Halliburton Employee Reviews

Horrible Management, horrible work life balance
Wireline logging & Perforating Operator (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB1 November 2014
- very hectic work
- very unorganized management
- the job itself was interesting, but the people involved at halliburton made it difficult to want to continue working in that environment
Pros
The work was interesting
Cons
The management was terrible
Good employees and team members with mutual respect and good work environment
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 December 2013
Always busy with my own work load and helping others getting their work done. Management allows me to take my own decisions and helpful in providing all assistance. Good team environment and love to work such a company.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Parking is a nightmare
Diversified, Fun to Work with wide variety of people.
Electro-Mechanical Tech II (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB25 February 2015
Received copious training, work travel to Louisiana and Texas. High safety culture, cross-training usually encouraged/. Can-do attitudes pervasive
Pros
Travel, Training, and good people
Cons
Not always opportunities to grow
Good team
Directional Drilling Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  calgary22 July 2015
Good team out there. Supportive. quite a lot of overtime. I gained valuable experience on SAGD planning and execution. Overall a pleasant experience working for Sperry...
Fun environment
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 May 2015
It is a fast paced environment.
There were challenges each day, however it kept me motivated to make new targets each day and achieve those challenges. My coworkers were fun and allowed for the day to run smoothly and stress free.
Very well run and organized environment. Compensated extremely well
Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB9 September 2013
I started at Halliburton when I finished Lambton College as a Electrical Technician I was responsible for the units in the field while I was on site as well as the repairs to the units when the got back to the shop. The shift work was 10 days on 4 days off of 8 hour shifts but while in the field shifts could last anywhere from 8-16 hours giving a lot of opportunity for overtime. The management that I answered to was very knowledgeable and willing to help whenever it was needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was different all of the time and since technology is always changing and upgrading there is always going to be more to learn. The hardest part of the job was in the field when there is no cell reception and needed to ask a question you would basically be stranded until you figure it out.
Pros
A lot of overtime opportunity
Cons
Possible long hours
Descent money
Field Engineer (Well Services - MWD/ LWD), UK (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, UK15 October 2012
I worked in this company for 4 years now. 3 in India and Oman and 1 in UK. It has provided me with a stable job and it requires significant amount of travelling. The work on field is quiet hectic.
Pros
established company and hence job security.
Cons
big company, hard to go up the ladder
Used to be a very productive and fun place to work
Software and Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston TX, Calgary, AB27 December 2012
Enjoyed working for this employer till they placed all the eggs into one nest - ignoring Windows platform and favoring Linux.
Pros
global exposure - great experience serving huge projects in different geographies
Cons
short bench of professionals
Great company - bad management
Heavy duty mechanic (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB22 April 2014
the last 2 and 1/2 years have been great up until recently. Currently we do not have a shop foreman and they do not care about hiring new employees to replace the currently understaffed mechanic's shop.
Pros
Great shop environment
Cons
Management will not hire new mechanics
great experiences
Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Regina, Sk28 February 2015
Halliburton is a great place to work you have a lot of opportunities with learning new roles. A typical day here was a 12-13 hour shift working in all weather conditions. You had to be willing to travel I spent my time between MB,SK, and AB.
Nice people to work with
Cement Laboratory Technologist (Current Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL9 June 2014
Typically I will complete any testing that needs to be done first thing and then work on results and anything else the customer requires. I have learned the processes of how a well is cemented and how much work actually goes into it.
Cons
On call 24/7
Excellent equipment and shop
Cement Operator ( Service Operator II ) (Former Employee) –  Fort St John, BC15 October 2012
On a 24-7 rotation for 15 days doing Cementing jobs on drilling rigs Learned to operate the high pressure pumps and calculating the volumes of materials for doing the job
Pros
bennefits and housing for out of town workers
Cons
bad management
Good Company - Right now future unsecured
Operator I - Frac / Acid (Current Employee) –  Clairmont, AB24 March 2015
I love Halliburton - A few changes could be made with supervisors, but it's all good. Right now, due to low oil prices, my future is not secure here. I don't know if tomorrow is going to be my last day or not.
Working with Halliburton was great fun for me.
MWD Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB29 December 2014
-Before you do something we need to make sure everything go smoothly for instance no injuries.
- I learned a lot about field work and how they work
- Planning and execution was greatly stressed upon workers at the field
Great atmosphere and hands on experience
Operators Assistant Fracker (Former Employee) –  Regina,SK4 March 2015
The coworkers were very helpful in answering my questions and helping me understand the Fracking industry and how the whole process works.
Pros
great pay, great benefits
Cons
unstability
Worse Employer
Cement Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB5 June 2012
Management spends more time using workers as scape goats for their mistakes and figuring out how not to pay employees
Cons
don't pay, management is horrible, human resources don't understand their jobs, hire incompetent supervisors and management
Very big and organized
Geologist (Former Employee) –  Canada6 August 2012
Working in a huge Company like Halliburton I had the opportunity to see a great organization and an ecxellent care about the employees.
Good experience to work as a G&G Consultant at Petrobras and International Oil Companies exploring in Brazil.
Great Company, Poorly managed
Downhole Tool Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Nisku17 February 2015
This company from the outside looks like it can offer you a bright future. However when they do the interview process and the new hire process they roll out the red carpet and treat you like a king. However in a short while later you realize it was all fluff. There is no team moral boosting, if you want a raise or to try a different task you have to fight for it for a full year before they even consider it. Too many managers contradicting other managers. However this place has great benefits and pensions. If you can work for a sub-par wage, and great benefits, fighting for your small raises and work in a place that recognizes you faults before ever acknowledging your successes, then go work here. Oh and they say that safety is number one but they try to prevent employees from seeking medical attention so the managers get their safety bonus at the end of the year.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Demanding enviroment with little rewards, no yearly raises, have to fight for raises, poor company morale, too much red tape
Good company
Field Buyer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 April 2015
Buyer for 3 warehouse locations

Worked daily reports to ensure job metrics were met.

Sourcing new products, supplies and services required.
Pros
Excellent Benefit package provided
Cons
No Job Security
Great benefit and human relations
Material Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK18 March 2015
A safe place to work until a oil sector market went down.

The working environment was like a family home, people come in with smiles and work together as a team.