Halton Healthcare Services Employee Reviews

Overall good place to work but...
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON5 February 2017
This environment is best for people who are single or have a lot of free time, shifts are all over the place and not consistent. Pay is great but your social life is pretty much out the door. Everyone is friendly, there are great people here to work with but hours are long and a lot of times people are fighting for shifts.
Pros
Good pay great people potential for many shifts
Cons
Non consistent schedule, a lot of weekend and evening work
enjoying my job
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON17 January 2017
My day at work is to make sure that all the people are feed . Get alone with ca-workers and be a team to get ever thing done . My management is great i have no problem with i do my job and this are fine . The most enjoyable part of the day is to just see the smile on the people face there.
good
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON11 November 2016
Very small facility, therefore the jobs at the location was not easy to get. Good experience as a intern when I was there. Not enough opportunities for growth because of the size and services at the location I was at.
Staff Very difficult to work with
Ultrasound Technologist/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 October 2016
Doctors, staff, and management are not friendly and difficult to work with. Always complaining and feel entitled. No team work seen everyone out for themselves.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
peoole are unfriemdly
Unsupportive management and HR
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Various27 July 2016
I wish I could say better things. I really can't recommend this employer based on my own and the experiences I heard from other people. The CEO is fully aware but chooses to ignore.
worst place to work... pharmacy @ trafalgar
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON18 May 2016
Been there for several years.. pay is good.. but worst managment I have ever worked with. ..they have no managment skills. One senior tech just sit in his office... doesn't even know why that person is there. 6 months into the new hospital ... still doesn't have a work flow set up. Most are looking to leave the place.. very dissapoointed
Cons
bad work hours.. micro managment.. feels like a jail
Education and welcoming environment
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON7 December 2015
Hospital staff are friendly and inviting. The management team is very helpful and welcoming. I found it very exciting to be behind the scenes of the hospital and view how it runs daily from an IAT perspective.
productive and fun workplace
co-op placement (Current Employee) –  oakville2 September 2015
I enjoy working at the hospital. Everyone are friendly and laid back. great environment to be in. very productive. The hardest part about the job seeing the patient sick. I learn a lot doing my placement there. hopefully i find a job in that same environment.
Pros
great environment
Cons
less hours
Terrible Managment
OTA PTA (Former Employee) –  Everywhere18 December 2014
The rehab team at HHS is wonderful, everyone is very kind and accepting. The manager for the rehab services is the worst manager I have come across. I have not met one person with a good word about the manager. If you are not part of the main team and are a casual employee you will be used as needed and then tossed to the side. As a new employee when you begin the manager will be very kind and caring towards you, you will get plenty of shift, a lot of smiles and promises. Once you have been employed for some time you will start to notice that you are getting less and less shifts, you will feel as if you are in the "bad books", there will be new hires who will be priorities to take shifts over you. The manager has a history of using favortism. Job positions have been given to people the manager is more friendly towards rather than who is more qualified. The Manager is not approachable or sympothetic.
Pros
Friendly Team
Cons
Managment. No shifts for old employees
An organization that genuinely cares for its employees.
RN, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON19 November 2014
I have been working at Halton Halthcare Services for almost 10 years.
Pros
The hospital is expanding to a new location in 2015, this will allow for more job opportunities within the facility.
Cons
More inhouse education
Superficial leadership with limited progression allowed
nnnnn (Former Employee) –  oakville17 November 2014
Everyone is friendly and appear supportive but management is reactive and lacks foresight. Poor behavior is allowed and can be deflating.
Lots of meetings among management in lieu of moving. Lots of change initiated with minimal involvement by front line staff.
Great front line staff members. They're really dedicated to their patients.
Pros
good pay
Cons
lots of favoritism by managers
Dietary Aide
Casual Helper (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON12 August 2014
opportunity to work in different departments like emergency.
Nice place to work