Halliburton Employee Reviews in Canada

Average
Senior Applied Fluids Optimization Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, SCTMarch 8, 2014
Not the best company that one can ever be empolyed by, but it is still good.
Workplace
Directional Driller (Current Employee) –  CanadaMarch 8, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
productive good experience
Fiber optics specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton abFebruary 8, 2014
Fast pace life style, good experience, great money.
good benefits.
Pros
experience, good money
Cons
out of town
its a good company.
CNC/MILLTURN MANUAL MILLING AND LATHE (Current Employee) –  malaysiaFebruary 4, 2014
Its a nice and neat place to work.
I learned so many thing specially SAFETY and QUALITY.
Pros
free lunch
good place to start out
Service operator/ Class one driver/ Fraccer (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 26, 2014
I think halliburton is a great company for people that want to get there foot in the door and make a bit of money.
The only reason im leaving is i would like to be home ever night if that wasnt and issue i would not even consider leaving the company.
Pros
average pay
Cons
long hour and away from home for extended periods of time
Good company to work for
AFP (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 25, 2014
Mainly worked in the field with a crew of up to four people under
the supervision of Field Professional. Assisted with getting
ready for jobs, supervising the crew and doing safety meeting
in the shop/field. Ran the winch, worked with high technology tools,
created and interpreted final logs (using warrior system, summit).
Worked long hours in extreme hot/cold weather conditions.
Excellent management from coordinators down, But the brass needs a shakeup
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 25, 2014
The culture at halliburton is what retains people, nothing else. Although the bonus system has recently been stepped up in the production enhancement department, respect for the upper echelons in PE is non-existent. To be fair however, this seems typical for anyone in a company of this size looking from the bottom upwards.

The company stresses safety, yet for a long time refused to do what was necessary to retain skilled hands that had to experience to do things safely. I believe that the new bonus system will change that, and that overall this is a good company to work for.
FODP CEMENTING
Highly motivated junior engineer (Former Employee) –  grande prairie, abDecember 17, 2013
i am very interested in the position mentioned above, with that i am attaching my resume and i would highly appreciate it if you would go through it and consider me as one of the applicant for this position.My work experience is related to the oil and gas, i worked as a engineer technologist in the cementing department with Halliburton.
I am a very highly motivated person , with high innovation skills and very eager to learn new skills and achieve more and more. thank you again.
Good employees and team members with mutual respect and good work environment
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 5, 2013
Always busy with my own work load and helping others getting their work done. Management allows me to take my own decisions and helpful in providing all assistance. Good team environment and love to work such a company.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
parking is a nightmare
pump operator
OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABNovember 8, 2013
Job is dirty and dangerous. The job involves hard labor and long hours.This is a job for a young man that wants to make lots of money and spend little time at home.
Pros
good wage
Cons
away from home and dangerous.
Working in the Halliburton R&D facility was an enjoyable experience.
Technician-Mechanical (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABOctober 2, 2013
It's a great company to work for. One is taught how to work safe. Co-workers are good in general. Everybody respect each other. My job there as a mechanical technician in the R&D facility was great. I learned new things and most of the time there was something new to do and to learn.
Very well run and organized environment. Compensated extremely well
Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABSeptember 9, 2013
I started at Halliburton when I finished Lambton College as a Electrical Technician I was responsible for the units in the field while I was on site as well as the repairs to the units when the got back to the shop. The shift work was 10 days on 4 days off of 8 hour shifts but while in the field shifts could last anywhere from 8-16 hours giving a lot of opportunity for overtime. The management that I answered to was very knowledgeable and willing to help whenever it was needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was different all of the time and since technology is always changing and upgrading there is always going to be more to learn. The hardest part of the job was in the field when there is no cell reception and needed to ask a question you would basically be stranded until you figure it out.
Pros
a lot of overtime opportunity
Cons
possible long hours
good company to work for
Supervisor / equipment operator (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABAugust 21, 2013
gained very good knowledge and experience.Learned a lot about the coil tubing industry.
Good co-workers
Field Operator 1 (Current Employee) –  Medicine HatAugust 13, 2013
Dislike the 15 on 6 off work schedule, but overall a decent company to work for nothing bad to say about them
Pros
great paying job
Cons
15 on 6 off work schedule
Fast paced, On your toes
M/LWD Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABAugust 12, 2013
MWD Work, In Field Tool Preperation and Maintenance. Great Pay long hours and inconsistent work schedule.
Pros
big money
Cons
no down time
Great place To work if you are single without kids
Field Engineering Hand (Former Employee) –  Edmonton AlbertaJune 17, 2013
This is a great and rewarding company with good management. The salary and benefits are great and the training is very good. Most people you will wok with are engineers and a great source of information for training. Most of your training will be in the field working.
The work life balance is not so great. This is a career for someone who is single and has no kids. You wont be home for up to 3 months at a time. This was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
great salary and benefits
Cons
poor work/life ballance
Good guys to works, great benefits, possible over seas work.
Tool Hand Superviser (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABMay 15, 2013
I have been working for the company for almost 3 yrs. I have moved up very quickly and the pay is great. I have learned a lot, but I have begun to missing cooking and being in a high paced environment. Most of my co- workers are great. I think the hardest part of my job is trying to fix things when they go wrong. At those times everyone is watching you, plus dealing with all the top guys on lease and watching on line back at the head offices. At the same time that is my favorite parts of the job, being in the fire (so to speak), figuring out what is wrong and the high off getting it all done.
Pros
good money
Cons
not creating things, and there is no passion in the industry.
Good
M/LWD Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABApril 25, 2013
Good place to work. Excellent people to work with. Great learning experience.
Pros
good job
Cons
no schedule
An excellent working environment and awesome boss.
Material / Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nisku, ABApril 11, 2013
A typical day at work starts with a Tool meeting where someone from the team is expected to share their value or safety moment.
The rest of the day just go bye quickly because there is always something to do.
Pros
stress free work environment
Cons
non that i can think of
Materials Control Specialist
Associate Materials Control Specialist, HCT (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABApril 10, 2013
I started out with no experience in the warehouse, unpacking boxes and handing parts to the people who required them. Gradually increasing my own knowledge of parts and assembly for each product service line. Daily SAP usage. Inventory control through monthly cycle counting. Eventually specializing in Completion tools, issuing materials as needed for sales. Recently learning to be back up materials for Bulk Cements Materials control. Learning chemical issuing and conversions for sales as well.
Pros
amazing benefits