Hamilton Health Sciences Employee Reviews

Productive, challenging and supportive
RN (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 May 2017
You will always secure employment and have an intrinsically rewarding position. Education and learning in order to provide supportive services is essential.
Pros
Long Hours
My day at work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 March 2017
I have learned that it is important to interact with fellow employees/colleagues at a person level and not to "work, work, work" all day long. It is important to laugh as well. The result is that more productivity occurs. The hardest part of the job is taking some time out to not take the job too seriously and getting the job done in a timely manner.
Pros
Friendships that can be made
Cons
If you do the job well, others rely on you to help them
Too Much change
SharePoint- Data Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 February 2017
Company has MGMT flaws.. Too many people going in and out.

Unfortunately it is an aging working class that tend to complain about their job rather then DO their job. I can only speak from my experience but outside of union employees you may lose your hair wondering where/if your job will exist tomorrow.

Overall structure seems to be changing.
great place to work, with lots of opportunity for growth
Emergency Department Business Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 February 2017
enriching environment, with lots of opportunity to learn. always something new and challenging happening in the department. room to grow and advance within the company.
Great colleagues and meaningful work
Admin (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 January 2017
Hamilton Health Sciences is a dynamic environment with solid management and smart, hard-working people. It is easy to interact with anyone at this organization as well as getting your work done.
Great group of people to work with
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 January 2017
Love the group of people I work with. Work is exciting and completely innovative. Great relationship betweeen staff and physician group. Tend to be understaffed most shifts though.
Hhs
Rehabilitation Therapist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 November 2016
I have worked there for just about a year now. All my co-workers have been friendly and very helpful.
The management team takes time out to recognize your efforts.
We deal with all different types of patients and it has proved challenging at times but I also find it rewarding in the sense I am part of a team who helps these patients in there recovery phase.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
lack of available work
Hamilton
Resident Physician (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 November 2016
Not many comments on Hamilton. HHS hospitals are often crowded, smelled, slow in providing care, But they are the major hospitals in Hamilton. Hamilton is not a fancy town.
Enjoyable place to work
Business Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 October 2016
Hi
Worked at Hamilton Health Sciences (McMaster Division) for 27 years. I worked in Medical Records, Admitting and the Emergency Department. I have learned so many jobs in my career at the hospital. Have learned how to work with many personalities and professional staff. Most of all, learned how to deal with patients.Having the patience and compassion of people that come for your help. When someone has an important role dealing with the public, is to put yourself in there situation and treat them how you would expect to be treated.
The most enjoyable part of my job would be meeting so many people and having good friends the rest of my life.
Pros
Medical knowledge
Cons
night shifts
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 October 2016
Staffing needs to be addressed. Very minimal staff available with a very heavy workload. Pay is reasonable and benefits are exceptional. Would not necessarily recommend all of the floors
Posting resume
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON29 September 2016
Working in the Imaging Library my day consists of importing/consulting images into our PACS system. Majority of these requests are for the Juravinski Cancer Center. AS well, answering phones, faxing reports to requesting physicians office, burning images for patients who have specialist appointments outside of the HHSC Corpoaration
Good staff there, nice teamwork
Registered Respiratory Therapist- Pediatric (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 August 2016
Enjoying working with the other RRTs at McMaster Children's, it's a tight knit group, very supportive of each other.
Workload seems to be well balanced, probably more staffing in the winter would be better for respiratory illness season.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Shift work hours
All were leading healthcare facilities
Customer Support Services Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 June 2016
I really enjoyed my work at HHS and established a respectful reputation with senior management, direct reports, the union representing labor and front line staff.
Pros
An incredible operational and management team
Cons
inequitable compensation amongst similar management positions
Friendly, Fast paced, Educational work enviornment
FILE CLERK / DATA ENTRY CLERK (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 May 2016
An ideal, great place to work! Everyone is very helpful and informative. An excellent place to learn the ins and outs of administrative work.
Hamilton Health Sciences
Program Secretary, Cardiac and Vascular Program (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 April 2016
Good pension
Opportunities for advancement.
Depending on the position, the environment can be at times very challenging to work in.
Always cutbacks in positions.
Pros
Pension
Cons
Environment, long hours, under appreciated
Government owned
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 March 2016
High salary, lots of benefits, but too much politics. Hours are limited if you are casual part-time. I used to love the 8 hours shift, but for me, 12 hours is too much.
Critical Care Data Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 March 2016
Wonderful work environment, loved my managers, coworkers and the patients at McMaster Children's Hospital.
Salary is very competitive, the only thing I would like to see change is the number of casual employees they hire to avoid paying benefits.
excellent place to work
Palliative Liaison (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 February 2016
opportunity to advance and initiate changes
Even though cancer survival is improving an average day spent at this hospital included a hard days work.It is highly known that those clients who weather the storm of a critical episode often experience an improvement and that provides for a job well done.
Great place to learn
Student (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 January 2016
Good workplace experience
Helped me improve my English skills greatly
Great people
Extremely understanding and helpful co-workers
Hhs
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 November 2015
-Great workplace
-Difficult to secure full time employment
-There is a variety of interesting people to get to know
-Great pay and benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hamilton Health Sciences. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval