Harvey's Employee Reviews

nice employees
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON13 September 2017
nice employees, the job was a nice starter job but for advancement and getting into a bigger role within the company is next to impossible but again its a good starter job
Pros
good starter job
Cons
cant really advance
Amazing people to work with
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON5 September 2017
I loved my job at harveys, the people I worked with and teh customers were always a joy to be around. I learned how to take charge and run my own team and make hard choices. I solved problems while running the floor smoothly.
Pros
the job was fun the people were great
Cons
the salarey didnt cover my expenses
Horrible experience
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON29 August 2017
1# Don't even work here it's a waste of time and if you plan on closing you have to work for free for a few hours which shouldn't be okay.

2# managers are not nice and don't seem to care about health of employees and often suggest you to do dangerous things.

3# you get discriminated

4# you get blamed for things that aren't your fault

5# when you get hurt you just have to deal with it
Pros
N/a
Cons
Too many to name
great atmosphere
cook & cashier (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB4 August 2017
It's great place to work at. Very accepting towards individuals that have visible tattoos.
Always something to do, great coworkers too.
But a lack of proper training.
busy but an uncomfortable workplace
cleaning and cooking (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 July 2017
the manager made people do things that they are not supposed to do pr comfortable doing. really bad communication between the boss and the employees.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short hours
Good management
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON24 July 2017
Busy everyday but it is alwaays depending on the time of the day and so many friendly workers. Every machine is easy to learn and everything is organized.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
short hours
Great for a first job!
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON24 July 2017
Great for a first job! I started here when i was in the later part of my grade ten life and it gave me great experience of what having a job would be like.
okay place to work
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON24 July 2017
Its an okay place to work. the workers are all young people and there is alot of talking behind everyones back not the greatest place to work. the main supervisor is really nice and the owner is nice. but some of the staff it that really shouldnt be working there.
Busy yet cultural
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2017
Depending on location the store could be busy but it is a great way to learn about customer service and team work. A good way to show leadership and capability to work under pressure.
Pros
Locations and team
Cons
Wage and benefits
Fun place can get stressful but wonderful staff
Garnisher (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 July 2017
The people are great but like every job there's some slackers and that's about all that's bad besides some of the rude customers that come in. The management is wonderful and they're all sweethearts
High expectations for low pay
Manager (Current Employee) –  North York, ON4 July 2017
While the culture that Harvey's tries to build brings in some truly amazing people into the fold, it doesn't stop it from being an absolute grind of a job. As with any retail job you can expect to deal with inconsistent hours, little opportunities for advancement and often in our case less than ideal equipment. Never felt as if we had the most ideal number of staff at most given hours to be able to care for the restaurant the way I would have liked to see as a guest.

The people I worked with were some of the hardest working, genuine and stand up folks I've ever met. This seems consistent across the board from other locations I visit with personable and charming associates.
bad salary/benefits
Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rutherford, ON1 July 2017
didn't get payed on your first day. i worked 12 hours with shortened break. disappointed
doesn't get 1.5 times my regular salary on holiday shifts
no overwork extra payment (more than 40 hours of work)
Pros
50 percent off any menus
Cons
everything i have mentioned above
amazing
Customer Service / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2017
It was an amazing experience but there is always the ups and downs in a job. the job was that good but the managment was not as thought in the end of my terms
aimer l endroit de travail directement avec le publique
restaurations (Former Employee) –  Drummondville, QC27 June 2017
avantage de travailler dans le publiques et satisfaire la clienteles
Pros
le publique
Cons
aucun
Environnement de travail désagréable
Grill, friteuse, entretien ménager (Former Employee) –  Mont-royal, QC17 June 2017
Le patron traitait ses employés comme des incapables. Ce qui rendait l'atmosphère très désagréable.
Pros
Repas gratuit, employer tres gentils
Cons
Mauvais patron, mauvaisse gérence.
Friendly and Fun!!
Counter Server (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON14 June 2017
I loved working at Harvey's. The job its self was amazing, and super easy. I've always loved being able to work alongside people, especially such fun loving people. It was never a dull moment, and there was always something to do so you were never standing around waiting for something to happen! I'd recommend Harvey's to anyone!
understand people learned to cook properly
Cook (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON5 June 2017
a typical job at harveys was me running back and forth in almost every position. i usually offered to cook. i wanted to try many different things. i was usually on drive through or cash. what i learned was how to cook properly and learned how to prep meats and veggies properly.
Fun workplace
Crew Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 May 2017
Working at Harvey's is a great experience, people there are like family. all of us are very close and we share our experience our stories and we always satisfy our customers. Harvey's serves new items on the menu, we have many usual customers coming in and out of the store and they always leave with a smile. we deal with some of the customers who are rude but it keeps our day going. it's always a pleasure working there and it is the very fun workplace.
Pros
free meals
Cons
5 hours
Don't even think about working here
Front of House Associate (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ON22 May 2017
Management do not train staff, and if ever, minimally so. Customers and workers both get disgruntled, but management can't be bothered to properly train staff to even complete orders on time. Blame is shifted around a lot. Management tends to single out certain workers they don't like. Had customers pity me multiple times because of how berating supervisors are at this location. Often times you're out there wondering how to do things on your own. Would ignore working at this harvey's location. Being paid 11.50$ to be dehumanized is not worth it. However, they are reasonable with giving days off.
Pros
50% during break only, 20% outside of that
Cons
Horrible management, no training
Basic Fast food job
Grill Master (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 May 2017
Want mediocre management? Want no raises over three years? Want constant teenage drama? Well, Harvey's is your best bet for all that and more. It's a fast food job what more do you expect?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harvey's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9