Harvey's Employee Reviews

Good Management to work with.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Port Elgin, ONAugust 31, 2016
It is good company to work with. The management is really very nice. The most enjoyable part of work is the co-workers are really very nice and helpful.
I love all my jobs and co-workers very nice and kind people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Royal York & QueenswayAugust 21, 2016
I guess everyday is the same work is work right just work hard because i feel when you work hard and fast days past by very quick.
When you make mistakes you`ll fix it and learned new things everyday
Co-workers some people say sometimes its hard to meet new people or work with people at your work I think it`s maybe because we`re new and some people are different we just got to communicate and socialize with co-workers getting to know one another is a good way to work happy and feel good everyday at work.
The hardest part is in the beginning I am very shy but in a week i will get used to everyone I am very nice and an honest person
The most enjoyable part of the job is doing what you love makes you happy!!
Pros
I make my own lunch
Cons
long short im okay with either
okay
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Wallaceburg, ONAugust 15, 2016
okay job for students.

hardest part: people i work for. long days. people gossiping.

i have learned better math skills and people skills. don't like going for a 3 hour shift when it takes me a 1/2 hour to get to work.

people getting mad when you call in sick.
Pros
able to pay my bills
Cons
stressful environment
Fast paced workplace, can be stressful.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Leader, SKAugust 10, 2016
Most days have lunch and supper rushes, so during that time you are trying to remain calm while you have a line up to the door.
Most co workers are fine, but the management is family, so it makes it more difficult on the teammates because if they have a problem with a supervisor behaviour, they cannot go to the General Manager and complain.
I used to love this job until new supervisors came and started to treat us badly.
Pros
50% off meals
Productive and fun workplace
Frontline/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONAugust 9, 2016
My typical day here before was really stressful especially when it got busy and there is just 3 or 4 people working. Most of the time I can handle it but sometimes I just can't. They need to add more staffs so that we can work together as a team
Seasonal employment, and very unorganized management
Cashier/Cook/Garnisher (Former Employee) –  Brock UniversityJuly 30, 2016
Management staff were very unorganized, and the treatment of staff was completely biased based on who they actually liked, and you'd be given positions daily based on if they liked you or not..
Pros
Flexible with school
Cons
Bad management
Productive work place
Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONJuly 15, 2016
Harvey's is an good place to work where you will be working in a friendly and productive atmosphere. Supervisors are helpful and they encourages you a lot. It is a good place to learn new work experiences
Pros
interactive work place
Cons
Short hours
Busyplace
Cashier and Line head (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 4, 2016
Got a lot of new experience. They give chances to new people and help them accomodate. Understanding employers
Pros
FREE DRINKS
Cons
NO BREAKS
Fast paced and busy environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  3543 Wyecroft Rd Oakville, ONJune 22, 2016
- Managing the floor
- Keeping the restaurant clean
- Fixing or replacing damaged equipment
- Plumbing experience
- Hardest part disciplining the staff when an error occurred
Pros
Experience
Cons
Managing teenangers
A great beginners job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  8865 Yonge StreetJune 21, 2016
Harvey's is a great workplace which cross trains employees to be able to do several jobs such as grill, fryer, garnisher, and cashier. My workplace is full of great people including amazing managers. Although some days can be fast-paced and somewhat stressful, it is a great learning experience! I have learned how to work quickly yet productive, how to resolve conflicts, and how to talk to customers. My favourite part of the job was making people happy. Overall, this is a great job but I am now looking for something more geared towards my field in animal care.
Pros
great job experience
Cons
Cool place to work if you're a student
Cashier/Garnisher (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ONJune 9, 2016
I found that the location you work at determines how well you will enjoy your job. A higher end location has better management and has a better work environment than a lower end location.

My current location is completely 180 from the other location I worked at. I find I have no motivation and a lot of the workers there do not make it a positive work environment. Received little to no training. Possibly because I worked at a previous location, but I think I should have gotten trained anyway because as I quickly found out both locations do things really differently. The manager would forget they said something or didn't say something then you would get in trouble for it. There are authoritative managers which I learned is no good for the work place. An effective manager needs all traits.

