Halliburton

Halliburton Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
lots of hours but fun co workers
Operations Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Lupton, COApril 7, 2014
Pros: free lunch and good co workers
Cons: 15 hour days
everyday at work I learned something new about the job. the hardest part is the hours. management wants to see everyone be happy and safe at work.
lots of advancement
Pump Technician (Former Employee), Brighton, COApril 5, 2014
Pros: amazing benefits.
tons of departments and advancement options. great knowledge learned in many areas of the oil field.
LOGCAP III
EAP Coordinator (Former Employee), IraqApril 5, 2014
War-zone experience second to none in gaining opportunity to help employees through crisis and trauma.
Good work environment
Service Operator (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 4, 2014
Lots of traveling, as well as being away from home.but overall good company to work for with excellent benefits.
affords opportunity to travel
Operator Assistant II (Current Employee), Bossier City, LAApril 3, 2014
met a great deal of new people and the travel experience is awesome
Good Learning Experience
Associate Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee), Duncan, OKApril 3, 2014
Good workflow ensured little down time and kept workers busy
Great Company!
Wireline Service Supervisor II (Former Employee), Prudhoe Bay, AKApril 3, 2014
Good company to obtain entry level position and get on the job training.
Consultant (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 2, 2014
Excellent opportunities for advancement. Well integrated. A great learning environment.
Lied
Billeting Coordinator (Former Employee), BaghdadApril 1, 2014
Was told I would make a certain amount, didn't make close to it. Then when I moved positions while overseas, it took forever to get paid for it. I still don't think I was paid properly!
Great job security and very organized.
QC Inspector & Drill Bit Fabricator (Former Employee), Conroe, TXMarch 31, 2014
Halliburton was a great to me. Allowing me to cross train and move up quickly. They also give yearly pay increases based on your annual review.
The only con was the amount of work available was inconsistent.
Company takes advantage of it's employees
Material Coordinator (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COMarch 31, 2014
Pros: there are non
Cons: takes advantage of it's employees
Generally Halliburton will use it's employees up and throw them away when they feel they are no longer useful. The employees there on the average are afraid to report any injuries for fear of getting fired. Will doing a post trip inspection on a truck I had just droven into the yard, another yard hand accidentally closed the hood of the semi o my head – more... which rang my bell but due to the general fear of reporting injuries I kept my mouth shut. Well the injury has created a degenerative disk arthritic condition in my upper back which will probably eventually disable me but because I was so afraid to report the injury now I have a condition that will effect me the rest of my life.
Halliburton is a pretty poor company. – less
Technical Writer for O&G Equip.
Technical Writer - Software writer and editor (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 31, 2014
Pros: very interesting and nice managers.
Cons: job was not secure. i was let go in order to hire a recent graduate to cut back on employee costs.
Wrote a user manual for "logging while drilling" software, a manual for setting up computers to access drilling software, and helped fellow employees use RoboHelp HTML.
Great benefits and potential career
Operator's Assistant (Former Employee), Lafayette, LaMarch 31, 2014
Pros: experience and skills learned
Cons: hours and flexibility
This was a great job but the timing was off. When starting for Halliburton drilling in the Gulf of Mexico was at a slow pace. Halliburton cut our weekly hours from 89 hours per week to 40. I made it through the first round of job cuts but seniority took over from there.
Excellent Benefits
Technical Professional (Former Employee), WYMarch 30, 2014
Long hours and hard work but a very good learning experience
A good place to work on.
Category Analyst Specialist-Buyer-Area (Former Employee), Macaé, BrazilMarch 29, 2014
Hard working days was tipically on this job and i liked this.
Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Duncan, OKMarch 29, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
-A typical day at work consists of running the job from the tech command center which includes monitoring pressure, chemicals, and amount of job proppant used. Attending and facilitate safety meetings, complete job safety analysis documentation, and ensure the location is properly rigged up/down in a safe and efficient manner while making last minute – more... decisions with safety procedures and protocols in mind. Operate and maintain quality assurance which includes accurate job tickets and correct stage totals according to the job proposal.

-Things I learned :Job Site Safety Leader (JSSL). For each location, I was required to complete job safety analysis documentation (JSA’s) – making notes of and listing methods to avoid various hazards.
I also managed the well site area to guarantee that all tasks of the well audit checklist were met and done correctly.

- (Co-Workers) Because you are with these guys more than you are with your own familey, you develop a bond with the guys you work with. Because in the end they are your familey aslo.

- The hardest part of the job is: Rigging up and Rigging down a location, but once you learn how to swing a hammer the right way its pretty easy.

- The most enjoyable part of the job: is the different things you can learn to do. – less
Great equipment and great Co workers
Directional Drilling Engineer (Former Employee), Evansville, WYMarch 27, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: upper management doesn't understand how to manage people properly, they treat you like you don't matter.
They are a leader in the oilfield with the tools they use for directional work and MWD tools.
Great place to work...great people
Sr. HRD Manager - Talent Management (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 27, 2014
Pros: a great place overall
Nice facilities and nice people to work with...too many positives to list...
OK
Production Enhancement Engineer (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 27, 2014
Ok, company to work for. Good benefits and perks. Would like more flexible vacation and work schedule.
Work Hard, Play Hard
Head Line Boss (Former Employee), Kilgore, TXMarch 26, 2014
Halliburton was all business. I was a head line boss, and had a blast training other hands.

About Halliburton

Halliburton (pronounced /ˈhælɨbɜrtən/; NYSE: HAL) is the world's second largest oilfield services corporation with operations – Read more