Hampton Inn

Hampton Inn Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It was ok
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Dyersburg, TNJuly 31, 2014
The company needs benefits for families who are loyal to the company
Good Job
Front Desk/Night Auditor (Current Employee), PrincetonJuly 31, 2014
I enjoy Working the desk at the Hampton Inn. my co workers are friendly, The work is fun. I get to meet thousands of people from different parts of the country. the hardest part of the job is staying up all night. Over all this is possibly one of the best jobs i have had.
housekeeping up and down battle.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Maple Grove, MNJuly 31, 2014
Pros: tips, great staff, hotel discounts.
Cons: down time waiting on a late check out, trashed rooms.
my overall experience was 50/50. great team had fun. But late check outs can be a pain and when a guest stayed a night in a wonderful clean hotel and trash the place and receives no charge for the damage they cause can get under your skin.
productive
Guest Services (Current Employee), Monticello, ARJuly 30, 2014
Pros: networking
Cons: there by myself the whole night
Great job! I start my day off counting the drawer and checking people in to their rooms. I normally work the evening shift so I get to interact with the guest more.
good pt job
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Liverpool, NYJuly 28, 2014
good job for pt income, first job or extra cash, not a good job for someone seeking fulltime income.
I work at night but would rather interact with guest more often
Night Auditor (Current Employee), Lebanon, KYJuly 27, 2014
Pros: regular work
Cons: part time, no vacation, worked alot of hrs
At the Hampton Inn I work two shifts throughout the week. The first shift is from 11 p.m. - 7 a.m. This is the shift I usually have to most problems with simply because I am a morning person and I don't do well with them. This shift has taken its toll. Also some of the work like laundry seems mindless. In retail I am use to being creative by merchandising – more... product or addressing the importance of a product to customers. At the Hampton Inn I work alone and its not everyday that someone is checking in that late. The lack interaction is my most valuable disappointment, but when given the opportunity I am at my best. The 3 p.m. - 11 p.m. shift is a lot better because it is busy with check in and I get to make sure the guest are happy. I still work alone and I need as much interaction as possible. – less
Great place.
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee), Midwest City, OKJuly 26, 2014
great place to work, although there is no oppurtunity for advancement. the management is great and always makes you feel comfortable.
Productive & Fun great place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Huntsville, AlJuly 25, 2014
Pros: great christmas bonus
Cons: long sundays hour
Willing grest place to work,g great benfits loving staff, i learned that some days would be harder then there, Managemnet was some time hard to deal with cause they didnt want to listern to your ideas, you had some good co-worker then you had the one that thought they new ever thing, hard apart about my job was the long day we had to work on Sundays. – more... But over all i love work for the company if you willing want look at it they treated us fairly well. – less
Productive, Fast-Paced, Friendly Atmosphere
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee), Raynham, MAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: free luncheons
Cons: short breaks and customer pile-ups
-Typical work day is fast paced, in and out guest and swift check-ins.
-I've learned patience is key and to always have a clear mind at work.
-Management here is a blessing, they are all always calm and collective, they make it so much easier to work at our hotel.
-My co-workers are the best, they make it so much easier for me to always keep my cool – more... at work.
-The hardest part of my job is dealing with the very angry customers all at once, but I always pull through.
-The most enjoyable part of my day is filling out my paperwork. – less
Fun enviornment. Nice people.
House Person (Current Employee), Neptune City, NJJuly 24, 2014
My co workers are very fun and helpful. The job is not very hard to do. I like the people that the company caters to.
starter job
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Corsicana, TXJuly 23, 2014
The hotel was a very good place to start out at. Great first time job. The management was decent.
Dysfunctional yet successful and respected local hotel
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Buckhannon, WVJuly 22, 2014
The Hampton Inn at Buckhannon was operated by a single GM. She was capable but often preoccupied. The majority of staff at the Hampton is related to management by marriage and/or blood.
The employees not related to the general managers immediate family are life long family friends, with only 1-2 exceptions to this rule at any given time. The close relations – more... of employees made a somewhat cluttered and dysfunctional work place but ultimately they were honest and fair with their guests resulting in a respected reputation and loyal guest following. – less
Great exposure to the Customer Service
Guest Service Manager (Current Employee), Newark, NJJuly 21, 2014
Pros: travel benifits
Cons: helth care plans
Wonderful brand to work for along with many options to change positions and growth
nice hotel
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Monticello, ARJuly 14, 2014
check people in and out of rooms on a daily. put information into the computer, clean front lobby, answer phone and email, fax
Enjoyed working there. Fun place.
Operations Manager/Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARJuly 14, 2014
Pros: able to learn about sales. very busy.
Cons: not a lot of team work.
Enjoyed working there. Learned a lot about Hilton and the Hampton brand.
movies are the best
Front desk receptionist (Current Employee), Morristown, TNJuly 12, 2014
i miss working here this was my first job. i loved that i got to see free movies
Extremely fast paced
Night Auditor (Current Employee), Milan, TNJuly 10, 2014
A typical day at Chick-fil-a was very busy. I believe it to be one of the most busy fast food restaurants I have come across. Something different about chick-fil-a than most restaurants is that we pride ourselves on not acting like a fast food restaurant. Great customer service was mandatory. We waited on guest at the tables, we greeted them at the – more... door and we tried to provide there food within a 3 minute time span. My Co-workers were amazing and so was management. This was the job that got me throughout high school. Although it was very fast paced it had its rewards. I was taught how to work in a quick environment, fight through adversity, and to interact with customers. The hardest part of the job was trying to make sure every customer was satisfied when there were so many. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to be out on the floor and mingling with customers. – less
The beginning
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Waterbury, CTJuly 8, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: small pay rate
Strengthened company's business by leading implementation of great Guest Service and developed department's first incentive performance plan which motivated staff and resulted in SALT score increase by 50%. Trained, coached and mentored staff to ensure smooth adoption of Hilton Brand Standards. Developed and rolled out new policies as well as hired – more... new staff when needed.
*Supervised, instructed and directed work activity of all front desk agents
*Responsible for day to day operations of front desk including associate recruitment and retention, training and development and strict adherence to Hilton Guest Service Standards.
*Insured liaison with: General Manager, Maintenance, Housekeeping to contribute to smooth front desk operations and help achieve company’s objective.
*Instrumental in revenue management process and setting rates to maximize revenue potential.
*Strong involvement in accurate forecasting and budgeting taking into consideration local economic development.
*String involvement in Sales and Marketing
*Responsible for AR billing and settling of all the accounts and maintaining customer relations with the companies for future planning. – less
work load
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 8, 2014
Pros: discounts on lunch, discounts on rooms, fun on the job.
Cons: no benefits
the work load is not so strenuous. good job for students, or young adults that have no children and not much to be responsible for.
Its ok
Assistant Housekeeper (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLJuly 8, 2014
great vibe, wonderful workplace, clean rooms, great staff.
if u cant handle pressure plz dont apply.

About Hampton Inn

Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus/Polaris is owned and operated by Buffalo Lodging Associates, LLC, a hotel development & – Read more

Hampton Inn Photos