Halliburton Employee Reviews

oil field work on drilling rigs as a field engineer
Lead MWD/LWD Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Nisku, Alberta23 February 2015
Challenging work with great travel opportunities. They have an excellent training program in place which consists of a boot camp and onsite training.

People in the higher management lack personal skills which makes it difficult for employees to communicate and grow in the company.
Pros
great compensation
Cons
long hours and night shifts
Halliburton is such a wonderful company
PROCUREMENT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Kuwait17 October 2014
What one could say about the company and it's policy & Management it's perfect for those who should be lucky to find them self with the respected company, in every angle start from the working atmosphere till the enjoyment, fun, co-workers and the most i liked is the encouragement what one will get while working, for every bit peace of good work you will have an appreciation which boost the worker to reach the goal.
Pros
Almost every thing is free
Cons
Working long hours will be an extra benefit in Halliburton with respect
Tools/Shipper-receiver
Tools/Shipper-receiver (Current Employee) –  nisku12 July 2014
Crane Operator and Forklift Driver
Completed all repairs and maintenance work to company standards.
Planned work and determined appropriate tools and equipment.
Worked overtime, including evenings and weekends, to respond to emergencies and fix
unsafe conditions.
Picked and Prepared rigs orders
Assembly/disassembly geo pilots
Unload and received trucks from rigs
Parts driver, Pick up parts/rentals
Load trucks and prepared paper work for shipping
Performed daily checks and inspections of motors
Cleaning and maintaining subs, MWD,collars, motors, jars etc.
Rebuilding, and manufacturing light oilfield tools/equipment
Excellent management from coordinators down, But the brass needs a shakeup
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB25 January 2014
The culture at halliburton is what retains people, nothing else. Although the bonus system has recently been stepped up in the production enhancement department, respect for the upper echelons in PE is non-existent. To be fair however, this seems typical for anyone in a company of this size looking from the bottom upwards.

The company stresses safety, yet for a long time refused to do what was necessary to retain skilled hands that had to experience to do things safely. I believe that the new bonus system will change that, and that overall this is a good company to work for.
FODP CEMENTING
Highly motivated junior engineer (Former Employee) –  grande prairie, ab17 December 2013
i am very interested in the position mentioned above, with that i am attaching my resume and i would highly appreciate it if you would go through it and consider me as one of the applicant for this position.My work experience is related to the oil and gas, i worked as a engineer technologist in the cementing department with Halliburton.
I am a very highly motivated person , with high innovation skills and very eager to learn new skills and achieve more and more. thank you again.
Good place to make a lot of money
Frac/acid. Blender operator (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, Alberta3 March 2013
Good place to work. Equipment is a bit out dated and pretty worn out.
Bonus structure is ok. Salary sucks
Most co-workers are fine to work with
Don't expect to see your family much with their 15 on and 6 off schedule. This would be a great job for the single person
You either stay in hotels (usually very nice places) or in camps.
Pros
could easily make up to $8000 to $10000 a month when busy and when the equipment is working
Cons
long hours, low salary that you have to live off during spring break up, have to travel long distances to get to work
Materials Control Specialist
Associate Materials Control Specialist, HCT (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB10 April 2013
I started out with no experience in the warehouse, unpacking boxes and handing parts to the people who required them. Gradually increasing my own knowledge of parts and assembly for each product service line. Daily SAP usage. Inventory control through monthly cycle counting. Eventually specializing in Completion tools, issuing materials as needed for sales. Recently learning to be back up materials for Bulk Cements Materials control. Learning chemical issuing and conversions for sales as well.
Pros
amazing benefits
Good guys to works, great benefits, possible over seas work.
Tool Hand Superviser  (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB15 May 2013
I have been working for the company for almost 3 yrs. I have moved up very quickly and the pay is great. I have learned a lot, but I have begun to missing cooking and being in a high paced environment. Most of my co- workers are great. I think the hardest part of my job is trying to fix things when they go wrong. At those times everyone is watching you, plus dealing with all the top guys on lease and watching on line back at the head offices. At the same time that is my favorite parts of the job, being in the fire (so to speak), figuring out what is wrong and the high off getting it all done.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Not creating things, and there is no passion in the industry.
Great place To work if you are single without kids
Field Engineering Hand (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta17 June 2013
This is a great and rewarding company with good management. The salary and benefits are great and the training is very good. Most people you will wok with are engineers and a great source of information for training. Most of your training will be in the field working.
The work life balance is not so great. This is a career for someone who is single and has no kids. You wont be home for up to 3 months at a time. This was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Great salary and benefits
Cons
Poor work/life ballance
Health and safety regulations not followed
Field Operator/Crew Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 March 2015
The amount of hours worked does not reflect in the pay. It would if the health and safety rules around hours worked were followed. For example after 12 hours of work you are to stop working. This does not happen which leaves lots of room for life threatening mistakes.
Pros
People
Cons
Health and safety concerns
great work enviroment lots of help
etech (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB18 August 2015
Was one of my favorite jobs. Even though it was hard at times the people who worked there really helped me out in getting thru the jobs. good salary to
Pros
good salary great people
Cons
long hours lots of days worked
Good company to work for
AFP (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB25 January 2014
Mainly worked in the field with a crew of up to four people under
the supervision of Field Professional. Assisted with getting
ready for jobs, supervising the crew and doing safety meeting
in the shop/field. Ran the winch, worked with high technology tools,
created and interpreted final logs (using warrior system, summit).
Worked long hours in extreme hot/cold weather conditions.
Not my favourite...
M/LWD Field Engineer, Level II (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB4 September 2015
Halliburton is a poorly managed company with many internal disputes and an enormous disparity between field workers and those in the shop and office.
Pros
Money
Cons
Never see your family
Large corporation with numerous opportunities
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 January 2013
Challenging job with a great deal of variation, where no day is the same.

