Hamilton Health Sciences

Hamilton Health Sciences Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Management that encourages you to grow..
Pharmacy Research Coordinator (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 16, 2014
Pros: large institution, great management, great experience
Cons: not enough full time positions available
I obtained this job through a placement from my program at Niagara College. When I started my placement in the pharmacy at McMaster I immediately fell in love with the staff in the pharmacy department. This connection I had with the staff is what caused my now manager to approach me for a Research Coordinator position that had opened up. I have learned – more... so much from this job and continue to learn new things every day. After a period of time my manager offered me an opportunity to start working at BARL while still gaining the experience and knowledge from my job at the hospital. She constantly is finding different ways for me to gain experience in different aspects of pharmacy research to help me be prepared for other job opportunities within the same field. – less
Helping people is important
Hospital Volunteer (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJune 1, 2014
Pros: free beverage
Treating patients every day with similar illnesses allows you to learn about the subtle differences in different stages of a disease.
Hamilton Health Sciences is a wonderful organization filled with skilled and caring employees.
Information Clerk (Current Employee), Information DepartmentMarch 9, 2014
Pros: excellent wages, working conditons
Cons: not enough hours.
I thoroughly enjoy my job at Hamilton Health Sciences. I direct people to appointments, departments and patients. Everyday is different and challenging. Rotating to three different hospitals makes for an interesting job.
Loved in interacting with patients
Unit Clerk (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no overtime allowed
Brilliant oncologists. Loved my co-workers. Family atmosphere.
A typical day would be working various clinics such as chemotherapy, scheduling patient appointments and procedures.
Setting up conference rooms for the doctors.
Motivation
Registered Health Care Aide (Current Employee), Hamilton, OntarioNovember 30, 2013
Pros: variety of shifts
Cons: comprised supplies or short staffing because of budgets
Everyday we have something new to experience, whether it is a new procedure, a funny story from a Patient, Co-worker or a family member. Always something new to learn and develop with our experiences. Managers often would like to see more than the budget allows for, co-workers can make your job difficult or enjoyable, everyone has different ways of – more... dealing with stressful issues and sometimes this can be very trying. Seeing patients and their families smile is my personal goal while I am at work. I take this same goal in my personal life as well. Life is not always easy,I try my best to keep the workplace an enjoyable place to be under sometimes stressful situations. – less
hamilton health sciences corp.
Staff Nurse - Ward F5 and B3 (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 28, 2013
Pros: excellent salary
Cons: understaffed
Excellent teaching hospital. Many opportunities for personal growth through education and career advancement.
Hamilton Health Sciences :)
Registered Nurse - Orthopaedics (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 13, 2013
Enjoyable place of employment.
Positive culture and inter-professional collaborations.
Postive work environment
Intercom Operator (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 12, 2013
Pros: no pressure and routined workplace
Cons: not challenging enough
A typical day at the Parking Office requires being alert of cameras and ensuring all gates are functioning properly, while assisting customers experiencing difficulty entering or exiting the lot. It is a fast paced work environment and requires immediate response in case of gate failures or emergencies.
n/a
Store Clerk/Cashier/Stock (Former Employee), Barton st. east hamilton, ontarioOctober 30, 2013
-Very busy but manageable.
-i learned how to deal with stress in a professional manner.
-i got along very well with co-workers
-i didn't find any difficulty in the job.
-meeting new people and building relationships with clients was the best part of the job.
Great place to work with but chances of moving up are limited.
Inventory / Desktop Deployment. (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 5, 2013
Pros: salary, staff, location culture.
Cons: chances of moving up are limited.
Great place to work with but chances of moving up are limited.
auditing procurement contracts and processes
SENIOR PROCUREMENT/PURCHASER (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 13, 2013
Pros: can find the holes
Cons: not long enough to sustain
It is very difficult when you have a short period of time to assess. But most of the time, it is about a process to follow and how it is dealt with in terms of union and management.
Lots of politics in this institution -
Charge RN, and Scrub/Circulating RN (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 4, 2013
I worked at HHS for 6 years, and found it very difficult to find any upper or middle management that were not focused on their own career paths, and what it would take to get them there. In my experience, the excellent managers and administrators quickly moved on to other institutions at their earliest opportunity. This unfortunately has a trickle down – more... effect into the front line staff, with politics and negative behaviours prevalent and openly encouraged. Too bad, as there is good medicine going on in this system, but patients bear the brunt of poor work environments. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Registered Nurse - Autism Spectrum Disorder (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 25, 2013
A good teaching hospital that caters to different employees' need. With good management that is open to new changes. Staff are friendly and very willing to support.
Great work environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 12, 2013
Arrive at 8am, check research line for messages. Call participants and make recruitment calls. Run participants and take blood, then process and deliver blood to downtown lab.
Purchasing and Contract Analyst (Former Employee), Hamilton OntarioNovember 21, 2012
Some great knowledged individuals. Participated and lead many projects to its success.
working just one day a week as I am semi retired works well for me. I am able to do other jobs as well. Really enjoy the patient contact.
ENTEROSTOMAL THERAPIST - HAMILTON GENERAL HOSPITAL (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 5, 2012
Pros: days are flexible
Cons: follow up with patients for teaching is difficult with just one day a week.
I have other co-workers on the team that are supportive and willing to share their expertise. The patient contact is the most enjoyable part of the job. The most difficult is the time restraints doing just one day a week. Follow up with the patients is limited. Other full time clinicians in other areas do not appreciate an older nurse or the experience – more... and expertise they bring to the position. – less
a great work experience, enjoyed my job very much
Department Grasp Clerk, CDA and CDR (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 19, 2012
My experience with work at Hamilton Health Sciences was a very postive one. I do have some regrets leaving the establishment, however, my job was eliminated in the Dental program due to lack of government funding.
Large Hospital
Patient Support Specialist (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 5, 2012
The hospital is run very efficiently, from bottom up, treating patients as first priority and front line staff is flawless.
Excellent employer to work for - except Salary/Advancement
IT (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 25, 2012
Pros: benefits, job security, work/life balance, flex working hours, learning opportunities
Cons: compensation
Can't speak of all departments but IT overall is good. Good benefits but very little opportunities for advancement. Employees have been working for some10/20/30 years - at times in the same position. Avg possibly over 10 years. Job is quite secure. Management is good. Salary is bad, really bad in IT - other areas in healthcare can make a lot. Tax funded – more... so no bonuses. A lot of learning opportunities. Co-workers are friendly. Job is not as stressful as it would be in a private company.

Overall an excellent employer if you can live happy while making less. – less

About Hamilton Health Sciences

Hamilton Health Sciences is a family of seven unique hospitals, a cancer centre and an urgent care centre, serving more than 2.3 – Read more