Halliburton

Halliburton Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Stock Holder ran Company where profits are placed ahead of it values.
LEAD ELECTRONIC TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Alvarado, TXSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: plenty of overtime
Cons: preach core values but don't stand behind them. poor management.
People are replaceable and not as valued as they should be due to have deep pockets.
Project Manager Real Estate Services (Former Employee), Dubai , BasraSeptember 16, 2014
Project Manager Real Estate Services:
• Responsible for overseeing construction projects and infrastructure on Halliburton bases in Iraq
• Design and installation of Generator Synchronisation System
• Design and installation of 11kv distribution network. Reducing cabling costs and ease future expansion
• Rationalising power generation in Burjisia to – more... reduce fuel costs by 40%
• Design and initiating connection of the Base to SOC HV System reducing fuel and maintenance costs – less
PM&L procurement, material and logistics
Internship (Former Employee), Islamabad, PISSeptember 4, 2014
• Six weeks internship in Halliburton (Oil and Gas Services Company) main head office Islamabad, Pakistan in procurement, material and logistics (PM&L) department.
• Worked on SAP for receiving purchase orders and sending material request to warehouse or vendors.
• Taking quotations from vendors and negotiating for few products to get least cost purchase.
 – more... Worked in warehouse for manual shifting and lifting and placing the received shipment in appropriate shelf and bins and packing goods in boxes for shipment then entering product number in excel sheet for record keeping.
• Cleaning the warehouse, issuing material to engineers like gloves, hard gear and other daily use products and filling all documents of product and chemicals delivered at different locations of exploration wells and movement of product within the location of this service company.
• In logistics I worked under boss as receiving movement order and then signing that movement order into movement request by signing it from the ordering department head for cost allocation, then arranging convince deciding according to the requirement with minimum cost possible – less
Established Safety Culture and committed to safe work environmrents.
HS&E Manager (Current Employee), Carrollton, TexasSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: the safety culture of the work force is dynamic.
Cons: the number of projects sometimes exceeds the means to accomplish.
Halliburton has a very good reputation of being a leader in the Oil and Gas industry when it comes to safety. The employees at Halliburton have a very sound and strong safety culture where the employees are actively engaged in the safety program. The Safety professionals here at Halliburton are some of the best in the business.

The benefits and compenstion – more... package here at Halliburton is one of the best that I have experienced in my career. The opportunities for career growth are many here at Halliburton. – less
Family like environement, long day and nights
OA1 (Former Employee), Montgomery, PASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: overtime and benfits package
Cons: long days and a lot of time away from my family and friends
My day started early in the morning with a long van ride to location. Followed by a long day outside in the elements. After the day was done it was back to the hotel for roughly 4-7 hours of sleep and then back to work. This was repeated for 14 straight days and then we were given off for 7 days.
In the course of my careers in the oilfield I have learnt – more... many things about geology and the ways of hydraulic fracturing. I am a stronger and wiser person due to the labor intensive work we did during the rigging phases. I can see things as they are and I can see them in the future to know how quickly we can rig it back out or change iron if needed.

Upper management was unsupportive to the crews and employees in the field. Field supervisors on the other hand were willing to accept reality that people needed off and that we worked very hard to earn time off.

The most difficult part of my job was being away from my family and friends. Spending 14 days with the same 15 people made it easier because those coworkers became my family and closest friends. The job at Halliburton put me in a place of finical freedom and gave me the extra money needed to get ahead and provide for my family. – less
Good company to work for
Operators Assistant I/ Frac-Acid (Former Employee), Fort Lupton, COSeptember 1, 2014
• Assist in rigging up and down of 3” 15,000 psi iron as well as 4” 10,000 psi iron
• Performed pump maintenance on Q10 & HT horsepower diesel trucks
• Assisted in controlling the quantity and rates of various sand types that were used during fracking operations
• Documented near misses, employee behavior, hazardous waste spills, and environmental – more... hazardous daily in adherence to Halliburton’s safety regulations and guidelines
• Effectively communicated ground operations before, during, and after every frac
• Logged entries of personnel and equipment on location – less
NA
SAMPLE CATCHER (Current Employee), Broussard, LAAugust 30, 2014
VERY GOOD PEOPLE TO WORK WITH GOOD COMPANY AND BENIFITS PAY IS NOT AS EXPECTED FOR WORKING OFFSHORE BUT YOU DO LEARN ALOT AND OFTEN CHANCES TO TRANSFER TO DIFFERENT DIVISIONS THROUGH OUT THE COMPANY
Great work place
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee), Kilgore, TXAugust 27, 2014
They have a great 401k plan and benefits. Good job security with a guarantee 40 hours a week. The work is hard but after a while u will get use to it
Good worker to get alone with others
Coordinator for all Tarlton shipments (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 27, 2014
Pros: go company
Cons: short breaks
load and unload trucks monitor incoming shipments make sure all parts are on hand. provide support receiving department.
Fun job. Terrible management
Operator (Former Employee), Fort Lupton, COAugust 22, 2014
Pros: good compensation
Cons: management
Job was great. Management was horrible. Micro-managing lack of experience and no people skills. Managers did not care about employee development.
Am very professional in my field of specialization
SAP Specialist/Procurement Buyer (Former Employee), Port HarcourtAugust 19, 2014
Customer satisfaction,
Timely delivery of material request.
Organizational Administration.

