Halliburton Employee Reviews in Canada

Sharts and giggles
Operators Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABMay 24, 2014
Awsome. loved it. Got me outta the house and away from the wife and kids.
Pros
free lunches
Descent money
Field Engineer (Well Services - MWD/ LWD), UK (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, UKOctober 15, 2012
I worked in this company for 4 years now. 3 in India and Oman and 1 in UK. It has provided me with a stable job and it requires significant amount of travelling. The work on field is quiet hectic.
Pros
established company and hence job security.
Cons
big company, hard to go up the ladder
FODP CEMENTING
Highly motivated junior engineer (Former Employee) –  grande prairie, abDecember 17, 2013
i am very interested in the position mentioned above, with that i am attaching my resume and i would highly appreciate it if you would go through it and consider me as one of the applicant for this position.My work experience is related to the oil and gas, i worked as a engineer technologist in the cementing department with Halliburton.
I am a very highly motivated person , with high innovation skills and very eager to learn new skills and achieve more and more. thank you again.
Working with Halliburton was great fun for me.
MWD Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABDecember 29, 2014
-Before you do something we need to make sure everything go smoothly for instance no injuries.
- I learned a lot about field work and how they work
- Planning and execution was greatly stressed upon workers at the field
Great company - bad management
Heavy duty mechanic (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABApril 22, 2014
the last 2 and 1/2 years have been great up until recently. Currently we do not have a shop foreman and they do not care about hiring new employees to replace the currently understaffed mechanic's shop.
Pros
great shop environment
Cons
management will not hire new mechanics
Excellent equipment and shop
Cement Operator ( Service Operator II ) (Former Employee) –  Fort St John, BCOctober 15, 2012
On a 24-7 rotation for 15 days doing Cementing jobs on drilling rigs Learned to operate the high pressure pumps and calculating the volumes of materials for doing the job
Pros
bennefits and housing for out of town workers
Cons
bad management
Very nice environment at work
Down-hole Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Nisku, ABJanuary 24, 2015
The environment at work is very nice. All the co- workers , lead and manager even are helping and funny.
good place to start out
Service operator/ Class one driver/ Fraccer (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 26, 2014
I think halliburton is a great company for people that want to get there foot in the door and make a bit of money.
The only reason im leaving is i would like to be home ever night if that wasnt and issue i would not even consider leaving the company.
Pros
average pay
Cons
long hour and away from home for extended periods of time
Great people
Service operator Coil Tubing (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie AlbertaJanuary 29, 2015
Great people and great work environment only reason i left was not enough money to support my new family
Halliburton
District - WP Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Nisku, ABJanuary 21, 2015
I have been working for Halliburton for the past 8 years, best place to work in.very good team players and awesome spirit.
Worse Employer
Cement Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJune 5, 2012
Management spends more time using workers as scape goats for their mistakes and figuring out how not to pay employees
Cons
don't pay, management is horrible, human resources don't understand their jobs, hire incompetent supervisors and management
Not too bad.
Operator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABSeptember 7, 2012
Hard to advance. Training and advancement system is not very advanced and has alot of problems. Good bunch of guys, good safety program.
An excellent working environment and awesome boss.
Material / Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nisku, ABApril 11, 2013
A typical day at work starts with a Tool meeting where someone from the team is expected to share their value or safety moment.
The rest of the day just go bye quickly because there is always something to do.
Pros
stress free work environment
Cons
non that i can think of
Workplace
Directional Driller (Current Employee) –  CanadaMarch 8, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Good co-workers
Field Operator 1 (Current Employee) –  Medicine HatAugust 13, 2013
Dislike the 15 on 6 off work schedule, but overall a decent company to work for nothing bad to say about them
Pros
great paying job
Cons
15 on 6 off work schedule
Working in the Halliburton R&D facility was an enjoyable experience.
Technician-Mechanical (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABOctober 2, 2013
It's a great company to work for. One is taught how to work safe. Co-workers are good in general. Everybody respect each other. My job there as a mechanical technician in the R&D facility was great. I learned new things and most of the time there was something new to do and to learn.
Nice people to work with
Cement Laboratory Technologist (Current Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NLJune 9, 2014
Typically I will complete any testing that needs to be done first thing and then work on results and anything else the customer requires. I have learned the processes of how a well is cemented and how much work actually goes into it.
Cons
on call 24/7
Used to be a very productive and fun place to work
Software and Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston TX, Calgary, ABDecember 27, 2012
Enjoyed working for this employer till they placed all the eggs into one nest - ignoring Windows platform and favoring Linux.
Pros
global exposure - great experience serving huge projects in different geographies
Cons
short bench of professionals
all and all its a great stepping stone.
Cement operator (Former Employee) –  albertaJune 26, 2014
hardest part of the job is driving 8 hours for a 6 hour job then drive back 8 hours.. makes up for a long hitch when thats on a daily basis.
Pros
great opportunities
Cons
bad word life balance
Very big and organized
Geologist (Former Employee) –  CanadaAugust 6, 2012
Working in a huge Company like Halliburton I had the opportunity to see a great organization and an ecxellent care about the employees.
Good experience to work as a G&G Consultant at Petrobras and International Oil Companies exploring in Brazil.