Hampton by Hilton Employee Reviews

Low salary, more duties
front desk (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC3 January 2016
The management gave me more duties than my job title. Also there is no break time for Front desk. You just stand alone for whole shift.
great place too work inn would go back
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 November 2015
i was working at the hampton in for 9 years i really liked it every one was great the house keepers the front desk was temedes too work for
Always a fun place to be
Guest Services Agent & Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB8 June 2015
It is always amazing having so many returning guests and seeing the same faces every week. The guests become like family and you create a special bond which makes them come back so often. The staff is also like family too.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Slow periods during the year
Fast paste , Physical work, Fun
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 December 2014
Every day I would come into work about a half hour before we started so I could prepare for a busy day or a short day, my day would consist of 9 to 17 rooms a day, I had to have every hotel room that was on my board done by 3pm everyday. My manager was awesome I really enjoyed working with her, she had a positive attitude when she was at work. My co-workers were great to work with even though we were doing the rooms ourselves if some were done before others they would help whoever needed help to finish.
The hardest part of the job was getting the duvet covers on each bed it was difficult, it had to be done a certain way or it wouldn't fit. My most enjoyable part of this job would have been my co-workers and my supervisors they were just great energetic fun people to work with.
A stressful environment with an inappropriate management team
Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON7 February 2014
A typical day will include being berated and penalized for situations out of your control. It is expected you not only do your job but other jobs as well as they do not want to hire the necessary staff to function well. It should be expected for staff to be underpaid for the work that they do, for your schedule to be posted weekly at the last moment so you cannot make any plans outside of work, as well as be a part of a team who are exhausted and angry as a result of working under a tyrant family.
Pros
You learn a lot
Cons
too many to name
Loved this job
Housekeeping, Breakfast, Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Elliot Lake, ON12 June 2015
I loved working at the Hampton. I am very much a people person s this job was very well fit for me. I loved working the front desk reception getting to know the regular customers and being the front line to the customers.
Pros
great company to work for
Fun place to work.
Laundry Attendant/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON6 October 2015
Excellent co -workers. Great hours. Benefits offered. Great customers. Very clean and tidy. Excellent boss. Great wage increase.
benefits
Cons
there are none.
friendly welcoming workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  North Bay ON16 October 2014
loved working here the managers were supportive fair and so friendly.Best job i have had everyone i worked with was so awesome to work with and so welcoming to me when i first started working. Hardest part of my job was that at the end of the day i was exhausted but the day always went by fast and i loved cleaning for the Hampton.
Productive and fun work place.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB2 April 2013
Cleaning anywheres from 12 to 14 rooms a day.
How other people live at home.
Management was really good.
Co-worker were nice, easy to get a long with most.
Hardest part of the job was to make sure that nothing was forgotten.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was keeping busy throughout the day.
Pros
management
Cons
not enough hours
nice place, friendly, you meet different people all over town
very nice hotel, its beautiful and friendly.. (Former Employee) –  barrie, ontario1 March 2012
too much work for one person to do in 7 1/2hrs, boss very pushy but excellent friends, good accommodations, over all nice place to work
Pros
nights, no one to bother you, you get 1/2 off hotel any where
Cons
not enough hrs, always working weekends
Good work site but no flexibility.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba3 October 2012
A typical day working at Hampton Inn was hard and phyically demanding. We changed the linens, towels, soap, coffee, tea, cups and everything that needed to be changed or to be replaced with clean and washed material. What I learned from working with Hampton Inn hotel was, it takes 15 minutes(20 minutes max.)to clean one room with 2 beds. Also, I learned how to clean the dining area and the stairs area of a hotel. The management was okay, would of been better if the manager hired two people per room and not one. For this reason, I lost 5 pounds within one and a half weeks working there. What if a pregnant woman was working there? Now you can paint the picture. But, the co workers were really friendly and helpful when you needed it. Overall, I enjoyed cleaning the rooms, helping guests with anything they needed and also cleaning.
Pros
we got the left-overs from breakfast or lunch.
Cons
hours wasn't flexible, unlike other hotel chains.
amount of work, no where close to pay
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  toronto, on6 July 2015
overworked everyday, owners are cheap and cut back on payroll, refuse to pay overtime, management couldn't careless about employees.
Pros
no pros only cons
Cons
everything
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB10 July 2015
They have a great manager! Had a lot of fun working there. The guest were a lot of fun to talk to. They allowed a lot of freedom in what you did during the low times at work.
good exprience for manage the strees
Room attendant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 July 2015
very happy with all the co-worker and hard with some employees when i trained them from the beginning. but they are excellent employees now . i am happy /
Needs imporvment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 September 2012
Great start off job in the travel and tourism industry. Management needs to improve their work. Lunch breaks and bathroom break are impossible to get, no teamwork no team lead, no encourgement a lot of he said she said, no trust.
Pros
hotel discount
Cons
no breaks
Great family atmosphere with lots of kind regular guests.
Front Desk / Bell Person (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 March 2014
I really enjoyed the dynamic of working with the Hampton Inn as this was my first actual hotel job. It helped me gain the experience necessary to move forward in my career with Hospitality.
productive and fun place to work.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS14 January 2014
I loved this job. Although i was not there for a long time, i though the managment was excellent. We got pizza parties sometimes, I felt very valued as an emplyee
Pros
free lunches some times.
Cons
on call
This job isnt for everyone
HOUSEKEEPER (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing26 May 2015
-Hard working
-Staff non-reliable
-Management does not support workers
-Hot environment
-Lots of in house drama
-Favoritism is very high
I did night audit duties, at the front desk, while keeping the building secure, and checking guests in and out, and housekeeping for any room caling
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB29 April 2014
There was never a typical day at work here. I worked here for five months.
Busy and lonely
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  IAP Leduc13 February 2014
Was busy all the time; sometimes worked all alone throughout the nights
Pros
Free Coffee And sometimes free breakfast
Cons
Worked throughout nights and when driving back home feeling sleepy