Halliburton Employee Reviews

Fun environment
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 May 2015
It is a fast paced environment.
There were challenges each day, however it kept me motivated to make new targets each day and achieve those challenges. My coworkers were fun and allowed for the day to run smoothly and stress free.
peaceful work environment
Manufacturing scheduler (Current Employee) –  Nisku Alberta11 May 2015
I enjoy working for HAL as the management style is more humane than any place I have ever worked for.
Halliburton do not tolerate harassment and people respect one another.
Pros
Excellent work enviroment
Cons
Promotion are delayed
Gainful Employment
Australasia Country Manager (Current Employee) –  New Plymoth, New Zealand4 May 2015
Overall a decent company to work for. Aggressive with cost cutting measures and perhaps a bit too near sighted in the current climate.
good pay and bennifits
fracer (Former Employee) –  grande prairie29 April 2015
enjoyed working here. good pay and co workers. a lot of work out of town good rotations but not much time home. long hours.
Lots of cash
Technical Professional - Production Enhancement (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK26 April 2015
lots of fun and lots of learning, good environment, benefits, rrsp, stock program, engineering, operations, fracturing, oilfiled, stimulation
Physical
Hydraulic Fracturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, AB20 April 2015
- Not a good field of occupation if you have a family and value family/work life balance.
- Company turns a blind eye, when internal employee issues arise.
Good company
Field Buyer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 April 2015
Buyer for 3 warehouse locations

Worked daily reports to ensure job metrics were met.

Sourcing new products, supplies and services required.
Pros
Excellent Benefit package provided
Cons
No Job Security
Good for gaining experience
Sales Manager - Cement Canada (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 April 2015
Halliburton is renowned as a training company. They provide superior training at the beginning and intermediate levels. This company promotes based on performance and has clear development plans for the beginning stages of your career. I would not recommend Halliburton for a life long career, but if you are looking to be trained then they could be considered.
productive
On time pay
Good benefits
Good Company - Right now future unsecured
Operator I - Frac / Acid (Current Employee) –  Clairmont, AB24 March 2015
I love Halliburton - A few changes could be made with supervisors, but it's all good. Right now, due to low oil prices, my future is not secure here. I don't know if tomorrow is going to be my last day or not.
Great benefit and human relations
Material Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK18 March 2015
A safe place to work until a oil sector market went down.

The working environment was like a family home, people come in with smiles and work together as a team.
Operator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB18 March 2015
Great company to work for. Always promote growth by providing their employees with a mentor as well as the necessary tools for advancement.
Pros
Free training programs
Cons
lack of job security
Halliburton
E-Tech (Former Employee) –  Clairmont9 March 2015
a typical work day started with a safety meeting, then work was distributed and worked accordingly. I mostly worked on the mobil rigs programming and pre-maintance. my co-workers were knowledgeable and friendly. the hardest part of the job was the issolation I found i was working a lot by myself and tho I was able to complete the tasks at hand there seemed to be a staffing issue which lead to overworked individuals and frustration in the workplace. the best part of the job was the people that worked there the long time employees are knowledgeable and know their job well
Excellant company to work for, very good salary good benefits. Overall good culture for learning and working for them. Not very good job security
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK4 March 2015
I enjoyed going to work each day because there was something to learn everyday. A typical day involved installing a network or calibrating a mag meter, radiation meter. There was always something new to learn. Management was always helpful with any problems. my coworkers were excellent we were a tight knit group that stood up for one another. The hardest part was the extremely long hours we sometimes had to work. The most enjoyable was working with my hands and accomplishing tasks. This created a great feeling.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Did not know when you were going to the field
Great atmosphere and hands on experience
Operators Assistant Fracker (Former Employee) –  Regina,SK4 March 2015
The coworkers were very helpful in answering my questions and helping me understand the Fracking industry and how the whole process works.
Pros
great pay, great benefits
Cons
unstability
Good learning Ground
Production Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 March 2015
Good training provided but there is less space for advancement. The work culture is good The managers are helpful & they want you to progress
Health and safety regulations not followed
Field Operator/Crew Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 March 2015
The amount of hours worked does not reflect in the pay. It would if the health and safety rules around hours worked were followed. For example after 12 hours of work you are to stop working. This does not happen which leaves lots of room for life threatening mistakes.
Pros
People
Cons
Health and safety concerns
great experiences
Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Regina, Sk28 February 2015
Halliburton is a great place to work you have a lot of opportunities with learning new roles. A typical day here was a 12-13 hour shift working in all weather conditions. You had to be willing to travel I spent my time between MB,SK, and AB.
Diversified, Fun to Work with wide variety of people.
Electro-Mechanical Tech II (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB25 February 2015
Received copious training, work travel to Louisiana and Texas. High safety culture, cross-training usually encouraged/. Can-do attitudes pervasive
Pros
Travel, Training, and good people
Cons
Not always opportunities to grow
interesting and challenging work environment
Pump/Discharge Manifold Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, AB25 February 2015
Everyday brought about interesting variations on the same overall work, some days what would work the previous day would not work that day and would need a slight change to complete the task. It never let the work get boring.

My co-workers were interesting and easy to get along with, we all came from different areas of the country and brought different ways of looking at the job to the group,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Halliburton. Our community is ready to answer.