Halliburton
1,370 reviews

Halliburton Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good place to start out
Service operator/ Class one driver/ Fraccer (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: average pay
Cons: long hour and away from home for extended periods of time
I think halliburton is a great company for people that want to get there foot in the door and make a bit of money.
The only reason im leaving is i would like to be home ever night if that wasnt and issue i would not even consider leaving the company.
Good company to work for
AFP (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 25, 2014
Mainly worked in the field with a crew of up to four people under
the supervision of Field Professional. Assisted with getting
ready for jobs, supervising the crew and doing safety meeting
in the shop/field. Ran the winch, worked with high technology tools,
created and interpreted final logs (using warrior system, summit).
Worked long hours in extreme hot/cold weather conditions.
Good employees and team members with mutual respect and good work environment
Buyer (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 5, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: parking is a nightmare
Always busy with my own work load and helping others getting their work done. Management allows me to take my own decisions and helpful in providing all assistance. Good team environment and love to work such a company.
pump operator
OPERATOR (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABNovember 8, 2013
Pros: good wage
Cons: away from home and dangerous.
Job is dirty and dangerous. The job involves hard labor and long hours.This is a job for a young man that wants to make lots of money and spend little time at home.
Working in the Halliburton R&D facility was an enjoyable experience.
Technician-Mechanical (Former Employee), Nisku, ABOctober 2, 2013
It's a great company to work for. One is taught how to work safe. Co-workers are good in general. Everybody respect each other. My job there as a mechanical technician in the R&D facility was great. I learned new things and most of the time there was something new to do and to learn.
Very well run and organized environment. Compensated extremely well
Electronic Technician (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: a lot of overtime opportunity
Cons: possible long hours
I started at Halliburton when I finished Lambton College as a Electrical Technician I was responsible for the units in the field while I was on site as well as the repairs to the units when the got back to the shop. The shift work was 10 days on 4 days off of 8 hour shifts but while in the field shifts could last anywhere from 8-16 hours giving a lot of opportunity for overtime. The management that I answered to was very knowledgeable and willing to help whenever it was needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was different all of the time and since technology is always changing and upgrading there is always going to be more to learn. The hardest part of the job was in the field when there is no cell reception and needed to ask a question you would basically be stranded until you figure it out.
good company to work for
Supervisor / equipment operator (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, ABAugust 21, 2013
gained very good knowledge and experience.Learned a lot about the coil tubing industry.
Good co-workers
Field Operator 1 (Current Employee), Medicine HatAugust 13, 2013
Pros: great paying job
Cons: 15 on 6 off work schedule
Dislike the 15 on 6 off work schedule, but overall a decent company to work for nothing bad to say about them
Fast paced, On your toes
M/LWD Field Engineer (Former Employee), Nisku, ABAugust 12, 2013
Pros: big money
Cons: no down time
MWD Work, In Field Tool Preperation and Maintenance. Great Pay long hours and inconsistent work schedule.
Good guys to works, great benefits, possible over seas work.
Tool Hand Superviser (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, ABMay 15, 2013
Pros: good money
Cons: not creating things, and there is no passion in the industry.
I have been working for the company for almost 3 yrs. I have moved up very quickly and the pay is great. I have learned a lot, but I have begun to missing cooking and being in a high paced environment. Most of my co- workers are great. I think the hardest part of my job is trying to fix things when they go wrong. At those times everyone is watching you, plus dealing with all the top guys on lease and watching on line back at the head offices. At the same time that is my favorite parts of the job, being in the fire (so to speak), figuring out what is wrong and the high off getting it all done.
Good
M/LWD Field Engineer (Former Employee), Nisku, ABApril 25, 2013
Pros: good job
Cons: no schedule
Good place to work. Excellent people to work with. Great learning experience.
Materials Control Specialist
Associate Materials Control Specialist, HCT (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABApril 10, 2013
Pros: amazing benefits
I started out with no experience in the warehouse, unpacking boxes and handing parts to the people who required them. Gradually increasing my own knowledge of parts and assembly for each product service line. Daily SAP usage. Inventory control through monthly cycle counting. Eventually specializing in Completion tools, issuing materials as needed for sales. Recently learning to be back up materials for Bulk Cements Materials control. Learning chemical issuing and conversions for sales as well.
Good place to make a lot of money
Frac/acid. Blender operator (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, AlbertaMarch 3, 2013
Pros: could easily make up to $8000 to $10000 a month when busy and when the equipment is working
Cons: long hours, low salary that you have to live off during spring break up, have to travel long distances to get to work
Good place to work. Equipment is a bit out dated and pretty worn out.
Bonus structure is ok. Salary sucks
Most co-workers are fine to work with
Don't expect to see your family much with their 15 on and 6 off schedule. This would be a great job for the single person
You either stay in hotels (usually very nice places) or in camps.
Large corporation with numerous opportunities
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: benefits & salary
Cons: work/life balance
Challenging job with a great deal of variation, where no day is the same.

Tremendous learning opportunities exist, room for advancement, and opportunity for International placement. Exposure from everything from employee relations, to policy writing, and performance improvement plans.
Used to be a very productive and fun place to work
Software and Services Manager (Former Employee), Houston TX, Calgary, ABDecember 27, 2012
Pros: global exposure - great experience serving huge projects in different geographies
Cons: short bench of professionals
Enjoyed working for this employer till they placed all the eggs into one nest - ignoring Windows platform and favoring Linux.
High Paced Environment.
Supervisor in the Cementing Product Service Line (Former Employee), Fort Nelson, BCNovember 4, 2012
Pros: meal per diem
Cons: long hours.
A good place to work, I met a lot of people from different companies, Plenty of room for advancement.
Descent money
Field Engineer (Well Services - MWD/ LWD), UK (Current Employee), Aberdeen, UKOctober 15, 2012
Pros: established company and hence job security.
Cons: big company, hard to go up the ladder
I worked in this company for 4 years now. 3 in India and Oman and 1 in UK. It has provided me with a stable job and it requires significant amount of travelling. The work on field is quiet hectic.
Excellent equipment and shop
Cement Operator ( Service Operator II ) (Former Employee), Fort St John, BCOctober 15, 2012
Pros: bennefits and housing for out of town workers
Cons: bad management
On a 24-7 rotation for 15 days doing Cementing jobs on drilling rigs Learned to operate the high pressure pumps and calculating the volumes of materials for doing the job
Not too bad.
Operator Assistant (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, ABSeptember 7, 2012
Hard to advance. Training and advancement system is not very advanced and has alot of problems. Good bunch of guys, good safety program.
Very big and organized
Geologist (Former Employee), CanadaAugust 6, 2012
Working in a huge Company like Halliburton I had the opportunity to see a great organization and an ecxellent care about the employees.
Good experience to work as a G&G Consultant at Petrobras and International Oil Companies exploring in Brazil.

About Halliburton

One of the largest oilfield services companies in the world, Halliburton serves the upstream oil and gas industry in 80 countries – Read more