Hard Rock International

Hard Rock International Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good job great if you want to move up
Operations Manager (Current Employee), FloridaJune 8, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: late hours
Great company! You can move and stay with the same company. It's easy to get in touch with someone above you and they listen. Very good benefits.
Surprisingly disorganized corporate support center - culture not what you'd expect
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FloridaMay 29, 2014
Pros: the brand recognition
Cons: too many to name
The corporate culture is not what you'd expect from a company like Hard Rock. It is very political and corporate, and contrary to what people may think, not a fun place to work. Get ready to work harder than you've ever worked without any acknowledgement or appreciation or respect.
Such Potential, Such a Waste
Sales (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSMay 25, 2014
Pros: good pay, good benefits, interesting history
Cons: favoritism, no chance for advancement, toxic work environment
Starting work for Hard Rock was very exciting! Glitz and glam, a long interesting history, and a diverse culture.

I started at the very lowest sales position because there was nothing higher available, and I figured that with my background and history I would quickly meet people and find ways to move up inside the company.

Different days were always – more... hit-and-miss. Some were really fast paced, others were very very slow and long.

Their training method really left a lot to be desired. I spend a week training one-on-one with a manuel, but after all the training I still had to learn how to use all of the programs and things I needed to do my job on my own. I knew more than you can imagine about their history and culture though!

The management in this company really shocked me. It is the only company I have worked for where the management team (usually 5 or 6 managers) did very little themselves other than harbor and ENCOURAGE workplace hostility. Most days I never saw a manager after they clocked in unless they were coming to get someone to write up, which seems like something they are trained to do at the drop of a hat. Dispite the lack of responsibility on their parts to train and develop employees in a positive manner. Only one manager ever seemed to try and recognize their employees, and they were quickly shut down by others every single time.

All of the co-workers were amazing. Everyone knew how the managers were and just did their jobs and went home as fast as they could. There were a lot of people I saw come and go I would have given my hind teeth to have on any staff I've ever managed, but they would get run off faster than you could imagine. The favoritism and hostility bread by management makes it a very toxic work environment for it's employees, but their pay and benefits are far above those of comparable positions in other companies so people stick around.

The hardest part of the job was having to deal with it while trying to find another. Referring to the work environment as toxic is the nicest way I could think to put it. I found the most frusterating thing to be the lack of communication or cooperation from upper-management or corporate contacts. There is very much a "looking out for your own" mentality from their corporate office.

I did find the customers very enjoyable. The Hard Rock draws a very diverse and interesting crown from all over the world – less
Head of Security (Current Employee), Punta Cana Dominican RepublicDecember 11, 2013
They are open to new ideas to give the property a good vibe. I get to work with a great team who are great with our guests
"After you work here everywhere else will suck"
Franchise and Development Intern (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 19, 2013
Pros: great management, awesome work culture
Cons: little scope for growth
I really love this company. They mean everything that they say and it really is as fun as it looks.
Excellent company to work for, unfortunatley I only temped there.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 30, 2012
Pros: culture and work environment
Busy supporting the CMO and his direct staff. Management was wonderful. I enjoyed the people and the work atmosphere.
Fun work enviornment with
Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 21, 2012
An exciting headquarters that values employees and the brand. We have fun, but work hard to produce results to support the field. The most enjoyable is the growth in the position and the additional responsibility I've taken on in a short time.

About Hard Rock International

With over 179 venues in more than 54 countries around the world, including 140 cafes and 18 Hotels/Casinos, Hard Rock International – Read more