Hamilton Health Sciences Employee Review

View all Hamilton Health Sciences reviews

Lots of politics in this institution -
Charge RN, and Scrub/Circulating RN  (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 May 2013
I worked at HHS for 6 years, and found it very difficult to find any upper or middle management that were not focused on their own career paths, and what it would take to get them there. In my experience, the excellent managers and administrators quickly moved on to other institutions at their earliest opportunity. This unfortunately has a trickle down effect into the front line staff, with politics and negative behaviours prevalent and openly encouraged. Too bad, as there is good medicine going on in this system, but patients bear the brunt of poor work environments.

Other Hamilton Health Sciences Employee Reviews

Hospital environment
SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 September 2017
Working in a hospital environment can be challenging as things move slower than in a lot of other sectors. The pay, benefits and chances for advancement were all excellent.
My day at work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 September 2017
A typical day at work is when I arrive I review my calendar to see if any new requests have come in and then I decide how to prioritize my day. Specific days require specific work completion by myself and from time to time I need to change it up if there are any urgent requests.

I continuously learn and I am eager to learn something different every day. Even if it is something small, it may prove to be something big!

Our management team is great team to work with they are always available for guidance and mentorship whenever needed.

The workplace environment that I am currently employed is a wonderful team of qualified people and clinics/departments.

I feel that the hardest part of the job is that sometimes there is not enough time in the day to complete the tasks at hand. I find it more disappointment than the hardest part of the job. When I arrive at work, I try to have a strategy of goals that I want to achieve in that given day and sometimes it does not always go as planned, but I grab the bull by the horns and give my 125% to get the work completed.

The most enjoyable part of my job is providing my services to our team and making their jobs easier.