Good interpersonal relationship with co-worker.

Happy when customers are happy due to job satisfaction
Great compant with great benefits.
Service Operator I (Current Employee), Shreveport, LAAugust 16, 2014
Pros: field level supervisors are very supportive and willing to assist your growth inside the company.
Cons: travel, travel travel
Halliburton is top of the service industry chain. The benefits are top notch, the pay is great - but you will have to work hard and work along many different kinds of people. 100% travel with expenses paid.
A productive and collaborative and dynamic work environment!
PTP SAP Applications Lead (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 15, 2014
A productive and collaborative and dynamic work environment!
Worked with good teams until 2012, then Halliburton became over-managed.
Software Lead Test Engineer (Former Employee), Duncan, OKAugust 15, 2014
Pros: halliburton has good people.
Cons: over managed projects.
A good 30 years, challenging work until the last 3 years of my career. Company outsourced most software work, and over managed projects to point that the good smart driven employees began to leave.
good company to work for but little chance to move around
Gerald Thorpe - Supervisor (Current Employee), Cecil, PAAugust 14, 2014
good company to work for but little chance to move around and learn more
Great Company
Technical Professional (Current Employee), Carrollton, TXAugust 14, 2014
Good company willing to transfer you around departments, flexible work schedule.
Booth Halliburton and schlumbeger are a good companies
Cementing. Field Specialist Coordinator (Current Employee), Halliburton Gabon central africaAugust 13, 2014
during my experience i had a chances to be a part of the good organized professional teams .
straightforward job like any other
material handler (Former Employee), Elk City, OKAugust 13, 2014
Pros: listened to music while working, heavy equipment experience, paid double time on holidays.
Cons: short breaks, ppe not always provided, supervisors slept alot on jobs.
get to work and have a safety meeting then go stack product for twelve hours. management did not wor k well in dishing out orders .usually one person would get multiple tasks that were required to be done simultaneously the job kept me in great shape, i did not like when the mud plant made a chemical spill cause everything would get very behind schedule..
Just a day in the life of a DD
Deep water directional driller (Former Employee), Broussard, LAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: 401k, 15% of stock option, great day rate
Cons: terrible salary ( but you work for the day rate), work alot of days (life of the dd)
Well I will always bleed red. I chose the lifestyle, while not for everyone, if you want to be engrossed in your work, Halliburton is for you. I worked 240-300 days a year but I was paid for it. Long, detailed work but I was fairly compensted. Great 401k stock options and day rate. Salary sucked but I worked for my day rate which was very fair. I would – more... recommend Gulf Coast to anyone looking to get into oilfield, Broussard, LA. You will be engrossed in your work but you will also know your job and if you pay attention, alot of other peoples job also. – less
Fun place to work at first.
Drilling fluids mud plant operator (Former Employee), Monahans, TXAugust 10, 2014
Too much turnover,one day I came into work the whole mudplant quit!!! I got volunteered to work out there,bout 90-100 hrs in 6 days.Management never came out of the a/c unless someone got hurt!:(.Being a former paratrooper I sucked it up for 6 mos,empty promises in Monahans Tx.

About Halliburton

One of the largest oilfield services companies in the world, Halliburton serves the upstream oil and gas industry in 80 countries – Read more