Harvey's Restaurant Employee Reviews

Harvey's Oshawa
Cashier, Garnish & Dining (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON27 November 2017
Learned a lot about fast food. I performed cash, garnishing and drive-thru duties. Can be hectic at times

I enjoyed my job. Would have liked more hours.

Co-workers were great!
Pros
Co-workers
Positive Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON16 November 2017
The job was fun, helping customers was always satisfying, and there was a big focus on being able to work efficiently and effectively as a team with coworkers, which was great to build skills. Work was generally pretty steady and not too chaotic. The team was always my favourite part of the job.
Some good days some bad days
Garnish/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS1 November 2017
My Experience at that job varied alot, ranging from ok days to awful days.

It was not the best experience i've had and was not a job that was worth the pay.
Loved it
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON15 October 2017
It was a busy, fast paced environment but it was always fun. I worked front counter and loved interacting with guests and building relationships with return customers.
Working at Harvey's
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB10 October 2017
Working at Harvey's for a year and a half has taught me to be my own leader. It also has taught me to never be afraid to ask questions in regards to the job.
Excellent
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 October 2017
As an assistant supervisor, I looked after the store, bookkeeping responsibilities, and staff responsibilities with scheduling.
If the alarm went off, I would attend to it right away even on my off shifts/off days.
Productive and fun place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON27 September 2017
Very nice work environment. Very nice staff. Hours a bit long but the income is definitely worth it . Great customers as well. It was a pleasure working there
Pros
Free lunches
shift supervisor
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 September 2017
Working for Harvey's I was able to learn and grow and examine my potential to do so. I enjoyed not only the job but the camarderie of the team. There was a variety of tasks and skills that I learned that still provide beneficial.
Pros
they were able to accomadate my limited availability
Cons
near the end of my time there was an alcoholic manager that was difficult to work for, they wer changing the store hours that would no longer be compatile with my availability.
Good first job!
Cashier/Garnisher (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 September 2017
A typical day includes taking cash, garnishing orders to meet customers needs, doing prep, and keeping the restaurant clean. I learned a lot about customer service and pleasing the customer! Unfortunately, the management is unfair and not very useful. However, despite that it is a good place to start off at and gain some experience! The majority of the people I work with are cooperative and very nice. Overall, I enjoyed my time at Harvey's, but am now looking for more of a challenge.
Pros
Discounted meals on lunch break
Great place to work.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON3 September 2017
The managers are great to work for. Staff is all great. Clean place and fast paste. Always something to do so never bord which I love. Learning new thing and meeting new people is fun and great
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Some rude customers
Fun workplace
Restaurant Supervisor (Multiple Shifts) (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON29 August 2017
I enjoy working for Harveys..but after nine years and being 31..I am looking for something new.But besides that I enjoy the people I work with and my general manager is a super nice guy!
Pros
Free meals work with my child care
Fermeture du restaurant
Caisse , grill , friteuse et garniture (Former Employee) –  Boucherville31 July 2017
Le restaurant Harvey's a fermer ces porte en janvier dernier. Ce n'étais pas mon emplois de rêve mais on s'y sentais bien. Chaques membres de l'équipe était comme de la famille.
Pros
50% de rabais sur la nourriture
Cons
Courte pause, aucun avantage sociaux, horraire qui change toujours
Alright
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON27 July 2017
Not the best work environment, owner not nice, manager breaks rules for daughter, very unprofessional, not proper food storage, very unsanitary, fryers not run properly, etc.
A good work experience to have obtained
Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON25 July 2017
I liked Harvey's because it was a good working experience in the fast food industry and because I got to meet new people. Although I liked Harvey's at first I feel that i should move and look for a new job opportunity.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Uncomfortable working conditions
Easy training
Fast Food Cook (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 July 2017
Pretty easier to learn everything around the workplace and the managers and coworkers were pleasant to work with. Would recommend as a first job to get some experience.
Pros
Discounts
good company to work for
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 July 2017
great place to work at fun and exciting busy all the time never boring customer are great love the enviroment the best part of the job is the customers they make me laugh
Very good working environment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, AB18 July 2017
Going to work doesn't feel like it's a job because the people are very friendly and welcoming. I have learned many work related things that I could use in my next job. The hardest part probably would be not getting enough hours especially during winter and busy days with not enough workers in a shift. Most enjoyable part of the job was our company have annual bbq's or christmas parties for the staff in which we really get along.
Pros
Co-worrkers are like family and our bosses are very hands-on
Cons
Not enough hours especially during winter
nope.
Drive Thru Cashier (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON14 July 2017
Very stressful. If your not fast enough your not good enough. Staff is very nasty to each other. Lots of back stabbing. Not a good place to work unless you like drama. Managers play favortisims.
Pros
none.
Cons
no respect, nasty people. managers useless
decent
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON11 July 2017
decent work environment management kinda sucked work was easy and 50% off food while working everyone avoided their job and did bare minimum made life for the people that kinda cared hard
Hardworking, and friendly
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2017
Working hard and teamwork making pref and clenliness serving food to the customer. Always smile to the customer and upsell food and pull it ups drinks
Pros
No lunch break
Cons
Partime