The Hamilton Tiger-Cats Football Club has created a new role within our retail department to further develop and enhance our commitment to creating the best guest experience possible in our retail operations department. Under the direction of the Retail Director, the new Retail Operations Manager will oversee store and stadium operations and provide direction to retail supervisors and associates in accordance with the Tiger-Cats customer service standards.
- Lead retail staff in executing retail operations vision of exceeding our guests expectations by providing quality guest service, a specialized shopping experience and unique merchandise that amazes our fans.
- Hire and train retail staff on retail and ticketing execution as well as develop schedule and maintain proper staffing levels within budget allocated
- Supervise retail staff and ensure all staff have an understanding of guest experience execution and ensure all locations are meeting operational needs
- Work with store managers to assign employee responsibilities and follow up on execution of staff responsibilities
- Regularly evaluates, creates and maintains professional visual displays; provides retail planograms to retail supervisors and associates regarding store merchandising and displays
- Works with other departments within the organization to generate interdepartmental transfers of product to ensure proper movement of funds within the organizations
- Maintains cleanliness and safety standards throughout all retail locations
- Meet weekly with management and educate all staff on new promotions and developments
- Performs duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Minimum two years experience as a manager in a retail environment
- Previous cash handling experience required
- Previous experience working with a Point of Sale (POS) System required
- Bachelor’s degree within Business Management or Sports Management preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to manage supervisory level store managers and entry level retail associates
- Problem solve different situations with internal and external customers
- Excellent Guest service skills; Ability to adhere to and educate on Tiger-Cats customer service standards
- Ability to interact on a professional level with high profile clients
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – ability to communicate with staff and prepare written reports
- Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to direct the work activities of several associates simultaneously and plan ahead
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Advanced math skills: ability to accurately handle money and count change
- Manager must be available on evenings and weekends as required
This position my require the ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs, the ability to stand for extended periods of time as well as bending, reaching, climbing on step stool. Visual acuity sufficient to see and distinguish merchandise and operate point-of-sale system is also needed. Majority of time spent in indoor, climate-controlled environment of retail store. May also be exposed to partially sheltered outdoor environment subject to climate fluctuations.
Please forward resume before July 19th to be considered for this position.
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats are a Canadian Football League team with a rich 144-year history and 15 Grey Cup championships.