I like that the hours are flexible, but if you are hired based on a certain schedule you gave you may find yourself unable to have leniency when changing your schedule. Also be sure to let them know you are going to school or may be going back because some managers want a full availability from you always. Even if you only get part time hours. Forewarning, you may just get fired for it!

The hardest part of the job is dealing with angry or inpatient customers. It gets frustrating so you either need to be patient or learn to deal with it. Unless the customer is in your face, "the customer is always right" and you can't argue back or anything. Customer service is key.

I have been learning speed of service and conflict resolution. I have been strengthening my customer service and communication
  more... skills. Overall, Harvey's is a great place to work if you are in school or just need a part time job. It isn't ideal for long term unless you really enjoy working in fast food restaurants. But I would recommend working towards becoming a supervisor or manager.  less
Pros
50% off meal during shift, 20% off cara brands, flexible hours
Cons
shifts vary, poor management, no motivation
My review
Cook/Garnisher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 8, 2016
Harvey's is a good place to work If you are looking for your first job. This place has a friendly environment with a professional attitude.
my work wasnt that fun because everyone was at each other
Food Prep (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 2, 2016
my typical day at work consist of my showing up waiting for my shift to start and when my shifts start i go on, its usually not busy for 5 minutes but after five minutes its gets really busy and the management is poor because they always yell at people for know reason. but what i mostly enjoy about this job is pay day.
Pros
50% og food
Cons
barely any hours
Good first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 27, 2016
This job is a good place to start your first part time work as a student. Most of the employees are young so this is a good environment to get early work experience.
Fast paced workplace
CASHIER AND KITCHEN MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONMay 25, 2016
A typical day at Harvey's is busy. Be prepared to always be doing something; whether that's prepping ingredients, cleaning, serving, or washing dishes.
The hardest part of the job is some customers will purposely give you a hard time, but alternatively being able to serve so many people happiness via food is a big plus.
Pros
Fast paced and busy
Cons
Too much to do with sometimes too little staff
Good for my first job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONMay 10, 2016
Great as a starting job. You learn basic skills and have a great start when is come to working with customers. Can be stressful during rushes. Can take a lot of time, as Harveys has long hours of operation.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Understaffed
A Good First Job
STORE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 5, 2016
A typical day at work included opening the restaurant. My duties were to clean out the fryers and grill, prepping all condiments and supplies, counting the cash tills and assigning my co-workers with a position for the day. During the day I would switch between cashier, garnish and grill, depending on how busy it was at each station. I would also close the restaurant. My duties including cleaning all machines and tools, packing and storing all condiments and supplies, counting the cash tills, making the bank deposit and locking up the restaurant. Although, I would usually open and close the restaurant for most of my shifts. This job taught me how to be fast on my feet and gave me extensive leadership skills. The hardest part of the job was the conditions I had to work in. When the restaurant got very busy the environment got very hot and humid which made it difficult to work in. The most enjoyable part of this job was the amazing and outgoing guests I would meet everyday.
Pros
The challenging and fast-pace environment.
Cons
Environment Conditions.
Good place to work at. Very good manager and staff
Garnisher/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Belleville, OntarioMay 2, 2016
My shifts were 3-4 hour shifts. I learned how fryers work but for the most part i already knew how to do a lot of things Harvey's asked me to do already. Management was very good and organized. Staff was nice. Hard part, garnishing is tough if you have to do it for an hour or more. Enjoyable part was the staff
fun workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ONMay 2, 2016
fast paced environment, fun, a good first job to teach you how the workforce operates. although the weekly schedule was usually late making it difficult to balance your personal life.
Pros
50% discount on meals during shift
Cons
poor scheduling
fun place to work and free food
Cash Register (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONApril 30, 2016
usually busy everyday and you learn how to cook and socialize with lots of people. There's a lot of teamwork involved when working. the hardest part of the job is when we have rushes it gets kinda crazy. the most enjoyable part of the job is cooking the food.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
30 min. breaks