Hampton by Hilton Employee Reviews in Canada

Harsh work environment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABApril 4, 2016
physically and mentally demanding.
very hard to get along with staff and management
understaffed and relentless
* hour shifts and no sitting no breaks and hardly had any guidance or a superior to look to for help as most of the time you where the only staff member in the building.
Pros
fair wages
Cons
long brutal shifts
quiet but busy hotel
FRONT DESK ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  AlbertaMarch 14, 2016
Guests feel comfortable when they come in and everything run smoothly. work environment is very professional and there is some room for advancement if you are willing to relocate
Busy and dynamic work environment that keeps me busy.
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSMarch 7, 2016
It was a great company to work for. I had a lot of fun and my boss was actually one of my favorite boss's I have ever had. The company was serious about their employees and helped in anyway they possibly could.
Pros
Benefits and sometimes free lunches
Cons
Expected to work Holidays
Would have like to have stayed there.
Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABFebruary 16, 2016
I did not only my job,but had other jobs added to mine without the benefit of extra help. At first it was very good,very productive, and lots of staff,but then turned the other way. It was very difficult to keep up with all that was required of me without additional staff. I had to end my employment because it was affecting my health and I was not able to do all the required jobs( front desk,maintanence,laundry,and administrative),plus my own.
Pros
Good pay, kept me busy
Cons
Too mch work, not enough staff, poor management
Low salary, more duties
front desk (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJanuary 3, 2016
The management gave me more duties than my job title. Also there is no break time for Front desk. You just stand alone for whole shift.
Hard working Team and great business,
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONDecember 6, 2015
Working at Hampton makes you feel like your at home. Everyone is very kind, welcoming and goes the extra mile to help you with your every day needs. Working at Hampton inn has helped me grow as a person and showed me how a team can really work together to get a job done. I have had a great experience with this company and would recommend them to anybody.
Pros
Our manager will always bring us catterd food on our lunches!
Cons
Discounted rooms.
great place too work inn would go back
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 21, 2015
i was working at the hampton in for 9 years i really liked it every one was great the house keepers the front desk was temedes too work for
Do not work here.
guest service (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABNovember 17, 2015
The Hampton Inn & Suite in Lethbridge is a terrible place to work.
They pay below market rates.
You have zero job security.
The owner doesn't care about the employees in the slightest.
The director of operations is a master manipulator.
The GM is a puppet with no spine.

The only benefit to the job is some of the co-workers and the guests.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Ownership, upper management, wages
Cleaning
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBNovember 5, 2015
My typical day at work for Hampton Inn & Suites consisted of cleaning rooms accordingly to standards, paying attention to detail. Everyday I was required to clean at least 14 rooms per day. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with friends and feeling the self accomplishment.
Private quaint breakfast buffet, got hectic at times.
Breakfast Hostess (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCNovember 3, 2015
The staff are a mix of friendly and distant. The customers were on average nicer than rough.The hardest part of the job was waking up at 3am to be at work for 4:30am, very little social life because of the sleep patterns. Was nice to work on your own.
Great staff very friendly makes coming to work easy and fun
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  London OntarioOctober 8, 2015
Would work 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday I would come in get my board with my assigned Rooms and would get my cart that would be stocked from other day I wold clean about 14 to 16 rooms a day If I was done I would go and help out other staff or clean the public areas or even help out in Laundry. I was trained to be a housekeeper supervisor to fill in on the days the Head supervisor was off or not in.
I would then assign rooms check rooms and do inventory if needed.
I worked with a great group of girls who all made work fun and easy going along with great supervisors. The hardest part of the day would be if someone called in and you got 20 rooms to get done
I love to clean to I loved my job I would still be working there if I didnt move out West
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Sometimes very messy rooms
Fun place to work.
Laundry Attendant/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONOctober 6, 2015
Excellent co -workers. Great hours. Benefits offered. Great customers. Very clean and tidy. Excellent boss. Great wage increase.
benefits
Cons
there are none.
Very productive
Assistant Of Director Of Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 18, 2015
The environment in general was very positive, hard working people enthusiastic and passionate for their job. I had a wonderful experience it was a fun work placement with amazing co-workers always helping each other is all about team work.
The best team I ever worked with
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABAugust 14, 2015
I really enjoy to greet our guests and provide excellent customer service. I think it's great to meet new people every day, experience different situations, learn how to act and be helpful.
I love all my co-workers/managers, we have a lot of fun together, support each other and cover shifts.
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABJuly 10, 2015
They have a great manager! Had a lot of fun working there. The guest were a lot of fun to talk to. They allowed a lot of freedom in what you did during the low times at work.
good exprience for manage the strees
Room attendant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 6, 2015
very happy with all the co-worker and hard with some employees when i trained them from the beginning. but they are excellent employees now . i am happy /
amount of work, no where close to pay
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  toronto, onJuly 6, 2015
overworked everyday, owners are cheap and cut back on payroll, refuse to pay overtime, management couldn't careless about employees.
Pros
no pros only cons
Cons
everything
Loved this job
Housekeeping, Breakfast, Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Elliot Lake, ONJune 12, 2015
I loved working at the Hampton. I am very much a people person s this job was very well fit for me. I loved working the front desk reception getting to know the regular customers and being the front line to the customers.
Pros
great company to work for
Always a fun place to be
Guest Services Agent & Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJune 8, 2015
It is always amazing having so many returning guests and seeing the same faces every week. The guests become like family and you create a special bond which makes them come back so often. The staff is also like family too.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Slow periods during the year
Great Job Culture, Poor Management
Front Desk & Night Audit Staff (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONJune 8, 2015
The Job culture with the "Hamptonality" program is excellent. You feel empowered to do many things for the hotel guests and are rewarded for solving an issue, you are given freedom to make a judgement call without being penalized over said judgement call.

Management isn't as good. It is very poorly organized and there is a lack of communication from management to employees.

They focus well on the incentives and when new things come through, but they don't seem to care about the employees unless we are 100% making them money.

Concerns go unheard, and the hours are low.
Pros
Great job culture, Great environment
Cons
Lack of communication with management, low hours