Hampton Inn
1,043 reviews

Hampton Inn Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and exciting place to work!
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: good work hours, and had employee rate benefits
Cons: no insurance benefits, not always 40hrs of work a week
My typical day consisted of helping guests with their everyday needs. I learned proficient computer and communication skills. Management was very good and I had a very enjoyable time working here. The hardest part of the job was staying awake during the night audit. The most enjoyable part was meeting all sorts of people from all around the world while on the job.
not so good
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Copley, OHJanuary 5, 2015
this was once a good place to work. after a while it got very bad could not work there anymore
Although hectic at times, a relatively good place for employment
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Gulf Breeze, FLJanuary 4, 2015
Having been employed by the Hilton brand family for the past almost 4 years, I have found that the loyalty from our guests is an awesome factor. Have learned many valuable lessons during my tenure with this brand of hotels.
Great place to work for part time employment
FRONT DESK CLERK (Current Employee), Swedesboro, NJJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: employee discount rate
Cons: no breaks
Great place to work for part time employment, working environment can be hostile at times but for the most part, it's an ok place to work. Co workers need to mature a little, the hardest part of the job is dealing with the co workers, most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people.
I REALLY LIKED MY JOB !!!!!
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Texas City, TXJanuary 3, 2015
LOVED MY JOB EXCEPT WHEN JEALOUSY CAME IN TO THE BIULDING!! BUT OVER ALL IT REALLY IS A FUN AN LOVING PLACE TO WORK FOR..EVERYBODY DIDN'T GET ALONG BUT FOR THE MOST PART IT IS OUR JOB.
Productive An Fun Workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Dubuque, IAJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: uniforms provided, aloud to have beverage on cleaning carts, tips
Cons: short breaks an no health care
A typical day at the Hampton required a meeting before the start of each shift which entailed discussions of how many rooms you where responsible for that day an things to be aware of throughout the day weather it was performance or complaints from customers. After finishing job requirements you where then expected to assist co-workers until all rooms where complete an ready for occupation. You where then responsible for stocking the cleaning carts for following days work an empty all garbage on premises.

At the Hampton Inn I learned how to properly make a bed, dust, vacuum an prepare a room for guest in a professional manor.

The co-workers at the Hampton Inn where welcoming, friendly an helping when it came to the job requirements expected.

The hardest part of the job at the Hampton Inn was having hours that varied on a daily basis based on the amount of rooms sold at the time.

The most enjoyable part of working at the Hampton Inn was working first shift an having evening off to be home with my family.
nice people and enviroment
Front Desk attendant (Former Employee), Saint Charles, MOJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: meeting/greeting new people
Cons: tool long time for promotions
loved meeting new people everyday and was happy to be there would love to have stayed management
Fun place to work, located on the BEACH
Housekeeping & Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee), Pensacola Beach FL.December 30, 2014
Pros: discount on rooms. within company!!
Cons: work hard to play hard!
Very fast paced! (summertime) Learned something new everyday! Co-workers are great team players!
Accommodating and very friendly.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Mount Juliet, TNDecember 28, 2014
Pros: meeting new people and friendly attitudes.
Cons: short breaks, irate customers, shorted drawers.
A typical day here at Hampton would be meeting new people and dealing with either easy or difficult situations as they came along. I learned how to work in the line of retail, handled money more and became more open to meeting new people. Our employees here at the hotel were a great team. We worked very hard together to ensure the guests stay were fun, affordable and safe. The hardest part about working here would be when it became very fast pace. Of course it was all handled accordingly, but when the rush of people would come in at the same time as well as answering phone calls it would become a little hectic. Although we did it all with a smile on our faces and apologizing for the wait. The most enjoyable part about this job was meeting new people. Interaction with others to me is what life is all about. Being that helping hand whenever someone needs it is more rewarding than money.
workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Kansas City, MODecember 27, 2014
Pros: 3 breaks
Cons: healthcare
i learned that its nothing more enjoyable than making room feel like home to guest
very nice place to work
Night Auditor (Current Employee), GADecember 26, 2014
I worked in Night Shift as a night auditor but few times I handle Front desk too.
management team very great .they always support me to learn new thing as I never work in Front Desk. They put great efforts to teach me.
Exciting and Challenging place to work
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Biloxi, MSDecember 26, 2014
Pros: see new faces, ever changing guests, management not watching you every second, not too stressful
Cons: no real breaks
To see new faces everyday and to also see the loyal guests was the highlight of the day. In a hotel issues will arise and some of them are out of this world crazy but you handle them the best way you can and be sure to call the manager then you'll be fine.
A pleasant and fast paced enviroment.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INDecember 25, 2014
A day would consist of cleaning eight to twelve vacant rooms, and laundry pick up of dirty occupied rooms. Management was pleasant and seemed to care for their employees.The employees were friendly and the managers were willing to dig in and help whenever necessary.
Good Place
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee), Urbana, ILDecember 20, 2014
Overall, a nice place to work. Very flexible with easy going managers and staff members. The pay was reasonable for the work that was being done. It was a good place to network with all the different kinds of people coming through. Many regulars that stayed were very pleasant, as well.
easy
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Ringgold, GADecember 20, 2014
nice laidback job. Get to meet new people every day Good management
i loved this job
Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 19, 2014
i enjoyed working with this company. there are some good people that work there.
Very high turnover and meet new people everyday
Engineer (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 18, 2014
It's very fast pace team where you learn new things everyday. you deal with people from all walks of life.
Great opportunities
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Covington, LADecember 18, 2014
Great management team workers, taking care and overseeing proper procedures in reservations and housekeeping getting rooms cleaned and ready on a proper timely schedule.
Learned alot
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 17, 2014
Pros: a lot of guidence
Cons: little room for growth
Co-workers are very nice
worked hard but with little micro management
Unjust, Unfair
Housekeeper (Former Employee), College Station, TXDecember 16, 2014
Pros: overtime, short days, potluck
Cons: overtime, timed, long days
Cleaning rooms, making beds, cleaning bathrooms was all I did at this job. Constantly cleaning after people was the hardest part of this job. Rooms had to be cleaned in a certain amount of time no questions asked. If rooms were really messy they took longer to clean but management called that an "excuse for working slow". In arguments with co-workers, one manager often took the side of the worker of her own race without even bothering to hear what I had to say. Other managers, including store manager, Often told me I took thing out of perspective. Often they would also add what they called "small jobs" to do after our work was done, these "small jobs" were not in the original job description. Worked varied from 5-6 days a week or 6-10 hours a day. The best part of this job was going home and the monthly potluck.

About Hampton Inn

Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus/Polaris is owned and operated by Buffalo Lodging Associates, LLC, a hotel development & – Read more