Hallmark Employee Review

Poorly run and cheap
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  GTA/Toronto Area12 June 2013
Hallmark pays terrible wages to their retail staff. Almost no increases at all and when you do get one it is only a few pennies. Keyholders are not paid any more than other staff. They are very demanding for minimum wage.

The management is completely disinterested in the retail staff but put plenty of demands on you regarding promotions, membership, add-ons, lots of heavy lifting and manual labor, short break times, sick time, etc.

It has really gone downhill since the U.S. took over Canadian operations about a year ago.

I am looking for another job.

Pros
I work with some very nice co-workers
Cons
The demands they put on you for little pay

Other Hallmark Employee Reviews

Its a great workplace merchandising is hands on making displays with and without planograms.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON7 February 2018
The store is a great working environment with great staff , we generally work alone on a day to day basis doing merchandising with and without planograms I am able to pick up Or pass on a task to a team member easily as we work well together and alone as well. The reason I am seeking other employment is with the new wage increase hours are decreasing .
Pros
Experience in merchandising
Cons
Not enough hours
Alright workplace
KEY HOLDER/ SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 February 2018
- staff was amazing
- management was okay
- learned how to prepare bank deposits
- typical day at work was very slow, unless christmas season/ mothers day/ valentines day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark. Our community is ready to answer.