Halliburton Employee Reviews

oil field work on drilling rigs as a field engineer
Lead MWD/LWD Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AlbertaFebruary 23, 2015
Challenging work with great travel opportunities. They have an excellent training program in place which consists of a boot camp and onsite training.

People in the higher management lack personal skills which makes it difficult for employees to communicate and grow in the company.
Pros
great compensation
Cons
long hours and night shifts
Very Good
Directional Drilling Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABMarch 21, 2016
Learned how to work in a fast pace environment and work as a team with many different companies and people. Anything could happen in a typical day and we would have to overcome a wide variety of different problems.
Great career opportunity with lots of advancements!!
Bulk Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SKJuly 1, 2015
A typical day would be that there are no real typical days in the oilfield line of work, which make for a fast paced and exciting environment to work in. Over the years I've learned how lead employees through team work and also how to manage fast paced time management situations.
Pros
great training programs
fun workplace
Data Van Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABDecember 13, 2015
It was nice to start working here as entrance in oil patch good experience , good people , good environment , safety policies in the places
Pros
good xmas parties tho!
Cons
great work enviroment lots of help
etech (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABAugust 18, 2015
Was one of my favorite jobs. Even though it was hard at times the people who worked there really helped me out in getting thru the jobs. good salary to
Pros
good salary great people
Cons
long hours lots of days worked
What I learned
D.D. Field Professional Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABNovember 28, 2015
I learned that working openly together as a team is a great recipe for success. The people at Halliburton were great to work with.
Pros
Treated with respect
Cons
Long hours but that didn't bother me and is expected.
Great Company, Poorly managed
Downhole Tool Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  NiskuFebruary 17, 2015
This company from the outside looks like it can offer you a bright future. However when they do the interview process and the new hire process they roll out the red carpet and treat you like a king. However in a short while later you realize it was all fluff. There is no team moral boosting, if you want a raise or to try a different task you have to fight for it for a full year before they even consider it. Too many managers contradicting other managers. However this place has great benefits and pensions. If you can work for a sub-par wage, and great benefits, fighting for your small raises and work in a place that recognizes you faults before ever acknowledging your successes, then go work here. Oh and they say that safety is number one but they try to prevent employees from seeking medical attention so the managers get their safety bonus at the end of the year.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
demanding enviroment with little rewards, no yearly raises, have to fight for raises, poor company morale, too much red tape
Very well run and organized environment. Compensated extremely well
Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABSeptember 9, 2013
I started at Halliburton when I finished Lambton College as a Electrical Technician I was responsible for the units in the field while I was on site as well as the repairs to the units when the got back to the shop. The shift work was 10 days on 4 days off of 8 hour shifts but while in the field shifts could last anywhere from 8-16 hours giving a lot of opportunity for overtime. The management that I answered to was very knowledgeable and willing to help whenever it was needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was different all of the time and since technology is always changing and upgrading there is always going to be more to learn. The hardest part of the job was in the field when there is no cell reception and needed to ask a question you would basically be stranded until you figure it out.
Pros
a lot of overtime opportunity
Cons
possible long hours
A great team to work with
Senior Application Evaluation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 14, 2014
A typical work day is to be in early, get the necessary head up, and has a quick morning chat with the team, then upon that resuming previously open projects or starting new ones is to be decided.
I am learning a lot through meeting new customers, and interacting with my co-workers, things like collaboration, sharing knowledge and lessons learned are very commonly used here.
Management is among the best I have seen, I feel like I am within a family and this is a result of the very short distance between managers and employees, and the healthy environment we are working on.
I am lucky to have such a co-workers, they have been great since day one, always ready to help and support me.
The hardest part of the job is sitting in front of the computer the whole day, other than that everything can be easy.
The most enjoyable part is the feeling you get when the team goals are accomplished. It is a satisfaction that everyone feels because the whole floor has contributed on it.
Pros
social club discounts. free parking
Cons
career plan
Large corporation with numerous opportunities
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 30, 2013
Challenging job with a great deal of variation, where no day is the same.

Tremendous learning opportunities exist, room for advancement, and opportunity for International placement. Exposure from everything from employee relations, to policy writing, and performance improvement plans.
Pros
benefits & salary
Cons
work/life balance
Halliburton is such a wonderful company
PROCUREMENT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  KuwaitOctober 17, 2014
What one could say about the company and it's policy & Management it's perfect for those who should be lucky to find them self with the respected company, in every angle start from the working atmosphere till the enjoyment, fun, co-workers and the most i liked is the encouragement what one will get while working, for every bit peace of good work you will have an appreciation which boost the worker to reach the goal.
Pros
almost every thing is free
Cons
working long hours will be an extra benefit in halliburton with respect
peaceful work environment
Manufacturing scheduler (Current Employee) –  Nisku AlbertaMay 11, 2015
I enjoy working for HAL as the management style is more humane than any place I have ever worked for.
Halliburton do not tolerate harassment and people respect one another.
Pros
Excellent work enviroment
Cons
Promotion are delayed
Good place to make a lot of money
Frac/acid. Blender operator (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AlbertaMarch 3, 2013
Good place to work. Equipment is a bit out dated and pretty worn out.
Bonus structure is ok. Salary sucks
Most co-workers are fine to work with
Don't expect to see your family much with their 15 on and 6 off schedule. This would be a great job for the single person
You either stay in hotels (usually very nice places) or in camps.
Pros
could easily make up to $8000 to $10000 a month when busy and when the equipment is working
Cons
long hours, low salary that you have to live off during spring break up, have to travel long distances to get to work
The job is best quoted as hurry up and wait.
Measurement/Logging While Drilling Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABNovember 25, 2015
You cannot expect a good family life. You are always on call and even when your on vacation their calling you to complete something.
Pros
Good pay once you advance
Cons
Long hour and little sleep.
Good learning Ground
Production Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 3, 2015
Good training provided but there is less space for advancement. The work culture is good The managers are helpful & they want you to progress
terrible management, no career development, unprofessional
Drilling Solutions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 8, 2015
I would not like to work in an place like this again.
My boss was never prepared, the people is hired and let go by friendship not by merits
they never did an evaluation, they never established goals
Pros
travel
Cons
no career, no organized, unprofessional treatment
M/LWD is an oil-field based position
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 7, 2015
This job worked on-site the oil platforms and closely with the oil-rig staff. Required the ability to work in all weather conditions at all times of the day. A regular work schedule for myself was 21 days on 3 days off. This position was equalized by the generous salary/benefits Halliburton offered.
productive
On time pay
Good benefits
Productive and very Helpful
Production enhancement (Intern) (Former Employee) –  CalgaryJanuary 2, 2015
A typical day would include pulling production well data using accumap and frac database to create well analysis for specified areas. Analysis would be created based on stages, cost, production, job times and efficiency.
I gained new program experience with accumap. The 4 month span really taught me a lot about time management and what it is like to work in a team oriented environment. Most enjoyable part would be during the break where everyone gathers around and go out to grab lunch. it helps relieve the hectic moments logged in before the break. No hard parts to it. The team makes it easy.
Very technical and operational focused company
Global Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary ABMay 29, 2015
A good place to work, world leader in most Oil field disciplines.
Management provides a clear understanding of expectations
Great technical teams in place to support efforts
Operate in 80 countries around the world
Jet lag is sometimes hard to deal with
Pros
Pay for performance
Cons
Jet Lag