Harvey's Restaurant Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very good job with a friendly work force
Fry Cook (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 30, 2016
This job is a very good one with friendly employees, the only downside was that it had new to the business managers and they ended up over hiring and therefore letting go of a lot of people in a short time
Amazing place to discover your personal skills
CASHIER (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 2, 2016
Pros: raise after 6 months
Cons: long hours
A typical day at Harvey's start with making sure that the place is nice and clean also making sure that we have everything to complete our tasks. It is a busy place so we always get ready for line ups. I have learned why it is important to be an image of your company because it can affect your job. I also learn how to communicate with any kind of customer and solve problems. The hardest part of the job from my point of vieuw is reassuring a dissatisfied customer that he or she can trust us again and the most enjoyable part of the job is to see a customer leaving the place with so much appreciation about the service and the food. My co-workers are very supportive it also make feel comfortable to work as a team
good place to work
General Manager (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONNovember 25, 2015
this is a great place to work at. can be stressful at times but i would recommend it. great atmosphere and great customers
Fun work place
server (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONNovember 24, 2015
Pros: people you work with
Cons: long hours
Fun, fast paced workplace, perfect for students. Customers are nice and friendly, hours are long and tiring, but its one big happy family (depending on your store).
A fun workplace with some good benifits
Closing Supervisor (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 1, 2015
Pros: Paid Meals
Healthy Environment. Staff is really fun to work with and management team is very supportive, Got to learn so much from food quality to customer dealings.
This could have been a wonderful place to work
Team member (Former Employee), Fergys, ONOctober 19, 2015
A typical day was making food, taking customers orders, cleaning. and laughing and joking with other staff members. I didn't learn much, my training was a joke. Every Management team has it's flaws. The hardest part of the job was angry customers and coworkers. The best part was every day was different- you never knew what each day might bring,
Fun workplace
Cashier, Food preparation (Former Employee), Cookstown, ONSeptember 24, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: Not given enough hours
Harvey's restaurant was my first employment. It was a very big growing experience for myself as a person and for my career. It was the beginning of grade ten and I was a very shy girl. During my day on the job, I would have the opportunity to interact with costumers and develop good communication skills with my colleagues as orders are being made. This company has helped shape me into a hard worker and more outgoing/ confident individual. The management and my co-workers all made a wonderful impression on me, giving me a great first taste in the work industry.
THe workers always get into arguments
(P/T) Crew Member (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 21, 2015
Everybody is always fighting for more hours and those who a lot of hours are liked by the owner. I've always worked hard but I still wouldn't get hours. I never got my yearly increase
Fun workplace, with great co-workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Hanover, ONSeptember 13, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Hours shift from week to week
Co-workers are great team players and create a very welcoming environment. Management is always available to attend to any concerns you may have, and will answer any questions about the job, to make sure you are properly trained and comfortable in what you're doing.
Easy to work at and repetitive motions
Cashier/Customer Service/Cleaning/Prep (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBAugust 12, 2015
Pros: had a meal program
Cons: Hot working conditions
Take and prepare orders and do general tiding and cleaning.
Provide a professional and sincere response when taking orders.

The management was fairly good, they provided adequate feed back.
Coworkers always had positive atmospheres about them.

The hardest part of this job is that it requires a lot of professional manners when talking to an unhappy customer and you are on your feet all day.

The most enjoyable part of this job is making friends through your
co workers and gaining new skills.
Productive and fun-filled experience
Cashier/ Front Line Garnisher (Former Employee), Milton, ONAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Discounts
The work is fast-paced and can be stressful at times. Every staff master their assigned responsibilities and beyond. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Friendly relationships with co-workers and customers are easy to build.
A job that test skills in communication and conflict resolution.
Supervisor (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONJune 27, 2015
Pros: Free lunches and food.
Cons: Many responsibilities and sometimes de-escalation of confrontations.
A workplace that combines multi-tasking and people skills while trying to maintain a quick service time. As a management member, a lot of responsibilities were delegated to me, but the experience and valuable skills made it worth it.
Friendly work environment
Cashier/Garnisher (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 20, 2015
Pros: Seeing satisfied customers
Cons: lack of shifts
In a typical I have to replace bags and throw out all garbage from the morning rush. I also take drive through orders, as well as front of house orders. Lastly i also restock and run the garnish station.
Productive and fun in a customer service based environment
Cashier/Food Prep (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 10, 2015
we set up stations to garnish burgers and hot dogs. fill up cups in proper section as well as napkins and ketchup pumps.
Customers come in and we take orders and serve customers,
prepare orders.
I work here.
Garnisher (Current Employee), Aurora, ONJune 9, 2015
If you can work anywhere else, do so. It is a hostile work environment. I am not willing to say any more about this. Please hire me; I would be forever grateful to any company that made it possible for me to turn in my notice.
Productive and fun workplace to work at
Cashier (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONMarch 10, 2015
Pros: the regulars, co-workers
Cons: mean customers sometimes and the rushes
A typical day at work would be once I got to work, put my things away and then started doing prep work, then I would get the front ready. Then it was time to open and I would continue to get prep ready if I was not done until we get a customer. Once lunch hit, I was out serving the customers because it would get pretty busy. After lunch I would head on lunch, when I came back I would start stocking things up as well as serving customers when they came in.
I learnt how to count a till and how to open.
The management was very nice and supportive and great people to work with.
My co-workers were very nice as well. we would hang out outside of work sometimes.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with some customers sometimes because they could get pretty rude with you sometimes.
The most enjoyable part of the day was the regulars that would come in. They made you feel so welcomed and made you enjoy your job.
fun envoirment to work, great staff
Line cook (Current Employee), ajax, onJanuary 21, 2015
i had a lot of fun working with the staff at harvey's. Great sense of customer service. Hardest part of the job is when the lunch and dinner rush come because you have to be fast and ready when the customers come to order their food. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the other teammates
Team Work
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 14, 2015
Enjoyed alot while learning and servicing.
Team work was fun.
Helping colleagues was very satisfactory.
Customers complaints were sometimes hard to handle.
Enjoyable place to work at.
Cashier/Garnish (Current Employee), Belleville, ONDecember 26, 2014
Working together as a team to provide fast and courteous service to Customers.
Very friendly atmosphere and great food
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Saint John, NBNovember 11, 2014
When I worked at Harvey's, a typical day included cooking, cleaning, stocking, handling cash, and delivering great customer service. As a night shift supervisor, my duties included supervising employees, expediting, cleaning, closing the store, and balancing the cash tills.