Harley-Davidson

Harley-Davidson Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The most enjoyable part of the job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 5, 2014
Working on an awesome team where everyone is willing to help one another be successful.
Harley Davidson
Quality Technician (Current Employee), York, PAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: hours
I've enjoyed work at HD and with all of the wonderful people I have met. They have given me an opportunity that will help me move towards a career.
Not the company it once was
Technical Training Instructor Lead (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 28, 2014
Pros: had some great experiences and great times
Cons: very poor work life balance, outsourcing, downsizing
Culture changed drastically as it became run by accountants. Lost a lot of good people. Some great managers there but they are outnumbered by bad managers.
Cool place to work at with fitness room and cafeteria
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee), Menomonee Falls, WIJuly 27, 2014
Pros: fitness room
Cons: no paid lunch
I liked the job in general but I did not like that I wouldn't receive any benefits.
Powertrain operator assembly review
Powertrain operator (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 12, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: long commute to work
A typical day at work would include assembling engines and transmissions on a 40+ hour work week. I learned many valuable lessons in my eight years of work. One being prioritizing, which I would place a high value on. I also learned to work within a very diverse population, which allowed me to build on my communication skills. I had a very positive – more... relationship with my managers. I did what was expected of me and that allowed us to have a very effective and efficient relationship. I also was able to communicate with my coworkers in a manner that allowed us to complete any task that was given. I would say the hardest part of my job would be not having all the available parts to complete an assembly, which could happen from time to time. I loved to go to work every day, so that allowed me to enjoy every aspect of my job. – less
Great Place To Work
Powder Coat Assembly Line / Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Menomonee Falls, WIJune 19, 2014
Pros: nice cafeteria
Cons: no air conditioning
Good Job
Good People
Safe Work Enviroment
I think Indeed is getting too deep with this information
Dressing Casually was a nice bonus!
Administrative Assistant Sr./Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 21, 2014
Pros: wearing jeans everday!
Cons: management styles changing a lot.
Harley-Davidson has a culture all it's own. It's still a corporation, but it is a great place to work.
Productive work environment
Powertrain Technician Level 1 (Current Employee), Menomonee Falls, WIApril 14, 2014
Productive while attempting to focus on safety. Continually improving processes while focusing on quality.
Great Brand, Amazing Customer Loyalty
Former employee (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 10, 2014
Pros: great brand, amazing customer loyalty
Being customer-led and carefully managing the brand are at the forefront of H-D every day.
great if you become a regular employee
cnc/set-up/operator (Current Employee), milwaukee wiMarch 18, 2014
Pros: decent pay for level 2 operators
Cons: not having chance for regular employment
no benifits for causual workers, no paid holidays or paid vacations,resentment from regular workers
Internship
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Naples, FLMarch 11, 2014
Great internship, would do it again. Learned alot from this internship
Interesting and exciting product and work
Senior Project Designer Current Product Group (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, Wi. 52222-1007February 25, 2014
Pros: interesting and exciting product.
Cons: long way to drive daily.
Have enjoyed working with the my managers and co-workers at Harley-Davidson. Being an avid Harley ride I have learned much about the product and gained more experience with PTC Creo and Windchill PDMLink.
Great company with long history of treating employees well
Director of Manufacturing Projects (Former Employee), York, PAFebruary 7, 2014
H-D manufacturing is on the journey toward world class, and all the employees who currently work there will benefit in the long run. The transformation is challenging but rewarding.
Enjoyed working here.
Material Planner Assistant (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WIFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: very good pay, benefits and work environemnt.
Cons: likes high employee change over.
Enjoyed working with with company and the people were great. Pay was very good and so was benefits. Room for advancement. The only bad thing is every few years they go through and clean out people. I got downsized.
The future is in their hands
Work Group Advisor III (Former Employee), York, PAJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: good salary and recognition
Cons: demanding work schedules
Our pride in Harley-Davidson drives our competitive advantage our work strengthens the brand and builds our future. We fulfill customer expectations and make the worlds sought after motorcycles. Our 100% commitment to the H-D continuous improvement system produces sustainable world class results. We communicate openly in real time and pro-actively solve – more... problems together. Together we create the future! – less
Senior Purchasing Engineer (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 25, 2014
Management culture change after the 100th Anniversary. Enjoyed the goal focus to reach the 100th anniversary milestone.
Rider education was a great challange
Sales/Riders Edge Program Manager (Former Employee), Ocala, FLJanuary 8, 2014
Schedule all activities to state requirements, reporting individual results to applicable concerned functions.
Diversity Department - Harley Davidson
Human Resources Intern-Diversity Department (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 7, 2014
I was responsible for supporting both internal and external diversity guidelines set by both HD and the government. I maintained relationships with outside vendors, coordinated both internal and external events. This was a great opportunity to learn about corporate culture and time management.
Wonderful place to work, learn, and mature.
GIS Help Desk Intern/GME Shop Floor Analyst (Former Employee), York, PADecember 20, 2013
Pros: was able to do what i loved, fix computers, full cafeteria, great food. federally observed holidays off.
Cons: time there cut short due to outsourcing
A typical day was walking to our desks, checking the help desk queue and dealing with walk up issues. I was able to apply my already known skills of computer hardware repair and computer applications troubleshooting. I was able to finally do this in a professional environment. My co-workers were not only great support, but great all-around people. They – more... were also all interns and we learned from each other. The hardest part was the multi-tasking. Times came around where there was a lot on our plates, but as a team, we solved every issue. The most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job was knowing that I was finally gaining professional experience in my passion. I was doing a job I loved and doing it well. – less
Overrated
Product Communication Project Manager (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 24, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: bad leadership
There are some good people there, but most leadership, especially in marketing, is arrogant, condescending and does not live up to the company values or brand legend.

1 2 3

About Harley-Davidson

Just like the V-Twin beats at the heart of every bike we produce, the Harley-Davidson culture strongly propels our company to – Read more

Harley-Davidson Photos