Hampton Inn

Hampton Inn Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great hotel to stay at. Very clean and employees are wonderful.
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee), Solon, OHFebruary 4, 2014
I learned the ins and outs of the hotel business here. This hotel has 103 rooms and my biggest responsibility was to inspect each room every day. My biggest challenge there was to receive a high score on the Quality Assurance Inspections. I reached my goal by helping the hotel to receive an Outstanding mark for the Quality Assurance Inspection.
great team to work with and a very fun enviroment
Lounge Bartender (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: some long hours sometimes
Wonderful benefits, great team to work with, good pay for the level of job you perform. Also room to grow with in.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Front Desk Clerk/Receptionist (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: breaks anytime we need them, extra hours, great supervisors
Cons: no direct deposit
A typical day working at The Hampton Inn is basically going in to a job that has a steady pace work environment. There's nothing hard about any of the work, the employees get along quite well and helps each other at any time. There is really nothing hard about working as a house keeper or as the front desk clerk. The most enjoyable part of my job is – more... interacting with the guests who come to stay with us. They are all so friendly and polite, which makes it easier for us. We have a relationship of some type with a handful of guests who stay with us quite often. I actually love my job. – less
Not culture enviroment.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: free game tickets/ discount rooms
Cons: n/a
The Hampton Inn Dt, should be in a better shape and fashion. Needs better customer service and employees. Need respect and loyalty within the business...
My first JOB
Front Desk Clerk/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Decatur, ALJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: hotel manager was a great boss who had confidence in me
Cons: owners of the hotels
My day was filled with reservations, check ins/outs, banquets/meetings, training, deposits, inventory and lots of paperwork. A hotel is definitely a place to learn about customer service. I can't count how many different situations I dealt with in the time frame that I worked at these hotels. It starts from the moment you answer the phone or someone – more... approaches the counter. You give them what they want at the price they want and if anything goes wrong you have to make it all better.

The boss that I had at this age kind of spoiled me for the rest of my working life. My boss did his job well and expected everyone from the front desk staff to the maintenance workers to do the same. He was also a lot of fun and goofy and didn't mind us to "goof around" as long as the job was getting done. My coworkers and I followed his laid back attitude, which made our shifts more enjoyable.

Like I said earlier a hotel is the place to learn great customer service skills. To be able to stand there and listen to someone talk so unkindly to you and keep your composure takes a lot of willpower at some point. On the other hand you meet interesting people as well. I still remember one of my first extended stay guests. He was in the hotel for 2-3 weeks and was an illustrator. His room was scattered in dinosaur bones for a new book he was doing. I believe that the front desk staff made it bearable for him to be away from home for such a long period of time. When his stay was coming to an end he gave me an autographed copy of "The Flag We Love" which he illustrated and I still have that book to this very day.

Not everyone has a good day everyday and there were times I wasn't the best I could've been. It might have been because of something that happened before work or during work that took a little time to get over. Or maybe someone else was having the bad day and it rubbed off and took away from having a good day. But looking back during my time with this company I have more fond memories than negative and I think that makes every bit of it worthwhile. – less
For life friendships
Overnight Guest Service Agent / Night Auditor (Former Employee), Bonita Springs, FLJanuary 26, 2014
That was over 10 years ago! I did make some life long friends.
Nice place to work, loved the job. The guests were happy with my work
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Heath, OHJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: free food sometime
Cons: hours were not long enough
Arrived at work, assembled my cart, talked to management, and reviewed assigned floor. Co workers easy to get along with and the most enjoyable part of my day was seeing the guests happy with how clean the room was.
Fun and nice
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), Salem, VAJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: great health benfits and life insurance policy
Cons: not always home when you want to be.
Its a very busy hotel durning the spring and summer time, but slow durning the the winter months. We are located near a hospital. We have many restaurants that is near by for our guest to find.
I have a great boss
Its a great place to work.
I have met alot of people from all over the country. I have met alot of people have touch my heart and will aways – more... thank them for always being so kind.
The hardest part of my job is not always being home with my son. I'm a single parent and its rough not being home at nights. But the work place is nice. – less
Independently owned. Personable working environment.
❸ Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Flagstaff, AZJanuary 25, 2014
Close relationship between owners, management, and employees. "Homey" work environment. Inviting workplace.
A great place to work but no benefits available
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Winter Haven, FLJanuary 24, 2014
Cons: no healthcare
I truly enjoy my position and I am a true team worker. I love to interact with regular and new guests.
Hampton Inn is a nice place to work
Internship (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 24, 2014
I did my Internship there and the Staff was excellent. I learned a lot and because of the experience feel quite confident at working the Front Desk.
Where I started
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 22, 2014
This was not my first hotel position but this is where I knew that this is what I wanted to do. I had a great management staff that knew a lot and taught me.
I got to work all the shifts and learn what it took to be in a supervisory position.
Housekeeping/Food Service/Dietary
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Muncie, INJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: rooms discounts
Cons: no break
Housekeeping/Supervisor/Food Prep

Clean rooms and cook food
Good place to work sometimes and with diversity
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee), Medina, OHJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: hung out with fun people, meet new people
Cons: no healthcare benefits, no lunch breaks, management was always changing
People who worked there were a lot of fun, but there were some who just came in, did what they do, and left. Management was always changing and never stable.
Productive work
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLJanuary 18, 2014
Work at your own pace, helping people who stay for a few days.
Best hotel in the area, proud to be part of the team, will always missed it
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee), Banning, CAJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: the workers are like a one big family
Cons: the pay never changed
Worked with my team of housekeepers, checked rooms, helped with laundry, checked public areas, assisted front desks sometimes, meet with general manager and sales manager to get information and arrenged the upcoming events that affect the housekeeping department. Verify completed rooms and evaluated housekeepers performance.
I learned to be effective – more... on stressful situations. The general manager/mentor allowed me to expand further than just housekeeping
I was able to learned and supervised other departments and also acquire a lot of experience in the hotel management area.
My co worker were very cordial I was always treated with respect and appreciation.
The harder part of the job used to be when we had to refused guests due to problems with the rooms or couldn't accomodated guest requests.
The most enjoyable part when the guest appreciated the housekeepers efforts to made them fill like home – less
productive
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Linden, NJJanuary 17, 2014
busy place, learned different things like the computer systems, front desk, kitchen, housekeeping and a little bit of maintenance.loved my coworkers got along with all of them the hardest part of the job was not knowing what to expect from the guest. some where great some would just complain about anything to get a free night. other then that I enjoyed – more... my job. – less
Customer Service Specialist
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Barstow, CAJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: loved working at the hotel and meeting people.
Cons: my manager was not a nice person, very rude and mean to employees that did their best. very hard to work with insecure people.
Enjoyed meeting and dealing with new people everyday. Worked hard everyday to be the best Assistant Manager and helped in all that I could. Reliable and Dependable.
Review
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee), Johnson City, NYJanuary 16, 2014
I answer phones, greet/interact with guests and vendors, check guests in/out, balance the cash drawer, create/cancel reservations.
VERY FUN PLACE TO WORK
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee), Ocean City, MDJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: good managment
SANDY HILL IS CLOSED DOWN BUT IT WAS A NICE PLACE TO RENT A ROOM CLEAN FRIENDLY AND WE LAUGHED AND HAD OUR WORK DONE ON TIME THIS WAS A VERY GOOD PLACE TO WORK.

About Hampton Inn

Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus/Polaris is owned and operated by Buffalo Lodging Associates, LLC, a hotel development & – Read more

Hampton Inn Photos