Halliburton Employee Reviews

productive good experience
Fiber optics specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton ab8 February 2014
Fast pace life style, good experience, great money.
good benefits.
Pros
experience, good money
Cons
out of town
I really enjoy being a geologist exploring mother earth
Field Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB18 May 2014
Everything over there was so good. Co-workers were cooperative and always helped me while working.
Pros
good Salary
Cons
Tough job
Sharts and giggles
Operators Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB24 May 2014
Awsome. loved it. Got me outta the house and away from the wife and kids.
Pros
Free lunches
Not my favourite...
M/LWD Field Engineer, Level II (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB4 September 2015
Halliburton is a poorly managed company with many internal disputes and an enormous disparity between field workers and those in the shop and office.
Pros
Money
Cons
Never see your family
interesting and challenging work environment
Pump/Discharge Manifold Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, AB25 February 2015
Everyday brought about interesting variations on the same overall work, some days what would work the previous day would not work that day and would need a slight change to complete the task. It never let the work get boring.

My co-workers were interesting and easy to get along with, we all came from different areas of the country and brought different ways of looking at the job to the group,
FODP CEMENTING
Highly motivated junior engineer (Former Employee) –  grande prairie, ab17 December 2013
i am very interested in the position mentioned above, with that i am attaching my resume and i would highly appreciate it if you would go through it and consider me as one of the applicant for this position.My work experience is related to the oil and gas, i worked as a engineer technologist in the cementing department with Halliburton.
I am a very highly motivated person , with high innovation skills and very eager to learn new skills and achieve more and more. thank you again.
Good team
Directional Drilling Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  calgary22 July 2015
Good team out there. Supportive. quite a lot of overtime. I gained valuable experience on SAGD planning and execution. Overall a pleasant experience working for Sperry...
good place to start out
Service operator/ Class one driver/ Fraccer (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB26 January 2014
I think halliburton is a great company for people that want to get there foot in the door and make a bit of money.
The only reason im leaving is i would like to be home ever night if that wasnt and issue i would not even consider leaving the company.
Pros
average pay
Cons
long hour and away from home for extended periods of time
Health and safety regulations not followed
Field Operator/Crew Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 March 2015
The amount of hours worked does not reflect in the pay. It would if the health and safety rules around hours worked were followed. For example after 12 hours of work you are to stop working. This does not happen which leaves lots of room for life threatening mistakes.
Pros
People
Cons
Health and safety concerns
An excellent working environment and awesome boss.
Material / Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB11 April 2013
A typical day at work starts with a Tool meeting where someone from the team is expected to share their value or safety moment.
The rest of the day just go bye quickly because there is always something to do.
Pros
stress free work environment
Cons
non that i can think of
Fun environment
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 May 2015
It is a fast paced environment.
There were challenges each day, however it kept me motivated to make new targets each day and achieve those challenges. My coworkers were fun and allowed for the day to run smoothly and stress free.
Good company but dont pay very well
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB26 May 2015
overall good, but pay is not good and they pay out small when or if you get laid off. do not go international with this company
Good Company - Right now future unsecured
Operator I - Frac / Acid (Current Employee) –  Clairmont, AB24 March 2015
I love Halliburton - A few changes could be made with supervisors, but it's all good. Right now, due to low oil prices, my future is not secure here. I don't know if tomorrow is going to be my last day or not.
Working in the Halliburton R&D facility was an enjoyable experience.
Technician-Mechanical (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB2 October 2013
It's a great company to work for. One is taught how to work safe. Co-workers are good in general. Everybody respect each other. My job there as a mechanical technician in the R&D facility was great. I learned new things and most of the time there was something new to do and to learn.
great experiences
Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Regina, Sk28 February 2015
Halliburton is a great place to work you have a lot of opportunities with learning new roles. A typical day here was a 12-13 hour shift working in all weather conditions. You had to be willing to travel I spent my time between MB,SK, and AB.
Great benefit and human relations
Material Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK18 March 2015
A safe place to work until a oil sector market went down.

The working environment was like a family home, people come in with smiles and work together as a team.
Working with Halliburton was great fun for me.
MWD Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB29 December 2014
-Before you do something we need to make sure everything go smoothly for instance no injuries.
- I learned a lot about field work and how they work
- Planning and execution was greatly stressed upon workers at the field
Used to be a very productive and fun place to work
Software and Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston TX, Calgary, AB27 December 2012
Enjoyed working for this employer till they placed all the eggs into one nest - ignoring Windows platform and favoring Linux.
Pros
global exposure - great experience serving huge projects in different geographies
Cons
short bench of professionals
Gainful Employment
Australasia Country Manager (Current Employee) –  New Plymoth, New Zealand4 May 2015
Overall a decent company to work for. Aggressive with cost cutting measures and perhaps a bit too near sighted in the current climate.
Nice people to work with
Cement Laboratory Technologist (Current Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL9 June 2014
Typically I will complete any testing that needs to be done first thing and then work on results and anything else the customer requires. I have learned the processes of how a well is cemented and how much work actually goes into it.
Cons
On call 24/7