Hallmark Canada Employee Reviews

great place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  North York, ON12 June 2017
It's really a great place to work. Helping customers find the perfect card or ornament for that special occasion. Ordering stock, setting up new displays for the upcoming event example Christmas, Easter etc.
productive place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  North York, ON24 March 2017
great working environment, good management team and very supportive. Planograms to set up for each occasion e.g. easter, mother's day, Christmas, thanks giving etc.
Awesome Environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC23 March 2017
I personally enjoyed helping people find the right card and gift that they are looking for. Working with the public is an enjoyable yet unpredictable environment
Environement de travail productif
Assistante gérante (Former Employee) –  Rosemère, QC15 March 2017
Tres a lecoute de la clientèle pour répondre a leur exigence
management
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 December 2016
management is not satispied our work that why i deside to find another job and even i do my job properly ahe always mad to us not only me wven my co workers
Pros
people
Cons
short hours
Team mates made it a fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON19 April 2016
Poor pay, but sometimes customers made up for it. Never saw a raise.I did enjoy working there though because of the people.
fun workplace
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 April 2016
• Obtained orders
• Picked wholesale units of product from the filling line as per customer requirement.
• Packed the stock, filled in appropriate shipping cartons and applied the correct carton identifier numbers.
• Ensure the packing and labeling meet customer requirements (neat, orderly, legible).
• Completed the necessary paperwork accurately.
Great while it lasted
Production Supervisor / Operations Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2016
Great working atmosphere, safety and quality were #1. Global and technology changes were the demise of this organization. Family oriented and at 1 time was one of Canada's best workplaces.
No Reward for a Good Job
Keyholder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 November 2015
The product orders arrive all through the day and have to be received and dealt with right away. A lot of the boxes are quite heavy (depending on what is in them) and a lot of orders can be over 20 boxes at a time.

There is no opportunity to use "creative flair" when setting up a display, every product has to go on the right shelf in the right space which uses up a lot of time cross-referencing the planogram for exact placement when time could be better spent on more important things such as just getting the product out for sale.

The hourly wage is just over minimum with little chance of getting a raise, no matter how well you do the job. Even a keyholder with more responsibility doesn't make more money than anyone else.

The worst part is the "customer service" expectations. It's more like being pushy and upselling. Management isn't happy to just let people browse around in the store, you have to find out WHY they are there and selling them something. I want to be helpful, but I don't want to make the customers uncomfortable with mindless chitchat that always seems to come off as phoney when I listen to management do it.

Its frustrating as well to spend time making a display nice then being told 2 weeks later to take it down and put up something else. It just seems like a lot of "make work" projects, especially when this isn't a store that has a weekly flyer that needs you to highlight the "specials" that are changing.

Too much sales pressure and not enough compensation. Look for something else.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
pressure selling, low wage, lots of physical labor, no pay raises
Environnement agréable
Vendeuse et caissière (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC31 May 2015
C'est une belle place pour travailler. Aider les clients à trouver un ou des cartes et un petit présent pour un événement en particulier et que le client repart satisfait, voilà la joie de travailler au sein de cette entreprise.
Average employer, good location
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON30 April 2015
Provided job security and overall was an average place of employment. Not overly pleased with management but managed to work through that for 15 years.
Was a great place to learn and hone my skills.
Manager - I.T. Business Solutions Development (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 April 2015
Many opportunities to learn and perfect my skills. Was able to learn both strategic and tactical skills in order to be successful.
Learned to enhance my organizational skills
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 March 2015
-Great customer relations
-Great sales experience
-Fun work environment to learn how to work well in a team.
- Hardest part of the job is learning how to communicate with difficult customers, however this job gives a great opportunity to learn how to deal with this situation thanks to its great management team.
Flexible and fun job, with nice co-workers.
Order Management Analyst/ Order Service System (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2015
I thoroughly value my years at Hallmark, and was very fortunate with the opportunities I was provided to grow my skills over that time.
My supervisors were very supportive and were more than willing to train me in all aspects of the job, which enabled me to be more productive and successful. This is a great job for a person who works well independently, is organized and enjoys being active and outgoing. I enjoyed my time with Hallmark and would work for them again if given the opportunity.
Pros
very flexible schedule
Cons
Vacation time
Credit & Collections Representative/ AR (Current Employee) –  501 Consumers Rd., North York, On5 November 2014
Wonderful environment
Fun place to work
Lots of opportunities to grow and learn
Productive workplace with lots of opportunities for growth
Demand & Inventory Planner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2014
Working for Hallmark Canada has truly helped me grow professionally.
work life balance
Demand and Inventory Planner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2014
Good organization to build up skills and experience
Nice team work
Sample Clerk
Sample clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2014
Received, filed, re-organized and retrieved samples for product marketing.
very enjoyable to merchandise cards
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 October 2013
I enjoyed merchandising cards and hallmark. it was busy, and I enjoyed helping customers.
Pros
discount on cards
Cons
a lot of travel
Great Place to work
IT Coordinator / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto Ontario17 September 2013
Procurement
Administrative Duties
Data Entry
Reeception
Pros
Great people
Cons
Downsizing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark Canada. Our community is ready to answer.