Harvey's

Harvey's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Harvey's is a wonderful place to work
Closed the Restaurant as the chef (Current Employee), Kitchener OntarioMay 31, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, good crew
Cons: when the store is slow the shift drags on to cleaning
it was my first job my family member owns half the business so i was hired and been working there since 2012. iv learned everything in just a matter of weeks as i learned quickly and with determination. i quickly was thought how to do cash and then worked the kitchen for a year closing the store as i would work 5-10 every night doing alot of hard working preparing the store for the day after.
Great staff
Supervisor (Current Employee), Smiths Falls, ONMay 18, 2015
Pros: Staff
Cons: Work conditions
Harvey's is a great place to work. Within 2 months I became a supervisor. The staff are great to work with.Worked many 10:30-4:30 and 4:30-10 shifts. I enjoyed being a supervisor and learning all the roles of the company.
Highly recommended workplace
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee), St. John's, NLMay 17, 2015
Highly recommend working at Harvey's. Every though it has a busy working environment the workers, supervisors, managers are extremely nice people, caring and co operating. Everyone knows what they are doing, and what they need to do. Clean environment. Definitely the best place I have ever work at. I wish I never had to leave the job, but the location wasn't convenient for me.
time for a change
takeout / cashier (Former Employee), woodbridgeMay 13, 2015
-been there for 2 years
- i really liked working with the employers
- The management was helpful at sometimes when its needed for busy hours
- hardest part was the busy hours when it gets out of control to pack the food in the bags
Productive Workplace
Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 11, 2015
Everything was done efficiently. I encountered to little to no problems with the other associates and management. Hardest part of job was adjusting to everything when I first started working. I eventually got the hang of things. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the other associates.
Overall: Decent
Cashier (Former Employee), StouffvilleMay 11, 2015
Working here was a lot of fun. I met a lot of new people and made a lot of new friends. I would make fries and burgers and chicken fingers etc. Being a cashier I would handlle money.
Fun Work Place
Cashier and Cook (Current Employee), Markham, ONMay 10, 2015
Pros: Positive Workplace
Fun and great place to be at. Enjoyed the kindness and positive energy surrounding the work place. Very good place to learn at for first job! Recommend working there for a great experience.
Busy Restaurant
Cashier (Former Employee), Smiths Falls, ONMay 4, 2015
Pros: Nice people
Cons: only worked 3 hours per day, some people worked 5 hours.
Wasn't a bad place to be. You had a lot of jobs to do, but that's to be expected in a restaurant. Salary was OK?. Restaurant was very small plus stock room, plus more stock outside in truck.
Productive and enjoyable environment to work in
cashier (Former Employee), 6775 Ch. de la Côte-des-neiges, Mtl, QC, H3S 2B5May 2, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: lived far
A typical day at work would be to come in, change, say hi to everyone, check if the tables are clean, then go behind the counter and start greeting the customers.
I learned that having a good communication with your team is essential to the productivity and quality of our work. Putting on a smile is also important regarding the clientele and also to have a good vibe among the team to keep it going through the day.
I would say the hardest part of the job was when there was a lot of clients coming in at the same time and sometimes we felt overloaded but we still made it through, just with a little more difficulty.
Furthermore, the most enjoyable part of my job where my co-workers. They are lovely people and very nice and helpful, as well as my managers, including the free lunches!
blah
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Welland, ONApril 6, 2015
i didnt like the manager and half the employees were awful. the only person i liked was the district manager and no one listened to him if he wasnt around. the place was dirty and the service was usually terrible
Productive and fun workplace
Grill Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 3, 2015
Working at Harvey's is a pleasurable experience. You go to work everyday with so much energy because your coworkers are friendly and they bring out positive vibes in the workplace. They value their customers and we do our absolute best to make sure our customers leave happy and satisfied with their experience with us. Managers are young, full of energy and keep everyone in control even on the hardest days. I'm a grill master and its the best part of the job.
Good Environment/ poor managment
Storefront/dishwasher (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 21, 2015
Pros: free lunches, well arranged schedule
Cons: managers performces
Arrive at 10am work till 12:30 have lunch go home at 5pm. Very easy job to work at. preparing the sandwiches for the customers was very easy due to the arrangement of the kitchen.. Poor management. I was overworked due to lack of employees.
productive work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Montreal,QCMarch 4, 2015
It was a regular part time job, the hours were not reliable and the salary was not enough for the work that was asked of me. The teamwork was not efficient and most of the time i was stuck doing a lot of the work by myself while everyone else was not participating. Overall it was an OK part time job.
Tight-knit staff members, team mentality, hard workers
Supervisor (Current Employee), Bracebridge, ONFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: friends at work, discounted/free meals, developing new skills and taking on new responsibilities
Cons: split shifts
- Adversities faced with ease
- Enhancing customer service skills
- Great management
- Hard working team
- Dealing with complaints and kitchen errors
- Meeting new people and ensuring customer satisfaction
I really enjoyed this placement
Kitchen Helper, Co-op placement (Former Employee), forest glen plazaFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: it's a really fun work environment
Cons: in my opinion there wasn't any cons
I really enjoyed this placement because I got the opportunity to grill burgers and dress the burgers as well as cleaned the front of the restaurant and even cleaned the windows and door
co-workers are friendly and more fun to work other than it gets busy
Grill Cook (Current Employee), Stouffville, ONJanuary 17, 2015
I'm working there for more than 1 year. Its a really experience. I've learned a lot about restaurant such as how to do grill and closing shift. Co-workers are more friendly and supportive each other. Its really fun to work there.
Great first job
Grill Cook/ Cashier (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Harvey's was my first good. I gained a lot of customer service experience and learn working Cash. Overall I enjoyed working there is was just mismanaged.
perrt good
everthing (Former Employee), mapleviweDecember 22, 2014
not bad , not enough hours, but over all not bad , but the people are rude to work with or the mangers pick one you
Great Experience
Cashier / Garnisher (Former Employee), Markham Rd & 14th AvenueOctober 24, 2014
Pros: weekly free breakfast
Cons: minimal hours
A typical day at work would be me working as cashier, I had a lot of experience working with the cash register and dealing with all sorts of customers. A new thing I learned was how to garnish food and to work at a very fast pace environment when there was not a lot of employees on the floor. The management was all new on the job in that particular store because the store had just opened up and for just starting off at a new location they were doing quite well especially since there was a lot to get done. My coworkers were all great to work with all friendly and constantly ask me for help. The hardest part of the job was when they put me in the kitchen and grill area when the store was super busy because I was not trained for it but I got better as I got more experience. The most enjoyable part of the job was all the experience I gained it was new working for a store that had just opened so everyone was learning a lot and we all got better as time went on.
Productive Workplace
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PEOctober 20, 2014
Typical day at work includes:

-dishwashing
-sanitizing
-mopping
-sweeping
-taking out garbage

1 2 3 4 5

About Harvey's

Food Lion is a king among grocery chains in the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic regions where it operates about 1,345 supermarkets – Read more