Halliburton Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and very Helpful
Production enhancement (Intern) (Former Employee) –  CalgaryJanuary 2, 2015
A typical day would include pulling production well data using accumap and frac database to create well analysis for specified areas. Analysis would be created based on stages, cost, production, job times and efficiency.
I gained new program experience with accumap. The 4 month span really taught me a lot about time management and what it is like to work in a team oriented environment. Most enjoyable part would be during the break where everyone gathers around and go out to grab lunch. it helps relieve the hectic moments logged in before the break. No hard parts to it. The team makes it easy.
Diversified, Fun to Work with wide variety of people.
Electro-Mechanical Tech II (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABFebruary 25, 2015
Received copious training, work travel to Louisiana and Texas. High safety culture, cross-training usually encouraged/. Can-do attitudes pervasive
Pros
travel, training, and good people
Cons
not always opportunities to grow
Halliburton is such a wonderful company
PROCUREMENT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  KuwaitOctober 17, 2014
What one could say about the company and it's policy & Management it's perfect for those who should be lucky to find them self with the respected company, in every angle start from the working atmosphere till the enjoyment, fun, co-workers and the most i liked is the encouragement what one will get while working, for every bit peace of good work you will have an appreciation which boost the worker to reach the goal.
Pros
almost every thing is free
Cons
working long hours will be an extra benefit in halliburton with respect
Good Company - Right now future unsecured
Operator I - Frac / Acid (Current Employee) –  Clairmont, ABMarch 24, 2015
I love Halliburton - A few changes could be made with supervisors, but it's all good. Right now, due to low oil prices, my future is not secure here. I don't know if tomorrow is going to be my last day or not.
Good company but dont pay very well
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABMay 26, 2015
overall good, but pay is not good and they pay out small when or if you get laid off. do not go international with this company
It was great when things ran smoothly and when we travelled in USA we got to go to baseball games and explore different places
LGC Pre Blender (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABDecember 14, 2014
Had to take over LGC from cross shift and be informed as how things were running, repair anything that was not working right and report to cross shift as to how things ran for my shift.
Was taught how to mix the gel slurry and maintain equipment, how to put tire chains on, how to back semi trailers up, and how dangerous working in the oil patch can be, had to maintain several tickets needed to work at my job
Worked as a team and kept good communication with fellow workers
Hardest part of job was rigging into the well head, lots of heavy lifting
I enjoyed traveling to different place through out the three western provinces and the United States
Pros
traveled and worked all over the united states
Cons
worked 12 hour shifts, worked out of city away from family, and lived in camps and hotels
great experiences
Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Regina, SkFebruary 28, 2015
Halliburton is a great place to work you have a lot of opportunities with learning new roles. A typical day here was a 12-13 hour shift working in all weather conditions. You had to be willing to travel I spent my time between MB,SK, and AB.
Good company
Field Buyer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 13, 2015
Buyer for 3 warehouse locations

Worked daily reports to ensure job metrics were met.

Sourcing new products, supplies and services required.
Pros
Excellent Benefit package provided
Cons
No Job Security
Lots of cash
Technical Professional - Production Enhancement (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKApril 26, 2015
lots of fun and lots of learning, good environment, benefits, rrsp, stock program, engineering, operations, fracturing, oilfiled, stimulation
Great atmosphere and hands on experience
Operators Assistant Fracker (Former Employee) –  Regina,SKMarch 4, 2015
The coworkers were very helpful in answering my questions and helping me understand the Fracking industry and how the whole process works.
Pros
great pay, great benefits
Cons
unstability
Gainful Employment
Australasia Country Manager (Current Employee) –  New Plymoth, New ZealandMay 4, 2015
Overall a decent company to work for. Aggressive with cost cutting measures and perhaps a bit too near sighted in the current climate.
Tools/Shipper-receiver
Tools/Shipper-receiver (Current Employee) –  niskuJuly 12, 2014
Crane Operator and Forklift Driver
Completed all repairs and maintenance work to company standards.
Planned work and determined appropriate tools and equipment.
Worked overtime, including evenings and weekends, to respond to emergencies and fix
unsafe conditions.
Picked and Prepared rigs orders
Assembly/disassembly geo pilots
Unload and received trucks from rigs
Parts driver, Pick up parts/rentals
Load trucks and prepared paper work for shipping
Performed daily checks and inspections of motors
Cleaning and maintaining subs, MWD,collars, motors, jars etc.
Rebuilding, and manufacturing light oilfield tools/equipment
Physical
Hydraulic Fracturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, ABApril 20, 2015
- Not a good field of occupation if you have a family and value family/work life balance.
- Company turns a blind eye, when internal employee issues arise.
Great benefit and human relations
Material Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMarch 18, 2015
A safe place to work until a oil sector market went down.

The working environment was like a family home, people come in with smiles and work together as a team.
Operator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABMarch 18, 2015
Great company to work for. Always promote growth by providing their employees with a mentor as well as the necessary tools for advancement.
Pros
free training programs
Cons
lack of job security
Horrible Management, horrible work life balance
Wireline logging & Perforating Operator (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABNovember 1, 2014
- very hectic work
- very unorganized management
- the job itself was interesting, but the people involved at halliburton made it difficult to want to continue working in that environment
Pros
the work was interesting
Cons
the management was terrible
Excellent management from coordinators down, But the brass needs a shakeup
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 25, 2014
The culture at halliburton is what retains people, nothing else. Although the bonus system has recently been stepped up in the production enhancement department, respect for the upper echelons in PE is non-existent. To be fair however, this seems typical for anyone in a company of this size looking from the bottom upwards.

The company stresses safety, yet for a long time refused to do what was necessary to retain skilled hands that had to experience to do things safely. I believe that the new bonus system will change that, and that overall this is a good company to work for.
Great Company, Poorly managed
Downhole Tool Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  NiskuFebruary 17, 2015
This company from the outside looks like it can offer you a bright future. However when they do the interview process and the new hire process they roll out the red carpet and treat you like a king. However in a short while later you realize it was all fluff. There is no team moral boosting, if you want a raise or to try a different task you have to fight for it for a full year before they even consider it. Too many managers contradicting other managers. However this place has great benefits and pensions. If you can work for a sub-par wage, and great benefits, fighting for your small raises and work in a place that recognizes you faults before ever acknowledging your successes, then go work here. Oh and they say that safety is number one but they try to prevent employees from seeking medical attention so the managers get their safety bonus at the end of the year.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
demanding enviroment with little rewards, no yearly raises, have to fight for raises, poor company morale, too much red tape
FODP CEMENTING
Highly motivated junior engineer (Former Employee) –  grande prairie, abDecember 17, 2013
i am very interested in the position mentioned above, with that i am attaching my resume and i would highly appreciate it if you would go through it and consider me as one of the applicant for this position.My work experience is related to the oil and gas, i worked as a engineer technologist in the cementing department with Halliburton.
I am a very highly motivated person , with high innovation skills and very eager to learn new skills and achieve more and more. thank you again.
Good guys to works, great benefits, possible over seas work.
Tool Hand Superviser (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABMay 15, 2013
I have been working for the company for almost 3 yrs. I have moved up very quickly and the pay is great. I have learned a lot, but I have begun to missing cooking and being in a high paced environment. Most of my co- workers are great. I think the hardest part of my job is trying to fix things when they go wrong. At those times everyone is watching you, plus dealing with all the top guys on lease and watching on line back at the head offices. At the same time that is my favorite parts of the job, being in the fire (so to speak), figuring out what is wrong and the high off getting it all done.
Pros
good money
Cons
not creating things, and there is no passion in the industry.