Harvey's Restaurant Employee Reviews

Loved it
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON15 October 2017
It was a busy, fast paced environment but it was always fun. I worked front counter and loved interacting with guests and building relationships with return customers.
Excellent
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 October 2017
As an assistant supervisor, I looked after the store, bookkeeping responsibilities, and staff responsibilities with scheduling.
If the alarm went off, I would attend to it right away even on my off shifts/off days.
Productive and fun place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON27 September 2017
Very nice work environment. Very nice staff. Hours a bit long but the income is definitely worth it . Great customers as well. It was a pleasure working there
Pros
Free lunches
shift supervisor
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 September 2017
Working for Harvey's I was able to learn and grow and examine my potential to do so. I enjoyed not only the job but the camarderie of the team. There was a variety of tasks and skills that I learned that still provide beneficial.
Pros
they were able to accomadate my limited availability
Cons
near the end of my time there was an alcoholic manager that was difficult to work for, they wer changing the store hours that would no longer be compatile with my availability.
Good first job!
Cashier/Garnisher (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 September 2017
A typical day includes taking cash, garnishing orders to meet customers needs, doing prep, and keeping the restaurant clean. I learned a lot about customer service and pleasing the customer! Unfortunately, the management is unfair and not very useful. However, despite that it is a good place to start off at and gain some experience! The majority of the people I work with are cooperative and very nice. Overall, I enjoyed my time at Harvey's, but am now looking for more of a challenge.
Pros
Discounted meals on lunch break
Great place to work.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON3 September 2017
The managers are great to work for. Staff is all great. Clean place and fast paste. Always something to do so never bord which I love. Learning new thing and meeting new people is fun and great
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Some rude customers
Fermeture du restaurant
Caisse , grill , friteuse et garniture (Former Employee) –  Boucherville31 July 2017
Le restaurant Harvey's a fermer ces porte en janvier dernier. Ce n'étais pas mon emplois de rêve mais on s'y sentais bien. Chaques membres de l'équipe était comme de la famille.
Pros
50% de rabais sur la nourriture
Cons
Courte pause, aucun avantage sociaux, horraire qui change toujours
Alright
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON27 July 2017
Not the best work environment, owner not nice, manager breaks rules for daughter, very unprofessional, not proper food storage, very unsanitary, fryers not run properly, etc.
A good work experience to have obtained
Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON25 July 2017
I liked Harvey's because it was a good working experience in the fast food industry and because I got to meet new people. Although I liked Harvey's at first I feel that i should move and look for a new job opportunity.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Uncomfortable working conditions
Easy training
Fast Food Cook (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 July 2017
Pretty easier to learn everything around the workplace and the managers and coworkers were pleasant to work with. Would recommend as a first job to get some experience.
Pros
Discounts
good company to work for
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 July 2017
great place to work at fun and exciting busy all the time never boring customer are great love the enviroment the best part of the job is the customers they make me laugh
Very good working environment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, AB18 July 2017
Going to work doesn't feel like it's a job because the people are very friendly and welcoming. I have learned many work related things that I could use in my next job. The hardest part probably would be not getting enough hours especially during winter and busy days with not enough workers in a shift. Most enjoyable part of the job was our company have annual bbq's or christmas parties for the staff in which we really get along.
Pros
Co-worrkers are like family and our bosses are very hands-on
Cons
Not enough hours especially during winter
nope.
Drive Thru Cashier (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON14 July 2017
Very stressful. If your not fast enough your not good enough. Staff is very nasty to each other. Lots of back stabbing. Not a good place to work unless you like drama. Managers play favortisims.
Pros
none.
Cons
no respect, nasty people. managers useless
decent
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON11 July 2017
decent work environment management kinda sucked work was easy and 50% off food while working everyone avoided their job and did bare minimum made life for the people that kinda cared hard
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON23 June 2017
Worked there over 3 years and loved it! Miss all the people that I used to work with the owner was amazing and very nice great place to work 10/10 would recommend
Pros
Free food on shift
Cons
Can work overtime
Ehn
Assistant Manager/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 June 2017
Ehn.

Fast-pace environment, work day goes by quickly.
Nothing worth learning. Food Handling and other skills learned outside of work. Training modules are a bore.
Management loves to cry about the work load, why are you working then?
Racist and sexist remarks galore, ignorance and complacent attitudes.
Hardest part of the job is the management/managers.
Signing out and going home. Bye.
Pros
Clocking out and going home.
Cons
The pay cheque.
Environnement de travaille agréable
Cook/Cashier/ (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 June 2017
J'ai appris a faire la caisse et a faire la cuisine. C'est un endroit relax et propres.Les employés et le gérant étais très gentille. La chaleur dans la cuisine étais un des seul points négatif dans ce travaille.
Harvey's
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Keswick, ON8 June 2017
I enjoy working at Harvey's but i do have to say that they give extremely minimal hours and it is only good to work their if you are looking for 5-9 hours a week.
Pros
discount on certain meals
Cons
minimal hours
Productive and rewarding work with peers and customers alike
COOK, SERVER, CASHIER (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 May 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed being able to serve customers high quality food specified exactly to their liking. Great relationships were made both with coworkers and customers. Incredible job to have throughout my high school experience.
Pros
Discounts at store and others owned by the same company (CARA)
Cons
Late nights if you are in school
Free foood
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB18 May 2017
THIS WOULD BE AN EXCELLENT beginning place for a student. I loved working there because of the people and the free food. I recommend anyone beginning in the food industry start there i think they are currently hiring.
Pros
free food, great hours and benefits