Harsco Corporation

Harsco Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
(1st shift) Serious control issue, in and out of your booth regularly and monitor your every move.
Code Welder/ Header Welder/ Combo Welder (Former Employee), Sapulpa OklahomaApril 14, 2015
Pros: Good pay, good benefits, yearly bonus
Cons: Micro manage, High turnover, disrespectful to employees, unreasonable, and un-understanding
This would be a great place to work if they wasn't so petty. Most the guys are happy with the pay, all are happy to have a job, but next to none are happy with the job. Your not allowed to come out of your booth for nothing, and if you use the bathroom longer then 5 minutes you'll hear about it. While in your booth they keep a very close eye on you and check on you regularly. They have no respect for their employees and treat them poorly. The ones that stick around are the passive kind, but if you speak your mind and stick up for yourself you won't last very long at all.
Harsco
Applications Manager (Current Employee), HyderabadMarch 8, 2015
Pros: challenging environment, good support from management
Cons: Working hours have an impact on personal life
My journey with HARSCO has been a very challenging and memorable one where I have played multiple roles and have grown professionally.
My role involves managing Global Oracle Support apart from implementing Oracle R12 at Harsco Metals locations worldwide
Welder
Alloy Header Welder/Code Welder/Tube Welder (Former Employee), Owasso, OKJanuary 30, 2015
Harsco bought Hammco when owner passed away and kept things the same as the owner did, employees are great people, kept morale up as adjustments were made during transition of company with new owners
Work and Fun...... Goes hand in hand
Senior Process Associate (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APJanuary 4, 2015
My journey with Harsco started in Feb,2012 and so far this has been an exciting journey worth cherishing. I feel proud being a part of the finance team as Harsco has provided me with so many opportunities to explore and enrich my career path and develop my personality. My two and half years journey is definitely enriching and confidence-boosting. Best part of this company is, that life is never restricted to 9 hours of work, as fun and work goes hand in hand and you never stop learning. The freedom of speech, the independent work culture, strong integrity and the challenging platform here is very appreciative. So fueled with loads of energy I am pursuing a smooth career path.
High-energy and challenging workplace
Legal (Former Employee), Camp Hill, PAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: opportunities for advancement and transfers between departments.
Cons: there can be long work hours.
Progressive environment for anyone wanting to be challenged. Good mentoring/learning atmosphere.
Great Travel Experience
Internal Auditor (Former Employee), Camp Hill, PAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: great opportunity to see the world on the company tab
Cons: lots of travel and away from friends and family
If you like travel you will love the IA role at Harsco. Got to experience many different places during my time, both in the US and International. Would recommend this position.
“One of the best company in the present industry....”
Senior Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APApril 8, 2014
Pros: more opportunities, good benefits for people who stick for long years!
Cons: span of control needs to be improved batter!
I have been working at Harsco full-time for more than 4 years now
Dynamic and fast-paced company; Very interesting work
HR Business Partner (Current Employee), Camp Hill, PAOctober 24, 2013
This company is very dynamic and fast-paced. The divisions operate in very diverse industries, which makes the work very interesting.
Challenges were exciting
JDE Project Manager (Former Employee), BrazilMarch 24, 2013
Pros: working face to face with the team.
Cons: economy went down
Working directly with the teams and speaking their language.
There is no teamwork or collaboration
JDE Project Manager (Former Employee), BrazilMarch 24, 2013
Pros: diversity and resources and budget available to do the projects
Cons: hard place to work.
Meeting all day long to manage a project.
Off shore team didn't perform according to expectations.
People were not open to new ideas.
Diversity is very strong.
Work you to death, no care for your personal time
Senior Systems Engineer/Data Center Manager (Former Employee), Camp Hill, PAFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: free coffee?
Cons: too many to list
I worked 11 and 12 hour days regularly with my job being threatened if I had to leave. They lied to be from day one about my title. Moved my job to India for cheaper labor. Getting fatter on top which thinning out the minor herd of employees at the bottom.
Diverse company.
Senior Manager Global Security (Current Employee), Camp Hill, PAJanuary 31, 2013
Good company. Business locations around the world. Travel opportunities are limitless.
Job scurity for competent engineers, good product line
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJune 2, 2012
Pros: engineering intensive, multidisciplinary environment
Cons: in-efficient out of touch and technology distanced supervisors.
A typical day at work is divided into the following: 1.Pursuing the objective and deadlines for tasks; 2. Providing support to manufacturing 3. Personal tasks; 4 5S organization, The day has opportunities to learn from new applications, new technologies,either through formal training, self learning or interaction. Co-workers are generally friendly and helpful. Hardest part of the job is coping with distractions from emergencies and issues which originate from poor supervision. In the latest management re-structuring we have some supervisors who are uninformed about the technology and products. Enjoyable part of the job is the hands on approach and learning experience.

About Harsco Corporation

If you're a metal producer or a construction company, Harsco is at your service. Its metals and minerals segment provides mill – Read more