Harsco Corporation Employee Reviews

Good work environment and opportunities to grow
Oracle Functional Consultant (Former Employee) –  hyderbad, Telangana1 September 2017
Good Travel Opportunities and opportunity to move to cross functionalities . Good incentives and perks. Good structure of basic pay and salary structure as well.
Won't go there
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Jersey27 August 2017
once all these tasks are completed, I make sure I have completed all necessary communication for the week via email and in person, and create a list of priorities for next week.
Great place to work!
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK18 August 2017
Management is very aware you have a family and strive to accommodate when possible. Very low key place to work. When gas prices soared they were forced to lay off. Nobody could see it coming.
Pros
Great management style
Cons
Gas prices affect employment
IT - excellent place to work
iSeries System Engineer (V5R4/V6R1V7R1) (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PA19 June 2017
Flexible working schedule during holiday and bad weather. Great team work and support during busy season. Manager was supportive and understanding. Great people to work with.
Great benefits. Very dedicated and hard working employees.
Pros
company picnics, cafeteria, team outings, co-workers
Cons
not enough work :)
Good place to work for Engineering freshers.
Global Mobility Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh7 April 2017
Best place to start for freshers. Good learning opportunities. Provides decent pay packages as per industry. There aren't much Job opportunities for MBA's here.
Mutinationa corporation expanding in the metal industry
Vice President, International Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJ4 April 2017
When employed by Harsco Y ran 2 of their 4 operation in Mexico. The comapny is publicicly trade in New York. At that time had over 300 companies in over 18 countires, The mexican operation was one of theri flagship operations: it was always profitable and to today market leader.
Pros
Large, capable of investing in various markets, allowing growth
Cons
At times not fast in reacting to market changes
Bad Company with Even Worse Management
Sales (Former Employee) –  Channelview Texas17 January 2017
If your all about making someone else look good while you carry the load, then look no further. Managers are only concerned with themselves and will walk over anyone to get there. All the good employees have left for the competition and management has no one to blame but themselves.
Pros
End of Work Day
Cons
Chad McClendon
Very demanding and challeging industry.
Construction Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK23 November 2016
Great career with a great compnay until the recession and corparate restructure took place. After that the Corporation sold out assets to the competors.
Don't do it
Operator (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, TX10 September 2016
Very petty and retaliatory company. The employees that make the money for the company are disrespected and are at the whim of Alzheimer's like management. There are no incentives, just new rules every week with new ways to be terminated. Fear for your job is the management style here.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Everything else
Good Learning
Acting Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Islamabad26 June 2016
Harsco was no doubt a very good origination but could not remain in Pakistan due to lack of abilities of local senior managers.

A very good Chanel of learning and productivity .
respect full behaviour friendly environment,
Pros
lunch was always provided
Cons
both were covered Short breaks and health care
worst company I have ever worked for.
Plant Supervisor/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Orwigsburg, PA24 January 2016
The plant I work for is great. there are 4 employees total when corporate knows we need more but they will not allow us to higher anyone because of there own personal gains They laid off or fired a few people to save money but expect us to do more with a lot less. They work you to death and are afraid to speak to you about what is going on. The plant needs more people. they have had meetings with them selves and with us they have told us they see whats going on and that they know we need more people in order to produce efficiently and safely but then leave the plant call or boss and tell him that we need to make it work with what we have. They lie through there teeth to you . I left the company and the plant fell apart mo maintenance constant down time and low production numbers. they then called me and asked me to come back they made empty promises and lied to my face in order to get me to return. I was foolish and believed them and after only 2 days they started taking away all the things they promised. I told them to just do everyone a favor and close the plant. Like I said great group of people at the plant but over all the worst company I have ever worked for. they don't care about you because your not a share holder.Please if your interested in working for Harsco please change your mind.
Rookie executive team
management (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PA18 January 2016
A sinking ship with inexperienced senior leaderdhip. Keep cutting heads nothing more than rearranging deck chairs in the titanic. Lack of integrity compassion and respect for people. Stay away this place is dead shortly
Pros
Cons
Lack of respect and Sr leadership integrity
Horrible place to work!!!!!!
Scarfer (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IA1 December 2015
Worst place I've ever worked in my life!!!! Management could careless about its employees, I was in the military at the time I worked there and they did not support me leaving for training in any way. It's a big steel mill and you would think safety is key at a place like that. I witnessed a guy get smashed by a train because management did not focus on key safety procedures. I witnessed drug use by my coworkers and then WATCHED as management let that slide!!!!!! You are very underpaid for any position you work in and are very overworked. I had to fight the company to get bereavement when my veteran grandfather passed away. Stay away from this company at all costs!!!!!!! The supervisors and front office are idiots and have no idea how to run a company or treat their employees.
Pros
None!!!!
Cons
Everything!!!!
flexible working schedule
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PA7 October 2015
Flexible working schedule during holiday and bad weather. Great team work and support during busy season. Manager is supportive and understanding.
Great
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT1 October 2015
Just built scaffold for job sites.
Great people to work with.
Great benefits.
Didn't stay long due to moving to other state.
Pros
Good benefits, great pay
A Great Work place to enhance our Skill
Informatica, BI Apps and OBIEE developer (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, India21 September 2015
A great place to work where we perfect Work and Life Balance. Direct Interaction to End users helped me to develop my skills in Project Life cycle from End to End. Good Competitive environment to move the skills to next level.
Poor financial performance makes it a very difficult place to work
Chief Information Officer, Metals Division (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PA28 August 2015
Financial freefall in the stock price and downward forecast revisions creates an untenable working environment. Most of the executives have been replaced several times and the current leadership has little experience on the metals services industry.
Pros
Global experience
Cons
Financially unstable, Inexperienced executive management team
Productive and fun place to work
Payroll Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PA12 July 2015
Co-workers were great people to work with.

Very dedicated and hard working employees.

Management was always looking for new ideas to make the work easier with as little stress as possible.
(1st shift) Serious control issue, in and out of your booth regularly and monitor your every move.
Code Welder/ Header Welder/ Combo Welder (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa Oklahoma14 April 2015
This would be a great place to work if they wasn't so petty. Most the guys are happy with the pay, all are happy to have a job, but next to none are happy with the job. Your not allowed to come out of your booth for nothing, and if you use the bathroom longer then 5 minutes you'll hear about it. While in your booth they keep a very close eye on you and check on you regularly. They have no respect for their employees and treat them poorly. The ones that stick around are the passive kind, but if you speak your mind and stick up for yourself you won't last very long at all.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, yearly bonus
Cons
Micro manage, High turnover, disrespectful to employees, unreasonable, and un-understanding
Harsco
Applications Manager (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad8 March 2015
My journey with HARSCO has been a very challenging and memorable one where I have played multiple roles and have grown professionally.
My role involves managing Global Oracle Support apart from implementing Oracle R12 at Harsco Metals locations worldwide
Pros
challenging environment, good support from management
Cons
Working hours have an impact on personal life