Hampton Inn

Hampton Inn Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very Friendly and Great Staff
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Barrie OntarioApril 12, 2014
the hampton is a great place to work with great staff and very friendly people
front desk agent
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 12, 2014
welcoming guests
check ins and check outs
customer service
productive place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONApril 3, 2014
Its a fast paced envvrioment and steady shifts. Co-workers are helpful and evryone is a team.
Hard working ambitious
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Marietta, GAMarch 31, 2014
I have learned that in this field you must be very good with customers and be able to resolve any complaints that may arise from day to day activities. I enjoy interacting with people and have the ability to think quick on my feet to ensure a pleased staff and customers.
Great family atmosphere with lots of kind regular guests.
Front Desk / Bell Person (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 4, 2014
I really enjoyed the dynamic of working with the Hampton Inn as this was my first actual hotel job. It helped me gain the experience necessary to move forward in my career with Hospitality.
Busy and lonely
Night Auditor (Former Employee), IAP LeducFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: free coffee and sometimes free breakfast
Cons: worked throughout nights and when driving back home feeling sleepy
Was busy all the time; sometimes worked all alone throughout the nights
Something Different Everyday
Front Office Manager (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 7, 2014
It was a great place to work. The staff are like a family. I loved going to work and meeting people from all over the world.
it was an experience
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 3, 2013
Pros: learned customer service
Cons: people talking about things that should not be in the work environment
my typical day at work was coming in and get your cart to start cleaning the rooms that was assigned. If the carts were not stocked you had to restock them yourself with shampoos, conditioners, body was, body soap, towels etc and all the necessities that a room is required to have. I also had to vacuum, change sheets and just basically do what a housekeeper – more... does to make sure the room is nice and tidy for the customers. Management was not so good, everyone was always fighting about something when i was working. My co-workers were individually great sweet people but like to talk behind peoples back to much, but thats life and thats jus what happens sometimes, you have to roll with the punches to get a pay check. Most enjoyable part of working i would have to say is learning the knowledge of becoming a better cleaner and more experienced so you can progressively work faster and be more accurate to details. It could also let you keep your job and let you get paid better. I also liked the work out and knowing that i did a days hard work. – less
Need to be outgoing with some southern hospitality
Hostess/Server (Current Employee), Brantford, ONOctober 3, 2013
Good hours if you have kids
Nice Staff
Fair Pay
time and a half for holidays
fun workplace
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABAugust 28, 2013
housekeeping is a very hard work but i really enjoy working here because i have very kind co workers and make my work lighter.
great environment
summer student (Former Employee), Savona, BCAugust 20, 2013
Pros: nice people
Cons: poor wages
nice hotel, nice people, poor wages....in my branch no room for advancement
Productive and fun work place.
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Moncton, NBApril 2, 2013
Pros: management
Cons: not enough hours
Cleaning anywheres from 12 to 14 rooms a day.
How other people live at home.
Management was really good.
Co-worker were nice, easy to get a long with most.
Hardest part of the job was to make sure that nothing was forgotten.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was keeping busy throughout the day.
OK place to work
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: staff parties!
Cons: people calling in sick!
The co-workers are great! The hours are always there, and staff are always willing to help if any problems.
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 9, 2012
Pros: great guests
Cons: poor management
The atmosphere isn't the same anymore. Poor management. Micromanaging. No place for acheivement and to be successful.
Good work site but no flexibility.
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Winnipeg, ManitobaOctober 3, 2012
Pros: we got the left-overs from breakfast or lunch.
Cons: hours wasn't flexible, unlike other hotel chains.
A typical day working at Hampton Inn was hard and phyically demanding. We changed the linens, towels, soap, coffee, tea, cups and everything that needed to be changed or to be replaced with clean and washed material. What I learned from working with Hampton Inn hotel was, it takes 15 minutes(20 minutes max.)to clean one room with 2 beds. Also, I learned – more... how to clean the dining area and the stairs area of a hotel. The management was okay, would of been better if the manager hired two people per room and not one. For this reason, I lost 5 pounds within one and a half weeks working there. What if a pregnant woman was working there? Now you can paint the picture. But, the co workers were really friendly and helpful when you needed it. Overall, I enjoyed cleaning the rooms, helping guests with anything they needed and also cleaning. – less
A rather unfair location for a hotel
Maintenance Manager, Banquet Mgr., Shuttle Driver (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJuly 31, 2012
Pros: friendly staff and good hours
Cons: poor management
Great place to work when it comes to helping guests with their needs.
Great Place to work for, it was like my second school
Manager on Duty (Former Employee), Monterrey, NLEApril 22, 2014
Pros: good benefits, great training, great management, great work experience
Cons: schedule, hotels are 24/7 at that time i was in school and single it didn't matter
This place has been by far the greatest job that I've found in my 32 years of age. It was my first job as well. The training they give its amazing. This only tells you the difference in working for an national or international business. They have requirements to meet and this is why they do such a great job in taking care and helping their employees – more... advance in their company. If they see potential in you, they will spend the money to get you trained and where you need to be. I started at my 16 years of age as a hostess then moved up to the front desk. From there I became manager on duty and finally I did the night audit. I considered to this day that place like my second home. Amazing company to work for. – less
loved working here!
Front Desk Operator (Former Employee), Troy, OHApril 20, 2014
Pros: serving the public
Cons: no benefits and the chlorine odor
I loved my job here working with the public. I hated to leave but due to the high chlorine in the air due to a grandfather clause I had to leave due to allergy to it.
Fast-paced enviroment
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Cadillac, MIApril 16, 2014
Pros: the hours.
Cons: holiday weekends.
The days definitely did not drag on. Management was great and I got along with every co-worker there. The hardest part of working in FAST-food is just how fast they mean. Which wouldn't normally be a problem but while handeling others' money I like to be very precise. Taking a bit longer than I hoped.
Hampton Inn & Suites
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Washington, PAApril 15, 2014
This place is great, your cowokers are wonderful when it comes to helping you with something you may need. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with a situation you may not know how to handle. The most enjoyable part of the job is the guest they honestly kept me going everyday.

1 2 3 4 5

About Hampton Inn

Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus/Polaris is owned and operated by Buffalo Lodging Associates, LLC, a hotel development & – Read more

Hampton Inn Photos