Hampton by Hilton Employee Reviews

loved working i the kitchen
housekeeper,kitchen help, laundry (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 September 2016
cleaning rooms was very tough. I love to clean but they only give you so much time to clean a room. It is very hard. Even the laundry is high demand. Really no time for breaks to make sure you get work done
Pros
loved working in the kitchen
Cons
hard work
engaging with the guest
Breakfast host Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK13 October 2016
i work here from 5am to 1 pm, by my self, the management are very supportive in my work, the hardest part of this job during busy day, and you only have you're self. engaging with the guest
Friendly work place
Breakfast bar manager (Former Employee) –  Leduc County, AB2 December 2016
I was taught lots of recipes and how to cook and have experience when things get busy and I've been told I'm reliable and have my own vehicle and able to start asap
Pros
Authority
Cons
To far
Good
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB31 October 2016
Friendly work environment. relaxed environment. good training provided. medium sized hotel. this is just to fill in the remaining characters required to complete.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
few hours
Harsh work environment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 April 2016
physically and mentally demanding.
very hard to get along with staff and management
understaffed and relentless
* hour shifts and no sitting no breaks and hardly had any guidance or a superior to look to for help as most of the time you where the only staff member in the building.
Pros
fair wages
Cons
long brutal shifts
Would have like to have stayed there.
Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB16 February 2016
I did not only my job,but had other jobs added to mine without the benefit of extra help. At first it was very good,very productive, and lots of staff,but then turned the other way. It was very difficult to keep up with all that was required of me without additional staff. I had to end my employment because it was affecting my health and I was not able to do all the required jobs( front desk,maintanence,laundry,and administrative),plus my own.
Pros
Good pay, kept me busy
Cons
Too mch work, not enough staff, poor management
Busy and dynamic work environment that keeps me busy.
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS7 March 2016
It was a great company to work for. I had a lot of fun and my boss was actually one of my favorite boss's I have ever had. The company was serious about their employees and helped in anyway they possibly could.
Pros
Benefits and sometimes free lunches
Cons
Expected to work Holidays
Hard working Team and great business,
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 December 2015
Working at Hampton makes you feel like your at home. Everyone is very kind, welcoming and goes the extra mile to help you with your every day needs. Working at Hampton inn has helped me grow as a person and showed me how a team can really work together to get a job done. I have had a great experience with this company and would recommend them to anybody.
Pros
Our manager will always bring us catterd food on our lunches!
Cons
Discounted rooms.
quiet but busy hotel
FRONT DESK ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Alberta14 March 2016
Guests feel comfortable when they come in and everything run smoothly. work environment is very professional and there is some room for advancement if you are willing to relocate
Do not work here.
guest service (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB17 November 2015
The Hampton Inn & Suite in Lethbridge is a terrible place to work.
They pay below market rates.
You have zero job security.
The owner doesn't care about the employees in the slightest.
The director of operations is a master manipulator.
The GM is a puppet with no spine.

The only benefit to the job is some of the co-workers and the guests.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Ownership, upper management, wages
Fast paced
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON10 March 2016
Cleaning rooms in a timely manner.
I learned effective time management skills and communication skills. I enjoyed meeting new people daily.
Great staff very friendly makes coming to work easy and fun
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  London Ontario8 October 2015
Would work 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday I would come in get my board with my assigned Rooms and would get my cart that would be stocked from other day I wold clean about 14 to 16 rooms a day If I was done I would go and help out other staff or clean the public areas or even help out in Laundry. I was trained to be a housekeeper supervisor to fill in on the days the Head supervisor was off or not in.
I would then assign rooms check rooms and do inventory if needed.
I worked with a great group of girls who all made work fun and easy going along with great supervisors. The hardest part of the day would be if someone called in and you got 20 rooms to get done
I love to clean to I loved my job I would still be working there if I didnt move out West
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Sometimes very messy rooms
Private quaint breakfast buffet, got hectic at times.
Breakfast Hostess (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC3 November 2015
The staff are a mix of friendly and distant. The customers were on average nicer than rough.The hardest part of the job was waking up at 3am to be at work for 4:30am, very little social life because of the sleep patterns. Was nice to work on your own.
Cleaning
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB5 November 2015
My typical day at work for Hampton Inn & Suites consisted of cleaning rooms accordingly to standards, paying attention to detail. Everyday I was required to clean at least 14 rooms per day. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with friends and feeling the self accomplishment.
Low salary, more duties
front desk (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC3 January 2016
The management gave me more duties than my job title. Also there is no break time for Front desk. You just stand alone for whole shift.
Very productive
Assistant Of Director Of Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 September 2015
The environment in general was very positive, hard working people enthusiastic and passionate for their job. I had a wonderful experience it was a fun work placement with amazing co-workers always helping each other is all about team work.
Great Job Culture, Poor Management
Front Desk & Night Audit Staff (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 June 2015
The Job culture with the "Hamptonality" program is excellent. You feel empowered to do many things for the hotel guests and are rewarded for solving an issue, you are given freedom to make a judgement call without being penalized over said judgement call.

Management isn't as good. It is very poorly organized and there is a lack of communication from management to employees.

They focus well on the incentives and when new things come through, but they don't seem to care about the employees unless we are 100% making them money.

Concerns go unheard, and the hours are low.
Pros
Great job culture, Great environment
Cons
Lack of communication with management, low hours
The best team I ever worked with
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB14 August 2015
I really enjoy to greet our guests and provide excellent customer service. I think it's great to meet new people every day, experience different situations, learn how to act and be helpful.
I love all my co-workers/managers, we have a lot of fun together, support each other and cover shifts.
great place too work inn would go back
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 November 2015
i was working at the hampton in for 9 years i really liked it every one was great the house keepers the front desk was temedes too work for
Always a fun place to be
Guest Services Agent & Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB8 June 2015
It is always amazing having so many returning guests and seeing the same faces every week. The guests become like family and you create a special bond which makes them come back so often. The staff is also like family too.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Slow periods during the year