Hamilton Health Sciences Employee Reviews

Hhs
Rehabilitation Therapist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 November 2016
I have worked there for just about a year now. All my co-workers have been friendly and very helpful.
The management team takes time out to recognize your efforts.
We deal with all different types of patients and it has proved challenging at times but I also find it rewarding in the sense I am part of a team who helps these patients in there recovery phase.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
lack of available work
Hamilton
Resident Physician (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 November 2016
Not many comments on Hamilton. HHS hospitals are often crowded, smelled, slow in providing care, But they are the major hospitals in Hamilton. Hamilton is not a fancy town.
Enjoyable place to work
Business Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 October 2016
Hi
Worked at Hamilton Health Sciences (McMaster Division) for 27 years. I worked in Medical Records, Admitting and the Emergency Department. I have learned so many jobs in my career at the hospital. Have learned how to work with many personalities and professional staff. Most of all, learned how to deal with patients.Having the patience and compassion of people that come for your help. When someone has an important role dealing with the public, is to put yourself in there situation and treat them how you would expect to be treated.
The most enjoyable part of my job would be meeting so many people and having good friends the rest of my life.
Pros
Medical knowledge
Cons
night shifts
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 October 2016
Staffing needs to be addressed. Very minimal staff available with a very heavy workload. Pay is reasonable and benefits are exceptional. Would not necessarily recommend all of the floors
Posting resume
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON29 September 2016
Working in the Imaging Library my day consists of importing/consulting images into our PACS system. Majority of these requests are for the Juravinski Cancer Center. AS well, answering phones, faxing reports to requesting physicians office, burning images for patients who have specialist appointments outside of the HHSC Corpoaration
Good staff there, nice teamwork
Registered Respiratory Therapist- Pediatric (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 August 2016
Enjoying working with the other RRTs at McMaster Children's, it's a tight knit group, very supportive of each other.
Workload seems to be well balanced, probably more staffing in the winter would be better for respiratory illness season.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Shift work hours
All were leading healthcare facilities
Customer Support Services Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 June 2016
I really enjoyed my work at HHS and established a respectful reputation with senior management, direct reports, the union representing labor and front line staff.
Pros
An incredible operational and management team
Cons
inequitable compensation amongst similar management positions
Friendly, Fast paced, Educational work enviornment
FILE CLERK / DATA ENTRY CLERK (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 May 2016
An ideal, great place to work! Everyone is very helpful and informative. An excellent place to learn the ins and outs of administrative work.
Hamilton Health Sciences
Program Secretary, Cardiac and Vascular Program (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 April 2016
Good pension
Opportunities for advancement.
Depending on the position, the environment can be at times very challenging to work in.
Always cutbacks in positions.
Pros
Pension
Cons
Environment, long hours, under appreciated
Government owned
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 March 2016
High salary, lots of benefits, but too much politics. Hours are limited if you are casual part-time. I used to love the 8 hours shift, but for me, 12 hours is too much.
Critical Care Data Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 March 2016
Wonderful work environment, loved my managers, coworkers and the patients at McMaster Children's Hospital.
Salary is very competitive, the only thing I would like to see change is the number of casual employees they hire to avoid paying benefits.
excellent place to work
Palliative Liaison (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 February 2016
opportunity to advance and initiate changes
Even though cancer survival is improving an average day spent at this hospital included a hard days work.It is highly known that those clients who weather the storm of a critical episode often experience an improvement and that provides for a job well done.
Great place to learn
Student (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 January 2016
Good workplace experience
Helped me improve my English skills greatly
Great people
Extremely understanding and helpful co-workers
Hhs
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 November 2015
-Great workplace
-Difficult to secure full time employment
-There is a variety of interesting people to get to know
-Great pay and benefits
Productive and great workplace!
Patient Experience Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 October 2015
a great place to work - great people, great opportunities. it is a privilege to work for such a great company and be part of such a great organization.
A great employer
Security Professional (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 August 2015
Typical Day at Work?
enforcing Hospital policies and Assisting Medical Staff

Management?
have their pros and cons

Co-Workers

for the most part co workers are a joy to work with

Hardest Part of the Job?

Seeing grieving families

Most Enjoyable Part of the Job?

Being able to make a difference in someone's life.
HHS was an amazing place to work
Business Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 June 2015
I was fortunate enough to have almost 30 years working at HHS and the knowledge I gained and people I worked with were amazing
Pros
Environment
Cons
nothing
Fast Pace Work Enviroment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hamilton Health Sciences24 June 2015
As a part of a Team that deals with alot of tragic life altering experiences it always amazes me how well as a team we pull together to meet our goal either it is holding a hand to supporting a elderly man who is sick to helping a grieving Family of a Young Ciritcal Trauma. I feel rewarded after evey shift knowing that i have touched someone in there life in a time that no one would want to experience an never thought they would experience.
Environmental Aide
Environmental Aide (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 April 2015
Job is alright, looking for full-time hours. Need to find a better job, with better pay as to me having 2 children. Never go up the chain of command, and just not interested in working with this employer any longer
Very slow paced and a lot of politics involved if you are working with the engineering department
Plumber (Former Employee) –  McMaster Hospital28 April 2015
This is the type of job for someone who is not very ambitious in my opinion. It is a lot of sitting around and pretending to be busy and waitin for things to go wrong. Have to deal with the everyday drama of other employees
Pros
Good benefits, pension
Cons
Boring

Hamilton Health Sciences Reviews by Location