Harsco Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK!!!!!!
Scarfer (Former Employee), Muscatine, IADecember 1, 2015
Pros: NONE!!!!
Cons: EVERYTHING!!!!
Worst place I've ever worked in my life!!!! Management could careless about its employees, I was in the military at the time I worked there and they did not support me leaving for training in any way. It's a big steel mill and you would think safety is key at a place like that. I witnessed a guy get smashed by a train because management did not focus on key safety procedures. I witnessed drug use by my coworkers and then WATCHED as management let that slide!!!!!! You are very underpaid for any position you work in and are very overworked. I had to fight the company to get bereavement when my veteran grandfather passed away. Stay away from this company at all costs!!!!!!! The supervisors and front office are idiots and have no idea how to run a company or treat their employees.
worst company I have ever worked for.
Plant Supervisor/Maintenance (Current Employee), Orwigsburg, PAJanuary 24, 2016
The plant I work for is great. there are 4 employees total when corporate knows we need more but they will not allow us to higher anyone because of there own personal gains They laid off or fired a few people to save money but expect us to do more with a lot less. They work you to death and are afraid to speak to you about what is going on. The plant needs more people. they have had meetings with them selves and with us they have told us they see whats going on and that they know we need more people in order to produce efficiently and safely but then leave the plant call or boss and tell him that we need to make it work with what we have. They lie through there teeth to you . I left the company and the plant fell apart mo maintenance constant down time and low production numbers. they then called me and asked me to come back they made empty promises and lied to my face in order to get me to return. I was foolish and believed them and after only 2 days they started taking away all the things they promised. I told them to just do everyone a favor and close the plant. Like I said great group of people at the plant but over all the worst company I have ever worked for. they don't care about you because your not a share holder.Please if your interested in working for Harsco please change your mind.
A Great Work place to enhance our Skill
Informatica, BI Apps and OBIEE developer (Current Employee), Hyderabad, IndiaSeptember 21, 2015
A great place to work where we perfect Work and Life Balance. Direct Interaction to End users helped me to develop my skills in Project Life cycle from End to End. Good Competitive environment to move the skills to next level.
Rookie executive team
management (Former Employee), Camp Hill, PAJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: None
Cons: Lack of respect and Sr leadership integrity
A sinking ship with inexperienced senior leaderdhip. Keep cutting heads nothing more than rearranging deck chairs in the titanic. Lack of integrity compassion and respect for people. Stay away this place is dead shortly
Poor financial performance makes it a very difficult place to work
Chief Information Officer, Metals Division (Former Employee), Camp Hill, PAAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Global experience
Cons: Financially unstable, Inexperienced executive management team
Financial freefall in the stock price and downward forecast revisions creates an untenable working environment. Most of the executives have been replaced several times and the current leadership has little experience on the metals services industry.
Great
Construction Worker (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 1, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, great pay
Cons: None
Just built scaffold for job sites.
Great people to work with.
Great benefits.
Didn't stay long due to moving to other state.
Work and Fun...... Goes hand in hand
Senior Process Associate (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APJanuary 4, 2015
My journey with Harsco started in Feb,2012 and so far this has been an exciting journey worth cherishing. I feel proud being a part of the finance team as Harsco has provided me with so many opportunities to explore and enrich my career path and develop my personality. My two and half years journey is definitely enriching and confidence-boosting. Best part of this company is, that life is never restricted to 9 hours of work, as fun and work goes hand in hand and you never stop learning. The freedom of speech, the independent work culture, strong integrity and the challenging platform here is very appreciative. So fueled with loads of energy I am pursuing a smooth career path.
(1st shift) Serious control issue, in and out of your booth regularly and monitor your every move.
