Halliburton Employee Reviews in Canada

Great benefit and human relations
Material Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMarch 18, 2015
A safe place to work until a oil sector market went down.

The working environment was like a family home, people come in with smiles and work together as a team.
Operator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABMarch 18, 2015
Great company to work for. Always promote growth by providing their employees with a mentor as well as the necessary tools for advancement.
Pros
free training programs
Cons
lack of job security
Halliburton
E-Tech (Former Employee) –  ClairmontMarch 9, 2015
a typical work day started with a safety meeting, then work was distributed and worked accordingly. I mostly worked on the mobil rigs programming and pre-maintance. my co-workers were knowledgeable and friendly. the hardest part of the job was the issolation I found i was working a lot by myself and tho I was able to complete the tasks at hand there seemed to be a staffing issue which lead to overworked individuals and frustration in the workplace. the best part of the job was the people that worked there the long time employees are knowledgeable and know their job well
Excellant company to work for, very good salary good benefits. Overall good culture for learning and working for them. Not very good job security
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMarch 4, 2015
I enjoyed going to work each day because there was something to learn everyday. A typical day involved installing a network or calibrating a mag meter, radiation meter. There was always something new to learn. Management was always helpful with any problems. my coworkers were excellent we were a tight knit group that stood up for one another. The hardest part was the extremely long hours we sometimes had to work. The most enjoyable was working with my hands and accomplishing tasks. This created a great feeling.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
did not know when you were going to the field
Great atmosphere and hands on experience
Operators Assistant Fracker (Former Employee) –  Regina,SKMarch 4, 2015
The coworkers were very helpful in answering my questions and helping me understand the Fracking industry and how the whole process works.
Pros
great pay, great benefits
Cons
unstability
Good learning Ground
Production Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 3, 2015
Good training provided but there is less space for advancement. The work culture is good The managers are helpful & they want you to progress
Health and safety regulations not followed
Field Operator/Crew Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 3, 2015
The amount of hours worked does not reflect in the pay. It would if the health and safety rules around hours worked were followed. For example after 12 hours of work you are to stop working. This does not happen which leaves lots of room for life threatening mistakes.
Pros
people
Cons
health and safety concerns
great experiences
Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Regina, SkFebruary 28, 2015
Halliburton is a great place to work you have a lot of opportunities with learning new roles. A typical day here was a 12-13 hour shift working in all weather conditions. You had to be willing to travel I spent my time between MB,SK, and AB.
Diversified, Fun to Work with wide variety of people.
Electro-Mechanical Tech II (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABFebruary 25, 2015
Received copious training, work travel to Louisiana and Texas. High safety culture, cross-training usually encouraged/. Can-do attitudes pervasive
Pros
travel, training, and good people
Cons
not always opportunities to grow
interesting and challenging work environment
Pump/Discharge Manifold Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, ABFebruary 25, 2015
Everyday brought about interesting variations on the same overall work, some days what would work the previous day would not work that day and would need a slight change to complete the task. It never let the work get boring.

My co-workers were interesting and easy to get along with, we all came from different areas of the country and brought different ways of looking at the job to the group,
oil field work on drilling rigs as a field engineer
Lead MWD/LWD Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AlbertaFebruary 23, 2015
Challenging work with great travel opportunities. They have an excellent training program in place which consists of a boot camp and onsite training.

People in the higher management lack personal skills which makes it difficult for employees to communicate and grow in the company.
Pros
great compensation
Cons
long hours and night shifts
Friendly Environment
Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Nisku, ABFebruary 19, 2015
- The management system is not efficient.
- Multi-cultural environment
- Friendly work place
- moderate payment
- A challenging work place
- day-to-day learning
Great Company, Poorly managed
Downhole Tool Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  NiskuFebruary 17, 2015
This company from the outside looks like it can offer you a bright future. However when they do the interview process and the new hire process they roll out the red carpet and treat you like a king. However in a short while later you realize it was all fluff. There is no team moral boosting, if you want a raise or to try a different task you have to fight for it for a full year before they even consider it. Too many managers contradicting other managers. However this place has great benefits and pensions. If you can work for a sub-par wage, and great benefits, fighting for your small raises and work in a place that recognizes you faults before ever acknowledging your successes, then go work here. Oh and they say that safety is number one but they try to prevent employees from seeking medical attention so the managers get their safety bonus at the end of the year.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
demanding enviroment with little rewards, no yearly raises, have to fight for raises, poor company morale, too much red tape
Great people
Service operator Coil Tubing (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie AlbertaJanuary 29, 2015
Great people and great work environment only reason i left was not enough money to support my new family
Very nice environment at work
Down-hole Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Nisku, ABJanuary 24, 2015
The environment at work is very nice. All the co- workers , lead and manager even are helping and funny.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 22, 2015
opportunity for advancement in the company and the ability to travel if you like that
Halliburton
District - WP Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Nisku, ABJanuary 21, 2015
I have been working for Halliburton for the past 8 years, best place to work in.very good team players and awesome spirit.
Productive and very Helpful
Production enhancement (Intern) (Former Employee) –  CalgaryJanuary 2, 2015
A typical day would include pulling production well data using accumap and frac database to create well analysis for specified areas. Analysis would be created based on stages, cost, production, job times and efficiency.
I gained new program experience with accumap. The 4 month span really taught me a lot about time management and what it is like to work in a team oriented environment. Most enjoyable part would be during the break where everyone gathers around and go out to grab lunch. it helps relieve the hectic moments logged in before the break. No hard parts to it. The team makes it easy.
Working with Halliburton was great fun for me.
MWD Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABDecember 29, 2014
-Before you do something we need to make sure everything go smoothly for instance no injuries.
- I learned a lot about field work and how they work
- Planning and execution was greatly stressed upon workers at the field
It was great when things ran smoothly and when we travelled in USA we got to go to baseball games and explore different places
LGC Pre Blender (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABDecember 14, 2014
Had to take over LGC from cross shift and be informed as how things were running, repair anything that was not working right and report to cross shift as to how things ran for my shift.
Was taught how to mix the gel slurry and maintain equipment, how to put tire chains on, how to back semi trailers up, and how dangerous working in the oil patch can be, had to maintain several tickets needed to work at my job
Worked as a team and kept good communication with fellow workers
Hardest part of job was rigging into the well head, lots of heavy lifting
I enjoyed traveling to different place through out the three western provinces and the United States
Pros
traveled and worked all over the united states
Cons
worked 12 hour shifts, worked out of city away from family, and lived in camps and hotels