Hallmark Canada Employee Review

View all Hallmark Canada reviews

Poorly run and cheap
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  GTA/Toronto Area12 June 2013
Hallmark pays terrible wages to their retail staff. Almost no increases at all and when you do get one it is only a few pennies. Keyholders are not paid any more than other staff. They are very demanding for minimum wage.

The management is completely disinterested in the retail staff but put plenty of demands on you regarding promotions, membership, add-ons, lots of heavy lifting and manual labor, short break times, sick time, etc.

It has really gone downhill since the U.S. took over Canadian operations about a year ago.

I am looking for another job.

Pros
I work with some very nice co-workers
Cons
The demands they put on you for little pay

Other Hallmark Canada Employee Reviews

worked as a chashier at walmaer
Head office (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 September 2017
I very much enjoyed my job but I had too much on my plate. so because of that I quit before my probation was over. I remember very well how the cashiers used in Walmart
Pros
im quick i can make the scans per minute back at my last locaion
Cons
Very fun upbeat work environment
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB15 September 2017
Hallmark was a very well managed work environment. a typical day at Hallmark cards relevantly busy, more so on holiday that require cards for example valentines day, Easter and Christmas.
Myself i never found anything a struggle that this job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark Canada. Our community is ready to answer.