Code Welder/ Header Welder/ Combo Welder (Former Employee), Sapulpa OklahomaApril 14, 2015
Pros: Good pay, good benefits, yearly bonus
Cons: Micro manage, High turnover, disrespectful to employees, unreasonable, and un-understanding
This would be a great place to work if they wasn't so petty. Most the guys are happy with the pay, all are happy to have a job, but next to none are happy with the job. Your not allowed to come out of your booth for nothing, and if you use the bathroom longer then 5 minutes you'll hear about it. While in your booth they keep a very close eye on you and check on you regularly. They have no respect for their employees and treat them poorly. The ones that stick around are the passive kind, but if you speak your mind and stick up for yourself you won't last very long at all.
Productive and fun place to work
Payroll Specialist II (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAJuly 12, 2015
Co-workers were great people to work with.

Very dedicated and hard working employees.

Management was always looking for new ideas to make the work easier with as little stress as possible.
Harsco
Applications Manager (Current Employee), HyderabadMarch 8, 2015
Pros: challenging environment, good support from management
Cons: Working hours have an impact on personal life
My journey with HARSCO has been a very challenging and memorable one where I have played multiple roles and have grown professionally.
My role involves managing Global Oracle Support apart from implementing Oracle R12 at Harsco Metals locations worldwide
Job scurity for competent engineers, good product line
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJune 2, 2012
Pros: engineering intensive, multidisciplinary environment
Cons: in-efficient out of touch and technology distanced supervisors.
A typical day at work is divided into the following: 1.Pursuing the objective and deadlines for tasks; 2. Providing support to manufacturing 3. Personal tasks; 4 5S organization, The day has opportunities to learn from new applications, new technologies,either through formal training, self learning or interaction. Co-workers are generally friendly and helpful. Hardest part of the job is coping with distractions from emergencies and issues which originate from poor supervision. In the latest management re-structuring we have some supervisors who are uninformed about the technology and products. Enjoyable part of the job is the hands on approach and learning experience.
High-energy and challenging workplace
Legal (Former Employee), Camp Hill, PAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: opportunities for advancement and transfers between departments.
Cons: there can be long work hours.
Progressive environment for anyone wanting to be challenged. Good mentoring/learning atmosphere.
“One of the best company in the present industry....”
Senior Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APApril 8, 2014
Pros: more opportunities, good benefits for people who stick for long years!
Cons: span of control needs to be improved batter!
I have been working at Harsco full-time for more than 4 years now
Welder
Alloy Header Welder/Code Welder/Tube Welder (Former Employee), Owasso, OKJanuary 30, 2015
Harsco bought Hammco when owner passed away and kept things the same as the owner did, employees are great people, kept morale up as adjustments were made during transition of company with new owners
Great Travel Experience
Internal Auditor (Former Employee), Camp Hill, PAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: great opportunity to see the world on the company tab
Cons: lots of travel and away from friends and family
If you like travel you will love the IA role at Harsco. Got to experience many different places during my time, both in the US and International. Would recommend this position.
Work you to death, no care for your personal time
Senior Systems Engineer/Data Center Manager (Former Employee), Camp Hill, PAFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: free coffee?
Cons: too many to list
I worked 11 and 12 hour days regularly with my job being threatened if I had to leave. They lied to be from day one about my title. Moved my job to India for cheaper labor. Getting fatter on top which thinning out the minor herd of employees at the bottom.
Diverse company.
Senior Manager Global Security (Current Employee), Camp Hill, PAJanuary 31, 2013
Good company. Business locations around the world. Travel opportunities are limitless.
There is no teamwork or collaboration
JDE Project Manager (Former Employee), BrazilMarch 24, 2013
Pros: diversity and resources and budget available to do the projects
Cons: hard place to work.
Meeting all day long to manage a project.
Off shore team didn't perform according to expectations.
People were not open to new ideas.
Diversity is very strong.
Dynamic and fast-paced company; Very interesting work
HR Business Partner (Current Employee), Camp Hill, PAOctober 24, 2013
This company is very dynamic and fast-paced. The divisions operate in very diverse industries, which makes the work very interesting.
Challenges were exciting
JDE Project Manager (Former Employee), BrazilMarch 24, 2013
Pros: working face to face with the team.
Cons: economy went down
Working directly with the teams and speaking their language.