Harvey's Restaurant Employee Reviews in Canada

I wouldnt work there again
Food Service Worker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONApril 26, 2016
At the time I worked there it was very stressful. There wore people that would no help you and you had to do all of the front stations yourself. hardest part was dealing with harassment from a higher up.
Pros
food
Cons
work load
Poor Management
Cashier/Garnisher (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 17, 2016
A typical day is rushing to get food preparation done before the morning rush, taking orders on cash and up selling items to costumers, garnishing burgers and cleaning bathrooms and dinning room. Management is obsessed with being the best and making customers happy, this can come at the expenses of the employees. Management wants things done quickly and without any mistakes ever. They are not afraid of correcting you in front of costumers. Overall I would NOT recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
Half price meals on the days you work and 20% the days you don't.
Cons
On call, management, some customers
productive environment with hardworking stuff
Cashier (Current Employee) –  ottawa ontarioApril 10, 2016
By working at Harvey's,I have learnt to be focused in a fast paced environment,to work with minimal supervision yet producing outstanding results.I have learnt effective cooperative ways from my co-workers and how to interact well with customers,how to listen even to rude customers and make smile to them regardless of their own mistakes.I have learnt to be patient and understanding,I have in general learnt excellent customer service from my manager,supervisors as well as my co-workers.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
super busy environment
Clueless
Sales associate/key-holder (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 29, 2016
Managers change every couples months. None of them have any idea what they are doing. The owners are clueless and only get involved when they lose money. Great employees but poor management.
Pros
50% off food when working
Cons
management
Boring
Cashier/ Burger Garnisher (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONMarch 28, 2016
• Prepared salads and garnish stations
• Performed opening and closing routines
• Operated computerized cash system
• Worked front cash and drive through
Pros
Its a job
Cons
l
Cook (Former Employee) –  Port Hope, ONMarch 21, 2016
typical day was the same day in and out. go in prep your station. cook burgers . clean dishes. clean work area before you go home.
nice workplace
Cashier, cook and garnisher (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 16, 2016
It was a very good experience to work there because it will serve as good experience for other future jobs.

It was also a very fun and the other employees were great
It is am okay work place
Grill cook (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONFebruary 18, 2016
This job is not the best job. The other workers and management are very good at working but are not always nice to eachother.
some of my co workers
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chestermere, ABFebruary 1, 2016
I enjoyed working there but it was to far out for me to get home because there wasn't any bus out there and there still isn't yet.
Pros
making different burgers
Cons
no bus to it
Very good job with a friendly work force
Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 30, 2016
This job is a very good one with friendly employees, the only downside was that it had new to the business managers and they ended up over hiring and therefore letting go of a lot of people in a short time
Amazing place to discover your personal skills
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 2, 2016
A typical day at Harvey's start with making sure that the place is nice and clean also making sure that we have everything to complete our tasks. It is a busy place so we always get ready for line ups. I have learned why it is important to be an image of your company because it can affect your job. I also learn how to communicate with any kind of customer and solve problems. The hardest part of the job from my point of vieuw is reassuring a dissatisfied customer that he or she can trust us again and the most enjoyable part of the job is to see a customer leaving the place with so much appreciation about the service and the food. My co-workers are very supportive it also make feel comfortable to work as a team
Pros
raise after 6 months
good place to work
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONNovember 25, 2015
this is a great place to work at. can be stressful at times but i would recommend it. great atmosphere and great customers
Fun work place
server (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ONNovember 24, 2015
Fun, fast paced workplace, perfect for students. Customers are nice and friendly, hours are long and tiring, but its one big happy family (depending on your store).
Pros
people you work with
Cons
A fun workplace with some good benifits
Closing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 1, 2015
Healthy Environment. Staff is really fun to work with and management team is very supportive, Got to learn so much from food quality to customer dealings.
Pros
Paid Meals
This could have been a wonderful place to work
Team member (Former Employee) –  Fergys, ONOctober 19, 2015
A typical day was making food, taking customers orders, cleaning. and laughing and joking with other staff members. I didn't learn much, my training was a joke. Every Management team has it's flaws. The hardest part of the job was angry customers and coworkers. The best part was every day was different- you never knew what each day might bring,
Fun workplace
Cashier, Food preparation (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, ONSeptember 24, 2015
Harvey's restaurant was my first employment. It was a very big growing experience for myself as a person and for my career. It was the beginning of grade ten and I was a very shy girl. During my day on the job, I would have the opportunity to interact with costumers and develop good communication skills with my colleagues as orders are being made. This company has helped shape me into a hard worker and more outgoing/ confident individual. The management and my co-workers all made a wonderful impression on me, giving me a great first taste in the work industry.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not given enough hours
THe workers always get into arguments
(P/T) Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 21, 2015
Everybody is always fighting for more hours and those who a lot of hours are liked by the owner. I've always worked hard but I still wouldn't get hours. I never got my yearly increase
Fun workplace, with great co-workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hanover, ONSeptember 13, 2015
Co-workers are great team players and create a very welcoming environment. Management is always available to attend to any concerns you may have, and will answer any questions about the job, to make sure you are properly trained and comfortable in what you're doing.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Hours shift from week to week
Easy to work at and repetitive motions
Cashier/Customer Service/Cleaning/Prep (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBAugust 12, 2015
Take and prepare orders and do general tiding and cleaning.
Provide a professional and sincere response when taking orders.

The management was fairly good, they provided adequate feed back.
Coworkers always had positive atmospheres about them.

The hardest part of this job is that it requires a lot of professional manners when talking to an unhappy customer and you are on your feet all day.

The most enjoyable part of this job is making friends through your
co workers and gaining new skills.
Pros
had a meal program
Cons
Hot working conditions
Productive and fun-filled experience
Cashier/ Front Line Garnisher (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONAugust 11, 2015
The work is fast-paced and can be stressful at times. Every staff master their assigned responsibilities and beyond. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Friendly relationships with co-workers and customers are easy to build.
Pros
Discounts