Hampton Inn

Hampton Inn Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
it was an experience
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 3, 2013
Pros: learned customer service
Cons: people talking about things that should not be in the work environment
my typical day at work was coming in and get your cart to start cleaning the rooms that was assigned. If the carts were not stocked you had to restock them yourself with shampoos, conditioners, body was, body soap, towels etc and all the necessities that a room is required to have. I also had to vacuum, change sheets and just basically do what a housekeeper does to make sure the room is nice and tidy for the customers. Management was not so good, everyone was always fighting about something when i was working. My co-workers were individually great sweet people but like to talk behind peoples back to much, but thats life and thats jus what happens sometimes, you have to roll with the punches to get a pay check. Most enjoyable part of working i would have to say is learning the knowledge of becoming a better cleaner and more experienced so you can progressively work faster and be more accurate to details. It could also let you keep your job and let you get paid better. I also liked the work out and knowing that i did a days hard work.
Good work site but no flexibility.
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Winnipeg, ManitobaOctober 3, 2012
Pros: we got the left-overs from breakfast or lunch.
Cons: hours wasn't flexible, unlike other hotel chains.
A typical day working at Hampton Inn was hard and phyically demanding. We changed the linens, towels, soap, coffee, tea, cups and everything that needed to be changed or to be replaced with clean and washed material. What I learned from working with Hampton Inn hotel was, it takes 15 minutes(20 minutes max.)to clean one room with 2 beds. Also, I learned how to clean the dining area and the stairs area of a hotel. The management was okay, would of been better if the manager hired two people per room and not one. For this reason, I lost 5 pounds within one and a half weeks working there. What if a pregnant woman was working there? Now you can paint the picture. But, the co workers were really friendly and helpful when you needed it. Overall, I enjoyed cleaning the rooms, helping guests with anything they needed and also cleaning.
Fast paste , Physical work, Fun
House Keeper (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONDecember 8, 2014
Every day I would come into work about a half hour before we started so I could prepare for a busy day or a short day, my day would consist of 9 to 17 rooms a day, I had to have every hotel room that was on my board done by 3pm everyday. My manager was awesome I really enjoyed working with her, she had a positive attitude when she was at work. My co-workers were great to work with even though we were doing the rooms ourselves if some were done before others they would help whoever needed help to finish.
The hardest part of the job was getting the duvet covers on each bed it was difficult, it had to be done a certain way or it wouldn't fit. My most enjoyable part of this job would have been my co-workers and my supervisors they were just great energetic fun people to work with.
Great staff very friendly makes coming to work easy and fun
Housekeeper (Former Employee), London OntarioOctober 8, 2015
Pros: Great Staff
Cons: Sometimes very messy rooms
Would work 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday I would come in get my board with my assigned Rooms and would get my cart that would be stocked from other day I wold clean about 14 to 16 rooms a day If I was done I would go and help out other staff or clean the public areas or even help out in Laundry. I was trained to be a housekeeper supervisor to fill in on the days the Head supervisor was off or not in.
I would then assign rooms check rooms and do inventory if needed.
I worked with a great group of girls who all made work fun and easy going along with great supervisors. The hardest part of the day would be if someone called in and you got 20 rooms to get done
I love to clean to I loved my job I would still be working there if I didnt move out West
Great Job Culture, Poor Management
Front Desk & Night Audit Staff (Current Employee), Barrie, ONJune 8, 2015
Pros: Great job culture, Great environment
Cons: Lack of communication with management, low hours
The Job culture with the "Hamptonality" program is excellent. You feel empowered to do many things for the hotel guests and are rewarded for solving an issue, you are given freedom to make a judgement call without being penalized over said judgement call.

Management isn't as good. It is very poorly organized and there is a lack of communication from management to employees.

They focus well on the incentives and when new things come through, but they don't seem to care about the employees unless we are 100% making them money.

Concerns go unheard, and the hours are low.
Productive and fun work place.
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Moncton, NBApril 2, 2013
Pros: management
Cons: not enough hours
Cleaning anywheres from 12 to 14 rooms a day.
How other people live at home.
Management was really good.
Co-worker were nice, easy to get a long with most.
Hardest part of the job was to make sure that nothing was forgotten.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was keeping busy throughout the day.
Always a fun place to be
Guest Services Agent & Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABJune 8, 2015
Pros: Free breakfast
Cons: Slow periods during the year
It is always amazing having so many returning guests and seeing the same faces every week. The guests become like family and you create a special bond which makes them come back so often. The staff is also like family too.
friendly welcoming workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee), North Bay ONOctober 16, 2014
loved working here the managers were supportive fair and so friendly.Best job i have had everyone i worked with was so awesome to work with and so welcoming to me when i first started working. Hardest part of my job was that at the end of the day i was exhausted but the day always went by fast and i loved cleaning for the Hampton.
Great family atmosphere with lots of kind regular guests.
Front Desk / Bell Person (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 4, 2014
I really enjoyed the dynamic of working with the Hampton Inn as this was my first actual hotel job. It helped me gain the experience necessary to move forward in my career with Hospitality.
Loved this job
Housekeeping, Breakfast, Receptionist (Former Employee), Elliot Lake, ONJune 12, 2015
Pros: great company to work for
I loved working at the Hampton. I am very much a people person s this job was very well fit for me. I loved working the front desk reception getting to know the regular customers and being the front line to the customers.
A rather unfair location for a hotel
Maintenance Manager, Banquet Mgr., Shuttle Driver (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJuly 31, 2012
Pros: friendly staff and good hours
Cons: poor management
Great place to work when it comes to helping guests with their needs.
good exprience for manage the strees
Room attendant (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 6, 2015
very happy with all the co-worker and hard with some employees when i trained them from the beginning. but they are excellent employees now . i am happy /
Something Different Everyday
Front Office Manager (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 7, 2014
It was a great place to work. The staff are like a family. I loved going to work and meeting people from all over the world.
This job isnt for everyone
HOUSEKEEPER (Current Employee), Dartmouth CrossingMay 26, 2015
-Hard working
-Staff non-reliable
-Management does not support workers
-Hot environment
-Lots of in house drama
-Favoritism is very high
OK place to work
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: staff parties!
Cons: people calling in sick!
The co-workers are great! The hours are always there, and staff are always willing to help if any problems.
fun workplace
Housekeeping (Current Employee), kitichenerFebruary 2, 2015
nice people fun job environment. ive trained new people also hardest part would just be some of the rooms are very dirty but its all part of the job.
Need to be outgoing with some southern hospitality
Hostess/Server (Current Employee), Brantford, ONOctober 3, 2013
Good hours if you have kids
Nice Staff
Fair Pay
time and a half for holidays
fun workplace
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABAugust 28, 2013
housekeeping is a very hard work but i really enjoy working here because i have very kind co workers and make my work lighter.
Busy and lonely
Night Auditor (Former Employee), IAP LeducFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: free coffee and sometimes free breakfast
Cons: worked throughout nights and when driving back home feeling sleepy
Was busy all the time; sometimes worked all alone throughout the nights
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 9, 2012
Pros: great guests
Cons: poor management
The atmosphere isn't the same anymore. Poor management. Micromanaging. No place for acheivement and to be successful.