Halliburton Employee Reviews in Canada

peaceful work environment
Manufacturing scheduler (Current Employee) –  Nisku AlbertaMay 11, 2015
I enjoy working for HAL as the management style is more humane than any place I have ever worked for.
Halliburton do not tolerate harassment and people respect one another.
Pros
Excellent work enviroment
Cons
Promotion are delayed
Fun environment
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 21, 2015
It is a fast paced environment.
There were challenges each day, however it kept me motivated to make new targets each day and achieve those challenges. My coworkers were fun and allowed for the day to run smoothly and stress free.
Halliburton is such a wonderful company
PROCUREMENT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  KuwaitOctober 17, 2014
What one could say about the company and it's policy & Management it's perfect for those who should be lucky to find them self with the respected company, in every angle start from the working atmosphere till the enjoyment, fun, co-workers and the most i liked is the encouragement what one will get while working, for every bit peace of good work you will have an appreciation which boost the worker to reach the goal.
Pros
almost every thing is free
Cons
working long hours will be an extra benefit in halliburton with respect
Diversified, Fun to Work with wide variety of people.
Electro-Mechanical Tech II (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABFebruary 25, 2015
Received copious training, work travel to Louisiana and Texas. High safety culture, cross-training usually encouraged/. Can-do attitudes pervasive
Pros
travel, training, and good people
Cons
not always opportunities to grow
Tools/Shipper-receiver
Tools/Shipper-receiver (Current Employee) –  niskuJuly 12, 2014
Crane Operator and Forklift Driver
Completed all repairs and maintenance work to company standards.
Planned work and determined appropriate tools and equipment.
Worked overtime, including evenings and weekends, to respond to emergencies and fix
unsafe conditions.
Picked and Prepared rigs orders
Assembly/disassembly geo pilots
Unload and received trucks from rigs
Parts driver, Pick up parts/rentals
Load trucks and prepared paper work for shipping
Performed daily checks and inspections of motors
Cleaning and maintaining subs, MWD,collars, motors, jars etc.
Rebuilding, and manufacturing light oilfield tools/equipment
It was great when things ran smoothly and when we travelled in USA we got to go to baseball games and explore different places
LGC Pre Blender (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABDecember 14, 2014
Had to take over LGC from cross shift and be informed as how things were running, repair anything that was not working right and report to cross shift as to how things ran for my shift.
Was taught how to mix the gel slurry and maintain equipment, how to put tire chains on, how to back semi trailers up, and how dangerous working in the oil patch can be, had to maintain several tickets needed to work at my job
Worked as a team and kept good communication with fellow workers
Hardest part of job was rigging into the well head, lots of heavy lifting
I enjoyed traveling to different place through out the three western provinces and the United States
Pros
traveled and worked all over the united states
Cons
worked 12 hour shifts, worked out of city away from family, and lived in camps and hotels
Excellent management from coordinators down, But the brass needs a shakeup
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 25, 2014
The culture at halliburton is what retains people, nothing else. Although the bonus system has recently been stepped up in the production enhancement department, respect for the upper echelons in PE is non-existent. To be fair however, this seems typical for anyone in a company of this size looking from the bottom upwards.