Tremendous learning opportunities exist, room for advancement, and opportunity for International placement. Exposure from everything from employee relations, to policy writing, and performance improvement plans.
Pros
benefits & salary
Cons
work/life balance
good place to start out
Service operator/ Class one driver/ Fraccer (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB26 January 2014
I think halliburton is a great company for people that want to get there foot in the door and make a bit of money.
The only reason im leaving is i would like to be home ever night if that wasnt and issue i would not even consider leaving the company.
Pros
average pay
Cons
long hour and away from home for extended periods of time
It was great when things ran smoothly and when we travelled in USA we got to go to baseball games and explore different places
LGC Pre Blender (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB14 December 2014
Had to take over LGC from cross shift and be informed as how things were running, repair anything that was not working right and report to cross shift as to how things ran for my shift.
Was taught how to mix the gel slurry and maintain equipment, how to put tire chains on, how to back semi trailers up, and how dangerous working in the oil patch can be, had to maintain several tickets needed to work at my job
Worked as a team and kept good communication with fellow workers
Hardest part of job was rigging into the well head, lots of heavy lifting
I enjoyed traveling to different place through out the three western provinces and the United States
Pros
Traveled and worked all over the United States
Cons
Worked 12 hour shifts, worked out of city away from family, and lived in camps and hotels
Working in the Halliburton R&D facility was an enjoyable experience.
Technician-Mechanical (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB2 October 2013
It's a great company to work for. One is taught how to work safe. Co-workers are good in general. Everybody respect each other. My job there as a mechanical technician in the R&D facility was great. I learned new things and most of the time there was something new to do and to learn.
Fantastic place to work
Survey Technician (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB25 July 2015
Great place to work, the management treated everyone equal, with plenty of chance for advancement. Benefits included RRSP, Stock Buy ins, health and dental, and 3 weeks vaction time starting
peaceful work environment
Manufacturing scheduler (Current Employee) –  Nisku Alberta11 May 2015
I enjoy working for HAL as the management style is more humane than any place I have ever worked for.
Halliburton do not tolerate harassment and people respect one another.
Pros
Excellent work enviroment
Cons
Promotion are delayed
An excellent working environment and awesome boss.
Material / Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB11 April 2013
A typical day at work starts with a Tool meeting where someone from the team is expected to share their value or safety moment.
The rest of the day just go bye quickly because there is always something to do.
Pros
stress free work environment
Cons
non that i can think of