Halliburton

Halliburton Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Lots of work, little outside life
Operator assistant (Current Employee), kilgoreApril 24, 2014
lots of work, but little time outside of work. you dont make as much as you think.
At the end of the day its a good paycheck.
Safety Supervisor (Current Employee), Pampa txApril 23, 2014
Pros: good benefits, good paycheck
Cons: hard work and its hard to get a raise even if you do the competencys!
A great place to start but you definitely don't want to finish here! Employee retention sucks its like nobody cares because they never do anything about it .The hours you get is why people stay around not because of the hourly rate.
You are a number.
Technical Professional Cementing (Former Employee), Fresno, TXApril 23, 2014
At Halliburton it is difficult to move forward with the company. The benefits are great. You will be working hard for you salary. I have learned a lot of managerial skills.
Great team work
Project Manager (Current Employee), Duncan, OKApril 22, 2014
Pros: good management
Cons: slow employee advancement
Well organized, team atmosphere and culture. Supportive management
Halliburton Netherlands
field specialist /service supervisor 3 (Current Employee), Ijmuiden / NetherlandsApril 22, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: not being told the plan forward
I took a position in Ijmuiden which i thought was a good move for my career but i am now seeing that in fact i think it was a backward step in my career which i cannot except at this stage of my career .
A typical day is attend the morning meeting to see what jobs are upcoming but no one is told what jobs you are going on so you do not get the equipment – more... ready till last minute till you are on the job .
I have learned in the UK before i came over here but i have not learned anything in the time i have been here . – less
Frac
Frac hand (Current Employee), Evansville, WYApril 20, 2014
Pros: one week off after a 14 day hitch
Cons: pay
long hours, have to fight with mother nature
i have learned different types of equipment
management is all right
co-workers are great, it is like the army, we have a brother hood
hardest part of the job is working 18+ hours
the most enjoyable part of the job is the one week off after working 14 days straight
Alright place to work- various stress levels, constant policy change
Chemist/ Lab Technician (Former Employee), Fort Stockton, TXApril 17, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: title changes and pay decrease
The hardest part of the job was working the night shift. I enjoyed the co-workers and the actual work wasn't to taxing. Policy seemed to be changing constantly. Worst part of the job was title changes and pay decrease.
Gret company, very educational
Shop Hand, I (Current Employee), Odessa,TxApril 17, 2014
Great company there benifits is awsome. 401k is offerend and they will match you very well. my first day Halliburton gave me 91 hours of paid vacation time.
Crazy work schedule
Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Pampa, TXApril 16, 2014
Pros: good overtime
Cons: work schedule was random and up in the air.
work schedule was random. one pay period nights next days onsite schedule was hit n miss.
I miss working outside, the culture and miss the long hours.
Operator Assistant II (Former Employee), Rock Springs, WYApril 16, 2014
Pros: 2 weeks on, one week off schedule, physical.
Cons: weather can dictate when you come home.
I would work for them again over other energy services. Plenty of hours and the company stretches across America.
IT Payroll Programmer
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 11, 2014
Supported Payroll from an IT perspective as it related to software updates and day to day payroll processing and issues. Also, supported Month-end, Quarter-end, & Year-end processing.
It's a start
Electric/Instrument Technician I (Current Employee), Minot, NDApril 10, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: pay/hours
This is a company that demands all of your time. There is no life work balance. Though they say that the pay is in the 95%, that is for frac hands not educated trade. They pay next to nothing in comparison to the industry standard but you can work 120 hours a week to make up for it. The benefits are better than most companies I have seen, which is a – more... plus. – less
work
Shop Hand (Former Employee), white oakApril 10, 2014
Cons: no short braks
work realy hard never have a day work hard all tha time do hard work every day all ways tired whe you get off
Ok job but a lot of hours away from home a lot and pay was low.
Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COApril 8, 2014
Pros: benefits were good.
Cons: to meany hours a way from home a lot..
Job is demanding with a lot of hours. A way from home a lot. benefits were good. Advancements was low hard to get any were higher. Management was ok a little demanding . Job culture was not so good. People were not working as a team and a lot of conflicts.
Awesome place to work if you get the opportunity take it.
SAP Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Duncan, OKApril 7, 2014
Pros: great benefits and management
Paid oil and gas invoices large amounts all day. I learned to be quick and efficient. Management was excellent. Co-workers were great.
The hardest part of the job was leaving due to my better half being transferred. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendships and having plenty of work to do.
Company with good benefits
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TxApril 7, 2014
Learning to balance work and life
Great people
New leadership
Great Place to work
SO1 (Current Employee), Brighton ColoradoApril 7, 2014
Pros: having a whole week off from work, benefits are great, pay is good because of overtime
Cons: not seeing family or friends for weeks on end, pay is good because of the hrs you work.
Working with Halliburton has been an eye opening experience. I have learned a lot about myself and how I have dealt with different circumstances. The people I have worked with all care about their job and the everyone they work around. The day is a long one, it can run from a 12hr day to 18hr day. I am working a scheduled that has you work 2 weeks then – more... a week off. The scheduled can run real long on the 2nd week of work. I love working with everyone, its like a family. – less
lots of hours but fun co workers
Operations Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Lupton, COApril 7, 2014
Pros: free lunch and good co workers
Cons: 15 hour days
everyday at work I learned something new about the job. the hardest part is the hours. management wants to see everyone be happy and safe at work.
lots of advancement
Pump Technician (Former Employee), Brighton, COApril 5, 2014
Pros: amazing benefits.
tons of departments and advancement options. great knowledge learned in many areas of the oil field.
LOGCAP III
EAP Coordinator (Former Employee), IraqApril 5, 2014
War-zone experience second to none in gaining opportunity to help employees through crisis and trauma.

About Halliburton

Halliburton (pronounced /ˈhælɨbɜrtən/; NYSE: HAL) is the world's second largest oilfield services corporation with operations – Read more