Hamilton Health Sciences

Hamilton Health Sciences Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
HHS was an amazing place to work
Business Clerk (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJune 30, 2015
Pros: Environment
Cons: nothing
I was fortunate enough to have almost 30 years working at HHS and the knowledge I gained and people I worked with were amazing
Fast Pace Work Enviroment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Hamilton Health SciencesJune 24, 2015
As a part of a Team that deals with alot of tragic life altering experiences it always amazes me how well as a team we pull together to meet our goal either it is holding a hand to supporting a elderly man who is sick to helping a grieving Family of a Young Ciritcal Trauma. I feel rewarded after evey shift knowing that i have touched someone in there life in a time that no one would want to experience an never thought they would experience.
Environmental Aide
Environmental Aide (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 28, 2015
Job is alright, looking for full-time hours. Need to find a better job, with better pay as to me having 2 children. Never go up the chain of command, and just not interested in working with this employer any longer
Very slow paced and a lot of politics involved if you are working with the engineering department
Plumber (Former Employee), McMaster HospitalApril 28, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, pension
Cons: Boring
This is the type of job for someone who is not very ambitious in my opinion. It is a lot of sitting around and pretending to be busy and waitin for things to go wrong. Have to deal with the everyday drama of other employees
volunteer association
Customer Service Senior Staff (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 18, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: parking issues
wonderful community within the hospital, loved going to work everyday and miss it immensely. The most enjoyable part of the day was sharing things with the patients.
AN Engaging Environment
Senior Strategy Design Specialist (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 21, 2015
Working at HHS is a wonderful experience. However, I feel that to truly "fit" with its community, HHS must develop its management staff to help promote internally.
Job did not match my skill set. Isolated culture
Administrative/Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and hospital environment

Cons: Poor management and environment

Administrative/conference planning and HR were more data entry
Great place to work, plenty of opportunities for solid work experience
Registered Social Worker (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: hands on experience and autonomy of work
Cons: large part of work is sedentary and on the computer
i have worked both full time and part time. My typical day was a mix of individual and group work as well as approximately 60% of my time being devoted to reports and day to day case notes. I participated in regularly scheduled team meetings and would debrief with colleagues as needed. Everyone worked together well.
Great Experience and Atmosphere
Information Analyst (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONDecember 29, 2014
My time within the Finance and Decision Support departments allowed me to gain applicable experience while working with knowledgeable and supportive co-workers. I thoroughly enjoyed that any improvements to processes allowed for a greater quality of patient care.
Purchasing
Purchasing (Former Employee), St PetersNovember 18, 2014
Pros: collegues eager to perform
Cons: purchasing leadership lacking
Co workers are great to work with. Frequent conflicts in policy and job requirements. Lack of policies and procedures.
Job security is limited. Reducing support staff dramatically. Building is very old and has asbestos in the walls. Poor work environment .
Significant opportunities for challenging projects.
POSITIVE PROFICIENT WORK ENVIRONMENT
BUSINESS CLERK (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 22, 2014
Pros: staff appreciation lunches
Cons: no breaks some late hours
THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB IS THE PEOPLE INTERACTION
dont work security
security (Current Employee), hamiltonSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: everything
dont work for security the departments a joke management is literally out to get everyone and the guys working it are all pretentious know it alls.
Nursing Resource Team
Full-time Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 7, 2014
A typical work week as a registered practical nurse as part of the Nursing Resource Team involves planning for the complete unexpected. Floating between two hospitals and all wards ranging in acuity from emergency departments, trauma units to rehab or ALC, involve applying all required skills. HHS really utilizes their RPN's within the hospital setting; working along side of RN's and all interdisciplinary team members. A float nurse must be flexible, competent and accepting to change. Each shift is spent on a different ward; consistency lies within my own personal routine. My manager is very approachable, flexible and assertive. My co-workers are all very easy going, skilled, very educated, and friendly nurses. The highlight of my job is going to work each day with a new team, and getting to work with a variety of different nurses on each ward. The hardest part of my job is the nurse to patient ratio and being under-staffed; resulting in poor quality care. This fast paced work environment is exciting and very rewarding; floating to all areas keeps myself as a nurse sharp and always on my toes.
Management that encourages you to grow..
Pharmacy Research Coordinator (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 16, 2014
Pros: large institution, great management, great experience
Cons: not enough full time positions available
I obtained this job through a placement from my program at Niagara College. When I started my placement in the pharmacy at McMaster I immediately fell in love with the staff in the pharmacy department. This connection I had with the staff is what caused my now manager to approach me for a Research Coordinator position that had opened up. I have learned so much from this job and continue to learn new things every day. After a period of time my manager offered me an opportunity to start working at BARL while still gaining the experience and knowledge from my job at the hospital. She constantly is finding different ways for me to gain experience in different aspects of pharmacy research to help me be prepared for other job opportunities within the same field.
Helping people is important
Hospital Volunteer (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJune 1, 2014
Pros: free beverage
Treating patients every day with similar illnesses allows you to learn about the subtle differences in different stages of a disease.
Hamilton Health Sciences is a wonderful organization filled with skilled and caring employees.
Information Clerk (Current Employee), Information DepartmentMarch 9, 2014
Pros: excellent wages, working conditons
Cons: not enough hours.
I thoroughly enjoy my job at Hamilton Health Sciences. I direct people to appointments, departments and patients. Everyday is different and challenging. Rotating to three different hospitals makes for an interesting job.
Motivation
Registered Health Care Aide (Current Employee), Hamilton, OntarioNovember 30, 2013
Pros: variety of shifts
Cons: comprised supplies or short staffing because of budgets
Everyday we have something new to experience, whether it is a new procedure, a funny story from a Patient, Co-worker or a family member. Always something new to learn and develop with our experiences. Managers often would like to see more than the budget allows for, co-workers can make your job difficult or enjoyable, everyone has different ways of dealing with stressful issues and sometimes this can be very trying. Seeing patients and their families smile is my personal goal while I am at work. I take this same goal in my personal life as well. Life is not always easy,I try my best to keep the workplace an enjoyable place to be under sometimes stressful situations.
hamilton health sciences corp.
Staff Nurse - Ward F5 and B3 (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 28, 2013
Pros: excellent salary
Cons: understaffed
Excellent teaching hospital. Many opportunities for personal growth through education and career advancement.
Hamilton Health Sciences :)
Registered Nurse - Orthopaedics (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 13, 2013
Enjoyable place of employment.
Positive culture and inter-professional collaborations.
Postive work environment
Intercom Operator (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 12, 2013
Pros: no pressure and routined workplace
Cons: not challenging enough
A typical day at the Parking Office requires being alert of cameras and ensuring all gates are functioning properly, while assisting customers experiencing difficulty entering or exiting the lot. It is a fast paced work environment and requires immediate response in case of gate failures or emergencies.

About Hamilton Health Sciences

Hamilton Health Sciences is a family of seven unique hospitals, a cancer centre and an urgent care centre, serving more than 2.3 – Read more

Hamilton Health Sciences Photos

HPLC and Me!
My colleagues in Department of Nutrition Research, NNFTRI, I am the second guy from right