Hallmark Employee Reviews

Respect work, life balance.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada5 October 2017
Stores gradually closed as leases expire. Eliminating asst. managers. Don't have full-time sales associates. Key carriers are part-time sales associates, don't have own job description, so not held accountable for their LOD shifts.
worked as a chashier at walmaer
Head office (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 September 2017
I very much enjoyed my job but I had too much on my plate. so because of that I quit before my probation was over. I remember very well how the cashiers used in Walmart
Pros
im quick i can make the scans per minute back at my last locaion
Positive environment
Fulltime key holder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 September 2017
The management at hallmark as well as the staff were great.
Having a positive environment to work in really made a difference in the quality of work that was getting done.
Very fun upbeat work environment
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB15 September 2017
Hallmark was a very well managed work environment. a typical day at Hallmark cards relevantly busy, more so on holiday that require cards for example valentines day, Easter and Christmas.
Myself i never found anything a struggle that this job.
team member
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK25 August 2017
great place to work at
manager is super friendly and willing to work around your life
help with costumers
take initiative around the building ( if something needs to be clean)
fun place and nice customers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 August 2017
.helping customers find their gifts
choosing the right cards for their occasion
personalized service
enjoyable job
standing up is the only negative part of it
Productive and fun place.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  501 consumers rd22 July 2017
The best place to work for. Started at a level 1 left at a level 7. The people there are still involved in my life. I lost my job in 2008. The manufacturing department was transferred to the USA. We still call ourselves the hallmark family. Best years of my life.

Flexible, decent hours
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON21 July 2017
During my time at Hallmark i can say that they offer flexible hours. However, there is not very much hours to be given. The hours can range from 4hrs-15hrs a week.
fun times until june hits because xmas stuff comes out
Ast Manager (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC11 July 2017
I loved working here for the simple fact my mother was the manager, and we had two girls who worked their butts off for us..
As soon as june hit, everything got crazy because that's when all of the xmas ornaments start coming in, and believe me, the collectors are completely insane about their ornaments. So from June until January all you're dealing with is xmas inventory... Not fun!! Makes you hate xmas! haha
Sales Rep
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2017
Absolutely loved working for Hallmark Cards. They treated me extremely well. I liked the travel and setting up Card Shops. The team I worked with were close knit and upstanding.
Pros
Very Social interaction with clients and team workers
Cons
None really
great place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  North York, ON12 June 2017
It's really a great place to work. Helping customers find the perfect card or ornament for that special occasion. Ordering stock, setting up new displays for the upcoming event example Christmas, Easter etc.
overall it was a great experience
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 June 2017
loved the atmosphere and friendly co-workers. Amazing customer service as well as great benefits. I loved working at Hallmark. However I never received my last salary!!!!
Amazing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON30 May 2017
Hallmark was my first job and it will always have a special place in heart. The environment is amazing, the people you socialize with really make your day.
Contradiction to Hallmark Values
Product Marketing, Head Office (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 May 2017
Worked at Hallmark for several years and watched as the company declined in numbers and morals. Sometimes the conditions were inhumane and it all had to do with the managers that worked there. HR would not do anything about it and a lot of the managers were there because they had worked there all their lives (straight from high school) and had all the experience but lacked managerial/people skills. I, along with several people who no longer work for the company, can attest to the fact that there was a lack of respect for employees and a lot of shady things occurred within the management team that could be said to go against everything Hallmark portrays to value. I willingly left the company as did a lot of people, whether it were for another job or for sick leave (which occurred way too often and had to do with the mental health of employees). The only good thing to come out of this job, other than a steady income, was the friendships I made with co-workers.
Pros
Resume building
Cons
Worked everyone like a dog, Shady HR manager, lack of perks for employees, but managers got all the perks like sporting events, telling employees they should be grateful they have a job, minimal raises if any, salary freezes frequently
great place for learning
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2017
6 hours a day 5 days a week.
great for learning cleaning.
not a great management team but good place to work.
Great people to work with and good pay.
hardest part of the job was having to complete tasks on tight schedule.
Great part time employment for students
Cashier and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON13 May 2017
Hallmark cares about their employees. Great wage, excellent work environment, accommodating management. Healthy competition between coworkers to increase sales. Kind customers.
festive enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON12 May 2017
Hallmark was an exciting environment to work in because of the different holidays and occasions. I would get the pleasure of helping customers prepare for special occasions, celebrations and much more. The hardest part of the job was trying to figure out if some people needed help.
Pros
free chocolate bars
Cons
not enough hours
productive place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  North York, ON24 March 2017
great working environment, good management team and very supportive. Planograms to set up for each occasion e.g. easter, mother's day, Christmas, thanks giving etc.
Awesome Environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC23 March 2017
I personally enjoyed helping people find the right card and gift that they are looking for. Working with the public is an enjoyable yet unpredictable environment
Always busy, fun to talk to and help customers
Manager (Former Employee) –  Stonewall, MB18 March 2017
One wall of windows made for a sunny happy atmosphere. There was always work to do and many repeat customers that I could compliment and help. Our computer cash system was efficient so training new girls was relatively easy. If needed I would come in to help them close a few times.
Pros
Healthcare paid 50 percent by the owners
Cons
All holidays managers were required to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark. Our community is ready to answer.