Harvey's

Harvey's Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Montreal,QCMarch 4, 2015
It was a regular part time job, the hours were not reliable and the salary was not enough for the work that was asked of me. The teamwork was not efficient and most of the time i was stuck doing a lot of the work by myself while everyone else was not participating. Overall it was an OK part time job.
Tight-knit staff members, team mentality, hard workers
Supervisor (Current Employee), Bracebridge, ONFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: friends at work, discounted/free meals, developing new skills and taking on new responsibilities
Cons: split shifts
- Adversities faced with ease
- Enhancing customer service skills
- Great management
- Hard working team
- Dealing with complaints and kitchen errors
- Meeting new people and ensuring customer satisfaction
I really enjoyed this placement
Kitchen Helper, Co-op placement (Former Employee), forest glen plazaFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: it's a really fun work environment
Cons: in my opinion there wasn't any cons
I really enjoyed this placement because I got the opportunity to grill burgers and dress the burgers as well as cleaned the front of the restaurant and even cleaned the windows and door
co-workers are friendly and more fun to work other than it gets busy
Grill Cook (Current Employee), Stouffville, ONJanuary 17, 2015
I'm working there for more than 1 year. Its a really experience. I've learned a lot about restaurant such as how to do grill and closing shift. Co-workers are more friendly and supportive each other. Its really fun to work there.
Great first job
Grill Cook/ Cashier (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Harvey's was my first good. I gained a lot of customer service experience and learn working Cash. Overall I enjoyed working there is was just mismanaged.
perrt good
everthing (Former Employee), mapleviweDecember 22, 2014
not bad , not enough hours, but over all not bad , but the people are rude to work with or the mangers pick one you
Great Experience
Cashier / Garnisher (Former Employee), Markham Rd & 14th AvenueOctober 24, 2014
Pros: weekly free breakfast
Cons: minimal hours
A typical day at work would be me working as cashier, I had a lot of experience working with the cash register and dealing with all sorts of customers. A new thing I learned was how to garnish food and to work at a very fast pace environment when there was not a lot of employees on the floor. The management was all new on the job in that particular store because the store had just opened up and for just starting off at a new location they were doing quite well especially since there was a lot to get done. My coworkers were all great to work with all friendly and constantly ask me for help. The hardest part of the job was when they put me in the kitchen and grill area when the store was super busy because I was not trained for it but I got better as I got more experience. The most enjoyable part of the job was all the experience I gained it was new working for a store that had just opened so everyone was learning a lot and we all got better as time went on.
Productive Workplace
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PEOctober 20, 2014
Typical day at work includes:

-dishwashing
-sanitizing
-mopping
-sweeping
-taking out garbage
Harvey's is an enjoyable job if you are an enthusiastic individual who likes engaging in conversation with customers and cleaning.
FRONT LINE CASHIER & GARNISHER (Former Employee), Markham, ONOctober 15, 2014
Pros: 50% discount on one meal the days you are working
A typical day at work consists of smiling, engaging in small talk, serving customers, garnishing, washing dishes and cleaning.

Harvey's helped improve my communication skills and taught me how to manage my time efficiently. I learned how to become more productive and prioritize the correct tasks

My co-workers were the best people I have ever met. Working at a restaurant with people who I genuinely enjoyed speaking to, made my job that much more likable.

The hardest part of the job was having to maintain a positive attitude even when life got tough, though my manager taught me that in order to be successful in a work place, it is best to forget any other negative aspects in life and focus on my job and only my job.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and being the reason someone smiled. It was also a pleasure working with my co-workers whom I admired very much.
good
Cashier, Garnisher and cook (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 29, 2014
I do my job perfectly
hard working
learned cash and debit transactions
cooking and garnishing burgers
Never Again
Crew Person (Cashier/Drive-Thru) (Former Employee), Bells Corners, Nepean, OntarioSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: 20-50 percent off
Cons: weird hours
Harvey's management, at least the one I personally worked at, is all family run. This is not itself a bad thing just that because it's family run some people think they can "hide" behind mommy and daddies titles, making it a very insufferable place to work.
As all student part-time jobs
Cuisinier, caissier / Cook, cashier (Former Employee), Saint-hubert, QCAugust 28, 2014
Pros: stimulating colleagues, easy job
Cons: rush hours were overwhelming, boss didn't take consideration of my outside-of-work's life
I worked in a kitchen with oily floors, came back from work smelling fries. Not much to say except I did it, and am proud of it. I made some friends there, spent some good time too. It made a bit of cash while studying, it was great. I think I just hated my shifts, and it wasn't Harvey's fault, I finished school at 2 o'clock in the afternoon, worked 45 minutes from there, on foot, and worked until 10:30 PM. I was always too tired. So overall, great work experience, great colleagues but my boss never understood I had to study in the day and work AFTER that, and also that I wanted a life outside work and school.
Fun, enthusiastic work place!
Supervisor / Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Burlington, ONAugust 18, 2014
I learned all skills required to be a leader.
With the help of management and staff, I became a crew trainer and was able to hire and help new employees and help them to the best of my ability!
Worked on my people skills at this job.
Fun and fast paced environment to work in.
HOH Associate (Former Employee), Windsor, ONAugust 18, 2014
My experience working for Harveys was a good one. I learned skills such as time management, communication, multi-tasking. I also worked with a fun and exciting staff. Hardest part of the job was not smiling all the time.
it's fun working at harveys
Cashier (Former Employee), Markham, ONAugust 9, 2014
a typical day at work i would get there early, sometimes start work before i clock in to help the pervious co-workers. i learnt how to work in a fast place environment. management where sometimes funny, but other times couldn't cut people some slack which is fine.
Overall environment is people friendly
Cashier/ Drive-thru/ Garnisher (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONJuly 20, 2014
At Harvey's I was required to perform many tasks such as assembling drive-thru orders, handling cashier, garnishing burgers and cleaning the dining room. The tasks I was required to do was not a simple one yet I strived to accomplish them. At the end of the day, working at Harvey's has been an interesting yet fun experience as I have made many new friends and learned more about the fast food industry.
Required to have a lifestyle where work is number 1
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Guelph, ONJuly 19, 2014
Pros: half off meals, flexible hours
Cons: work weekends
All Harvey's are different based on the owners. You are required to keep a smile on your face at all times. The team mates are just that team mates, and they will help you when you're down.
so-so
crew (Former Employee), Pierrefonds, QCJune 30, 2014
Pros: sociable environment
Cons: rude encounters with customers
My first job ever. It was not too bad as a first. There were a few issues with the management. No overtime pay or holiday pay or whatever.
the atmosphere was enjoyable and exciting
garnisher, cashier, drive thru (Former Employee), hamilton, ontJune 23, 2014
Pros: worked with a couple of friends
Cons: too far to travel
loved working there but had to quit due to not enough hours and I was travelling 3 hours daily for a 3 hour shift
A day at Harvey's
Cashier (Former Employee), Aurora, ONJune 7, 2014
Pros: half off one meal every working day
Cons: some of the people i worked with.
Very fast pace around lunch time. Co-workers were friendly. I learned not to be as anxious. The management wasn't that great.

1 2 3 4

About Harvey's

Food Lion is a king among grocery chains in the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic regions where it operates about 1,345 supermarkets – Read more