Harris Corporation

Harris Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
i was working with team oriented admosphere
broadcasting company (Former Employee), North York, ONMay 14, 2013
Pros: feel pride with with organisation when your worked acknowledged
Cons: even you home still thinking abut how to solve problem.
i have a over 10 year of working experience that field every day is challenge of working meet customer requirements tanning peoples working with your peers achieve targets end of the days feel goods when inside customers and outside customer satisfaction .
Mediocre status
Hardware Designer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 24, 2012
Company morale was poor due to recent merge with Harris. Okay place to work at if all you seek is a standard day in day out job.
Review
maintenance (Former Employee), torontoAugust 8, 2012
Pros: cheap food
Cons: non
friendly management,good enviroment,every thing easy going
Exciting high tech environment
Senior Engineering Specialist (Former Employee), Rochester, NYSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: superb, talented, brilliant people.
Cons: contract employment policies that lead to the loss of great people (including myself).
Worked with many outstanding and brilliant engineers and scientists. A typical day included programming and operating vibration tables and environmental chambers and testing the functions of military tactical radios while being exposed to harsh conditions, concluding with composing official test reports.
A good IT environment
Certified IT Professional (Current Employee), Fort Lee, VASeptember 24, 2014
I learned how federal government agencies function. I perform various tasks within the IT department at Fort Lee. I'll tell you more about it in the interview...
Overall Good Company
Finance (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VASeptember 21, 2014
Pros: good pay for the area, flex time, and great benefits
Cons: struggle with work life balance.
Days at work are very busy. More to do than can be accomplished in eight hour day. Learned a lot about various contracts and meeting high expectations stemming from a publicly traded company.
Career Development needs work
CONTRACTOR PROGRAM SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLSeptember 15, 2014
Need more work on developing a career development program for employees who wish to grow and advance
Harris was a good company to work for until a few years ago
Marketing Communications Administrator (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: 9/80 work schedule, a variety of projects to work on
Cons: out of touch management, a bottom line mentality at the cost of employee morale
Harris was a great company to work for. However beginning in 2012 major changes including the untimely exit of a CEO and the arrival of the new CEO meant drastic changes within the company.

The focus was placed more on the bottom line at the expense of the employee. The company lost a lot of good talent and those who remain are many times miserable.
Productive and fun place to work.
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: friendly and fun place to work
Cons: everything was good.
Worked for 25 years at Harris Corporation. Very fast paced job, co-workers were friendly and all employees were very informed concerning their jobs. Got along very well with management and co-workers. Common goals was to work hard and promote company products. Worked with customers all over the world and formed lasting friendship with them. Hardest – more... part of the job was leaving after getting laid off. The enjoyable part of the job was getting up every morning going to the job. Loved working with my customers and doing a great job for Harris Corporation. – less
Productive workplace with Great People
Warehouse Administrator (Former Employee), Dulles VAAugust 21, 2014
Pros: great workflow
i handled international shipments to and from US government facilities across the world. i also prepped hardware for use in the field as well as training new employees on procedure & standards.

i learned a lot about the work processes of Harris. it was a very educational time for me.

my co-workers were great. i trained with some and trained others – more... while i was there.

the job was not really difficult, i enjoyed all of my time there. – less
Harris is a large Defense and Communications company
RF Engineer III (Current Employee), Palm Bay, FLAugust 19, 2014
There are many programs to work on giving an RF Engineer a wide array of experience.
Harris LMR is about 12 Years behind Motorola
Field Engineering Service Manager (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLAugust 18, 2014
Harris has lost several bids to Motorola due to two reasons:

1. Overall Solutions is higher.
2. No solid radio transition plan.

P25 land mobile based traditional radio communications is rapidly in trouble with LTE and E911 System evolvement.
Hardest Part of the Job
Sr. Manager, Proposals and Capture Management (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAAugust 17, 2014
Pros: great location
Cons: consistent pressure to meet monthly, quarterly and yearly numbers.
As the #2 provider in the LMR industry, Harris is consistently fighting against a formidable competitor. People work hard to find ways to win business despite the feeling they are outnumbered and out financed. When we win, it is a tremendous feeling.
Long Hours & No recognition.
Engineer (Former Employee), Palm BayAugust 9, 2014
Pros: 9/80 work week.
Cons: poor company culture and managers who don't have any interpersonal skills
This was the worst expierence of my life.
Managers could care less about their workers.
Promotions are based on who you know and not what you know.
Great company to work for
Technical Writing Supervisor (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 8, 2014
Pros: this company, overall, a good company to work for.
Cons: cannot say that all management is proactive and care a lot about the employees.
I worked for this company for about eight years. I think their corporate culture is beneficial to most employees. I believe they offer opportunities for advancement if you really want it.

Unfortunately, as a contractor, it didn't last long enough for me.
Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Palm Bay FloridaAugust 2, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: job planning
Good company to work for but scheduling became too agressive.
Use to be good
Buyer (Current Employee), Palm Bay, FLJuly 21, 2014
Pros: experienced individuals to learn from
Cons: companies on the decline
Good starter job. No longer offers as much on the job training and career development.
Self Reliant Work Place
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Palm Bay, FLJuly 15, 2014
I enjoyed taking my own initiative to learn new things during this job. When my coworkers had no assignments for me to do, I would teach myself programs and conduct tests.
wrok
Network Engineer (Contractor) (Former Employee), melbourne, flJuly 9, 2014
great place to work but be ready for long days and lots of travel
Great place to get knowledge in 3D models
Computer Technician (Former Employee), Melbourne, FlJuly 8, 2014
Extracted measurements from image projections to build accurate 3D models of buildings. Similar to Google earth, used by government and commercial agencies to simulate 3D urban areas such as major metropolitan cities.

1 2 3 4 5

About Harris Corporation

Harris has ways to make its customers communicate. The company, which develops communications products for government and commercial – Read more