We require an experienced Purchasing Manager to lead the procurement of materials and services to support the building of industrial equipment projects for clients around the world. This position reports to the Director of Operations and will have responsibility for sourcing decisions, supplier negotiations, supplier contracts and materials flow.
We are looking for someone with
- 10 years of extensive hands-on purchasing experience in a custom engineering and equipment build-to-order environment
- Competence reviewing technical drawings and specifications, and providing guidance to our design team on available materials and working capabilities of suppliers in pursuit of best solutions.
- Seasoned strategist with demonstrated successes negotiating Purchase Order terms & conditions, Purchase contracts and supplier management of NCR charge-backs.
- Demonstrated grasp of technical design/build challenges in the manufacture of industrial equipment along with success stories about advancing ‘best in class’ Purchasing effort with specific focus on cost saving
- Strong knowledge and working relationships with southern Ontario suppliers of structural steel, plate steel, fabrications, machining services, blasting, painting, heat treating and all manner of electrical
- First hand procurement, logistics and customs experience with US, European and Chinese suppliers of electrical, hydraulic and mechanical components and assemblies.
- Disciplined hands-on achiever that can navigate through RFQ and PO process steps effectively thus enabling timely delivery of parts to production stakeholders.
- Strong negotiator and relationship builder that can leverage an already strong ASL portfolio and generate consistent improvement. Success stories building a solid supplier base.
- Experience managing inventory flows and reorder activities in an ERP and ISO9001 environment.
- Candidates with university or college education and purchasing accreditation will be given preferential consideration.
- Above average abilities with Microsoft excel.
- Strong interpersonal style and effective communicator
- Dependable, committed, positive ‘can do’ attitude, team player without ego
We ask that you submit a 150 word summary of why you believe you are the right person for this role along with your resume when applying for this position.
Indeed - 8 months ago
copy to clipboard