JOB TITLE: Director of Operations
REPORTS TO: President
JOB GOAL: To position Hardiman Mount & Associates for optimum performance and future success by providing operational leadership so that products and services are delivered in alignment with the overall strategic direction and in support of the operating philosophy of the organization while driving sound financial performance and operational excellence.
- An understanding and strong commitment to HMA’s values, culture and unique identity
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards, high level of personal motivation, integrity and initiative
- University Degree in a related discipline (i.e. Business, Finance)
- Minimum of 8-10 years demonstrated leadership within Group Benefits and related products
- Professional and/or Industry-specific designation(s) considered an asset (i.e. CGA, CEBS)
- Experience with directing personnel while ensuring consistent program administration and fund-development is achieved
- Experience with revenue and expense planning with a solid track record of successes
- Proven ability to create and execute strategic and operational plans, programs, policies/procedures in accordance with regulations and community needs
- Excellent communication skills, ability to explain clearly
- Ability to understand and manage ideas and test plans
- Experience at the management/director level within the Insurance industry, with Group Benefits expertise considered an asset
- Deep expertise with management information applications and data within the Insurance industry
- Proven ability in developing a comprehensive professional network with key stakeholders both inside and outside the industry and community
- Intermediate skills using the MS Office Suite of products including Word and PowerPoint; Advanced skills in Excel would be considered an asset
1. Provides operational leadership, direction and support to optimize operational effectiveness, maximize staff engagement levels and enable the delivery of seamless and integrated services that meet all stakeholders’ needs.
2. In partnership with the President, creates and maintains the overall operational plan for HMA and ensures plans are harmonized with the unique organizational and local service conditions in which HMA operates.
3. Solicits input and feedback from HMA SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) to leverage the collective knowledge and experience of staff and to support a culture of inclusiveness.
4. Identifies areas of opportunity (in the marketplace and internally) for HMA and translates opportunities into strategy and sound tactical plans.
5. Participates as a contributing member on the HMA Leadership Team; represents and advocates for staff, as appropriate.
6. Role models leadership behaviors consistent with the values, culture and identity of HMA by providing accessible leadership, clarity on strategic objectives, and the development of strong working relationships.
7. Provides performance management feedback, coaching and support to staff in such a way as to promote two-way dialogue and to establish clear performance targets in line with HMA strategy and direction.
8. Ensures the appropriate training and development initiatives are identified and provided to drive staff competency, proficiency and in accordance and compliance with regulations and requirements of the industry.
9. Holds staff accountable to regulations, policies and directions.
10. Facilitates the annual budget planning process, tracks performance, makes sound financial decisions, meets targets, manages variances and ensures corrective action plans and best practices are implemented.
11. Manages to, and reports on key production, retention and financial measures that are cascaded and understood by all HMA personnel.
12. Ensures all information technology platforms (including the financial management structure and system) are fully functional, in compliance and meet the needs of HMA. Sets strategy on safeguarding and protecting the systems in place and plans for future needs, as appropriate.
13. Builds collaborative relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
14. Represents HMA at various team and group meetings, industry-specific and community events and when responding to concerns, interests and grievances.
15. Performs other duties as assigned including special assignments/projects in support of the President.
Salary and Benefits - To be determined based on skills and experience.
Indeed - 20 months ago
Established in 1984, Hardiman Mount & Associates is a family owned brokerage in Whitby Ontario. Specializing in Employee Benefits, HMA...