The company stresses safety, yet for a long time refused to do what was necessary to retain skilled hands that had to experience to do things safely. I believe that the new bonus system will change that, and that overall this is a good company to work for.
FODP CEMENTING
Highly motivated junior engineer (Former Employee) –  grande prairie, abDecember 17, 2013
i am very interested in the position mentioned above, with that i am attaching my resume and i would highly appreciate it if you would go through it and consider me as one of the applicant for this position.My work experience is related to the oil and gas, i worked as a engineer technologist in the cementing department with Halliburton.
I am a very highly motivated person , with high innovation skills and very eager to learn new skills and achieve more and more. thank you again.
Good place to make a lot of money
Frac/acid. Blender operator (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AlbertaMarch 3, 2013
Good place to work. Equipment is a bit out dated and pretty worn out.
Bonus structure is ok. Salary sucks
Most co-workers are fine to work with
Don't expect to see your family much with their 15 on and 6 off schedule. This would be a great job for the single person
You either stay in hotels (usually very nice places) or in camps.
Pros
could easily make up to $8000 to $10000 a month when busy and when the equipment is working
Cons
long hours, low salary that you have to live off during spring break up, have to travel long distances to get to work
Materials Control Specialist
Associate Materials Control Specialist, HCT (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABApril 10, 2013
I started out with no experience in the warehouse, unpacking boxes and handing parts to the people who required them. Gradually increasing my own knowledge of parts and assembly for each product service line. Daily SAP usage. Inventory control through monthly cycle counting. Eventually specializing in Completion tools, issuing materials as needed for sales. Recently learning to be back up materials for Bulk Cements Materials control. Learning chemical issuing and conversions for sales as well.
Pros
amazing benefits
Good guys to works, great benefits, possible over seas work.
Tool Hand Superviser (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABMay 15, 2013
I have been working for the company for almost 3 yrs. I have moved up very quickly and the pay is great. I have learned a lot, but I have begun to missing cooking and being in a high paced environment. Most of my co- workers are great. I think the hardest part of my job is trying to fix things when they go wrong. At those times everyone is watching you, plus dealing with all the top guys on lease and watching on line back at the head offices. At the same time that is my favorite parts of the job, being in the fire (so to speak), figuring out what is wrong and the high off getting it all done.
Pros
good money
Cons
not creating things, and there is no passion in the industry.
Great place To work if you are single without kids
Field Engineering Hand (Former Employee) –  Edmonton AlbertaJune 17, 2013
This is a great and rewarding company with good management. The salary and benefits are great and the training is very good. Most people you will wok with are engineers and a great source of information for training. Most of your training will be in the field working.
The work life balance is not so great. This is a career for someone who is single and has no kids. You wont be home for up to 3 months at a time. This was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
great salary and benefits
Cons
poor work/life ballance
Good Company - Right now future unsecured
Operator I - Frac / Acid (Current Employee) –  Clairmont, ABMarch 24, 2015
I love Halliburton - A few changes could be made with supervisors, but it's all good. Right now, due to low oil prices, my future is not secure here. I don't know if tomorrow is going to be my last day or not.
great experiences
Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Regina, SkFebruary 28, 2015
Halliburton is a great place to work you have a lot of opportunities with learning new roles. A typical day here was a 12-13 hour shift working in all weather conditions. You had to be willing to travel I spent my time between MB,SK, and AB.
Good company to work for
AFP (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 25, 2014
Mainly worked in the field with a crew of up to four people under
the supervision of Field Professional. Assisted with getting
ready for jobs, supervising the crew and doing safety meeting
in the shop/field. Ran the winch, worked with high technology tools,
created and interpreted final logs (using warrior system, summit).
Worked long hours in extreme hot/cold weather conditions.
Large corporation with numerous opportunities
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 30, 2013
Challenging job with a great deal of variation, where no day is the same.

Tremendous learning opportunities exist, room for advancement, and opportunity for International placement. Exposure from everything from employee relations, to policy writing, and performance improvement plans.
Pros
benefits & salary
Cons
work/life balance
Good company
Field Buyer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 13, 2015
Buyer for 3 warehouse locations

Worked daily reports to ensure job metrics were met.

Sourcing new products, supplies and services required.
Pros
Excellent Benefit package provided
Cons
No Job Security
Horrible Management, horrible work life balance
Wireline logging & Perforating Operator (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABNovember 1, 2014
- very hectic work
- very unorganized management
- the job itself was interesting, but the people involved at halliburton made it difficult to want to continue working in that environment
Pros
the work was interesting
Cons
the management was terrible
Great atmosphere and hands on experience
Operators Assistant Fracker (Former Employee) –  Regina,SKMarch 4, 2015
The coworkers were very helpful in answering my questions and helping me understand the Fracking industry and how the whole process works.
Pros
great pay, great benefits
Cons
unstability
Good company but dont pay very well
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABMay 26, 2015
overall good, but pay is not good and they pay out small when or if you get laid off. do not go international with this company