Halliburton

Halliburton Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Duncan, OKMarch 29, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
-A typical day at work consists of running the job from the tech command center which includes monitoring pressure, chemicals, and amount of job proppant used. Attending and facilitate safety meetings, complete job safety analysis documentation, and ensure the location is properly rigged up/down in a safe and efficient manner while making last minute – more... decisions with safety procedures and protocols in mind. Operate and maintain quality assurance which includes accurate job tickets and correct stage totals according to the job proposal.

-Things I learned :Job Site Safety Leader (JSSL). For each location, I was required to complete job safety analysis documentation (JSA’s) – making notes of and listing methods to avoid various hazards.
I also managed the well site area to guarantee that all tasks of the well audit checklist were met and done correctly.

- (Co-Workers) Because you are with these guys more than you are with your own familey, you develop a bond with the guys you work with. Because in the end they are your familey aslo.

- The hardest part of the job is: Rigging up and Rigging down a location, but once you learn how to swing a hammer the right way its pretty easy.

- The most enjoyable part of the job: is the different things you can learn to do. – less
Great equipment and great Co workers
Directional Drilling Engineer (Former Employee), Evansville, WYMarch 27, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: upper management doesn't understand how to manage people properly, they treat you like you don't matter.
They are a leader in the oilfield with the tools they use for directional work and MWD tools.
Great place to work...great people
Sr. HRD Manager - Talent Management (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 27, 2014
Pros: a great place overall
Nice facilities and nice people to work with...too many positives to list...
OK
Production Enhancement Engineer (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 27, 2014
Ok, company to work for. Good benefits and perks. Would like more flexible vacation and work schedule.
Work Hard, Play Hard
Head Line Boss (Former Employee), Kilgore, TXMarch 26, 2014
Halliburton was all business. I was a head line boss, and had a blast training other hands.
My Time at Halliburton
Service Operator II (Former Employee), Duncan, OKMarch 25, 2014
Pros: great benifits
Cons: poor direction from upper management
At Halliburton I was on a 4 week on and 2 week of schedule which was different at first but I came to enjoy it. I learned a lot about the oil field and high pressure pumping during my time there. I did not find the job was as physically challenging as some had said it would be. I always enjoyed the time I spent working along side my co-workers, I have – more... always been a very social person so that was probably one of the best aspects of the job. Probably the most difficult part of the job as I was a member of a group that traveled from crew to crew as a special service division was dealing with second set of supervisors, first being our supervisors in Duncan OK and the supervisors where we have been sent at the time which the two groups never seemed to see eye to eye and we were always caught up in the middle. – less
Military Style
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Minot, NDMarch 24, 2014
Pros: get to travel alot
Cons: work enviroment
dont really like the pay this particular job is hard to advance in .
Oil and Gas
Senior Consulting Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TexasMarch 24, 2014
Halliburton is an Oil and Gas company. There are several PSLs that are geared toward a specific vertical space within the Oil and Gas Industry.
Great company. Oppertunity to move up and advance.
Bulk Plant Supervisor (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMarch 24, 2014
Pros: great company, benifets, people, $$$
Cons: on call 24/7/365
Great benifets, hours, management. You make what you want out of it, you can easily move up the ladder if you so choose to.
Great Pay $$$$$
Chemical & driver (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMarch 21, 2014
Pros: great pay $$$$
Great pay Loved to go to work everyday... nothing bad to say here!!!
Working with state of the art systems
Cementing - Bulk Plant Operations (Current Employee), Zanesville, OHMarch 21, 2014
Pros: top of the line systems for loading/unloading bulk materials
Cons: old school and not working towards world class management systems
Technology is state of the art but very limited in advancing based on my knowledge and abilities. Internal systems is based off the buddy system and not what you know or have to offer for the company.
