Hard Rock International

Hard Rock International Employee Reviews in Canada

Energetic and very fun place to work.
Front of the House Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 25, 2015
The nature of the restaurant business is anything but typical. While in this position, I learned how to motivate and lead a group. I learned to teach by doing the next right thing and leading by example. The GM who promoted me to management was inspiring. Even though he left the restaurant shortly after promoting me, his belief in me really helped me to succeed. The hardest part of that job was working under 3 different GM's in the time that I was there, and each time learning what was expected of me and adapting accordingly. The most enjoyable part of the job was how close all of the staff were. It was like one big happy family.
Pros
cash bonuses and free drinks after work.
Cons
very long hours and often working up to 2weeks (sometimes longer) without a day off.
Awesome and Productive working environment
LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Washington, ONAugust 28, 2015
This company is a great company for those culinary artist who wants to be mold not just by work ethics but also customer service in a manner way.
Diffrent
Security (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCJuly 30, 2015
Uneventful on day to day events or atmosphere, Great customer relations. Daily changing customer attitudes and views. High demand of performance and personality. Customer orientated invierment and communication.
Pros
Quiet
Cons
Conservative
Productive fun crew to work with
labourer (Former Employee) –  St. Albert ABJuly 4, 2015
I learned something new almost everyday. I did everything from carpentry and concrete to excavating and plumbing. While most of the jobs we did were private like back yards, we were occasionally subcontracted out to do jobs such as pouring concrete curbs for an up and coming sport chek. The management got along very well with the employees, often taking us out for lunch. The hardest part of the day would usually be right after lunch when it was the hottest but it wasn't a ridiculous workload so breaks were taken as needed.
Pros
free lunch, entertaining co-workers
Cons
long days, heavy lifting
Productive and fun workplace.
Bartender / Server (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONJuly 4, 2015
I hope to be able to go into a friendly environment work place. Where people like to work and get the job done and go above and beyond what they are asked to make the place always feel welcoming and well presentable. Where everyone gets along and its a enjoyable experience and you learn something new everyday and that the managers appreciate what a good job you are doing.
Pros
Being appreciated
Cons
Being disrespected
Perfect place to work in
Retail sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYApril 23, 2015
Awesome culture, perfect stuff, the job you are doing makes you happy as it is fun
Co- workers and staff was the best part! They are people you just enjoy working with
Great Company to work for
Supervisor/Sub-Contractor (Former Employee) –  richmond hillFebruary 28, 2015
Hardrock design is a landscape constructive company working residentially in the york region area. I had a great experience working with hardrock design.
Pros
learning while on the job
Cons
hard work, very physical
work outdoors in the elements, exciting and fast paced
steelman (Former Employee) –  Concord, ONFebruary 9, 2015
a typical day is hard on the body. it is good excercise, lifting heavy rebar repeatably.working with coworkers is the best part
Pros
good money
Cons
phisically demanding
Fast paced environment
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONNovember 18, 2014
Ensure employees are prepared and ready to do their jobs. Ensure prep is done. Make sure food is cooked properly and to spec.
good worker
Night Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONOctober 20, 2014
- Night Cleaner at the Hard Rock Café Niagara Falls

- Sweep, mapping, and polish the wood floors
- Cleaning Washrooms
- Polish Motorcycles
- Clean Vents
- Clean Guitars
- Polish Bronze
- Mop the Food Court

