Harvest Operations Corp. (Harvest) is a wholly-owned, subsidiary of Korea National Oil Corporation (KNOC). Harvest is a significant operator in Canada’s energy industry offering exposure to exploration, development and production of crude oil and natural gas (Upstream), an oil sands project under construction and development in northern Alberta (BlackGold) and refining and marketing of distillate, gasoline and fuel oil (Downstream) operations.
The BlackGold oil sands project is located approximately 10 km southeast of Conklin, Alberta. BlackGold will utilize SAGD as a proven production technology that uses horizontal drilling and thermal stimulation to maximize energy efficiency and minimize land disturbance.
The Operations Specialists – Steam/Water/Utilities (2 positions) will assist the Foreman – Steam/Water/Utilities (S/W/U) to develop and maintain operating specifications, standards, procedures and training material to be used by the S/W/U team. The Operations Specialists will be involved with the commissioning, start-up and ongoing operation of BlackGold’s SAGD project. These positions are accountable for the management and optimization of all technical and operational aspects of the evaporator water treatment, steam generation and utilities operations. Operations Specialists will work closely with other operating staff to ensure that all site equipment is operated and maintained safely, efficiently and in compliance with all applicable legislation.
These are full time employment positions working 10 hours per day, 8 days on and 6 days off. The successful candidates will reside in a full facility camp. Transportation is provided to site from various departure points utilizing a charter air service.
- Assume the responsibilities of the Chief Power Engineer as required
- Provide guidance and consistency to the full life cycle of equipment, including selection, commissioning and start up, operations, turnaround and maintenance activities
- Ensure that the steam/water/utilities team’s equipment and processes are optimized to maximize equipment capacities and minimize operating costs
- Monitor plant and equipment performance, chemical use and energy optimization to identify opportunities for improvement
- Assist in new project design, equipment selection, spare parts requirements and construction inspections for both capital projects and operational process optimization
- Participate in team troubleshooting of equipment and processes
- Identify reliability issues and inefficiencies and provide recommendations for improvement
- Assist with failure analysis, identify required upgrades and develop plans for implementation
- Develop procedures, standards and specifications pertaining to operations
- Work with planners and maintenance team to plan and schedule routine repairs, predictive maintenance, equipment enhancements and turnarounds based on production/steam forecasts and capital projects
- Expedite emergency high value / priority repairs when required
- Provide operational experience to the BlackGold project design, construction and commissioning / start-up teams
- Required to maintain all required safety certification and regulatory courses
- Second Class Power Engineering Certification or ability to obtain certification by May 2014
- Preference will be made to candidates that hold any portion of their First Class
- Graduate from a Power Engineering or Chemical Processing Technology Diploma program is a definite asset
- Minimum 10 years operations experience
- Experience as a Unit or a Control Room Operator in a SAGD operation is an asset
- Must have a strong understanding of evaporators, crystallizers and packaged water-tube boilers
- Familiar with facility drawings and specifications
- CSU experience is a definite asset
- Team player with strong leadership, mentorship and communication skills
- Committed to best practices in health, safety and environmental management
- Ethical business conduct and community responsibility
- Self –motivated, open-minded and results oriented
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Competitive Base Salary
- Savings Plan
- Short and Long Term Incentives
- Health Benefits
- Travel Allowance
- Camp Allowance
- Company Sponsored Fly-in/Fly-out Program
- Apartment Style Camp Accommodations
- Work schedule that supports work-life balance
Please visit Harvest’s website at www.harvestenergy.ca to learn more about our company. Please forward your resume and cover letter to:
Harvest Operations Corp.
2100, 330 – 5th Ave SW
Calgary, AB T2P 0L4
We sincerely thank those who apply, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.