Educational Environment
Consultant (Former Employee), Houston, TexasMarch 20, 2014
I had the opportunity to work with some of the best engineers in the country.
For a worldwide company it seems to be very unorganized.
Cement crew (Current Employee), Zanesville, OHMarch 20, 2014
Pros: benefits and as soon as your hired benefits start.
Cons: you tend to feel you have to walk on egg shells at all times.
Usually get called in anytime during a six days on rotation. When you get called in you respond to teh yard and pre trip your vehicle and then meet with the supervisor your going to be with for a safety briefing. Once briefing is complete and a determination of who is doing which job on th elocation we are responding to. Then we drive to location and – more... once the rig is ready we drive on and set up our trucks to pump cement into the well. We rig up with 2 inch iron pipe and 4 inch water lines to from the pump truck to the rig well. Then when ready we operate the cement bulk trucks and send powder form cement mixture to pump truck. Once job is completed we rig down by removing iron pipe and water lines. Then we drive back and post trip our vehciles and clean them. – less
is very goood
Versflex liner hanger (Current Employee), Iraq-BasraMarch 18, 2014
good company, i was working as VersaFlex engineer, working in the field and then working as a Svc Leader-Completions in the office coordinating all the jobs doing the T&D calculation meeting with customers, supervise building the running tools, done all the paper works , ordering and tracking the equipment on SAP.
GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR
Material Handler Stockpoint I (Former Employee), Port Fourchon, LaMarch 17, 2014
Pros: living quarters, free food
Cons: lack of sleep, 18-20hr shifts 7 days in a row
Great company to work for. the management at the psl i was at needs a total overhaul though.Could have been a A+ facility!
oil field
Diesel technician (Current Employee), dickinson ndMarch 16, 2014
We work 12hr days 7 days a week. Its your typical oilfield work. We work on frac equipment, kenworth tractors, ford trucks, and anything else they bring us. Halliburton has a lot of benifits.
very busy environment, quick learning, no free time
Sr. Materials Control Specialist (Former Employee), Brighton, COMarch 15, 2014
Pros: can learn a lot, great benefits
Cons: thankless job, no free time
I learned quite a bit a Halliburton. One of the jokes that we used to say is that 1 year at Halliburton is equal to 2 years at any other company. This company basically 'throws you in the fire' when you first start and you never look back. Halliburton is perpetually busy and you feel like you are never ahead and always struggling to keep your head above – more... water. Many of the departments are understaffed and everyone does what they can to get by. I worked in the corporate offices in Houston, TX and traveled a lot to the field and worked in the field camp in Brighton, CO permanently. The culture of Halliburton is definitely work above all else including family and personal life. It makes you feel important and that your job is worthwhile, however, I personally do not believe you should live to work. I think one should work to live. Everybody at Halliburton honestly does get along for the most part and is nice. It seems like a massive family and you can ask questions with impunity, b/c that's a great way to learn. Halliburton was very enjoyable when I traveled with the company and got to meet many people and taught people. The toughest part of working for Halliburton was that working in one of the busiest field camps in the nation, if not the busiest in Brighton, CO. Having been to many other field camps, Brighton was always struggling to stay afloat in all departments. Halliburton tries to corner the market and take on more work than it can maybe handle. This is a very good problem to have, however, it takes a huge toll on the employees trying to ensure the business does not suffer. This especially is on display among the Support Staff. – less
Millwright/Production Welder (Current Employee), AlaskaMarch 13, 2014
Good hours, lots of work, excellent benefits, hardest part of job is being away from home.
A good place to work
Service Operator (Former Employee), Weston, WVMarch 10, 2014
Pros: people i worked with
Cons: being on call
It was a good place to work. I worked with good people, and got along well with everyone. They are safety oriented.
Hard but enjoyable work.
Assistant Frac Operator 1 (Former Employee), Caldwell, TXMarch 10, 2014
Must like to work outside and during times of inclement weather.

About Halliburton

Halliburton (pronounced /ˈhælɨbɜrtən/; NYSE: HAL) is the world's second largest oilfield services corporation with operations – Read more