This is a salried position that involves three rotating shifts that cover the time period from 7:00AM until 6:00PM.
The prime dispatch role is to plan, schedule and dispatch company operations and equipment. There is a significant customer service responsibility.
The successful applicant must have a positive attitude and excellent communication skills, combined with the ability to work in a team environment or independently as the need arises.
This position requires solid computer and outstanding organizational skills. You must be a good problem solver with the definite ability to balance conflicting needs. You should be a multi-tasker as there will be interruptions from a number of sources and you will have to make changes on the fly. Above, all these tasks must be handled in a professional manner with skill and tact while maintaining your composure and sense of humour.
- Dispatches all truck traffic for Canada & USA
- Instructs warehouseman on proper loading order of trailers, and prepares daily driver schedule
- Schedules pick-ups and deliveries
- Set trucking routes
- Makes appointments
- Provides information to customers
- Traces trucks as necessary to provide information to customers
- Contacts Canadian & US customs brokers and border personnel as necessary
- Coordinates vehicle maintenance scheduling with the Maintenance Manager
- Answers telephones on driver and customer lines
- Communicates rates
- Keeps track of pallet documentation
- Completes freight damage reports
Harland Veinotte Ltd. is a third generation, privately owned, Ontario based carrier. Transportation Services include: LTL and Truckload...