Hampton by Hilton Employee Reviews

Very productive
Assistant Of Director Of Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 September 2015
The environment in general was very positive, hard working people enthusiastic and passionate for their job. I had a wonderful experience it was a fun work placement with amazing co-workers always helping each other is all about team work.
The best team I ever worked with
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB14 August 2015
I really enjoy to greet our guests and provide excellent customer service. I think it's great to meet new people every day, experience different situations, learn how to act and be helpful.
I love all my co-workers/managers, we have a lot of fun together, support each other and cover shifts.
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB10 July 2015
They have a great manager! Had a lot of fun working there. The guest were a lot of fun to talk to. They allowed a lot of freedom in what you did during the low times at work.
good exprience for manage the strees
Room attendant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 July 2015
very happy with all the co-worker and hard with some employees when i trained them from the beginning. but they are excellent employees now . i am happy /
amount of work, no where close to pay
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  toronto, on6 July 2015
overworked everyday, owners are cheap and cut back on payroll, refuse to pay overtime, management couldn't careless about employees.
Pros
no pros only cons
Cons
everything
Loved this job
Housekeeping, Breakfast, Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Elliot Lake, ON12 June 2015
I loved working at the Hampton. I am very much a people person s this job was very well fit for me. I loved working the front desk reception getting to know the regular customers and being the front line to the customers.
Pros
great company to work for
Always a fun place to be
Guest Services Agent & Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB8 June 2015
It is always amazing having so many returning guests and seeing the same faces every week. The guests become like family and you create a special bond which makes them come back so often. The staff is also like family too.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Slow periods during the year
Great Job Culture, Poor Management
Front Desk & Night Audit Staff (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 June 2015
The Job culture with the "Hamptonality" program is excellent. You feel empowered to do many things for the hotel guests and are rewarded for solving an issue, you are given freedom to make a judgement call without being penalized over said judgement call.

Management isn't as good. It is very poorly organized and there is a lack of communication from management to employees.

They focus well on the incentives and when new things come through, but they don't seem to care about the employees unless we are 100% making them money.

Concerns go unheard, and the hours are low.
Pros
Great job culture, Great environment
Cons
Lack of communication with management, low hours
This job isnt for everyone
HOUSEKEEPER (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing26 May 2015
-Hard working
-Staff non-reliable
-Management does not support workers
-Hot environment
-Lots of in house drama
-Favoritism is very high
fun workplace
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  kitichener2 February 2015
nice people fun job environment. ive trained new people also hardest part would just be some of the rooms are very dirty but its all part of the job.
Fast paste , Physical work, Fun
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 December 2014
Every day I would come into work about a half hour before we started so I could prepare for a busy day or a short day, my day would consist of 9 to 17 rooms a day, I had to have every hotel room that was on my board done by 3pm everyday. My manager was awesome I really enjoyed working with her, she had a positive attitude when she was at work. My co-workers were great to work with even though we were doing the rooms ourselves if some were done before others they would help whoever needed help to finish.
The hardest part of the job was getting the duvet covers on each bed it was difficult, it had to be done a certain way or it wouldn't fit. My most enjoyable part of this job would have been my co-workers and my supervisors they were just great energetic fun people to work with.
friendly welcoming workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  North Bay ON16 October 2014
loved working here the managers were supportive fair and so friendly.Best job i have had everyone i worked with was so awesome to work with and so welcoming to me when i first started working. Hardest part of my job was that at the end of the day i was exhausted but the day always went by fast and i loved cleaning for the Hampton.
I did night audit duties, at the front desk, while keeping the building secure, and checking guests in and out, and housekeeping for any room caling
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB29 April 2014
There was never a typical day at work here. I worked here for five months.
Very Friendly and Great Staff
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Barrie Ontario12 April 2014
the hampton is a great place to work with great staff and very friendly people
front desk agent
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 April 2014
welcoming guests
check ins and check outs
customer service
productive place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON3 April 2014
Its a fast paced envvrioment and steady shifts. Co-workers are helpful and evryone is a team.
Great family atmosphere with lots of kind regular guests.
Front Desk / Bell Person (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 March 2014
I really enjoyed the dynamic of working with the Hampton Inn as this was my first actual hotel job. It helped me gain the experience necessary to move forward in my career with Hospitality.
Busy and lonely
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  IAP Leduc13 February 2014
Was busy all the time; sometimes worked all alone throughout the nights
Pros
Free Coffee And sometimes free breakfast
Cons
Worked throughout nights and when driving back home feeling sleepy
A stressful environment with an inappropriate management team
Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON7 February 2014
A typical day will include being berated and penalized for situations out of your control. It is expected you not only do your job but other jobs as well as they do not want to hire the necessary staff to function well. It should be expected for staff to be underpaid for the work that they do, for your schedule to be posted weekly at the last moment so you cannot make any plans outside of work, as well as be a part of a team who are exhausted and angry as a result of working under a tyrant family.
Pros
You learn a lot
Cons
too many to name
productive and fun place to work.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS14 January 2014
I loved this job. Although i was not there for a long time, i though the managment was excellent. We got pizza parties sometimes, I felt very valued as an emplyee
Pros
free lunches some times.
Cons
on call

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hampton by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.