Paralegal / Legal Assistant Position
Hansen & Company is seeking an intermediate level Legal Assistant/Paralegal to join our team. This is a full time position which requires every second Saturday of work
- The successful candidate will provide administrative and secretarial support to the responsible lawyer. The candidate will also be expected to provide support to other administrators and assistants in the firm.
- Preparing confidential legal documentation, including various types of legal agreements, memoranda, letters and other correspondence, presentations and legal retainers.
- File management, including opening and closing of legal files within PC LAW for which training will be provided, preparation of briefing notes and maintaining electronic and physical files by organizing documents, correspondence and other materials on an ongoing basis
- Other general administrative tasks may be assigned
Candidate Profile & Qualifications
- A Legal Assistant diploma or certificate (Equivalent Education will be considered)
- Prior experience with a law firm would be as asset
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and document management systems are essential
- Effective team player, with a proven ability to perform well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently
Indeed - 13 months ago