Are you looking for an Exciting Job Opportunity for 2013?
Are you passionate about making your community a safer place to live and work?
This is a great opportunity for you to contribute to your community by working directly on the various information technology projects underway and planned at the Halton Regional Police Service.
The Halton Regional Police Service (H.R.P.S.) is proud to serve the residents of Halton and is dedicated to providing proactive, reactive and preventative policing strategies to the growing communities of Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills. According to recent demographic trends, Halton Region is experiencing the 3rd fastest population increase in the GTA. Meeting the needs of its ever changing and growing population base through innovative information technology solutions to support policing is our top priority.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Project Manager to join our dynamic Information Technology team. You will play a key role in the growth of our critical technology solutions to support the short and long term goals of the Halton Regional Police Service.
The Project Manager will lead of a variety of technology related initiatives. IT project portfolio spans from delivering application to improve organizational efficiencies to enabling new IT infrastructure technologies.
Currently planned projects and initiatives include:
- Business Intelligence
- Records Management System Upgrade/Enhancement
- Electronic Court Brief
- CAD 911 System Upgrade/Enhancement
- IT Project Management Office Initiative
- Project Management and Business Analysis Methodologies
- Backup Architecture
- VOIP Migration
Your Opportunity to Make a Difference
The Project Manager is a senior position and is a part of the team with the required expertise in project management and business analysis disciplines. The Project Manager will act as an intermediary between business units and the IT department to propose and implement technical and business process changes. This includes reviewing, analyzing and evaluating business processes, systems and user needs for planned projects based on the Service’s business plans; and managing the implementation of assigned projects to ensure they are delivered on time and on budget with assigned resources and meet the needs of the H.R.P.S.
Key activities include:
- Providing direction and support in the application enhancements or new technology introduction as a Project Manager. Coordinating the work of vendors, users and IT staff; establishing procedures, methods and standards for systems, sub-systems and new/enhanced applications; applying knowledge of system capacity to determine feasibility of projects; initiating project plans, managing all aspects of the assigned project scope, planning project budgets, reports project expenses and communicating regularly on the status of assigned projects and/or deliverables.
- Partnering with users and project stakeholders to review and analyze business processes and needs; facilitating meetings at all levels in the Service and manages conflict resolution to identify business requirements.
- Documenting business analysis results such as business cases, use cases, process flow, test plans, system acceptance criteria, system/application requirement and specifications.
- Assisting technical teams in producing business functionality requirements statement and translates the application functionality into application architecture. Designing and executing test plans to ensure business requirements and functional specifications are implemented properly and meet objectives; analyzing department production and redesigns business workflow as appropriate; conducting training sessions to implement new or improved systems and procedures.
- Developing the required business cases which includes; facilitating the analysis workshops, and participating in selecting the most effective solution; and defines and manages User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure that operational and IT deliverables meet the requirements.
Your Professional Qualifications:
Your qualifications will include successful and progressive experience contributing to a medium sized IS organization encompassing the following skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Minimum five (5) years progressive, related work experience with business systems analysis and developing, implementing, and coordinating IT projects.
- Previous experience coordinating the work of others in a non-supervisory capacity, and ensuring the quality of the work of consultants and contractors is in compliance with contract requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in business process re-engineering, organizational change management, gap analysis, and issue management, as well as project management methods and tools.
- Well developed technical knowledge of implementation of n-tier web applications, database technologies, GUI Windows/web-based environment, Windows operating environment, MS Office tools, HTML, XML, SQL.
- Community college diploma in information technology, business administration or related field. An equivalent combination of education and/or related experience.
- Superior organization and planning skills, with the ability to manage competing priorities and multiple projects to ensure the commitments are met.
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects, with conflicting priorities and limited resources.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders and the ability to produce high quality reports.
- Superior analytical, research, and problem solving skills, with the ability to respond to a wide variety of situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and to build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated facilitation and leadership skills; ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to coordinate the work of cross-functional project groups.
- Knowledge and experience with Project Management methods and tools.
- Business Analysis certification or Project Management Professional (PMP) is considered an asset.
Location and Other Considerations:
This position is based in Oakville at the Halton Regional Police Services Headquarters and offers candidates an exciting workplace opportunity with a balanced lifestyle away from the hectic commute to the city. This location offers an on-site gym and cafeteria.
The salary range for this position is $74,805 to $84,033 per year (July 1, 2013).
Please Note: Currently, we are working on a new job evaluation process. Once this new process has been approved, all civilian positions will be re-evaluated using our new pay structure. As a result, please be aware that the current pay structure posted for this position may not reflect the future pay structure following re-evaluation.
We offer a competitive benefits package, which includes but is not limited to healthcare benefits (i.e. dental, vision care), paid leave (i.e. annual vacation and designated holidays (13)) and pension plan – Ontario Municipal Employee Retirement System (O.M.E.R.S.).
How To Be Considered For This Exciting Opportunity
Anyone interested in this opportunity must apply on-line with a resume and a detailed letter outlining their experience and skills. This information should be forwarded to Staffing Advisor, Human Resource Services, quoting Competition # 20 - C-13B by 16:00 pm on October 1, 2013.
Please note: All applications must be submitted to the Service’s on-line system to be considered for this vacancy.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must cut and paste the following link into your web browser –
http://www.haltonpolice.ca/JoinUs/CivilianOpportunities/Pages/JobOpportunities.aspx. Select the job posting “Manager, Project”. Scroll down to the bottom of the webpage of that specific job posting. Click on Apply Now.
Please Note: Initial applications to our Service require a two step process, initial registration on the system and an application for a specific position. You should receive two confirmation emails: one for initial registration on the system and one for an application to a specific position.
No phone calls or emails, please. The Halton Regional Police Service is committed to the principles of equal opportunity. We thank all applicants, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Opening Date: Tuesday September 17, 2013
Closing Date: Wednesday October 1, 2013