Halliburton Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
peaceful work environment
Manufacturing scheduler (Current Employee), Nisku AlbertaMay 11, 2015
Pros: Excellent work enviroment
Cons: Promotion are delayed
I enjoy working for HAL as the management style is more humane than any place I have ever worked for.
Halliburton do not tolerate harassment and people respect one another.
terrible management, no career development, unprofessional
Drilling Solutions Consultant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 8, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: no career, no organized, unprofessional treatment
I would not like to work in an place like this again.
My boss was never prepared, the people is hired and let go by friendship not by merits
they never did an evaluation, they never established goals
M/LWD is an oil-field based position
Field Engineer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 7, 2015
This job worked on-site the oil platforms and closely with the oil-rig staff. Required the ability to work in all weather conditions at all times of the day. A regular work schedule for myself was 21 days on 3 days off. This position was equalized by the generous salary/benefits Halliburton offered.
Great place To work if you are single without kids
Field Engineering Hand (Former Employee), Edmonton AlbertaJune 17, 2013
Pros: great salary and benefits
Cons: poor work/life ballance
This is a great and rewarding company with good management. The salary and benefits are great and the training is very good. Most people you will wok with are engineers and a great source of information for training. Most of your training will be in the field working.
The work life balance is not so great. This is a career for someone who is single and has no kids. You wont be home for up to 3 months at a time. This was the hardest part of the job.
Very known company in oil services industry
Technical Advisor North America HB TurboPower (Former Employee), US, And CanadaOctober 4, 2015
Halliburton is the bigger oil service in the world. Until 2014, it was a more 100,000 employees. Halliburton provides all kinds of high quality services armed with the latest technologies.
Very technical and operational focused company
Global Account Manager (Current Employee), Calgary ABMay 29, 2015
Pros: Pay for performance
Cons: Jet Lag
A good place to work, world leader in most Oil field disciplines.
Management provides a clear understanding of expectations
Great technical teams in place to support efforts
Operate in 80 countries around the world
Jet lag is sometimes hard to deal with
productive
Fracturing Operator (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABMarch 30, 2015
Good working Environment
Place for continuous learning
Benefits for career
Helpful employees
On time pay
Good benefits
Halliburton is such a wonderful company
PROCUREMENT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), KuwaitOctober 17, 2014
Pros: almost every thing is free
Cons: working long hours will be an extra benefit in halliburton with respect
What one could say about the company and it's policy & Management it's perfect for those who should be lucky to find them self with the respected company, in every angle start from the working atmosphere till the enjoyment, fun, co-workers and the most i liked is the encouragement what one will get while working, for every bit peace of good work you will have an appreciation which boost the worker to reach the goal.
Good learning Ground
Production Scheduler (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 3, 2015
Good training provided but there is less space for advancement. The work culture is good The managers are helpful & they want you to progress
Great job that requires the right person
L/MWD Field Engineer (Former Employee), Nisku, ABSeptember 23, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: boom and bust industry
Working in Sperry Drilling, the job requires people willing to work 36 sleepless hours. I recommend ex-military people for the job. Many people are in shock about the demands.
good work place
HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Former Employee), Edmonton CanadaSeptember 23, 2015
Its all about very good working conditions and co operative workers
tis a team work job and all are about to do their part very well
its cool to have such head of department take care of your needs and problems.
A great team to work with
Senior Application Evaluation Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 14, 2014
Pros: social club discounts. free parking
Cons: career plan
A typical work day is to be in early, get the necessary head up, and has a quick morning chat with the team, then upon that resuming previously open projects or starting new ones is to be decided.
I am learning a lot through meeting new customers, and interacting with my co-workers, things like collaboration, sharing knowledge and lessons learned are very commonly used here.
Management is among the best I have seen, I feel like I am within a family and this is a result of the very short distance between managers and employees, and the healthy environment we are working on.
I am lucky to have such a co-workers, they have been great since day one, always ready to help and support me.
The hardest part of the job is sitting in front of the computer the whole day, other than that everything can be easy.
The most enjoyable part is the feeling you get when the team goals are accomplished. It is a satisfaction that everyone feels because the whole floor has contributed on it.
Good for gaining experience
Sales Manager - Cement Canada (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 8, 2015
Halliburton is renowned as a training company. They provide superior training at the beginning and intermediate levels. This company promotes based on performance and has clear development plans for the beginning stages of your career. I would not recommend Halliburton for a life long career, but if you are looking to be trained then they could be considered.
Very well run and organized environment. Compensated extremely well
Electronic Technician (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: a lot of overtime opportunity
Cons: possible long hours
I started at Halliburton when I finished Lambton College as a Electrical Technician I was responsible for the units in the field while I was on site as well as the repairs to the units when the got back to the shop. The shift work was 10 days on 4 days off of 8 hour shifts but while in the field shifts could last anywhere from 8-16 hours giving a lot of opportunity for overtime. The management that I answered to was very knowledgeable and willing to help whenever it was needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was different all of the time and since technology is always changing and upgrading there is always going to be more to learn. The hardest part of the job was in the field when there is no cell reception and needed to ask a question you would basically be stranded until you figure it out.
Not my favourite...
M/LWD Field Engineer, Level II (Former Employee), Nisku, ABSeptember 4, 2015
Pros: Money
Cons: Never see your family
Halliburton is a poorly managed company with many internal disputes and an enormous disparity between field workers and those in the shop and office.
Large corporation with numerous opportunities
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: benefits & salary
Cons: work/life balance
Challenging job with a great deal of variation, where no day is the same.

Tremendous learning opportunities exist, room for advancement, and opportunity for International placement. Exposure from everything from employee relations, to policy writing, and performance improvement plans.
Productive and very Helpful
Production enhancement (Intern) (Former Employee), CalgaryJanuary 2, 2015
A typical day would include pulling production well data using accumap and frac database to create well analysis for specified areas. Analysis would be created based on stages, cost, production, job times and efficiency.
I gained new program experience with accumap. The 4 month span really taught me a lot about time management and what it is like to work in a team oriented environment. Most enjoyable part would be during the break where everyone gathers around and go out to grab lunch. it helps relieve the hectic moments logged in before the break. No hard parts to it. The team makes it easy.
NA
Class 1 Driver / Mobile Crane Operator (Current Employee), Grande Prairie AlbertaJuly 21, 2015
Halliburton Company is an American multinational corporation, and one of the world's largest oil field services companies with operations in more than 80 countries. It owns hundreds of subsidiaries, affiliates, branches, brands, and divisions worldwide and employs approximately 100,000 people.
good pay and bennifits
fracer (Former Employee), grande prairieApril 29, 2015
enjoyed working here. good pay and co workers. a lot of work out of town good rotations but not much time home. long hours.
Good place to make a lot of money
Frac/acid. Blender operator (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, AlbertaMarch 3, 2013
Pros: could easily make up to $8000 to $10000 a month when busy and when the equipment is working
Cons: long hours, low salary that you have to live off during spring break up, have to travel long distances to get to work
Good place to work. Equipment is a bit out dated and pretty worn out.
Bonus structure is ok. Salary sucks
Most co-workers are fine to work with
Don't expect to see your family much with their 15 on and 6 off schedule. This would be a great job for the single person
You either stay in hotels (usually very nice places) or in camps.
Links