Harley-Davidson

Harley-Davidson Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great experience
Quality Coordinator (Former Employee), York, PAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: excellent pay
Cons: night shift
Excellent training program. Got a great deal of experience learning about production issues. Management was great to work for, Co-workers alwys provided support. Hardest part of the job knowing it was contract work. ost enjoyable were the people I worked with.
Use to be a great place to work before 2009 from what I hear
Warehouse/Powertrain Tech II (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 6, 2014
Pros: 2009 pros, good money great benys, 2014 pros? i have no idea
Cons: no job security
Great place to work pre economic collapse. Typically everyone was making close to six figures, but after the economy collapsed they lowered wages almost 50 percent. Use to be great, great health, eye, dental, but now not so much. Great atmosphere!
FUN WORKING WITH PEOPLE FROM ALL TYPES OF DIVERSITY
Team Leader (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: we were our own boss
Cons: had nobody looking over our shoulder except ourselves
START OFF WITH A MORNING WITH THE TEAM TO GO OVER THE FOLLOWING DAY AND TO HAVE A PLAN FOR PERSONEL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES FOR THAT DAY.JUST TO GO OVER THE AGENDA FOR THE DAY.
Productive and empowering workplace
Program Manager (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 15, 2014
Pros: world class people and facilities
Cons: n/a
I lead teams to fulfill customer dreams of personal freedom every minute of every day.
Great company with great culture
Maintenance Reliability Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Menomonee Falls, WISeptember 15, 2014
My days at H-D generally involved checking on my current open maintenance requests, walking around the facility looking for any new issues, and in any necessary meetings.

I learned about what it is like to work in an engineering setting, how to communicate with machine and assembly line personnel, and how to apply my engineering knowledge in a manufacturing – more... environment.

Management was not strict unless mistakes were made, but even then as long as a mistake did not cost too much for the company it was easily remedied.

My co-workers were great, easy to talk to, and fine to work with. I was able to get things done when working with them.

The most difficult part of the job was leaving at the end.

The best part about working for Harley-Davidson was the people I met and what I learned about being in a manufacturing environment. – less
A great company to work for
Assembly Line (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: everything, they had programs set up to make sure the employees were taken care of.
Cons: the break times could have been longer. for a 10 hr shift we only got two 10's and a 30 min break.
The environment, the people, and the pay was very good. If i lived closer i would have stayed.
Innovative, relaxed and professional.
RSP (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 27, 2014
Pros: dress code, relaxed atmosphere, results-oriented
Cons: the occasional disorganization of cross-functional business units
The thing about H-D is that when all is said is done, we get results. The company culture here is phenomenal and co-workers and upper management are supportive and driven to help you succeed.
very challenging
Contract Paint Engineer (Current Employee), Tomahawk, WIAugust 13, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: a lot of hour per week.
Working with the paint line to solving daily production issues that may come up. Program robots to paint many different parts types, all plastic.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 5, 2014
Working on an awesome team where everyone is willing to help one another be successful.
Harley Davidson
Quality Technician (Current Employee), York, PAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: hours
I've enjoyed work at HD and with all of the wonderful people I have met. They have given me an opportunity that will help me move towards a career.
Not the company it once was
Technical Training Instructor Lead (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 28, 2014
Pros: had some great experiences and great times
Cons: very poor work life balance, outsourcing, downsizing
Culture changed drastically as it became run by accountants. Lost a lot of good people. Some great managers there but they are outnumbered by bad managers.
Cool place to work at with fitness room and cafeteria
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee), Menomonee Falls, WIJuly 27, 2014
Pros: fitness room
Cons: no paid lunch
I liked the job in general but I did not like that I wouldn't receive any benefits.
Powertrain operator assembly review
Powertrain operator (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 12, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: long commute to work
A typical day at work would include assembling engines and transmissions on a 40+ hour work week. I learned many valuable lessons in my eight years of work. One being prioritizing, which I would place a high value on. I also learned to work within a very diverse population, which allowed me to build on my communication skills. I had a very positive – more... relationship with my managers. I did what was expected of me and that allowed us to have a very effective and efficient relationship. I also was able to communicate with my coworkers in a manner that allowed us to complete any task that was given. I would say the hardest part of my job would be not having all the available parts to complete an assembly, which could happen from time to time. I loved to go to work every day, so that allowed me to enjoy every aspect of my job. – less
Great Place To Work
Powder Coat Assembly Line / Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Menomonee Falls, WIJune 19, 2014
Pros: nice cafeteria
Cons: no air conditioning
Good Job
Good People
Safe Work Enviroment
I think Indeed is getting too deep with this information
Dressing Casually was a nice bonus!
Administrative Assistant Sr./Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 21, 2014
Pros: wearing jeans everday!
Cons: management styles changing a lot.
Harley-Davidson has a culture all it's own. It's still a corporation, but it is a great place to work.
Productive work environment
Powertrain Technician Level 1 (Current Employee), Menomonee Falls, WIApril 14, 2014
Productive while attempting to focus on safety. Continually improving processes while focusing on quality.
Great Brand, Amazing Customer Loyalty
Former employee (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 10, 2014
Pros: great brand, amazing customer loyalty
Being customer-led and carefully managing the brand are at the forefront of H-D every day.
great if you become a regular employee
cnc/set-up/operator (Current Employee), milwaukee wiMarch 18, 2014
Pros: decent pay for level 2 operators
Cons: not having chance for regular employment
no benifits for causual workers, no paid holidays or paid vacations,resentment from regular workers
Internship
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Naples, FLMarch 11, 2014
Great internship, would do it again. Learned alot from this internship
Interesting and exciting product and work
Senior Project Designer Current Product Group (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, Wi. 52222-1007February 25, 2014
Pros: interesting and exciting product.
Cons: long way to drive daily.
Have enjoyed working with the my managers and co-workers at Harley-Davidson. Being an avid Harley ride I have learned much about the product and gained more experience with PTC Creo and Windchill PDMLink.

1 2 3 4

About Harley-Davidson

Just like the V-Twin beats at the heart of every bike we produce, the Harley-Davidson culture strongly propels our company to – Read more