Hapag-Lloyd, a major international steamship company specializing in the import and export transportation of containerized cargo, currently has an excellent opportunity available for a skilled Senior Manager, Port/Terminal Operations in Vancouver, BC.
Senior Manager, Port/Terminal Operations
You will assume responsibility for managing vessel/terminal operations in an efficient, productive and cost effective manner. This key leadership role will see you act as the local representative for all port/vessel operations including sitting on various committees and associations. You will also be called upon to provide guidance and leadership to the operations department.
- Coordinate with the vessel planner, corporate operations and terminal operators to load and discharge vessels
- Manage orders for labour such as stevedores or pilots
- Appoint and monitor any port sub-agents
- Approve invoices and expenses related to vessel costs
- Ensure accurate and timely SAP work-order creation
- Analyze port costs and ensure effective cost control
- Act as the point of contact for: allocation, product management, planning, dwell times, general port inquires and dangerous goods issues
- Ensure vendors adhere to contractual obligations
- Maintain local contact with all vendors impacting the handling of vessels and review/recommend opportunities for improvement
- Ensure that all governmental regulations and company policies are adhered to
- Manage, train and motivate staff
Skills & Qualifications
- Previous experience in a supervisory or managerial role
- Minimum of five years’ related industry experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational abilities
- Able to work independently
If you qualify for this position and wish to apply, please submit your resume to Human Resources by e-mail or by fax 514-934-5107.
We are an equal opportunity employer.