Halliburton Employee Reviews

Good for gaining experience
Sales Manager - Cement Canada (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 8, 2015
Halliburton is renowned as a training company. They provide superior training at the beginning and intermediate levels. This company promotes based on performance and has clear development plans for the beginning stages of your career. I would not recommend Halliburton for a life long career, but if you are looking to be trained then they could be considered.
Good employees and team members with mutual respect and good work environment
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 5, 2013
Always busy with my own work load and helping others getting their work done. Management allows me to take my own decisions and helpful in providing all assistance. Good team environment and love to work such a company.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
parking is a nightmare
Very known company in oil services industry
Technical Advisor North America HB TurboPower (Former Employee) –  US, And CanadaOctober 4, 2015
Halliburton is the bigger oil service in the world. Until 2014, it was a more 100,000 employees. Halliburton provides all kinds of high quality services armed with the latest technologies.
Excellent management from coordinators down, But the brass needs a shakeup
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 25, 2014
The culture at halliburton is what retains people, nothing else. Although the bonus system has recently been stepped up in the production enhancement department, respect for the upper echelons in PE is non-existent. To be fair however, this seems typical for anyone in a company of this size looking from the bottom upwards.

The company stresses safety, yet for a long time refused to do what was necessary to retain skilled hands that had to experience to do things safely. I believe that the new bonus system will change that, and that overall this is a good company to work for.
Great job that requires the right person
L/MWD Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABSeptember 23, 2015
Working in Sperry Drilling, the job requires people willing to work 36 sleepless hours. I recommend ex-military people for the job. Many people are in shock about the demands.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
boom and bust industry
good work place
HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton CanadaSeptember 23, 2015
Its all about very good working conditions and co operative workers
tis a team work job and all are about to do their part very well
its cool to have such head of department take care of your needs and problems.
High Paced Environment.
Supervisor in the Cementing Product Service Line (Former Employee) –  Fort Nelson, BCNovember 4, 2012
A good place to work, I met a lot of people from different companies, Plenty of room for advancement.
Pros
meal per diem
Cons
long hours.
Materials Control Specialist
Associate Materials Control Specialist, HCT (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABApril 10, 2013
I started out with no experience in the warehouse, unpacking boxes and handing parts to the people who required them. Gradually increasing my own knowledge of parts and assembly for each product service line. Daily SAP usage. Inventory control through monthly cycle counting. Eventually specializing in Completion tools, issuing materials as needed for sales. Recently learning to be back up materials for Bulk Cements Materials control. Learning chemical issuing and conversions for sales as well.
Pros
amazing benefits
good pay and bennifits
fracer (Former Employee) –  grande prairieApril 29, 2015
enjoyed working here. good pay and co workers. a lot of work out of town good rotations but not much time home. long hours.
Lots of cash
Technical Professional - Production Enhancement (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKApril 26, 2015
lots of fun and lots of learning, good environment, benefits, rrsp, stock program, engineering, operations, fracturing, oilfiled, stimulation
Physical
Hydraulic Fracturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, ABApril 20, 2015
- Not a good field of occupation if you have a family and value family/work life balance.
- Company turns a blind eye, when internal employee issues arise.
Not my favourite...
M/LWD Field Engineer, Level II (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABSeptember 4, 2015
Halliburton is a poorly managed company with many internal disputes and an enormous disparity between field workers and those in the shop and office.
Pros
Money
Cons
Never see your family
Diversified, Fun to Work with wide variety of people.
Electro-Mechanical Tech II (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABFebruary 25, 2015
Received copious training, work travel to Louisiana and Texas. High safety culture, cross-training usually encouraged/. Can-do attitudes pervasive
Pros
travel, training, and good people
Cons
not always opportunities to grow
Good company
Field Buyer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 13, 2015
Buyer for 3 warehouse locations

Worked daily reports to ensure job metrics were met.

Sourcing new products, supplies and services required.
Pros
Excellent Benefit package provided
Cons
No Job Security
Great atmosphere and hands on experience
Operators Assistant Fracker (Former Employee) –  Regina,SKMarch 4, 2015
The coworkers were very helpful in answering my questions and helping me understand the Fracking industry and how the whole process works.
Pros
great pay, great benefits
Cons
unstability
NA
Class 1 Driver / Mobile Crane Operator (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie AlbertaJuly 21, 2015
Halliburton Company is an American multinational corporation, and one of the world's largest oil field services companies with operations in more than 80 countries. It owns hundreds of subsidiaries, affiliates, branches, brands, and divisions worldwide and employs approximately 100,000 people.
Operator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABMarch 18, 2015
Great company to work for. Always promote growth by providing their employees with a mentor as well as the necessary tools for advancement.
Pros
free training programs
Cons
lack of job security
It was great when things ran smoothly and when we travelled in USA we got to go to baseball games and explore different places
LGC Pre Blender (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABDecember 14, 2014
Had to take over LGC from cross shift and be informed as how things were running, repair anything that was not working right and report to cross shift as to how things ran for my shift.
Was taught how to mix the gel slurry and maintain equipment, how to put tire chains on, how to back semi trailers up, and how dangerous working in the oil patch can be, had to maintain several tickets needed to work at my job
Worked as a team and kept good communication with fellow workers
Hardest part of job was rigging into the well head, lots of heavy lifting
I enjoyed traveling to different place through out the three western provinces and the United States
Pros
traveled and worked all over the united states
Cons
worked 12 hour shifts, worked out of city away from family, and lived in camps and hotels
Halliburton
E-Tech (Former Employee) –  ClairmontMarch 9, 2015
a typical work day started with a safety meeting, then work was distributed and worked accordingly. I mostly worked on the mobil rigs programming and pre-maintance. my co-workers were knowledgeable and friendly. the hardest part of the job was the issolation I found i was working a lot by myself and tho I was able to complete the tasks at hand there seemed to be a staffing issue which lead to overworked individuals and frustration in the workplace. the best part of the job was the people that worked there the long time employees are knowledgeable and know their job well
Friendly Environment
Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Nisku, ABFebruary 19, 2015
- The management system is not efficient.
- Multi-cultural environment