Harvest Operations Corp. (Harvest) is a wholly-owned, subsidiary of Korea National Oil Corporation (KNOC). Harvest is a significant operator in Canada’s energy industry offering exposure to exploration, development and production of crude oil and natural gas (Upstream), an oil sands project under construction and development in northern Alberta (BlackGold) and refining and marketing of distillate, gasoline and fuel oil (Downstream) operations.
The BlackGold oil sands project is located approximately 10 km southeast of Conklin, Alberta. BlackGold will utilize SAGD as a proven production technology that uses horizontal drilling and thermal stimulation to maximize energy efficiency and minimize land disturbance.
The Foreman – Steam/Water/ Utilities (Chief Power Engineer) will assist the BlackGold Superintendent to develop operating policies and procedures to be implemented at site, support the recruitment and selection of the site based operations team and support the construction team during site construction of the project. The Chief Power Engineer is accountable for the management of all aspects of the water treatment, steam and utilities operations. This position works closely with the operating staff to ensure that all site equipment is operated and maintained safely, efficiently and in compliance with all applicable legislation.
This is a full time employment position working a Monday to Thursday work schedule (4 days on, 3 days off) 9.5 hours per day. The successful candidate will reside in a full facility camp. Transportation is provided to site from various departure points via a charter air service.
- Ensure all fired and pressure equipment complies with current engineering standards and ABSA legislation
- Work closely with engineering to manage the site owner user program and the asset integrity management system
- Provide input to management of change and development projects to optimize production
- Validate compliance with ABSA, AER, OH&S and ESRD directives
- Manage the site car-seal program
- Offer input for budget forecasting and control
- Create and present employee performance reviews and staff development
- Contribute to the development of and continuous improvement of the site training system
- Extend input into the design, construction and implementation of future projects, including development of a strategy for training and employing power engineering resources for Harvest’s future projects
- Maintain all required safety certifications and regulatory courses
- First Class Power Engineers Certification, or ability to obtain certification by January 1, 2014
- Graduate of Power Engineering Technology Diploma Program is an asset
- Minimum 10 years operations experience
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience
- Experience as a Chief Steam Engineer in a SAGD operation is an asset
- Must have a strong understanding of evaporators, crystallizers and packaged water-tube boilers
- Must be familiar with thermal heavy oil or SAGD production, emulsion processing and de-oiling operations
- Familiar with facility drawings and specifications
- CSU experience is a definite asset
- Team player with strong leadership, mentorship and communication skills
- Committed to best practices in health, safety and environmental management
- Ethical business conduct and community responsibility
- Self –motivated, open-minded and results oriented
- Well versed in Microsoft Office applications
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Competitive Base Salary
- Savings Plan
- Short and Long Term Incentives
- Health Benefits
- Travel Allowance
- Camp Allowance
- Company Sponsored Fly-in/Fly-out Program
- Apartment Style Camp Accommodations
- Work schedule that supports work-life balance
Please visit Harvest’s website at www.harvestenergy.ca to learn more about our company. Please forward your resume and cover letter to:
Harvest Operations Corp.
2100, 330 – 5th Ave SW
Please apply directly in Harvest's website below:
We sincerely thank those who apply, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.