The Hamilton Conservation Authority currently has a 5 month contract opportunity for a:
Special Events Assistant
The Special Events Assistant will be involved with event coordination and administration, sales of HCA Membership passes, data entry and administration of files, and customer service projects.
1. We are seeking an outgoing person with a confident ability to greet customers in person, by
phone and by writing.
2. Experience with Windows XP and Microsoft Office.
3. Be a self starter and self confidence for working on your own.
4. Must have own transportation and valid driver’s license.
5. Must be familiar with the Hamilton area.
1. Assist in event operations and planning.
2. Available to work weekends as required.
3. Attend local events and HCA events for promotion and outreach.
4. Promote and sell HCA membership passes at the conservation areas and at special events.
5. Data entry and update files of clients, mail out of orders (tickets, letters, and promotional materials).
6. Assisting in answering the phone and email inquiries for event information.
7. Assisting in co-ordinating vendor’s requirements for events.
8. Maintains solid customer relationships by handling their questions and concerns with speed and professionalism.
9. Assist in conservation area gatehouses as needed.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Work location is based out of our main office at 838 Mineral Springs Road Ancaster. You must have your own transportation.
The position will begin in May and goes into late September and possibly longer.
Work hours are between 8:30 am – 5:00 pm based on a 32.5 - 37.5 hour work week. Weekend work as required.
The rate of pay will be $13.11/hr - $14.75/hr
Interested applicants should forward their resume via email, mail or fax by April 8, 2013 to:
Sofia Stanidis, Business Development Coordinator
Hamilton Conservation Authority
838 Mineral Springs Road, PO Box 81067
Fax: (905) 648-4622
** Clearly specify job title in email subject line
The Hamilton Conservation Authority is an equal opportunity employer and provides a smoke-free work environment.
Although we appreciate the interest of all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.