Hard Rock International Employee Reviews

Great benefits, good pay, boring job
Cage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC8 August 2016
Job as a cashier for hard rock casino is boring due to sitting in one spot at all time but it is easy and the benefits and pay is pretty good.
Pros
Good benefits and wage, good experience, easy job
Cons
Graveyards, boring
Hoorible
Dishwasher and Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON29 November 2016
they had no controll over anything and they would always run out of stufff, it was just a horrible place to work, couldn't even get in there without the kitchen smelling horrible.
Energetic and very fun place to work.
Front of the House Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 September 2015
The nature of the restaurant business is anything but typical. While in this position, I learned how to motivate and lead a group. I learned to teach by doing the next right thing and leading by example. The GM who promoted me to management was inspiring. Even though he left the restaurant shortly after promoting me, his belief in me really helped me to succeed. The hardest part of that job was working under 3 different GM's in the time that I was there, and each time learning what was expected of me and adapting accordingly. The most enjoyable part of the job was how close all of the staff were. It was like one big happy family.
Pros
cash bonuses and free drinks after work.
Cons
very long hours and often working up to 2weeks (sometimes longer) without a day off.
Productive fun crew to work with
labourer (Former Employee) –  St. Albert AB4 July 2015
I learned something new almost everyday. I did everything from carpentry and concrete to excavating and plumbing. While most of the jobs we did were private like back yards, we were occasionally subcontracted out to do jobs such as pouring concrete curbs for an up and coming sport chek. The management got along very well with the employees, often taking us out for lunch. The hardest part of the day would usually be right after lunch when it was the hottest but it wasn't a ridiculous workload so breaks were taken as needed.
Pros
free lunch, entertaining co-workers
Cons
long days, heavy lifting
Productive and fun workplace.
Bartender / Server (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON4 July 2015
I hope to be able to go into a friendly environment work place. Where people like to work and get the job done and go above and beyond what they are asked to make the place always feel welcoming and well presentable. Where everyone gets along and its a enjoyable experience and you learn something new everyday and that the managers appreciate what a good job you are doing.
Pros
Being appreciated
Cons
Being disrespected
drilled blast holes and leaned about loading explosives
Laborer (Former Employee) –  hampton new brunswick8 October 2015
great experience building my skills about machines and proper procedures when using explosives ,How to maintain machines so they don't break down and how to do simple repairs
Diffrent
Security (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC30 July 2015
Uneventful on day to day events or atmosphere, Great customer relations. Daily changing customer attitudes and views. High demand of performance and personality. Customer orientated invierment and communication.
Pros
Quiet
Cons
Conservative
good worker
Night Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON20 October 2014
- Night Cleaner at the Hard Rock Café Niagara Falls

- Sweep, mapping, and polish the wood floors
- Cleaning Washrooms
- Polish Motorcycles
- Clean Vents
- Clean Guitars
- Polish Bronze
- Mop the Food Court

