Halliburton

Halliburton Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun place to work and be outdoors
Wire Line Technician (Former Employee), Rock Springs, WYSeptember 28, 2014
worked in the wireline department. Obtained CDL class A license
Non-stop workplace, Fast paste enviorment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, decent break time
Cons: no benefits
Work on packaging orders when I come in later on start picking items for the loaders and soon after start unloading trucks
Good start off, not much of a future
Field Services Technician (Current Employee), Perth, WASeptember 20, 2014
Good to get a start in the industry. Low paying, not much of a future.
Great team culture
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 20, 2014
Great place to gain experience not a great place for job security.
Working far from your family is hard
Cementing Assistant (Former Employee), Cabinda, AngolaSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: we eat all together
Cons: everything inside the rig
Assist during the rigging up and down of cementing service equipment on rig. In participated on the operation of cement pumping and mixing equipment, blenders, liquid additive metering systems, manifold equipment, and cementing plug leasing tools.
Good Compony for Career Development
Production Group Leader (Current Employee), Johor, MalaysiaSeptember 19, 2014
I have grow my career from NC Programmer, Senior NC Programmer and Production Group Leader in 7 years.
Halliburton Supervisor
Service Supervisor II (Current Employee), Duncan, OKSeptember 18, 2014
Being a supervisor at Halliburton has allowed me to learn to lead others and work in a stressful enviornment while meeting deadlines and goals. I have learned the proper way to efficiently run a crew that is able to run and maintain equipment, train other employees to do the same, and monitor such equipment. My crew members have taught me to work together – more... well, despite any differences that may occur. The hardest part of the job to me was learning that you lead people and manage things. The most enjoyable part of the job is commadarity and being able to provide for my family. – less
OK company
Frac Hand/Sand Boss (Current Employee), Williston, NDSeptember 17, 2014
Like I said in the last review. Not enough cash, too many benefits that I don't want.
Stock Holder ran Company where profits are placed ahead of it values.
LEAD ELECTRONIC TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Alvarado, TXSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: plenty of overtime
Cons: preach core values but don't stand behind them. poor management.
People are replaceable and not as valued as they should be due to have deep pockets.
Project Manager Real Estate Services (Former Employee), Dubai , BasraSeptember 16, 2014
Project Manager Real Estate Services:
• Responsible for overseeing construction projects and infrastructure on Halliburton bases in Iraq
• Design and installation of Generator Synchronisation System
• Design and installation of 11kv distribution network. Reducing cabling costs and ease future expansion
• Rationalising power generation in Burjisia to – more... reduce fuel costs by 40%
• Design and initiating connection of the Base to SOC HV System reducing fuel and maintenance costs – less
PM&L procurement, material and logistics
Internship (Former Employee), Islamabad, PISSeptember 4, 2014
• Six weeks internship in Halliburton (Oil and Gas Services Company) main head office Islamabad, Pakistan in procurement, material and logistics (PM&L) department.
• Worked on SAP for receiving purchase orders and sending material request to warehouse or vendors.
• Taking quotations from vendors and negotiating for few products to get least cost purchase.
 – more... Worked in warehouse for manual shifting and lifting and placing the received shipment in appropriate shelf and bins and packing goods in boxes for shipment then entering product number in excel sheet for record keeping.
• Cleaning the warehouse, issuing material to engineers like gloves, hard gear and other daily use products and filling all documents of product and chemicals delivered at different locations of exploration wells and movement of product within the location of this service company.
• In logistics I worked under boss as receiving movement order and then signing that movement order into movement request by signing it from the ordering department head for cost allocation, then arranging convince deciding according to the requirement with minimum cost possible – less
Established Safety Culture and committed to safe work environmrents.
HS&E Manager (Current Employee), Carrollton, TexasSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: the safety culture of the work force is dynamic.
Cons: the number of projects sometimes exceeds the means to accomplish.
Halliburton has a very good reputation of being a leader in the Oil and Gas industry when it comes to safety. The employees at Halliburton have a very sound and strong safety culture where the employees are actively engaged in the safety program. The Safety professionals here at Halliburton are some of the best in the business.

