Halliburton

Halliburton Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Used to be a very productive and fun place to work
Software and Services Manager (Former Employee), Houston TX, Calgary, ABDecember 27, 2012
Pros: global exposure - great experience serving huge projects in different geographies
Cons: short bench of professionals
Enjoyed working for this employer till they placed all the eggs into one nest - ignoring Windows platform and favoring Linux.
its a good company around the world.
Student internship (Former Employee), BoliviaDecember 18, 2012
in a typical day of work, I like to review my day's activities and schedule them according to the importance of each. I like to learn new things and have good relationship with people. I can work under pressure and react with positive attitude for any problems.
High Paced Environment.
Supervisor in the Cementing Product Service Line (Former Employee), Fort Nelson, BCNovember 4, 2012
Pros: meal per diem
Cons: long hours.
A good place to work, I met a lot of people from different companies, Plenty of room for advancement.
Good company to work for
Team Lead - HW & Systems (Managing Consultant) (Former Employee), LagosOctober 29, 2012
Pros: qhse policies are very good and implemented
Cons: long hours
A good place to work, I met a lot of people from different companies, cultures and countries all over the world.
Descent money
Field Engineer (Well Services - MWD/ LWD), UK (Current Employee), Aberdeen, UKOctober 15, 2012
Pros: established company and hence job security.
Cons: big company, hard to go up the ladder
I worked in this company for 4 years now. 3 in India and Oman and 1 in UK. It has provided me with a stable job and it requires significant amount of travelling. The work on field is quiet hectic.
Excellent equipment and shop
Cement Operator ( Service Operator II ) (Former Employee), Fort St John, BCOctober 15, 2012
Pros: bennefits and housing for out of town workers
Cons: bad management
On a 24-7 rotation for 15 days doing Cementing jobs on drilling rigs Learned to operate the high pressure pumps and calculating the volumes of materials for doing the job
Oil Field Service
Coiled Tubing Operator I (Former Employee), Kilgore, TXSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: nothing
Operate pump truck. Send chemical down tubing to the well head.
Not too bad.
Operator Assistant (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, ABSeptember 7, 2012
Hard to advance. Training and advancement system is not very advanced and has alot of problems. Good bunch of guys, good safety program.
Very big and organized
Geologist (Former Employee), Example: Toronto, ONAugust 6, 2012
Pros: example: free lunches
Cons: example: long hours
Working in a huge Company like Halliburton I had the opportunity to see a great organization and an ecxellent care about the employees.
Good experience to work as a G&G Consultant at Petrobras and International Oil Companies exploring in Brazil.
Worse Employer
Cement Service Operator (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABJune 5, 2012
Cons: don't pay, management is horrible, human resources don't understand their jobs, hire incompetent supervisors and management
Management spends more time using workers as scape goats for their mistakes and figuring out how not to pay employees
Halliburton
Measurement While Drilling (MWD) - Field Engineer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 24, 2012
Amazing pay, worked to the bone with many hours of work on and off shift.
IT Payroll Programmer
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 11, 2014
Supported Payroll from an IT perspective as it related to software updates and day to day payroll processing and issues. Also, supported Month-end, Quarter-end, & Year-end processing.
It's a start
Electric/Instrument Technician I (Current Employee), Minot, NDApril 10, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: pay/hours
This is a company that demands all of your time. There is no life work balance. Though they say that the pay is in the 95%, that is for frac hands not educated trade. They pay next to nothing in comparison to the industry standard but you can work 120 hours a week to make up for it. The benefits are better than most companies I have seen, which is a – more... plus. – less
work
Shop Hand (Former Employee), white oakApril 10, 2014
Cons: no short braks
work realy hard never have a day work hard all tha time do hard work every day all ways tired whe you get off
Ok job but a lot of hours away from home a lot and pay was low.
Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COApril 8, 2014
Pros: benefits were good.
Cons: to meany hours a way from home a lot..
Job is demanding with a lot of hours. A way from home a lot. benefits were good. Advancements was low hard to get any were higher. Management was ok a little demanding . Job culture was not so good. People were not working as a team and a lot of conflicts.
Awesome place to work if you get the opportunity take it.
SAP Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Duncan, OKApril 7, 2014
Pros: great benefits and management
Paid oil and gas invoices large amounts all day. I learned to be quick and efficient. Management was excellent. Co-workers were great.
The hardest part of the job was leaving due to my better half being transferred. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendships and having plenty of work to do.
Company with good benefits
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TxApril 7, 2014
Learning to balance work and life
Great people
New leadership
Great Place to work
SO1 (Current Employee), Brighton ColoradoApril 7, 2014
Pros: having a whole week off from work, benefits are great, pay is good because of overtime
Cons: not seeing family or friends for weeks on end, pay is good because of the hrs you work.
Working with Halliburton has been an eye opening experience. I have learned a lot about myself and how I have dealt with different circumstances. The people I have worked with all care about their job and the everyone they work around. The day is a long one, it can run from a 12hr day to 18hr day. I am working a scheduled that has you work 2 weeks then – more... a week off. The scheduled can run real long on the 2nd week of work. I love working with everyone, its like a family. – less
lots of hours but fun co workers
Operations Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Lupton, COApril 7, 2014
Pros: free lunch and good co workers
Cons: 15 hour days
everyday at work I learned something new about the job. the hardest part is the hours. management wants to see everyone be happy and safe at work.
lots of advancement
Pump Technician (Former Employee), Brighton, COApril 5, 2014
Pros: amazing benefits.
tons of departments and advancement options. great knowledge learned in many areas of the oil field.

About Halliburton

Halliburton (pronounced /ˈhælɨbɜrtən/; NYSE: HAL) is the world's second largest oilfield services corporation with operations – Read more