Harvey's Restaurant Employee Reviews

Amazing place to discover your personal skills
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 January 2016
A typical day at Harvey's start with making sure that the place is nice and clean also making sure that we have everything to complete our tasks. It is a busy place so we always get ready for line ups. I have learned why it is important to be an image of your company because it can affect your job. I also learn how to communicate with any kind of customer and solve problems. The hardest part of the job from my point of vieuw is reassuring a dissatisfied customer that he or she can trust us again and the most enjoyable part of the job is to see a customer leaving the place with so much appreciation about the service and the food. My co-workers are very supportive it also make feel comfortable to work as a team
Pros
raise after 6 months
Cons
Overall
Garnisher, Cashier, Grill (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 January 2017
They are still kind to me although my time has come to an end. The hours were great. The management were rude. But other staff was very nice. Overall good first job.
Pros
Flexible with hours
Cons
Staff
Productive but in shambles
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON30 November 2016
makeshift with equipment subpar management and trash employees they suck bad vibes individuals must be self taught and it is not easy to get along
Not productive and very stressful environment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 April 2016
The job wasn't a very good job. Very Stressful, bad environment, and horrible management, the best part about the job was closing and being able to leave. The worst part was when it got busy and the management expected you to do everything by yourself at once. The co-workers weren't very reliable, it was a very sloppy job. Not one of the best places to work.
Pros
60% off on food while working
Cons
Long hours (7-9 hour shifts)
Interesting place to work
Cashier, Garnisher, Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 December 2016
Great food, great people great learning experience. Many food options to satisfy all customers. Limited time food specials are always going whether its a new type of burger or 2 for 1 on burgers.
Productive and Hands on
cashier, food preparation (Current Employee) –  222 hunt club rd17 October 2016
The job is very tedious. There is a demand for great customer service and a good attitude. It is important to be able stay on task and find different jobs to do during your shift so you aren't standing around.

It helped with developing productivity and initiative.
Terrific workplace with unrealistic HR expectations
Cashier/Garnisher (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON28 June 2016
My team at work is often terrific and I work with some of the most earnest and hard working employees I've ever met. However work hour cuts leading to under staffing and forcing employees (including myself) to work stressful/unpaid hours has made the job taxing and unenjoyable. While we aren't being told to work unpaid hours, it has become an expectation of us. Being told to come off of my legally sanctioned break time only part way through it to come back to work has been my last straw.
Pros
Great, friendly staff
Cons
Unreasonable expectations
kind coworkers and manager, fast paced and harsh authority
garnisher (Former Employee) –  Lasalle, QC18 June 2016
-good hours
-kind coworkers
-mostly kind customers
-kind management
-abusive boss
-high pressure and stress inducing orders from boss
-underwhelming discounts on food
-cleaning, garnishing, cashier
-hard to move up and get role as cashier
-new staff very common
Pros
good work hours (20+, gives days off)
Cons
abuse from boss when he is stressed
fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Newmarket1 November 2016
I enjoyed working with my colleagues to serve the community and customers our the restaurant. There was opportunities to promote from within.
Poor Management
Cashier/Garnisher (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 April 2016
A typical day is rushing to get food preparation done before the morning rush, taking orders on cash and up selling items to costumers, garnishing burgers and cleaning bathrooms and dinning room. Management is obsessed with being the best and making customers happy, this can come at the expenses of the employees. Management wants things done quickly and without any mistakes ever. They are not afraid of correcting you in front of costumers. Overall I would NOT recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
Half price meals on the days you work and 20% the days you don't.
Cons
On call, management, some customers
great work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 July 2016
this was my first job and by far best. this workplace taught many fundamental work and life skills that will help me in my future. great management team.
Pros
free food
Cons
busy restaurant
productive environment with hardworking stuff
Cashier (Current Employee) –  ottawa ontario10 April 2016
By working at Harvey's,I have learnt to be focused in a fast paced environment,to work with minimal supervision yet producing outstanding results.I have learnt effective cooperative ways from my co-workers and how to interact well with customers,how to listen even to rude customers and make smile to them regardless of their own mistakes.I have learnt to be patient and understanding,I have in general learnt excellent customer service from my manager,supervisors as well as my co-workers.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
super busy environment
fast paced
Fast food attendant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 June 2016
typical day at work was giving customer service and performing tasks in a team enviorment. The managment was easy to get along with but not all was properly trained
Fun workplace
Cashier, Food preparation (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, ON24 September 2015
Harvey's restaurant was my first employment. It was a very big growing experience for myself as a person and for my career. It was the beginning of grade ten and I was a very shy girl. During my day on the job, I would have the opportunity to interact with costumers and develop good communication skills with my colleagues as orders are being made. This company has helped shape me into a hard worker and more outgoing/ confident individual. The management and my co-workers all made a wonderful impression on me, giving me a great first taste in the work industry.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not given enough hours
Clueless
Sales associate/key-holder (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 March 2016
Managers change every couples months. None of them have any idea what they are doing. The owners are clueless and only get involved when they lose money. Great employees but poor management.
Pros
50% off food when working
Cons
management
I wouldnt work there again
Food Service Worker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON26 April 2016
At the time I worked there it was very stressful. There wore people that would no help you and you had to do all of the front stations yourself. hardest part was dealing with harassment from a higher up.
Pros
food
Cons
work load
It is am okay work place
Grill cook (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON18 February 2016
This job is not the best job. The other workers and management are very good at working but are not always nice to eachother.
Boring
Cashier/ Burger Garnisher (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON28 March 2016
• Prepared salads and garnish stations
• Performed opening and closing routines
• Operated computerized cash system
• Worked front cash and drive through
Pros
Its a job
Cons
l
nice workplace
Cashier, cook and garnisher (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 March 2016
It was a very good experience to work there because it will serve as good experience for other future jobs.

It was also a very fun and the other employees were great
Easy to work at and repetitive motions
Cashier/Customer Service/Cleaning/Prep (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB12 August 2015
Take and prepare orders and do general tiding and cleaning.
Provide a professional and sincere response when taking orders.

The management was fairly good, they provided adequate feed back.
Coworkers always had positive atmospheres about them.

The hardest part of this job is that it requires a lot of professional manners when talking to an unhappy customer and you are on your feet all day.

The most enjoyable part of this job is making friends through your
co workers and gaining new skills.
Pros
had a meal program
Cons
Hot working conditions

2.7