Halliburton Employee Reviews in Canada

Good pay, long hours
Sales Manager / Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 15, 2015
long days but you are paid for it, high paced office. Some training, and with higher staff turn over, opportunities for promotion is good
Pros
good pay and promotions
Cons
long hours, massive expectation
Great job that requires the right person
L/MWD Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABSeptember 23, 2015
Working in Sperry Drilling, the job requires people willing to work 36 sleepless hours. I recommend ex-military people for the job. Many people are in shock about the demands.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
boom and bust industry
Great Place
Tank Farm Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABOctober 6, 2015
Great Place to work and meet new people. I learned lots while working there and it has helped me so much with my life. great people and great management. I don't regret working there.
Pros
Meeting new people
good work place
HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton CanadaSeptember 23, 2015
Its all about very good working conditions and co operative workers
tis a team work job and all are about to do their part very well
its cool to have such head of department take care of your needs and problems.
NA
Class 1 Driver / Mobile Crane Operator (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie AlbertaJuly 21, 2015
Halliburton Company is an American multinational corporation, and one of the world's largest oil field services companies with operations in more than 80 countries. It owns hundreds of subsidiaries, affiliates, branches, brands, and divisions worldwide and employs approximately 100,000 people.
Great career opportunity with lots of advancements!!
Bulk Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SKJuly 1, 2015
A typical day would be that there are no real typical days in the oilfield line of work, which make for a fast paced and exciting environment to work in. Over the years I've learned how lead employees through team work and also how to manage fast paced time management situations.
Pros
great training programs
Cons
terrible management, no career development, unprofessional
Drilling Solutions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 8, 2015
I would not like to work in an place like this again.
My boss was never prepared, the people is hired and let go by friendship not by merits
they never did an evaluation, they never established goals
Pros
travel
Cons
no career, no organized, unprofessional treatment
M/LWD is an oil-field based position
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 7, 2015
This job worked on-site the oil platforms and closely with the oil-rig staff. Required the ability to work in all weather conditions at all times of the day. A regular work schedule for myself was 21 days on 3 days off. This position was equalized by the generous salary/benefits Halliburton offered.
Not my favourite...
M/LWD Field Engineer, Level II (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABSeptember 4, 2015
Halliburton is a poorly managed company with many internal disputes and an enormous disparity between field workers and those in the shop and office.
Pros
Money
Cons
Never see your family
great work enviroment lots of help
etech (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABAugust 18, 2015
Was one of my favorite jobs. Even though it was hard at times the people who worked there really helped me out in getting thru the jobs. good salary to
Pros
good salary great people
Cons
long hours lots of days worked
Very technical and operational focused company
Global Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary ABMay 29, 2015
A good place to work, world leader in most Oil field disciplines.
Management provides a clear understanding of expectations
Great technical teams in place to support efforts
Operate in 80 countries around the world
Jet lag is sometimes hard to deal with
Pros
Pay for performance
Cons
Jet Lag
Good for gaining experience
Sales Manager - Cement Canada (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 8, 2015
Halliburton is renowned as a training company. They provide superior training at the beginning and intermediate levels. This company promotes based on performance and has clear development plans for the beginning stages of your career. I would not recommend Halliburton for a life long career, but if you are looking to be trained then they could be considered.
Fantastic place to work
Survey Technician (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABJuly 25, 2015
Great place to work, the management treated everyone equal, with plenty of chance for advancement. Benefits included RRSP, Stock Buy ins, health and dental, and 3 weeks vaction time starting
Good team
Directional Drilling Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  calgaryJuly 22, 2015
Good team out there. Supportive. quite a lot of overtime. I gained valuable experience on SAGD planning and execution. Overall a pleasant experience working for Sperry...
Halliburton
E-Tech (Former Employee) –  ClairmontMarch 9, 2015
a typical work day started with a safety meeting, then work was distributed and worked accordingly. I mostly worked on the mobil rigs programming and pre-maintance. my co-workers were knowledgeable and friendly. the hardest part of the job was the issolation I found i was working a lot by myself and tho I was able to complete the tasks at hand there seemed to be a staffing issue which lead to overworked individuals and frustration in the workplace. the best part of the job was the people that worked there the long time employees are knowledgeable and know their job well
Excellant company to work for, very good salary good benefits. Overall good culture for learning and working for them. Not very good job security
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMarch 4, 2015
I enjoyed going to work each day because there was something to learn everyday. A typical day involved installing a network or calibrating a mag meter, radiation meter. There was always something new to learn. Management was always helpful with any problems. my coworkers were excellent we were a tight knit group that stood up for one another. The hardest part was the extremely long hours we sometimes had to work. The most enjoyable was working with my hands and accomplishing tasks. This created a great feeling.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
did not know when you were going to the field
interesting and challenging work environment
Pump/Discharge Manifold Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, ABFebruary 25, 2015
Everyday brought about interesting variations on the same overall work, some days what would work the previous day would not work that day and would need a slight change to complete the task. It never let the work get boring.

My co-workers were interesting and easy to get along with, we all came from different areas of the country and brought different ways of looking at the job to the group,
oil field work on drilling rigs as a field engineer
Lead MWD/LWD Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AlbertaFebruary 23, 2015
Challenging work with great travel opportunities. They have an excellent training program in place which consists of a boot camp and onsite training.

People in the higher management lack personal skills which makes it difficult for employees to communicate and grow in the company.
Pros
great compensation
Cons
long hours and night shifts
peaceful work environment
Manufacturing scheduler (Current Employee) –  Nisku AlbertaMay 11, 2015
I enjoy working for HAL as the management style is more humane than any place I have ever worked for.
Halliburton do not tolerate harassment and people respect one another.
Pros
Excellent work enviroment
Cons
Promotion are delayed
Health and safety regulations not followed
Field Operator/Crew Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 3, 2015
The amount of hours worked does not reflect in the pay. It would if the health and safety rules around hours worked were followed. For example after 12 hours of work you are to stop working. This does not happen which leaves lots of room for life threatening mistakes.
Pros
people
Cons
health and safety concerns