Hampton by Hilton Employee Reviews

great place too work inn would go back
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 November 2015
i was working at the hampton in for 9 years i really liked it every one was great the house keepers the front desk was temedes too work for
Do not work here.
guest service (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB17 November 2015
The Hampton Inn & Suite in Lethbridge is a terrible place to work.
They pay below market rates.
You have zero job security.
The owner doesn't care about the employees in the slightest.
The director of operations is a master manipulator.
The GM is a puppet with no spine.

The only benefit to the job is some of the co-workers and the guests.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Ownership, upper management, wages
Cleaning
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB5 November 2015
My typical day at work for Hampton Inn & Suites consisted of cleaning rooms accordingly to standards, paying attention to detail. Everyday I was required to clean at least 14 rooms per day. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with friends and feeling the self accomplishment.
Private quaint breakfast buffet, got hectic at times.
Breakfast Hostess (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC3 November 2015
The staff are a mix of friendly and distant. The customers were on average nicer than rough.The hardest part of the job was waking up at 3am to be at work for 4:30am, very little social life because of the sleep patterns. Was nice to work on your own.
Great staff very friendly makes coming to work easy and fun
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  London Ontario8 October 2015
Would work 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday I would come in get my board with my assigned Rooms and would get my cart that would be stocked from other day I wold clean about 14 to 16 rooms a day If I was done I would go and help out other staff or clean the public areas or even help out in Laundry. I was trained to be a housekeeper supervisor to fill in on the days the Head supervisor was off or not in.
I would then assign rooms check rooms and do inventory if needed.
I worked with a great group of girls who all made work fun and easy going along with great supervisors. The hardest part of the day would be if someone called in and you got 20 rooms to get done
I love to clean to I loved my job I would still be working there if I didnt move out West
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Sometimes very messy rooms
Fun place to work.
Laundry Attendant/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON6 October 2015
Excellent co -workers. Great hours. Benefits offered. Great customers. Very clean and tidy. Excellent boss. Great wage increase.
benefits
Cons
there are none.
Very productive
Assistant Of Director Of Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 September 2015
The environment in general was very positive, hard working people enthusiastic and passionate for their job. I had a wonderful experience it was a fun work placement with amazing co-workers always helping each other is all about team work.
The best team I ever worked with
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB14 August 2015
I really enjoy to greet our guests and provide excellent customer service. I think it's great to meet new people every day, experience different situations, learn how to act and be helpful.
I love all my co-workers/managers, we have a lot of fun together, support each other and cover shifts.
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB10 July 2015
They have a great manager! Had a lot of fun working there. The guest were a lot of fun to talk to. They allowed a lot of freedom in what you did during the low times at work.
good exprience for manage the strees
Room attendant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 July 2015
very happy with all the co-worker and hard with some employees when i trained them from the beginning. but they are excellent employees now . i am happy /
amount of work, no where close to pay
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  toronto, on6 July 2015
overworked everyday, owners are cheap and cut back on payroll, refuse to pay overtime, management couldn't careless about employees.
Pros
no pros only cons
Cons
everything
Loved this job
Housekeeping, Breakfast, Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Elliot Lake, ON12 June 2015
I loved working at the Hampton. I am very much a people person s this job was very well fit for me. I loved working the front desk reception getting to know the regular customers and being the front line to the customers.
Pros
great company to work for
Always a fun place to be
Guest Services Agent & Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB8 June 2015
It is always amazing having so many returning guests and seeing the same faces every week. The guests become like family and you create a special bond which makes them come back so often. The staff is also like family too.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Slow periods during the year
Great Job Culture, Poor Management
Front Desk & Night Audit Staff (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 June 2015
The Job culture with the "Hamptonality" program is excellent. You feel empowered to do many things for the hotel guests and are rewarded for solving an issue, you are given freedom to make a judgement call without being penalized over said judgement call.

Management isn't as good. It is very poorly organized and there is a lack of communication from management to employees.

They focus well on the incentives and when new things come through, but they don't seem to care about the employees unless we are 100% making them money.

Concerns go unheard, and the hours are low.
Pros
Great job culture, Great environment
Cons
Lack of communication with management, low hours
This job isnt for everyone
HOUSEKEEPER (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing26 May 2015
-Hard working
-Staff non-reliable
-Management does not support workers
-Hot environment
-Lots of in house drama
-Favoritism is very high
fun workplace
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  kitichener2 February 2015
nice people fun job environment. ive trained new people also hardest part would just be some of the rooms are very dirty but its all part of the job.
Fast paste , Physical work, Fun
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 December 2014
Every day I would come into work about a half hour before we started so I could prepare for a busy day or a short day, my day would consist of 9 to 17 rooms a day, I had to have every hotel room that was on my board done by 3pm everyday. My manager was awesome I really enjoyed working with her, she had a positive attitude when she was at work. My co-workers were great to work with even though we were doing the rooms ourselves if some were done before others they would help whoever needed help to finish.
The hardest part of the job was getting the duvet covers on each bed it was difficult, it had to be done a certain way or it wouldn't fit. My most enjoyable part of this job would have been my co-workers and my supervisors they were just great energetic fun people to work with.
friendly welcoming workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  North Bay ON16 October 2014
loved working here the managers were supportive fair and so friendly.Best job i have had everyone i worked with was so awesome to work with and so welcoming to me when i first started working. Hardest part of my job was that at the end of the day i was exhausted but the day always went by fast and i loved cleaning for the Hampton.
I did night audit duties, at the front desk, while keeping the building secure, and checking guests in and out, and housekeeping for any room caling
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB29 April 2014
There was never a typical day at work here. I worked here for five months.
Very Friendly and Great Staff
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Barrie Ontario12 April 2014
the hampton is a great place to work with great staff and very friendly people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hampton by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.