I am qualified for the position because of the experience I have had through the years, and fulfilling the duties assigned to me. I always give my best in every task to perform for the benefit of myself and the community in which I work and participate.
Wonderful Place to Work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONSeptember 13, 2014
It was pleasure working with a enthusiastic and highly motivated team. Management is really supportive and you do get recognized for your efforts.
Pros
free meals, free tshirts and 50% off in any other hardrock
Cons
old micros system, seasonal location
An environment where something is always happening.
Guest Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  2080 united blvd , CoquitlamAugust 12, 2014
A typical day at work is leading my team by example and helping out with any given situation that may arise. There are always promotions and shows in our theatre going on, which provides an excellent atmosphere among guests and workers. Hard Rock Casino is a fast paced environment and being able to multi task is a must. Co-workers are a mix of all races and ethnicities. Management is a group of individuals who have worked their way up through the ranks over a period of time. The hardest part of the job is to stay motivated, a lot of team leaders have been at the casino for years and have no motivational factor among employees. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping solve guests problems and putting smile on both guests and peers faces.
Pros
every day is different and faces it's own challenges.
Cons
shift work.
Overall a great experience
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONJune 12, 2014
As a part of my work I got to learn managerial skills. Team building and efficient ordering and team supervision.
Productive and Fun workplace.
Night Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONMay 24, 2014
Diversity of cultures, beautiful ladies, music and amusement always, is part of the Hard Rock Café culture.
Public Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Bavaro beach,Punta Cana Dominican RepublicMay 5, 2014
work in hard rock was a great experience for all that I learned during the two years I was part of that prestigious company

the team was very cooperative , understanding, friendly , competent in their duties, and always willing to go the extra mile in their functions, they are my second family ,

my responsibilities at Hard Rock, were clearly detailed by previous training and motivation from the management to always give the best to our guests , managing the timely and accurate information for the sole purpose of making our guests happy ,

The salary can always be more than what was received but was complemented by other benefits such as health insurance that covers 85 % of my medical expenses, 85% of dental insurance coverage, 100 % coverage on a rental apartment with 3 bedrooms 2 bathrooms fully furnished , cleaning and maintenance for the apartment , security guard 24 hours, free parking 24-hour, internet service included, transportation transportation to and from the hotel, food and beverage within my work schedule in my free time

For the good treatment and opportunity received ,l 'm very grateful to the company.

The only thing I did not like about my job was that there was no flexibility in the allocation of days free of employees, for example the rest of the hotel work 12 days and have 3 days or 24 days worked and go home for 6 days, but I was forced to go home 1 day one week and 2 days next week which is not enough time to go home to visit family because home is far from Bavaro town
Cons
no flexibility on my days off
Exciting work environment
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2014
Great place to work as a team.

All staff ( FOH, BOH and management ) all pulled together everyday to ensure a fun, successful business day.
its a fun atmosphere but the pay is minimum wage.
Server (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCJanuary 16, 2014
I work as a server at a lounge, if its the weekend (Friday, Saturday) it gets busy after 7pm then you might get tips from people. Any other day, it is really slow and you don't get many people in the lounge. Management tries really hard, its location is terrible and there is no transit or hotel for guests to stay there. Co-workers are fun and try hard to improve the atmosphere. Hardest part of the job is trying to find something to do and keep busy on slow periods. Most enjoyable is dealing with people there, some are really nice and make the time go by faster.
Pros
gain experience from working in a bar/lounge
Cons
the pay.
Fun and Exciting place to work!
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCJanuary 3, 2014
The experience I have had so far with working at Hard Rock Casino Vancouver is amazing! The people there are so outgoing and energetic its awesome! Easy people to talk to if you need help with anything and you can literally ask anyone for help. I love it there.
just like working in a safe environmet
Count team (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCDecember 3, 2013
physically and mentality tired but fun in the same time, constantly communicating with co works to get our work done for the shift, team work is always the key to this job. hardest part if when you are really tired and you have to put a smiling face to the customer. its always enjoyable working there. being with your co works knowing that they got your backs always.
Fun, relaxed, enjoyable atmosphere
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONAugust 30, 2013
Was a great summer job, relaxed & laid back atmosphere. I mainly worked nights, but occasionally I had lunch shifts as well.; i enjoyed both equally. I liked that there was always something to do, and new people to meet. I loved everyone that i worked with, and that we did things as a team to help one another.
Pros
staff discounts, friendly enviroment
Cons
not sure expected time to be off

Hard Rock International Reviews by Job Title