Halliburton

Halliburton Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good people
Principal Technical Professional (Former Employee), USAJanuary 5, 2015
Good people, good opportunities, good industry but it takes a good perspective to see all this. There in lies the challenge. But I guess that is the challenge working for anyone.

In the end, it has all the toys for work, good training and mentors and if one plays the politics right you can find working there very rewarding.
GET THE JOB DONE
Shift Lead III (Current Employee), Pampa, TXJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: get to come in and work days off if we need to
Cons: the heathcare is great
GO IN DO PAPERWORK TO START LOADING CEMENT JOBS.
I LEARNED HOW CHEMICALS HAVE TO GO INTO BLENDS HOW MUCH CEMENT I CAN PUT INTO OUR BLEND TANKS AND ARE STORAGE BINS AND TRKS.
I HAVE GREAT CO-WORKS.
KNOWING THE JOB AND GETTING IT DONE RIGHT.
great opportunity - seeking international placement
IT Desktop Analyst (Current Employee), North AmericaJanuary 3, 2015
Time to move to a better location
typical work is same as any IT position. no better nor worse than other IT postings. Management is similar to other locations.

Co-workers all do great job at their respective sites.

Hardest part - non-IT culture. This is Oil Field work. Technically very primitive. functional but not fabulous.

Most enjoyable - better pay than most IT positions - full time plus benefits.
Good company to work for
Service Specialist1/ Supervisor (Former Employee), Alice, TXJanuary 2, 2015
Excellent company to work for great environment great people great equipment. Great benefits i learned lot i traveled the united states and the world with Halliburton. there people are the best to work with and there management are good as well cant complain
Great Work Avaiable-Unrealistic Schedule
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Rock Springs, WYJanuary 2, 2015
Great training. Great coworkers. Hours are hard to track and there is not a good work/ life balance. Good attention to safety.
Great company to work for
Solids Control (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 27, 2014
Pros: pay, atmosphere, benefits
Cons: unstable when oil prices are down.
I enjoyed my experience at Halliburton. overall they took care of us and generously paid us for our time. I would recommend any position offered. There were some downfalls in the section I worked for, but ultimately, you cant go wrong here.
Lots of overtime if you want it
Solids Tech Lead (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 24, 2014
Liked working with my crew had the best coworkers and friends
Good Company, great people, medium paced environment
Sr. Administrative Specialist (Current Employee), Bossier City, LouisianaDecember 23, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: pay could be better
Halliburton is a good company to work for, as an Sr. Admin. Specialist, my day consists of processing invoices, interacting with internal and external customers. I have learned patience as well as how to deal with a diverse environment. Management tries to be fair and unbiased. Coworkers in my department are a great group of people who truly cares about you. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I helped solve a problem effectively, that may occurred.
Fun place to work; great people to be with/
Geoscience Technical Professional (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 21, 2014
Pros: no micro-managing of your every activity.
Cons: sometimes, you might sit idle for weeks with nothing to do. have to be creative in keeping yourself busy!
The slogan is: "have fun while making money" for the company and by extension, for yourself.
Challenging and rewarding place to work.
Senior Account Representative /Technical Advisor (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CADecember 19, 2014
Pros: set your own work schedule
Cons: take calls 24 hrs a day.
Typically the day started with reviewing evening activities and ensuring that the customer was satisfied with our services. One of the time consuming task was generating bids for new work. The hard part was to separate yourself from the competitor by creating value and winning the work while remaining profitable. However, I enjoyed my freedom, golf games and my co-workers. Strong management in place to assist you with any challenges that you may encounter.
work place was productive
Service tech (Former Employee), Houma, LADecember 17, 2014
the most enjoyable part of the job was, learning how to build tools to change the drilling era. they had great benefits, the compensation was very well. we had a lot of fun working with this company
Very Stressful work environment
HSE Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 17, 2014
I am not going to go into details about my experiences at Halliburton.

I did like the fact that Halliburton has a very strong safety and training program. What i experienced was the lack of follow-up support and training from the front line management.
NA
Professional Driver (Former Employee), Williston, NDDecember 16, 2014
This company was a decent company for entry level work into the Oil and Gas industry.
Good company if near family
hourly (Current Employee), north dakotaDecember 14, 2014
Pros: compensation, benefits
Cons: time away from home and family
The company is fine, but being away from family is too hard to deal with. Compensation and benefits are very good, but rent in the area eats up the extra money you receive.

They need to have a dedicated trainer instead of the supervisors trying to do this and everything else.
Not what I thought it was going to be.
Field Materials Coordinator (Current Employee), TexasDecember 11, 2014
10 days/nights on and 4 days/nights off. 12 hour days. Overtime makes your money unless you are not allowed overtime then the stuff you deal with daily isn't worth the money you earn.
Halliburton
Service Operator II (Current Employee), Aberdeen/North SeaDecember 11, 2014
I have been working in Waste Management side of Drilling for the past 2 years on various offshore installation, with a range of Knowledge covering the manufacture of TCC Rota Mills for processing the drill cuttings to actually running the TCCs themselves, since joining Halliburton i have worked on a number of drilling rigs working again with the TCC and also skip and ship jobs, along with that i have also been involved in number of filtration and CRI jobs, i have also been involved in site surveys and the installation of Halliburton and TWMA equipment on multiple offshore installations.
Exciting and adventurous workplace
Field Engineer (Former Employee), Lafayette, LADecember 7, 2014
Pros: free food, great gym
Cons: long work hours 12-15 hours/ day. little time at home.
A day at work is life on an oil rig. Monitoring data from the oil well and making calculations of depth, pressure and flow rates. Analyzing rock samples.
I learned about oil well drilling, geology and oil rigs.
Management was great.
Some coworkers were great people; reliable, hardworking and upbeat while other coworkers were not.
Hardest part of the job was being away form home for 2.5 weeks or more at a time and being home for only 1 week at a time.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the excitement and adventure of flying out to an oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico.
its ok
CNC Machinist (toyoda) (Current Employee), Conroe, TXDecember 7, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no life
if you dont like seeing your family or dont like to do anything on the weekends then this will be perfect for you.
good company to work for but low wages.
Lead Operator PROMOTED (Logging and Perforating) (Former Employee), Bakersfield,CaDecember 3, 2014
good company to work for but their one of the lowest paying company in the oil industry in wireline product line.
great way to get your foot into the oil and gas industry
Service Supervisor I (Current Employee), Brighton, CODecember 2, 2014
can move up quickly if you stick with it. long hours can be hard for some.

About Halliburton

One of the largest oilfield services companies in the world, Halliburton serves the upstream oil and gas industry inĀ 80 countries – Read more