Hard Rock International Employee Reviews

Room to Grow in Company
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC8 August 2017
Management was understaffed and possibly under-trained, but the room to grow in the company is amazing. You could move to multiple departments inside the company, and will be trained to work there. Employees seemed frustrated with management, due to under staffing.
Great company to work for, would be better if they had better understanding of the Canadian market.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2017
Long time employee only leaving due to closure of my location. Hopefully they can reopen somewhere soon! Very detail oriented and definitely more than the memorabilia.
Pros
Benefits, 50% discount, RRSP program. No glass ceiling.
Cons
Long hours, no continuity to shifts. Never sure if it's a nightclub, a bar, a family restaurant or a catering service.
Hard Rock Life
Server (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC21 March 2017
Overall I enjoyed my time at Hard Rock Casino Vancouver. The ability to change departments and expand in the company is great and rewarding.
I was a server in the Unlisted Buffett where I took drink orders and cleared tables in a timely fashion. A very fast paced but fun environment.
Most enjoyable part was getting to know the regulars and live music on the weekends.
Pros
live music
Cons
open 24 hours- night shifts
Productive workplace with helpful nice coworkers
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON15 January 2017
I enjoy working at the hard Rock, everyone is open minded and willing to help. They listen to all your ideas and account for them. They don't let you stray and treat you as if your family. The work environment is energetic but serious when need be, but are willing to have fun also.
Pros
Free lunches, great pay, caring coworkers, good management
Cons
Long hours at times
An overall expierience
SERVER & SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC2 January 2017
Working at the Hard Rock Casino was a very different experience. The people are wonderful, and I made a lot of good friends.
The hardest part would be working on all the holidays and not being able to get time off when you needed it.
Hoorible
Dishwasher and Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON29 November 2016
they had no controll over anything and they would always run out of stufff, it was just a horrible place to work, couldn't even get in there without the kitchen smelling horrible.
good company
WAITER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2016
good company to work, excellent team also interesting bcz always busy and keep good customer services quality,it was a good place to work, also good restaurant
Great benefits, good pay, boring job
Cage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC8 August 2016
Job as a cashier for hard rock casino is boring due to sitting in one spot at all time but it is easy and the benefits and pay is pretty good.
Pros
Good benefits and wage, good experience, easy job
Cons
Graveyards, boring
drilled blast holes and leaned about loading explosives
Laborer (Former Employee) –  hampton new brunswick8 October 2015
great experience building my skills about machines and proper procedures when using explosives ,How to maintain machines so they don't break down and how to do simple repairs
Energetic and very fun place to work.
Front of the House Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 September 2015
The nature of the restaurant business is anything but typical. While in this position, I learned how to motivate and lead a group. I learned to teach by doing the next right thing and leading by example. The GM who promoted me to management was inspiring. Even though he left the restaurant shortly after promoting me, his belief in me really helped me to succeed. The hardest part of that job was working under 3 different GM's in the time that I was there, and each time learning what was expected of me and adapting accordingly. The most enjoyable part of the job was how close all of the staff were. It was like one big happy family.
Pros
cash bonuses and free drinks after work.
Cons
very long hours and often working up to 2weeks (sometimes longer) without a day off.

Want to know more about Hard Rock International?

Ask a question
Awesome and Productive working environment
LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Washington, ON28 August 2015
This company is a great company for those culinary artist who wants to be mold not just by work ethics but also customer service in a manner way.
Diffrent
Security (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC30 July 2015
Uneventful on day to day events or atmosphere, Great customer relations. Daily changing customer attitudes and views. High demand of performance and personality. Customer orientated invierment and communication.
Pros
Quiet
Cons
Conservative
Productive fun crew to work with
labourer (Former Employee) –  St. Albert AB4 July 2015
I learned something new almost everyday. I did everything from carpentry and concrete to excavating and plumbing. While most of the jobs we did were private like back yards, we were occasionally subcontracted out to do jobs such as pouring concrete curbs for an up and coming sport chek. The management got along very well with the employees, often taking us out for lunch. The hardest part of the day would usually be right after lunch when it was the hottest but it wasn't a ridiculous workload so breaks were taken as needed.
Pros
free lunch, entertaining co-workers
Cons
long days, heavy lifting
Productive and fun workplace.
Bartender / Server (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON4 July 2015
I hope to be able to go into a friendly environment work place. Where people like to work and get the job done and go above and beyond what they are asked to make the place always feel welcoming and well presentable. Where everyone gets along and its a enjoyable experience and you learn something new everyday and that the managers appreciate what a good job you are doing.
Pros
Being appreciated
Cons
Being disrespected
Perfect place to work in
Retail sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NY23 April 2015
Awesome culture, perfect stuff, the job you are doing makes you happy as it is fun
Co- workers and staff was the best part! They are people you just enjoy working with
Great Company to work for
Supervisor/Sub-Contractor (Former Employee) –  richmond hill28 February 2015
Hardrock design is a landscape constructive company working residentially in the york region area. I had a great experience working with hardrock design.
Pros
learning while on the job
Cons
hard work, very physical
work outdoors in the elements, exciting and fast paced
steelman (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON9 February 2015
a typical day is hard on the body. it is good excercise, lifting heavy rebar repeatably.working with coworkers is the best part
Pros
good money
Cons
phisically demanding
Fast paced environment
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON18 November 2014
Ensure employees are prepared and ready to do their jobs. Ensure prep is done. Make sure food is cooked properly and to spec.
good worker
Night Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON20 October 2014
- Night Cleaner at the Hard Rock Café Niagara Falls

- Sweep, mapping, and polish the wood floors
- Cleaning Washrooms
- Polish Motorcycles
- Clean Vents
- Clean Guitars
- Polish Bronze
- Mop the Food Court

I am qualified for the position because of the experience I have had through the years, and fulfilling the duties assigned to me. I always give my best in every task to perform for the benefit of myself and the community in which I work and participate.
Wonderful Place to Work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON13 September 2014
It was pleasure working with a enthusiastic and highly motivated team. Management is really supportive and you do get recognized for your efforts.
Pros
Free Meals, Free Tshirts and 50% off in any other HardRock
Cons
Old Micros system, Seasonal location

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hard Rock International. Our community is ready to answer.