Harvey's Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
fun workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee), Bradford, ONMay 2, 2016
Pros: 50% discount on meals during shift
Cons: poor scheduling
fast paced environment, fun, a good first job to teach you how the workforce operates. although the weekly schedule was usually late making it difficult to balance your personal life.
fun place to work and free food
Cash Register (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONApril 30, 2016
Pros: free lunches
Cons: 30 min. breaks
usually busy everyday and you learn how to cook and socialize with lots of people. There's a lot of teamwork involved when working. the hardest part of the job is when we have rushes it gets kinda crazy. the most enjoyable part of the job is cooking the food.
love working here
Supervisor (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONApril 11, 2016
the owner is an amazing boss. Very caring and really takes care of his employees. Everyone is friendly and get along very well. Love working here.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee), Stratford, ONApril 10, 2016
When arriving at work, I would check the position chart to see which station I would be working at. Through out the day we have task we have to complete before 3 pm which included cleaning bathrooms, food preparation, sweep and mop our lobby. If I was working for dinner as well I would have certain tasks to complete before my shift had ended. The team and management were excellent to work with, we worked together as a team, and treated each other like family.
Gives opportunities to deal with new people everyday.
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Brampton, ONApril 9, 2016
Pros: Exposure by customer service management
Cons: Food industry is very challenging
Working at HARVEY's is new and different experience. Earlier i was doing office job but at Harvey's physical and presence of mind is required because we have to focus on best customer service we can give and quality control as well. Working in a team is fun but sometimes very challenging.
The hardest part of job is when your customer not satisfied with your service, to deal with that situation and make your customer happy is sometimes tedious task.
The most enjoyable part of the job working with different people and dealing with different kind of people.
Great experience
Cashier/Server (Current Employee), New Liskeard, ONMarch 20, 2016
I work as a cashier, running the drive through till and main cash inside of Harvey's

I've learned how to prioritize and work with others to get jobs done efficiently

My co-workers are wonderful to work with, we all help one another in the workplace
Good Co workers
Garnisher (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONMarch 5, 2016
Pros: Discounts on meals
Cons: Limited shifts at times due to needs of the business.
Good Co workers made the shifts go better for me, there wasn't a whole lot of room for advancement I felt but then again I was only there for a short time.
fast paced, friendly environment
Front of House (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 29, 2016
Pros: Discount of food, meeting new people, gaining experience
Cons: Constantly cleaning the mensroom, having rude customers
Very busy burst of customers
Learned to prepare various food item and to use a cash register
co workers were friendly and helpful
The hardest part of the job was to handle stubborn customers when I had no authority
The most enjoyable parts was interacting with customers and getting discounted food
continuous learning
Store Front Employee/Cashier (Current Employee), Kingston, ONFebruary 18, 2016
Pros: flexible working hours
Cons: minimum wage, no rank ups
A good working environment, nice co-workers, hard working managers.The hardest part of the job is having to maintain a positive attitude even when life got tough, though my manager taught me that in order to be successful in a work place, it is best to forget any other negative aspects in life and focus on my job and only my job.
N/a
Various positions (Former Employee), New Glasgow, NSFebruary 18, 2016
Various positions
Grill Chef
Busboy
Excellent customer service skills
Knowledge of cash and aspects of cash
Able to work in a fast pace environment
Able to meet and beat tight deadlines through efficient work practices and ability to multi-task
Productive and fun workplace
Grill and Fryer (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: Free lunch for working hard
Cons: Hours
A good working environment, nice co-workers, hard working managers that help guide and encourage every worker. Working at Harvey's was a great place for me to help grow, and obtain different skills I never had before that can help for upcoming job opportunities.
Garnisher/prep
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee), Simcoe, ONJanuary 29, 2016
Pros: being able to prep
Cons: not enough hours
I would garnish the hamburgers, I also would do prep....this means I would prepare salads, also chop onions, fill up ketchup, relish, etc....for the garnish area to serve the customers on there preference.
Fun team to be a part of
Prep/ Cashier (Former Employee), Guelph, ONJanuary 17, 2016
Everyone is happy and polite, even when they get frustrated. When a mistake is made the team leaders know to constructively correct you, which I value very highly :) Very easy environment to adapt to and fun place to work!
A great work environment would work at a Harvey's again if sports don't get in the way.
Cook (Former Employee), Lindsay, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Pros: Free drinks, awesome co-workers and great managers.
Cons: no cons except if I had homework on a night I worked.
My review on Harvey's is simple, enjoyable. Everyday I had a shift I enjoyed walking into the kitchen and everybody say hi and just really nice co-workers and managers.
Harveys is a great workplace experience for workers to start in.
Crew Member/Cashier (Current Employee), North York, ONJanuary 11, 2016
Harvey is a great experience for beginner workers, it is not a very hard workplace, depending on the steadiness of the day, it can get busy. Co-workers are great and always willing to help when needed, management is very generous and understanding. Hardest part of the job may be the grill, also depending on the rush.
The supervisors were nice. Not so much the manager.
Cashier (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 3, 2016
Pros: nothing
Cons: Not steady with lunch schedule and breaks
The manager persistently sexually harass me verbally and found a way of making it very uncomfortable for me to work there. The end result was me leaving the job.
Productive Workplace
Store Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 15, 2015
Pros: Management
Cons: Short Hours
Very Enjoyable and Fast Paced Workplace to learn and grow. Team environment is very friendly and the Management is really caring and understanding.
I worked there for a little bit and enjoyed it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), London, ONDecember 3, 2015
Over the two months of working at Harveys I did enjoy my time there, the job was easy to learn and if you were struggling with something their was always someone around to help.
It's fast food. enough said!
Cashier (Current Employee), Bowmanville, ONNovember 9, 2015
Pros: 50% discount when working and 20% when not
Cons: Management
Okay so a typical day I start at 8 so i come in and clean greasy fryers and filter all the crumbs and burnt fries/rings out, then I set up four garnish stations with all the burger toppings, put in the pop dispensers, fill ice bins, start a pot of coffee and hot water, get the grill station ready with all the grill chicken, burgers, hotdogs, bacon and cheese, put down all the chairs, make sure apple pies are ready and out in the warmers, get 5 buckets of sanitize water and cloths are out around the kitchen area and Tuesdays and Fridays help put away the deliveries, all before 10:30 if everything isn't done, the owners murmur about how slow i am behind my back or if they are angry enough later right behind me(has happened once or twice). Also most days cleaning tasks are added to that morning im already scrambling to get done, which only adds more to the "why are you behind?". the management knows I am a good cleaner and that i have a hard time saying no to cleaning and work so they abuse that and have me clean above a 250 degree chicken rotisserie while its going. As for co-workers its fast food so of course you have your 16 year old high-schoolers causing drama and being jerks to everyone, though I have a few of my old highschool friends there and I try my best to get along with everyone and just avoid the troublemakers. all in all not much enjoyable about this workplace but hey It's a job and I need money.
Garnish burgers for customers, working fast during lunch hours
Cashier/Garnisher (Former Employee), 6620 Finch Avenue W, Etobicoke, ONOctober 27, 2015
A typical day at Harvey's I would usually open and prepare my garnish station. It was my job to ensure the vegetables and condiments were freshly prepared for the customers. Every hour it was my job to check up on the lobby and make sure the tables and washrooms were clean.
Headquarters