I am qualified for the position because of the experience I have had through the years, and fulfilling the duties assigned to me. I always give my best in every task to perform for the benefit of myself and the community in which I work and participate.
its a fun atmosphere but the pay is minimum wage.
Server (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC16 January 2014
I work as a server at a lounge, if its the weekend (Friday, Saturday) it gets busy after 7pm then you might get tips from people. Any other day, it is really slow and you don't get many people in the lounge. Management tries really hard, its location is terrible and there is no transit or hotel for guests to stay there. Co-workers are fun and try hard to improve the atmosphere. Hardest part of the job is trying to find something to do and keep busy on slow periods. Most enjoyable is dealing with people there, some are really nice and make the time go by faster.
Pros
gain experience from working in a bar/lounge
Cons
the pay.
fun and challenging
Par time Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON24 January 2013
washing plates, silver, pan, knife by end of the shift clean up all the kitchen area then throw the garbage etc.of course this is not un easy job specially when summer time, most of the people having ther vacation, we to lots of customer coming in of coures if you lots customer you to work triple speed speed speed etc, but when it comes break time the will ask you what you want to eat the he will cook for you. the back hell kitchen again when thay aks this like this you what im sayin. its so hard to work by your self when lack of people but its its my choice and thats life what i have...(, ")ty
Pros
free lunch
Cons
30 break 1hr lunch
educative, enjoyable and freindly place to work
Supervisor / Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Port Colborne, ON12 April 2013
manage, repair and operate rock crushing equipment and heavy equipment.
learned everything from general clean up to operating heavy equipment to managing quarry operations.
management and co-workers were easy and enjoyable to work with.
hardest part of the job would have been maintenance to crushing equipment, extremely heavy parts and pieces to move and install.
most enjoyable part was working with co-workers and customers.
Pros
company vehicle usage, cell phone usage.
Cons
long hours, cold, hot, wet, dusty environment, outside work.
Awesome and Productive working environment
LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Washington, ON28 August 2015
This company is a great company for those culinary artist who wants to be mold not just by work ethics but also customer service in a manner way.
Fun, relaxed, enjoyable atmosphere
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON30 August 2013
Was a great summer job, relaxed & laid back atmosphere. I mainly worked nights, but occasionally I had lunch shifts as well.; i enjoyed both equally. I liked that there was always something to do, and new people to meet. I loved everyone that i worked with, and that we did things as a team to help one another.
Pros
Staff discounts, friendly enviroment
Cons
Not sure expected time to be off
just like working in a safe environmet
Count team (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC3 December 2013
physically and mentality tired but fun in the same time, constantly communicating with co works to get our work done for the shift, team work is always the key to this job. hardest part if when you are really tired and you have to put a smiling face to the customer. its always enjoyable working there. being with your co works knowing that they got your backs always.
Good professional company to work for.
Diamond Driller (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC22 May 2013
Professional Company. pays well. Good to work for. Seasonal work. Overall a decent company. No Benefits. Culture ( Mining ) values ( Keeping the client happy ) Job Security ( None ) Advancement ( Probably okay if they were active ) management ( Good ) Work ( Good when working ) life balance ( Too sporadic for life balance.
Pros
Good to work for
Cons
Not steady enough work.
An environment where something is always happening.
Guest Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  2080 united blvd , Coquitlam12 August 2014
A typical day at work is leading my team by example and helping out with any given situation that may arise. There are always promotions and shows in our theatre going on, which provides an excellent atmosphere among guests and workers. Hard Rock Casino is a fast paced environment and being able to multi task is a must. Co-workers are a mix of all races and ethnicities. Management is a group of individuals who have worked their way up through the ranks over a period of time. The hardest part of the job is to stay motivated, a lot of team leaders have been at the casino for years and have no motivational factor among employees. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping solve guests problems and putting smile on both guests and peers faces.
Pros
Every day is different and faces it's own challenges.
Cons
Shift work.
Great Company to work for
Supervisor/Sub-Contractor (Former Employee) –  richmond hill28 February 2015
Hardrock design is a landscape constructive company working residentially in the york region area. I had a great experience working with hardrock design.
Pros
learning while on the job
Cons
hard work, very physical
Wonderful Place to Work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON13 September 2014
It was pleasure working with a enthusiastic and highly motivated team. Management is really supportive and you do get recognized for your efforts.
Pros
Free Meals, Free Tshirts and 50% off in any other HardRock
Cons
Old Micros system, Seasonal location
Fun and Exciting place to work!
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC3 January 2014
The experience I have had so far with working at Hard Rock Casino Vancouver is amazing! The people there are so outgoing and energetic its awesome! Easy people to talk to if you need help with anything and you can literally ask anyone for help. I love it there.
Perfect place to work in
Retail sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NY23 April 2015
Awesome culture, perfect stuff, the job you are doing makes you happy as it is fun
Co- workers and staff was the best part! They are people you just enjoy working with

Hard Rock International Reviews by Job Title