Hamilton Health Sciences Employee Review

View all Hamilton Health Sciences reviews

Lots of politics in this institution -
Charge RN, and Scrub/Circulating RN  (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 May 2013
I worked at HHS for 6 years, and found it very difficult to find any upper or middle management that were not focused on their own career paths, and what it would take to get them there. In my experience, the excellent managers and administrators quickly moved on to other institutions at their earliest opportunity. This unfortunately has a trickle down effect into the front line staff, with politics and negative behaviours prevalent and openly encouraged. Too bad, as there is good medicine going on in this system, but patients bear the brunt of poor work environments.

Other Hamilton Health Sciences Employee Reviews

Terrific working environment
Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 January 2018
A very limited number of wonderfully dedicated people working in a medical environment providing optimal care for the public under extremely limited budgetary restraints.
Pros
Terrific staff
Cons
Governmental financial restraints
Productive, Flexible and Caring
Pain Clinical Administrative Assisstant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 January 2018
I was assisting with data collection, management and writing of two research projects. All the staff were receptive to the changes, they allowed me to learn on the job, and were understanding when I needed to take time off for health issues. Great place to get started in clinical research.