Harbour Hill Retirement Suites is seeking a Food Services Supervisor for their brand new Retirement Community in Goderich, Ontario.
We believe the individuality of each resident should be acknowledged and celebrated, and that each resident has the right to lead a unique and individual life within the Retirement Community.
We also believe that the activities and services we provide should promote and maintain each resident’s independence and/or enhance their capabilities; and in some cases, assist in restoring the abilities necessary for daily living.
As a Food Services Supervisor, you will plan, organize, direct and supervise all aspects of the Dietary Department’s operations and services within the community, to achieve compliance with all Ministry, Public Health and Community standards and requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manage day to day operations of the food services department, including hiring, leading and mentoring your team.
2. Create nutritious menus, monitor daily food preparation and inventory and maintain approved budgets. Prepare full course meals as per menu.
3. Co-ordinate and/or participate in staff development, quality assurance, and safety procedures.
4. Ensure compliance with public health guidelines and all other regulatory authorities.
5. Responsible for overseeing all aspects of Health and safety as it relates to food services staff.
6. Meet with residents regularly to discuss food preferences and needs.
7. Act as a role model and drive excellence in customer service
8. Communicate departmental activities, needs or concerns to General Manager promptly.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1. Two year diploma in food services, culinary arts or related field from a recognized college
2. Five Years experience in large volume food preparation environment in a retirement or hospitality environment
3. Food Handlers Safety Certificate
4. Knowledge of legislative regulations and policies related to food service practices
5. Supervisory skills to manage staff and resources. Human relation skills to achieve good interaction with residents, families and staff
6. Ability to work in a flexible environment to meet the needs of the residents, including weekend and holiday coverage as required
7. Computer proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook programs
8. Empathy and understanding for the needs of the older adult
Indeed - 9 months ago