Halogen Software

Halogen Software Employee Reviews in Canada

Okay workplace, zero advancement
Account Development (Sales) (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ONJanuary 15, 2013
It is a decent place to work wherein you have Pizza Fridays every other week and intimate lunches with the CEO once/twice a year where he takes feedback from every employee (not contractors, though).

There is no room to grow in the company. Compensation is very limited and basic where you will constantly feel a crunch and need for a second household income. Company has a "hire from outside/fresh blood" policy, hence do not encourage current employees to move up or across.

Good experience for starters, but you stop learning and growing after the 6 month mark unfortunately.
Room for improvement!
Corporate IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 21, 2016
A great company to work for. Some very smart people in team but company needs to focus on retention rather than recruiting.
It is a business that uses technology but doesn't really understand what it is capable of.
Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 6, 2013
A blind eye to technical debt is what I would say is the main/only real issue with this company.

Otherwise, this is a great company to be at in terms of the people you will work with. I love coming into work for the people.
Pros
great people
Cons
salary is mediocre, messy code, old timers club, no stock options.
Left the security of this company for a large salary
Project Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 30, 2014
Halogen offered a good life/work balance. The only reason for my departure was a 30k salary increase per year.
Pros
management, life balance
Cons
long commute to work and home
Great Company, Great Experience
ACCOUNT DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 17, 2015
I had a blast during my short time with Halogen. They have a firm understanding of performance management and provide employees a great working environment and truly show their appreciation of everything their staff does.

I left to pursue other ventures, but left on a positive note.
Pros
Great introduction to the software environment
Cons
cold calling
Pizza Fridays Rock!
Inside sales - International (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ONAugust 16, 2013
Typical day at work..Head down. dialing.. head down talking..

I learned that it is important to work in an environment where you feel valued.

Management can be like a revolving door depending on what department you work in.

Great co workers, fun, easy to be around.

Hardest part of the job is getting management to recognize talent that stands before them.

Most enjoyable part of the job was talking to great people all over the world.
Pros
pizza fridays..social events
Cons
lack of opportunity for advancement
Extrordinary Company
Reception (Former Employee) –  KanataNovember 12, 2013
The working environment at Halogen Software is excellent; I have never seen so many bright smiles in one place. Everyone was extremely friendly, and more than welcoming, I felt right at home. The facilities team is very well coordinated, supportive, and work very well amongst each other. The employees are absolutely wonderful, to say the least, and it is no surprise that Halogen is such an extraordinary company.I have gained a great deal of experience and knowledge, and am more confident in the reception/admin field since filling the position at Halogen. I admire the high level of professionalism that Halogen Displays, and I am very proud to add Halogen to my resume.
Pros
free lunches, excellent employees, friendly and professional environment, free parking
Cons
none.
productive and great
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ONMarch 21, 2012
great company to work for however, there is no advancement opportunities. and dont like the hours of operation
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
dont like hours of operation
Not recommended
Automation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 5, 2014
Only go there if you like to play Euchre and enjoy having new tasks thrown at you constantly.
Pros
nice building to work in.
Cons
too many to list.
Premium Technical Support Services.
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 23, 2014
-Receive phone calls and emails regarding client inquires and issue with the software applications.

2.9