Halliburton

Halliburton Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Large company with competative pay and room to advance
Area Resource Coordinator (ARC) (Current Employee), ColoradoJuly 21, 2014
I enjoyed working for Halliburton and stayed with the company for almost 7 years.
I worked two weeks on with one week off. Schedules were fair and the salaries were competitive.
I was a manager, and enjoyed working with other managers and staff.
Co-workers were qualified in general.
I would recommend working for Halliburton
Good job
Cement truck driver (Former Employee), Zanesville, OHJuly 21, 2014
Pros: professional supervisors, good people
Cons: low pay
The job was easy and somewhat fun but the pay was not competitive to other companies in the oilfield.
Good Company
Mechanical Offshore Operator (Current Employee), Dyce, SCTJuly 20, 2014
Pros: good company benefits
Cons: office not well organised
Good Company to work for. Good variation of epuipment used. Management always try to help. Very good work force who look after each other. AD-HOC can mean very short notice given before having to travel offshore.
Very friendly environment that makes a stressful job more bearable
Procurement Specialist Associate (Current Employee), Dubai, DUJuly 17, 2014
Pros: working hours are flexible depending on which countries one handles in procurement.
Cons: not much room for creativity. very process and technical oriented work that becomes quickly routine.
I handle all plants of several European countries in procurement.
My day is very routine and stressful from the moment I arrive until I leave my time is completely packed with creating purchase orders and expediting them. Further I have to constantly amend orders and manage all new and existing vendors used in our SAP system. The work is very routine – more... with limited room for knowledge accumulation beyond SAP. – less
learned the skills needed to excell in the field of oil industry.
operator 2 (Former Employee), Dickson, North DakotaJuly 16, 2014
Pros: experience in the oilfield in skill and job performance.
Cons: housing for family
GOOD JOB EXPERIENCE. Gained skills and experience in the oil field industry.
Internship, Technical Paper Review Board (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 16, 2014
A typical day consisted of processing technical papers that come through our department. There was a lot of communication between myself, the authors and the conferences. Meeting tight deadlines was also a big part of the job. I learned how to improve my communication skills and be able to assist/support the authors during the review process. Every – more... person involved in our department was extremely helpful and pleasant. Management was great with allowing me to continue my education and was flexible with my work schedule. The hardest part of the job would be that there wasn't an opportunity to move up in the department. The most enjoyable part was being able to assist the authors, even at the last minute, and get their papers submitted on time. – less
Company with moral values
Co-OP, Electrical Engineering Operations (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 15, 2014
Work with Field Engineers around the clock
- Job is competitive in nature
- A good culture to meet other engineers
n/a
Final Area Lead (Current Employee), conroe texasJuly 15, 2014
my time while ive been at halliburton iv'e learned alot
I have acquired a great deal of experience reading blueprints and operating various machines, supervising & overseeing production and also a scheduler for production.

