Harris is seeking a Corporate Controller to work closely with the VP and Director of Finance. The Corporate Controller will be responsible for overseeing the financial reporting function and the internal control framework and coordinating the integration of new acquisitions from a finance perspective.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
As the Corporate Controller, you are instrumental to the success of Harris and the finance team and will have an active role in the decision making process. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Working with the divisional finance teams to identify and solve issues related to the operation of the finance function;
- Ensuring that established control procedures are operating, identifying potential control risks and providing solutions to eliminate or reduce the identified control risks;
- Preparing information requests to be sent to Harris subsidiaries to facilitate consolidated reporting to the parent company on a quarterly basis;
- Assessing and recommending appropriate accounting treatments on complex issues;
- Coordinating with internal and external auditors and divisional finance teams for quarterly and year-end reporting;
- Providing support and expertise to divisional finance teams in integrating and accounting for new acquisitions;
- Understanding the divisional operations and how they drive the financial results;
- Reviewing and analyzing annual, quarterly and monthly results;
- Managing a team of financial analysts and clerks;
- Participating in recruitment and training of new team members;
- Special projects & ad hoc reporting as required;
- Successful completion of a Canadian recognized professional accounting designation program is required
- Well versed in software revenue recognition guidelines under both IFRS and US GAAP
- Experience successfully managing and growing a team
Salary will be commensurate with experience and job responsibilities. Harris offers excellent fringe benefits including a generous vacation policy and health, dental, life and disability insurance.
Applications are accepted here:
Headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario, Harris Computer Systems (“Harris”) is a leading provider of mission critical software to the public sector in North America. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc. (“CSI”, symbol CSU on the TSX), Harris has become the cornerstone for CSI’s investment in utility, local government, school districts, public safety, and healthcare software verticals. Our success has been realized through investment in our proprietary software and market expertise combined with acquiring businesses that build upon or complement our offerings. Harris will continue to grow through reinvestment – both in the people and products that we offer and by acquiring new businesses.
Please feel free to browse our website for further information at
“An Equal Opportunity Employer”e