HARRIS REBAR Employee Reviews in Canada

overall a decent place to work
DRIVER / SAFETY (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABApril 29, 2016
I really enjoyed working with this company, when the economy slowed I was laid off, I miss working there, good environment and excellent management.
Pros
great enviroment
Cons
couple of sour grapes
Fast paced, never a dull moment
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONJuly 5, 2016
Cut, bend, and deliver rebar for specified customer orders. Faced paced, always moving, Full time hours, 5 days a week. Enjoyable job with great people to work with.
Good Job
Bender (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBDecember 16, 2015
Bend rebar and load trailers
how to use a heavy duty bender and stack rebar
management is easy going and good to work for
co-workers are nice and easy to work with
getting rebar ready for cutting and bending
loading the trailers and the end of the day
Pros
pay day every friday
My RevIew on Harris Rebar
SHIPPING/RECEIVING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Leduc, ABSeptember 17, 2015
My day required me to create Bill of Ladings, that I generated for customer and product purposes.
I would reassure customer that they were getting billed correctly for the correct product.
I learned to work in a multi fast industry. Where my attention to detail could never lack.
Management was very good and efficient
As I only had 1 co- worker, it made for an easy work relationship
I loved the diversity of my job
Machine Shop
Machine Operator/Welder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 28, 2015
Schnell operator
I liked this job, it was extremely fast paced and I performed well.
Under pressure most days to fill orders I learned how to deal with the pressure and also that under those circumstances I thrive.

Co-workers made the job. It was a close knit family of guys who relied on each others safety, assistance when needed and to keep things fun.
Pros
Close to home, relationship with coworkers, OT
Cons
Tolerance for sick/compassionate days zero, long hours
Fun work place, supportive managment
CAGE MACHINE OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABAugust 21, 2015
Great co workers, Safety comes first, lots of opportunity, occasional staff BBQs, good hours, constantly learning new skills
Pros
Good management
Cons
The pay
Excellent experience
General Foreman/ Superintendent (Former Employee) –  LMRP Kapuskasing, Ont.February 11, 2015
I believe their was too much inexperienced people in control of this specific project, and each had their own ideas.It needed one person to take charge. Unfortunately I did not start near the beginning of the project and therefore did not get an opportunity. I had a very good working relationship with the general contractor, Kiewit.
it was a work out and fun
Shop hand (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 1, 2015
Harris Rebar is the most unsafe company I've ever worked for. We produced a lot of work. The training was terrible I learned but was never taught the proper procedures. I enjoyed getting paid every week hardest part of the job was tying small rings of 15 m favorite part was learning metric measurements
Productive and positive environment
Accounting Administrator - Temp Contract (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONSeptember 21, 2014
A good company to work for. Supportive and friendly co-workers. Management is helpful and takes direct interest in supporting all arrears of administration. Company in whole has a family value to it, and it was wonderful to see in my brief contract assignment how much everyone put so much effort in supporting fundraising up to little events such baby showers and birthdays.
Great people place to work. Loved the personal contact with clients.
Sales Representative/Head of Sales department (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 25, 2012
Getting started before 7am is great for the review and confirmation of the days' scheduling requirements.
Training of staff and continued mentoring will always be the most rewarding and enjoyable part of my job.
I learned to be more flexible in the sequence of daily department operations and functions, provided the job was completed within the timeframe required.
Proofing and approval of contractual agreements is very tedious work and therefore the one aspect of my job that was difficult to enjoy.
Pros
very upbeat company with plenty of morale boosting employee functions, eg. golf tournies, superbowl parties and great christmas parties.
Cons
very difficult to advance to manager positions
Disorganized and no communication
Worker (Former Employee) –  CalgarySeptember 8, 2013
Take your best shot as there is little direction from management as to setting goals and the direction anyone should be taking. Very limited support from any upper management as they are too concerned with looking out for their own interests,
Cons
too much lip service. no leadership at the branch and regional level.
Good work, good people, very safe
Rod Buster apprentice (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BCSeptember 19, 2014
Typical day at work: Start day with stretching and job duties for the day. Prepare site for required job. Prepare proper ppe. Lifting and packing rebar and placing it, tie in the rebar. Cutting rebar with required tool. Use of machinery if needed.

What you learned: I have learned new methods in the job site such as safety, proper use of power tools, operating machinery, how to utilize man power.

Your Co-workers: I have learnt many things from co workers and highly enjoy working with people and sharing ideas.

The hardest part of work: I would say the hardest part of my job would be continues packing of very heavy rebar and tying continues through the day, most of all the lack of work between job sites and winter.

The most enjoyable part of the day: I personally enjoy learning new things working with new people and the physically demanding part of the job
Pros
good people to work with, bonuses
Cons
lack of work between jobs and out of town work
Company was allright to work for just don't like to work in the city.
Shop/Field Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 26, 2014
Company overall was not a bad place of employment they showed a high commitment to safety.
fun workplace
installer (Former Employee) –  oakville, onAugust 1, 2013
the job was very enjoyable as well as the people but it was very long hours and long travel times
Pros
co workers
Cons
long hours, long travel times
Positive, and healthy working environment
Iron Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 11, 2013
Very organized company, with hard working individuals. Goal orientated, with positive values.
Great company.
Ironworker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 13, 2014
Hard work. Made me appreciate better times at BC Rail, driving locomotives and handling heavy freight trains.
13 year vet lol
Reinforcing rodworker/foreman (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 30, 2013
enjoyable company to work for, pay well, very labour intense its not for the weak.
No enjoyment
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABNovember 4, 2013
Long hours and uneventful days, Management just pushed hard to get things out.