Halliburton Employee Reviews

Not too bad.
Operator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB7 September 2012
Hard to advance. Training and advancement system is not very advanced and has alot of problems. Good bunch of guys, good safety program.
Halliburton
E-Tech (Former Employee) –  Clairmont9 March 2015
a typical work day started with a safety meeting, then work was distributed and worked accordingly. I mostly worked on the mobil rigs programming and pre-maintance. my co-workers were knowledgeable and friendly. the hardest part of the job was the issolation I found i was working a lot by myself and tho I was able to complete the tasks at hand there seemed to be a staffing issue which lead to overworked individuals and frustration in the workplace. the best part of the job was the people that worked there the long time employees are knowledgeable and know their job well
Fast paced, On your toes
M/LWD Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB12 August 2013
MWD Work, In Field Tool Preperation and Maintenance. Great Pay long hours and inconsistent work schedule.
Pros
Big Money
Cons
No Down Time
good
TCP operator (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB5 June 2014
decent company to start off working with, paid on a salary and bonus type pay which means you make money if there are lots of jobs lined up, but if contracts dry up so does your pay. Great place to gain experience.
its a good company.
CNC/MILLTURN MANUAL MILLING AND LATHE (Current Employee) –  malaysia4 February 2014
Its a nice and neat place to work.
I learned so many thing specially SAFETY and QUALITY.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
I really enjoy being a geologist exploring mother earth
Field Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB18 May 2014
Everything over there was so good. Co-workers were cooperative and always helped me while working.
Pros
good Salary
Cons
Tough job
Sharts and giggles
Operators Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB24 May 2014
Awsome. loved it. Got me outta the house and away from the wife and kids.
Pros
Free lunches
productive good experience
Fiber optics specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton ab8 February 2014
Fast pace life style, good experience, great money.
good benefits.
Pros
experience, good money
Cons
out of town
FODP CEMENTING
Highly motivated junior engineer (Former Employee) –  grande prairie, ab17 December 2013
i am very interested in the position mentioned above, with that i am attaching my resume and i would highly appreciate it if you would go through it and consider me as one of the applicant for this position.My work experience is related to the oil and gas, i worked as a engineer technologist in the cementing department with Halliburton.
I am a very highly motivated person , with high innovation skills and very eager to learn new skills and achieve more and more. thank you again.
Very known company in oil services industry
Technical Advisor North America HB TurboPower (Former Employee) –  US, And Canada4 October 2015
Halliburton is the bigger oil service in the world. Until 2014, it was a more 100,000 employees. Halliburton provides all kinds of high quality services armed with the latest technologies.
interesting and challenging work environment
Pump/Discharge Manifold Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, AB25 February 2015
Everyday brought about interesting variations on the same overall work, some days what would work the previous day would not work that day and would need a slight change to complete the task. It never let the work get boring.

My co-workers were interesting and easy to get along with, we all came from different areas of the country and brought different ways of looking at the job to the group,
Great job that requires the right person
L/MWD Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB23 September 2015
Working in Sperry Drilling, the job requires people willing to work 36 sleepless hours. I recommend ex-military people for the job. Many people are in shock about the demands.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
boom and bust industry
good work place
HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Canada23 September 2015
Its all about very good working conditions and co operative workers
tis a team work job and all are about to do their part very well
its cool to have such head of department take care of your needs and problems.
good place to start out
Service operator/ Class one driver/ Fraccer (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB26 January 2014
I think halliburton is a great company for people that want to get there foot in the door and make a bit of money.
The only reason im leaving is i would like to be home ever night if that wasnt and issue i would not even consider leaving the company.
Pros
average pay
Cons
long hour and away from home for extended periods of time
NA
Class 1 Driver / Mobile Crane Operator (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie Alberta21 July 2015
Halliburton Company is an American multinational corporation, and one of the world's largest oil field services companies with operations in more than 80 countries. It owns hundreds of subsidiaries, affiliates, branches, brands, and divisions worldwide and employs approximately 100,000 people.
An excellent working environment and awesome boss.
Material / Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB11 April 2013
A typical day at work starts with a Tool meeting where someone from the team is expected to share their value or safety moment.
The rest of the day just go bye quickly because there is always something to do.
Pros
stress free work environment
Cons
non that i can think of
Not my favourite...
M/LWD Field Engineer, Level II (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB4 September 2015
Halliburton is a poorly managed company with many internal disputes and an enormous disparity between field workers and those in the shop and office.
Pros
Money
Cons
Never see your family
Health and safety regulations not followed
Field Operator/Crew Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 March 2015
The amount of hours worked does not reflect in the pay. It would if the health and safety rules around hours worked were followed. For example after 12 hours of work you are to stop working. This does not happen which leaves lots of room for life threatening mistakes.
Pros
People
Cons
Health and safety concerns
Good team
Directional Drilling Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  calgary22 July 2015
Good team out there. Supportive. quite a lot of overtime. I gained valuable experience on SAGD planning and execution. Overall a pleasant experience working for Sperry...
Working in the Halliburton R&D facility was an enjoyable experience.
Technician-Mechanical (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB2 October 2013
It's a great company to work for. One is taught how to work safe. Co-workers are good in general. Everybody respect each other. My job there as a mechanical technician in the R&D facility was great. I learned new things and most of the time there was something new to do and to learn.