into the fold, it doesn't stop it from being an absolute grind of a job. As with any retail job you can expect to deal with inconsistent hours, little opportunities for advancement and often in our case less than ideal equipment. Never felt as if we had the most ideal number of staff at most given hours to be able to care for the restaurant the way I would have liked to see as a guest.

The people I worked with were some of the hardest working, genuine and stand up folks I've ever met. This seems consistent across the board from other locations I visit with personable and charming associates.
bad salary/benefits
Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rutherford, ON1 July 2017
didn't get payed on your first day. i worked 12 hours with shortened break. disappointed
doesn't get 1.5 times my regular salary on holiday shifts
no overwork extra payment (more than 40 hours of work)
Pros
50 percent off any menus
Cons
everything i have mentioned above

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harvey's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9