The benefits and compenstion – more... package here at Halliburton is one of the best that I have experienced in my career. The opportunities for career growth are many here at Halliburton. – less
Family like environement, long day and nights
OA1 (Former Employee), Montgomery, PASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: overtime and benfits package
Cons: long days and a lot of time away from my family and friends
My day started early in the morning with a long van ride to location. Followed by a long day outside in the elements. After the day was done it was back to the hotel for roughly 4-7 hours of sleep and then back to work. This was repeated for 14 straight days and then we were given off for 7 days.
In the course of my careers in the oilfield I have learnt – more... many things about geology and the ways of hydraulic fracturing. I am a stronger and wiser person due to the labor intensive work we did during the rigging phases. I can see things as they are and I can see them in the future to know how quickly we can rig it back out or change iron if needed.

Upper management was unsupportive to the crews and employees in the field. Field supervisors on the other hand were willing to accept reality that people needed off and that we worked very hard to earn time off.

The most difficult part of my job was being away from my family and friends. Spending 14 days with the same 15 people made it easier because those coworkers became my family and closest friends. The job at Halliburton put me in a place of finical freedom and gave me the extra money needed to get ahead and provide for my family. – less
Good company to work for
Operators Assistant I/ Frac-Acid (Former Employee), Fort Lupton, COSeptember 1, 2014
• Assist in rigging up and down of 3” 15,000 psi iron as well as 4” 10,000 psi iron
• Performed pump maintenance on Q10 & HT horsepower diesel trucks
• Assisted in controlling the quantity and rates of various sand types that were used during fracking operations
• Documented near misses, employee behavior, hazardous waste spills, and environmental – more... hazardous daily in adherence to Halliburton’s safety regulations and guidelines
• Effectively communicated ground operations before, during, and after every frac
• Logged entries of personnel and equipment on location – less
NA
SAMPLE CATCHER (Current Employee), Broussard, LAAugust 30, 2014
VERY GOOD PEOPLE TO WORK WITH GOOD COMPANY AND BENIFITS PAY IS NOT AS EXPECTED FOR WORKING OFFSHORE BUT YOU DO LEARN ALOT AND OFTEN CHANCES TO TRANSFER TO DIFFERENT DIVISIONS THROUGH OUT THE COMPANY
Great work place
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee), Kilgore, TXAugust 27, 2014
They have a great 401k plan and benefits. Good job security with a guarantee 40 hours a week. The work is hard but after a while u will get use to it
Good worker to get alone with others
Coordinator for all Tarlton shipments (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 27, 2014
Pros: go company
Cons: short breaks
load and unload trucks monitor incoming shipments make sure all parts are on hand. provide support receiving department.
Fun job. Terrible management
Operator (Former Employee), Fort Lupton, COAugust 22, 2014
Pros: good compensation
Cons: management
Job was great. Management was horrible. Micro-managing lack of experience and no people skills. Managers did not care about employee development.
Am very professional in my field of specialization
SAP Specialist/Procurement Buyer (Former Employee), Port HarcourtAugust 19, 2014
Customer satisfaction,
Timely delivery of material request.
Organizational Administration.

Good interpersonal relationship with co-worker.

Happy when customers are happy due to job satisfaction
Great compant with great benefits.
Service Operator I (Current Employee), Shreveport, LAAugust 16, 2014
Pros: field level supervisors are very supportive and willing to assist your growth inside the company.
Cons: travel, travel travel
Halliburton is top of the service industry chain. The benefits are top notch, the pay is great - but you will have to work hard and work along many different kinds of people. 100% travel with expenses paid.

About Halliburton

One of the largest oilfield services companies in the world, Halliburton serves the upstream oil and gas industry in 80 countries – Read more