Harris Corporation

Harris Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Highly Productive and full of competition
Designer C (Current Employee), Palm Bay, FLApril 14, 2014
Learned a lot on a daily basis from all the senior engineers.

Hardest part about the job has the schedule, the stress and always being reminded that I need something unattainable to get promoted.
Implementation Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAApril 13, 2014
This job is for you if you enjoy traveling for work. There will be times where you will work 60+ hours per week. Especially during crunch deadline times.
Nice coworkers in a nice setting
Network Associate B (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAApril 8, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: internal opportunities were lacking.
A overall good company to work for but opportunities posted internally seemed to be always out of reach.
Good starter environment
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLApril 7, 2014
Pros: 9/80 schedule
Cons: schedule over quality of a product
Harris is a good place to work and has very good job security.
Great people to work with
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZMarch 31, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: n/a
People I worked with were great to be around. Everyone worked as a team and was always a pleasant environment to be around
Great employer, but quick to lay-off.
Geospatial Technician (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLMarch 11, 2014
The work environment, pay, benefits, and management are great. Though, due to contracts changing, they can lay off employees quickly.
Productive and Rewarding Culture
Proposal Manager (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAMarch 1, 2014
Performance based culture with rewards based on contributions to bottom-line and customer base.
Productive environment.
Project Manager (Current Employee), Eagan, MNFebruary 23, 2014
This is a very fast paced environment, management is professional and supportive.
Technologically challenged
Accountant (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: the work
The company is in severe need of modernizing its systems, which is partially due to prior acquisitions, but it is handicapping the staff's ability to work efficiently. Some departments are using tools that are at least 10 or more years behind. Management is focused on cost cutting which doesn't easily permit implementing modern tools.
Fun workplace with challenging and diverse projects
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Suitland, MDFebruary 16, 2014
Working with Harris has been fun and challenging. I have learned a lot and hope to continue to do so.
Great Company to Work For!
RF Design Engineer (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLFebruary 16, 2014
Harris Corp is a wonderful place for new grads to grow and advance. I started straight out of school working on design projects. I had a mentor to turn to for questions and a "buddy" for Harris help. Co-workers help out, not turn away because they are too busy.

I started recruiting for Harris at my alma mater right after I started and I've been involved – more... in recruiting ever since. I love this part!

The job is not easy, but that's the best part! It's boring if you're not challenged! – less
I like place. is a nice place to work
Modules Technician (Former Employee), Rochester NYFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: nice free lunches
Cons: more brakes
Everything else is fine with the company.I like the job is very challenging and learn new stuff every day.
MA office very slow, depressing, disappointing
Executive Administration (Current Employee), MAJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: good benefits
a typical day at work for me in the MA office is to sit and stare at my computer screen all day. My talents, skills and knowledge is not being utilized. I am one that likes to be busy all day, every day. When transferring up here what I was told the typical day at work would be is the complete opposite. Harris Corp itself is a wonderful place of employment, – more... opporunities for growth and advancement are endless and encouraged IF you are working at the Corp Headquarters in FL. – less
Okay company
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Rochester, NYDecember 27, 2013
I interned there and while individuals seemed to really want to help and give you things to work on, upper management really didn't care and I was left with long periods of nothing to do. Even when I asked for work no one had anything substantial for me to work on.
Business Analyst II (Current Employee), Reston, VADecember 17, 2013
I really enjoyed working at Harris Corporation. I especially enjoyed the flexibility that was given to the employees.
No Longer a Good Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Rochester, NYDecember 12, 2013
They don't care about the employees. Various upper management very biased against certain people. Do not treat employees with respect and dignity.
Challenging Work
System Support Engineer (Former Employee), Palm Bay FloridaDecember 11, 2013
Pros: always something new.
Cons: sometimes facing lulls in work due to contracts.
Work was challenging as Harris placed me in various jobs which required constant learning. Data Analyzing was new and that last position I held. I became very comfortable with MS Excel and learned how to manipulate large number of data. My Co-workers were fun to work with and eager to help. The hardest part of working for Harris was the lulls in work. – more... Working for the Government was a feast or famine type environment. What I liked most about Harris was the people. – less
Help desk
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), melbourne, flDecember 4, 2013
Pros: breaks lunch breaks able to talk to manager
Cons: not much room for advancement.
The Daily work day. for a call center they have all the best programs to help the workers solve computer and network issues. The staff and managers are very professional.
No longer a great place to work.
Engineer (Current Employee), Rochester, NYDecember 2, 2013
Pros: a fair amount of vacation time off.
Cons: benefits, management, boring work, all about the bottom line profit.
There have been two rounds of layoffs in two years. Attrition is higher than ever before. People have either been overworked or underutilized. The president is cutting costs to make the stock price go up. Compensation is not anywhere near average. Not worth applying. I will say The job is easy and you can pretty much sleep at work. You will become complacent – more... and lose engineering skills. This has been a major step backwards in my career. Any reviews over a year old do not apply anymore. We have cut too much to be effective. I dread going to work everyday. – less
Good company to work for.
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLNovember 13, 2013
Lots of movement potential. The company is big and has a lot of projects, if you don't like the one you're on, you can transfer to another one and the culture around doing so is very positive. Benefits are good and jobs are secure.

About Harris Corporation

Harris has ways to makeĀ its customers communicate. The company, which develops communications products for government and commercial – Read more