Halliburton Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
good
TCP operator (Current Employee), Nisku, ABJune 5, 2014
decent company to start off working with, paid on a salary and bonus type pay which means you make money if there are lots of jobs lined up, but if contracts dry up so does your pay. Great place to gain experience.
I really enjoy being a geologist exploring mother earth
Field Operator (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABMay 18, 2014
Pros: good salary
Cons: tough job
Everything over there was so good. Co-workers were cooperative and always helped me while working.
Productive and very Helpful
Production enhancement (Intern) (Former Employee), CalgaryJanuary 2, 2015
A typical day would include pulling production well data using accumap and frac database to create well analysis for specified areas. Analysis would be created based on stages, cost, production, job times and efficiency.
I gained new program experience with accumap. The 4 month span really taught me a lot about time management and what it is like to work in a team oriented environment. Most enjoyable part would be during the break where everyone gathers around and go out to grab lunch. it helps relieve the hectic moments logged in before the break. No hard parts to it. The team makes it easy.
Physical
Hydraulic Fracturing Operator (Former Employee), Clairmont, ABApril 20, 2015
- Not a good field of occupation if you have a family and value family/work life balance.
- Company turns a blind eye, when internal employee issues arise.
Very well run and organized environment. Compensated extremely well
Electronic Technician (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: a lot of overtime opportunity
Cons: possible long hours
I started at Halliburton when I finished Lambton College as a Electrical Technician I was responsible for the units in the field while I was on site as well as the repairs to the units when the got back to the shop. The shift work was 10 days on 4 days off of 8 hour shifts but while in the field shifts could last anywhere from 8-16 hours giving a lot of opportunity for overtime. The management that I answered to was very knowledgeable and willing to help whenever it was needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was different all of the time and since technology is always changing and upgrading there is always going to be more to learn. The hardest part of the job was in the field when there is no cell reception and needed to ask a question you would basically be stranded until you figure it out.
A great team to work with
Senior Application Evaluation Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 14, 2014
Pros: social club discounts. free parking
Cons: career plan
A typical work day is to be in early, get the necessary head up, and has a quick morning chat with the team, then upon that resuming previously open projects or starting new ones is to be decided.
I am learning a lot through meeting new customers, and interacting with my co-workers, things like collaboration, sharing knowledge and lessons learned are very commonly used here.
Management is among the best I have seen, I feel like I am within a family and this is a result of the very short distance between managers and employees, and the healthy environment we are working on.
I am lucky to have such a co-workers, they have been great since day one, always ready to help and support me.
The hardest part of the job is sitting in front of the computer the whole day, other than that everything can be easy.
The most enjoyable part is the feeling you get when the team goals are accomplished. It is a satisfaction that everyone feels because the whole floor has contributed on it.
productive good experience
Fiber optics specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton abFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: experience, good money
Cons: out of town
Fast pace life style, good experience, great money.
good benefits.
Good learning Ground
Production Scheduler (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 3, 2015
Good training provided but there is less space for advancement. The work culture is good The managers are helpful & they want you to progress
Halliburton
E-Tech (Former Employee), ClairmontMarch 9, 2015
a typical work day started with a safety meeting, then work was distributed and worked accordingly. I mostly worked on the mobil rigs programming and pre-maintance. my co-workers were knowledgeable and friendly. the hardest part of the job was the issolation I found i was working a lot by myself and tho I was able to complete the tasks at hand there seemed to be a staffing issue which lead to overworked individuals and frustration in the workplace. the best part of the job was the people that worked there the long time employees are knowledgeable and know their job well
Good company but dont pay very well
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABMay 26, 2015
overall good, but pay is not good and they pay out small when or if you get laid off. do not go international with this company
Good company
Field Buyer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 13, 2015
Pros: Excellent Benefit package provided
Cons: No Job Security
Buyer for 3 warehouse locations

Worked daily reports to ensure job metrics were met.

Sourcing new products, supplies and services required.
Fun environment
Warehouseman (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 21, 2015
It is a fast paced environment.
There were challenges each day, however it kept me motivated to make new targets each day and achieve those challenges. My coworkers were fun and allowed for the day to run smoothly and stress free.
Operator Assistant (Former Employee), Lloydminster, ABMarch 18, 2015
Pros: free training programs
Cons: lack of job security
Great company to work for. Always promote growth by providing their employees with a mentor as well as the necessary tools for advancement.
It was great when things ran smoothly and when we travelled in USA we got to go to baseball games and explore different places
LGC Pre Blender (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABDecember 14, 2014
Pros: traveled and worked all over the united states
Cons: worked 12 hour shifts, worked out of city away from family, and lived in camps and hotels
Had to take over LGC from cross shift and be informed as how things were running, repair anything that was not working right and report to cross shift as to how things ran for my shift.
Was taught how to mix the gel slurry and maintain equipment, how to put tire chains on, how to back semi trailers up, and how dangerous working in the oil patch can be, had to maintain several tickets needed to work at my job
Worked as a team and kept good communication with fellow workers
Hardest part of job was rigging into the well head, lots of heavy lifting
I enjoyed traveling to different place through out the three western provinces and the United States
interesting and challenging work environment
Pump/Discharge Manifold Equipment Technician (Former Employee), Clairmont, ABFebruary 25, 2015
Everyday brought about interesting variations on the same overall work, some days what would work the previous day would not work that day and would need a slight change to complete the task. It never let the work get boring.

My co-workers were interesting and easy to get along with, we all came from different areas of the country and brought different ways of looking at the job to the group,
Health and safety regulations not followed
Field Operator/Crew Lead (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 3, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: health and safety concerns
The amount of hours worked does not reflect in the pay. It would if the health and safety rules around hours worked were followed. For example after 12 hours of work you are to stop working. This does not happen which leaves lots of room for life threatening mistakes.
Diversified, Fun to Work with wide variety of people.
Electro-Mechanical Tech II (Former Employee), Nisku, ABFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: travel, training, and good people
Cons: not always opportunities to grow
Received copious training, work travel to Louisiana and Texas. High safety culture, cross-training usually encouraged/. Can-do attitudes pervasive
Gainful Employment
Australasia Country Manager (Current Employee), New Plymoth, New ZealandMay 4, 2015
Overall a decent company to work for. Aggressive with cost cutting measures and perhaps a bit too near sighted in the current climate.
Friendly Environment
Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee), Nisku, ABFebruary 19, 2015
- The management system is not efficient.
- Multi-cultural environment
- Friendly work place
- moderate payment
- A challenging work place
- day-to-day learning
Good Company - Right now future unsecured
Operator I - Frac / Acid (Current Employee), Clairmont, ABMarch 24, 2015
I love Halliburton - A few changes could be made with supervisors, but it's all good. Right now, due to low oil prices, my future is not secure here. I don't know if tomorrow is going to be my last day or not.
Links