Harris Corporation

Harris Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Co-workers and diverse work
Account Manager/Senior Support Services (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 30, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: no room for advancement
I worked at Harris Corporation Advertising Solutions Group for over 10 years. I loved the work because each day was different. My co-workers were very talented and hard working. The bad part is there is no room for advancement at all, no matter how good you are at what you do. The best part of the job is working with clients to make them happy and using – more... my previous experience to excel in the job. There is overtime for those who care enough but there were some hard workers and some that did not put in the same effort and dedication. Reviews also do not reflect extra effort, which is not good. – less
Outside appearances to customers is top priority
Computer Support Technician (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLMay 26, 2014
Pros: most of the time, work is fulfilling and worth-while.
Cons: everything else
Rank and file employees have poor salaries, fair benefits that match qualifications and requirements.
Management in many cases are metric-centric and do not understand or consider employee work needs.
Great Company
Systems Integration And Test Eng. III (Current Employee), Palm Bay, FLMay 26, 2014
Pros: paid overtime for salaried employees upon approval. good benefits
Cons: crazy work life balance
Great company to work for. Good benefits and health insurance. Stressful work schedule due to type of work contracts but overall good experience.
Good Company
Engineering Specialist (Former Employee), MelbourneMay 20, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: travel
Large corporation with many products. However extended travel (often 6 months or more) was necessary due to product types.
Good starter environment, but lacks incentives to drive and keep experienced engineers
Solution Specialist (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLMay 15, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: quality of work is compromised in favor of schedules, failure to compensate causes loss of critical talent
Overall, Harris is a very safe place to work, but they have been lacking incentives and tend to focus more on schedule then they do delivering quality products/services.

It has been said that Harris is a new grad environment. There is not much reason for experienced engineers to stay other than family.
Liked the flexible work shcedule
OBIEE Reports Develoer (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLMay 14, 2014
Pros: good flexible working hours
Cons: mangagers a bit detached.
Very professional and no micro-management.

The systems are well set up and there is job specialization such as an ETL team and a OBI team.
It is a great company to work for in FL Space Coast.
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLMay 12, 2014
The work environment is great, people help each other and you have great opportunities for career growth.
Enjoy working with a great team!
Executive Assistant for Healthcare Division (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLMay 7, 2014
Pros: my team
An average day here at Harris Healthcare would include scheduling meetings, booking travel, reimbursing expenses and other for a team of 2 directors and one VP. I am also the HR Assistant for the division, as well as the Finance Assistance.
Enjoy working with a great team!
Pros: my team
Highly Productive and full of competition
Designer C (Current Employee), Palm Bay, FLApril 14, 2014
Learned a lot on a daily basis from all the senior engineers.

Hardest part about the job has the schedule, the stress and always being reminded that I need something unattainable to get promoted.
Implementation Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAApril 13, 2014
This job is for you if you enjoy traveling for work. There will be times where you will work 60+ hours per week. Especially during crunch deadline times.
Nice coworkers in a nice setting
Network Associate B (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAApril 8, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: internal opportunities were lacking.
A overall good company to work for but opportunities posted internally seemed to be always out of reach.
Good starter environment
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLApril 7, 2014
Pros: 9/80 schedule
Cons: schedule over quality of a product
Harris is a good place to work and has very good job security.
Great people to work with
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZMarch 31, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: n/a
People I worked with were great to be around. Everyone worked as a team and was always a pleasant environment to be around
Great employer, but quick to lay-off.
Geospatial Technician (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLMarch 11, 2014
The work environment, pay, benefits, and management are great. Though, due to contracts changing, they can lay off employees quickly.
Productive and Rewarding Culture
Proposal Manager (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAMarch 1, 2014
Performance based culture with rewards based on contributions to bottom-line and customer base.
Productive environment.
Project Manager (Current Employee), Eagan, MNFebruary 23, 2014
This is a very fast paced environment, management is professional and supportive.
Technologically challenged
Accountant (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: the work
The company is in severe need of modernizing its systems, which is partially due to prior acquisitions, but it is handicapping the staff's ability to work efficiently. Some departments are using tools that are at least 10 or more years behind. Management is focused on cost cutting which doesn't easily permit implementing modern tools.
Fun workplace with challenging and diverse projects
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Suitland, MDFebruary 16, 2014
Working with Harris has been fun and challenging. I have learned a lot and hope to continue to do so.
Great Company to Work For!
RF Design Engineer (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLFebruary 16, 2014
Harris Corp is a wonderful place for new grads to grow and advance. I started straight out of school working on design projects. I had a mentor to turn to for questions and a "buddy" for Harris help. Co-workers help out, not turn away because they are too busy.

I started recruiting for Harris at my alma mater right after I started and I've been involved – more... in recruiting ever since. I love this part!

The job is not easy, but that's the best part! It's boring if you're not challenged! – less

About Harris Corporation

Harris has ways to make its customers communicate. The company, which develops communications products for government and commercial – Read more