HARRIS REBAR

HARRIS REBAR Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good work, good people, very safe
Rod Buster apprentice (Current Employee), Prince George, BCSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: good people to work with, bonuses
Cons: lack of work between jobs and out of town work
Typical day at work: Start day with stretching and job duties for the day. Prepare site for required job. Prepare proper ppe. Lifting and packing rebar and placing it, tie in the rebar. Cutting rebar with required tool. Use of machinery if needed.

What you learned: I have learned new methods in the job site such as safety, proper use of power tools, – more... operating machinery, how to utilize man power.

Your Co-workers: I have learnt many things from co workers and highly enjoy working with people and sharing ideas.

The hardest part of work: I would say the hardest part of my job would be continues packing of very heavy rebar and tying continues through the day, most of all the lack of work between job sites and winter.

The most enjoyable part of the day: I personally enjoy learning new things working with new people and the physically demanding part of the job – less
Great company.
Ironworker (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 13, 2014
Hard work. Made me appreciate better times at BC Rail, driving locomotives and handling heavy freight trains.
Company was allright to work for just don't like to work in the city.
Shop/Field Safety Advisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 26, 2014
Company overall was not a bad place of employment they showed a high commitment to safety.
No enjoyment
General Labourer (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABNovember 4, 2013
Long hours and uneventful days, Management just pushed hard to get things out.
Disorganized and no communication
Worker (Former Employee), CalgarySeptember 8, 2013
Cons: too much lip service. no leadership at the branch and regional level.
Take your best shot as there is little direction from management as to setting goals and the direction anyone should be taking. Very limited support from any upper management as they are too concerned with looking out for their own interests,
Positive, and healthy working environment
Iron Worker (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 11, 2013
Very organized company, with hard working individuals. Goal orientated, with positive values.
fun workplace
installer (Former Employee), oakville, onAugust 1, 2013
Pros: co workers
Cons: long hours, long travel times
the job was very enjoyable as well as the people but it was very long hours and long travel times
13 year vet lol
Reinforcing rodworker/foreman (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 30, 2013
enjoyable company to work for, pay well, very labour intense its not for the weak.
Great people place to work. Loved the personal contact with clients.
Sales Representative/Head of Sales department (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: very upbeat company with plenty of morale boosting employee functions, eg. golf tournies, superbowl parties and great christmas parties.
Cons: very difficult to advance to manager positions
Getting started before 7am is great for the review and confirmation of the days' scheduling requirements.
Training of staff and continued mentoring will always be the most rewarding and enjoyable part of my job.
I learned to be more flexible in the sequence of daily department operations and functions, provided the job was completed within the timeframe – more... required.
Proofing and approval of contractual agreements is very tedious work and therefore the one aspect of my job that was difficult to enjoy. – less
long hours hard work
Fabricater 1 (Former Employee), Burbank, WAJuly 16, 2014
Lots of overtime and I great place to work if you want to work hard and long hours.
Highly skilled and qualified people to learn from.
Iron Worker (Former Employee), Delta, BCNovember 25, 2013
I enjoyed learning from some of the best and most skilled reinforcers in the province as well I enjoyed the emphasis on saftey and good union values.
Coffee pot in the lunchroom, good benefits.
Rebar Machine Operator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: good insurance
Cons: old equipment.
I enjoyed my job and the hardest part of my job was work in the hot weather,
Machinery was old.
The good is that has a lunchroom.
played basketball on lunch break
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAJune 25, 2012
Pros: hours
Cons: very hot environment.
Learned how to operate an overhead crane and operate different machinery.