Harvey's Employee Reviews

Fun team to be a part of
Prep/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONJanuary 17, 2016
Everyone is happy and polite, even when they get frustrated. When a mistake is made the team leaders know to constructively correct you, which I value very highly :) Very easy environment to adapt to and fun place to work!
A great work environment would work at a Harvey's again if sports don't get in the way.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ONJanuary 13, 2016
My review on Harvey's is simple, enjoyable. Everyday I had a shift I enjoyed walking into the kitchen and everybody say hi and just really nice co-workers and managers.
Pros
Free drinks, awesome co-workers and great managers.
Cons
no cons except if I had homework on a night I worked.
Harveys is a great workplace experience for workers to start in.
Crew Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  North York, ONJanuary 11, 2016
Harvey is a great experience for beginner workers, it is not a very hard workplace, depending on the steadiness of the day, it can get busy. Co-workers are great and always willing to help when needed, management is very generous and understanding. Hardest part of the job may be the grill, also depending on the rush.
The supervisors were nice. Not so much the manager.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 3, 2016
The manager persistently sexually harass me verbally and found a way of making it very uncomfortable for me to work there. The end result was me leaving the job.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Not steady with lunch schedule and breaks
Productive Workplace
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 15, 2015
Very Enjoyable and Fast Paced Workplace to learn and grow. Team environment is very friendly and the Management is really caring and understanding.
Pros
Cons
Short Hours
I worked there for a little bit and enjoyed it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONDecember 3, 2015
Over the two months of working at Harveys I did enjoy my time there, the job was easy to learn and if you were struggling with something their was always someone around to help.
It's fast food. enough said!
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ONNovember 9, 2015
Okay so a typical day I start at 8 so i come in and clean greasy fryers and filter all the crumbs and burnt fries/rings out, then I set up four garnish stations with all the burger toppings, put in the pop dispensers, fill ice bins, start a pot of coffee and hot water, get the grill station ready with all the grill chicken, burgers, hotdogs, bacon and cheese, put down all the chairs, make sure apple pies are ready and out in the warmers, get 5 buckets of sanitize water and cloths are out around the kitchen area and Tuesdays and Fridays help put away the deliveries, all before 10:30 if everything isn't done, the owners murmur about how slow i am behind my back or if they are angry enough later right behind me(has happened once or twice). Also most days cleaning tasks are added to that morning im already scrambling to get done, which only adds more to the "why are you behind?". the management knows I am a good cleaner and that i have a hard time saying no to cleaning and work so they abuse that and have me clean above a 250 degree chicken rotisserie while its going. As for co-workers its fast food so of course you have your 16 year old high-schoolers causing drama and being jerks to everyone, though I have a few of my old highschool friends there and I try my best to get along with everyone and just avoid the troublemakers. all in all not much enjoyable about this workplace but hey It's a job and I need money.
Pros
50% discount when working and 20% when not
Cons
Garnish burgers for customers, working fast during lunch hours
Cashier/Garnisher (Former Employee) –  6620 Finch Avenue W, Etobicoke, ONOctober 27, 2015
A typical day at Harvey's I would usually open and prepare my garnish station. It was my job to ensure the vegetables and condiments were freshly prepared for the customers. Every hour it was my job to check up on the lobby and make sure the tables and washrooms were clean.
fun, good food
Cashier, cleaner, garnishing (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONOctober 20, 2015
Harvey's wasn't as busy as some of the other places I have worked in the past. it was nice because you had time for prep work, and to clean around the front house. I liked everyone I worked with and everyone was helpful when it came to tasks at hand. I had to leave the job because I needed full time hours.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough hours.
a typical day at work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 18, 2015
Basically attending work , making sure every task is done . as for assisting customers. Cleaning , Using the cashier/ debit machines. Serving customers.
Fun and Educational Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ONOctober 13, 2015
Great job for a high school student as you learn many responsibilities such as cleaning, stocking, and cooking. Not the best job if planning to work many hours a week.
Pros
good environment
Cons
pays student rate
Learning environment with excellent team members
Cashier and food prep (Former Employee) –  ottawa, ontario, orleansSeptember 30, 2015
Food prep, cleaning ( tables, passing the broom and garbage)
I didn't like my hours (not enough) and the manager was hard on most people and i wasn't able to my online courses virtuels meeting because my shifts were finished at 8 pm. I had good relationship with my team member's.
Pros
aple pie
Cons
8 hrs
Fast past
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONSeptember 28, 2015
Harvey's is a wonderful first job experience, it teaches you the importance of customer satisfaction as well as the importance of working as a team.
Positive Atmosphere at Harveys
Cook (Former Employee) –  Goderich, ONSeptember 15, 2015
Working at Harveys was a positive job position to temporarily have in order to save money for school. I learnt several techniques in the advertising and preparation field in the restaurant field. The manager had a great influence on employees creating a positive attitude amongst co-workers. By learning chef and serving techniques i enjoyed learning about products and displaying them in a positive manner to customers.
Pros
Great Hours
Good Job for first timers
Crew-trainer, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 14, 2015
Its a good workplace for first timers to get some experience. But it seems that the more experience you get here the lesser your hours become.
Harvey's
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, OnAugust 6, 2015
I enjoyed working here and I loved my coworkers. Sadly I had to leave to attend school. The hours were consistent. Not so flexible. Opportunity for advancement. Very clean work environment.
Pros
Consistent hours
Cons
no benefits
Nice environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  CalgaryJuly 27, 2015
I my typical day was to serve customers at Harvey's and Second cup until the crew for the day came in, then I helped them with the lunch rush, depending on the day I made the schedule for the week, call in the food order for the week, record inventory and handled money for both sides. My coworkers were very nice and friendly I enjoyed learning how to multitask. The hardest part was working 120-140 every two weeks.
Pros
Learning how to multitask and meeting different people.
Cons
productive and fun workplace to work as a team
Cashier and Garnisher (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJuly 25, 2015
Its always hard to work in a fast pace environment but good thing is that you enjoy while doing it everyday. Working as a team is very important to work at this kinda place.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Busy environment
Typical Day
Garnisher (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ONJune 24, 2015
-Easy to catch on to new things
-Fast pace and keeps you busy
-Learning good cleaning skills
-Having communication with the customers
Pros
50% off food when on shift
Cons
Constant standing
Harvey's is a wonderful place to work
Closed the Restaurant as the chef (Current Employee) –  Kitchener OntarioMay 31, 2015
it was my first job my family member owns half the business so i was hired and been working there since 2012. iv learned everything in just a matter of weeks as i learned quickly and with determination. i quickly was thought how to do cash and then worked the kitchen for a year closing the store as i would work 5-10 every night doing alot of hard working preparing the store for the day after.
Pros
flexible hours, good crew
Cons
when the store is slow the shift drags on to cleaning