Because of my experience here at halliburton I am a very dependable and thorough individual, which is demonstrated in my ability – more... to meet and exceed production standards daily. I have excellent communication and computer skills. I have the ability to lead as well as work with a team. – less
A wonderful job
Service Assistant 1-Bulkhand (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAJuly 15, 2014
I wasn't getting a good pay rate there at the time,but I heard the rate went up.Hands down Halliburton is a great company wish I had a chance to go back.
work at your own pace
Senior Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Duncan OklahomaJuly 15, 2014
Great job for the money. Trying to advance with no measureable metrics to go by....
Best entry level company to work for in the gas industry
Assistant Operator II (Former Employee), Carmicheals PaJuly 14, 2014
Pros: learn oilfield
Cons: long hours
Halliburton has been one of the best jobs I have ever had. Second to none training and support. I have learned many oilfield and life lessons with this company. Their only shortcoming would have to be the lack of individual control. They are a very large company. This makes it hard to make calls quickly. I left to pursue other goals and was not properly – more... exit interviewed, I would still be with the company if this procedure was completed accurately. – less
Good Learning environment with helpful and supportive staff
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Perth, WAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: good team
Cons: job security
The learning is the best part of the job. As it is a cementing Laboratory, the samples we handle are sometimes heavy and some tests include heavy machinery. Co-workers are easy in nature and provide friendly environment to work in. Management is in improvement level, however, as a team and as an individual person, we support at our best and make the – more... effort in positive result.
Monday and Friday are the days when we have rush in testing from engineers, however due to good team, we get through pretty well. – less
Challenging work, challenging lifestyle
MWD FIELD HAND (Former Employee), Carmichaels, PAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: great pay, great benefits, interesting work
Cons: work life balance
Working for Halliburton provided a challenging and interesting work environment with excellent pay and benefits. However, the work life balance makes it difficult as a long term career option.
To Focus on Money and Not It's People
Specialist (Former Employee), Williston, NDJuly 8, 2014
Pros: plenty of hours to work if needed
Cons: not much of an employee focused company
Company is to money driven which gets in the way of taking care of it's employees. Spends to much time hiring and training new employees instead of taking interest in currently employees and managing the internal issues that would retain them and make the company even more profitable. .
Awful
Technical Professional, Field Engineer (Current Employee), Pampa, TXJuly 8, 2014
Pros: benefits, salary, work schedule, lots of down time for hobbies
Cons: nepotism, half of the management hardly has a ged, the other half is well educated leading to significant communication and managerial tensions.
Work/Life balance is better than most oilfield companies. For field engineers the 4 on 10 off isn't bad. There is no direct management over what you actually do, only in the paperwork you turn in. 90% of the job is unsupervised and is primarily handling day to day routines with crews that are staffed with a wide variety of characters, some great some – more... awful, and across the board there is no knowledge of how to manage others or projects. The engineer typically is left to clean up all the messes and ethical dilemmas left behind by the operations side without causing the account reps, customers, or business development to look into possible problems. If one or more departments puts the other under the microscope anticipate vulgar emails and phone calls from all parties, followed closely by everyone doing their ritual of stabbing at least two people in the back. This relationship of communicating between all the customers and departments causes alot of tension and being able to communicate effectively is critical. Working at Halliburton as a Field Engineer is all about navigating a minefield to make your job comfortable, your actual success has nothing to do with the quality of your efforts in this area or any of your efforts. You will succeed as an engineer if you are liked and apart of the inner circle, or "Good old boys club". Lots of hardworkers have quit due to this, they get into the inner circle and realize that no matter how hard they work and succeed or fail nothing impacts their actual standing as a good worker. Most of them eventually just give up and stop coming to work and they are still rewarded with responsibilities and opportunities to succeed. They typically just stop trying, and find other opportunities elsewhere because the lack of motivation to work is awful. – less
great company
Field Engineer (Current Employee), Odessa, TXJuly 6, 2014
Pros: free training
Company is good. Takes time in training employees well and prepare them for job duties. Company take good care of their employees.
Completing the well with no problems or issues.
Mud Engineer / Drilling fluid Engineer (Current Employee), Brisbane, QLDJuly 6, 2014
Pros: being equal with every body.
Cons: driving at night.
When on the job my day typically starts at 6 in the morning. I reviewed all the activities in the evening and check mud properties if my instructions has been followed. Discussed with the well site supervisor of the days program and appraise him of the mud properties. Check materials stock level to ensure that adequate stocks are available. Everyday – more... is a learning process because drilling conditions are not the same in every hole.
To get respect from the co-workers is to respect them first and ensure that their safety is at the forefront. Hardest part of the job when there is lost circulation because of danger of well blowout.
The most enjoyable part of the job is after completing the well with no problems or issues. – less
Great Beginnings!!!!!!!!
SYSTEM ANALYST CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 5, 2014
Pros: travel, advancement within, bonus, yearly review raises
Cons: mediocre management, lack of support
Working for Halliburton is a fun experience that can produce great compensation and advancement opportunities! One ideology that Halliburton teaches are to make yourself relevant. I have learn a great deal about personal promotions and communicative abilities. great company for seasoned and entry-level job seekers.
Frac specialists and truck driver
Frac specialist (Former Employee), Duncan, OKJuly 5, 2014
setting up/ rigging up the equipment needed to Frac a site. Very tedious hard labor type of work. ran equipment and regulate pressure also amount of dirt, chemical, and water needed to pump into oil well. After job was complete we rigged down the equipment and drove to the next site.
good company
Operator Assistant 2 (Current Employee), Dickinson, NDJuly 1, 2014
Pros: lots of hours
Cons: lots of hours
on call 24/7 for 14 days

typical hitch is 200-300 hours

CDL Class A w/tanker

operate dry bulk equipment

hardest- weather

enjoyable- 2 weeks on 1 off schedule

About Halliburton

One of the largest oilfield services companies in the world, Halliburton serves the upstream oil and gas industry inĀ 80 countries – Read more