Halliburton Employee Reviews

Great Place
Tank Farm Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB6 October 2015
Great Place to work and meet new people. I learned lots while working there and it has helped me so much with my life. great people and great management. I don't regret working there.
Pros
Meeting new people
Great Company, Poorly managed
Downhole Tool Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Nisku17 February 2015
This company from the outside looks like it can offer you a bright future. However when they do the interview process and the new hire process they roll out the red carpet and treat you like a king. However in a short while later you realize it was all fluff. There is no team moral boosting, if you want a raise or to try a different task you have to fight for it for a full year before they even consider it. Too many managers contradicting other managers. However this place has great benefits and pensions. If you can work for a sub-par wage, and great benefits, fighting for your small raises and work in a place that recognizes you faults before ever acknowledging your successes, then go work here. Oh and they say that safety is number one but they try to prevent employees from seeking medical attention so the managers get their safety bonus at the end of the year.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Demanding enviroment with little rewards, no yearly raises, have to fight for raises, poor company morale, too much red tape
Very well run and organized environment. Compensated extremely well
Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB9 September 2013
I started at Halliburton when I finished Lambton College as a Electrical Technician I was responsible for the units in the field while I was on site as well as the repairs to the units when the got back to the shop. The shift work was 10 days on 4 days off of 8 hour shifts but while in the field shifts could last anywhere from 8-16 hours giving a lot of opportunity for overtime. The management that I answered to was very knowledgeable and willing to help whenever it was needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was different all of the time and since technology is always changing and upgrading there is always going to be more to learn. The hardest part of the job was in the field when there is no cell reception and needed to ask a question you would basically be stranded until you figure it out.
Pros
A lot of overtime opportunity
Cons
Possible long hours
All in all it was a good company to work for
Senior Services Operator (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB5 May 2016
met good people to work with and learn a lot about not to take things for granted. I loved being assigned to a project and get good feedback about the accomplishment. it was a good opportunity of employment.
Pros
crew meals
Cons
denial of transfers
A great team to work with
Senior Application Evaluation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 July 2014
A typical work day is to be in early, get the necessary head up, and has a quick morning chat with the team, then upon that resuming previously open projects or starting new ones is to be decided.
I am learning a lot through meeting new customers, and interacting with my co-workers, things like collaboration, sharing knowledge and lessons learned are very commonly used here.
Management is among the best I have seen, I feel like I am within a family and this is a result of the very short distance between managers and employees, and the healthy environment we are working on.
I am lucky to have such a co-workers, they have been great since day one, always ready to help and support me.
The hardest part of the job is sitting in front of the computer the whole day, other than that everything can be easy.
The most enjoyable part is the feeling you get when the team goals are accomplished. It is a satisfaction that everyone feels because the whole floor has contributed on it.
Pros
Social club discounts. free parking
Cons
career plan
Large corporation with numerous opportunities
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 January 2013
Challenging job with a great deal of variation, where no day is the same.

Tremendous learning opportunities exist, room for advancement, and opportunity for International placement. Exposure from everything from employee relations, to policy writing, and performance improvement plans.
Pros
benefits & salary
Cons
work/life balance
When is very slow in oilfield there is not many jobs. Lot of people where laid off.
Senior M/LWD Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB5 February 2016
There is no typical day of work. Every day is different. When you drive to location with a partner 2 trucks are loaded heavily with equipment, need to be on time according to weather conditions.
Even if you might drive 1000 km or more. After arrival need to gig up. It might take 10-12 hrs, tools need to be tested before running in the hole. Picking up tools take time too and need to be tested again. When we begin drilling we start to take surveys and logg the well.
It might take 48 hrs when one of us go to sleep.

Co-workers are very different and need to manage with 4 different characters. The hardest part is if something did not go well and problem need to be solved ASAP. The oil-gas wells cost a lot of money, mostly those horizontal and directional. Any tool failure: MWD or mud motors are a big problem bonded with a lot of stress and explanation to our and oil company offices.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you home, your paycheck and satisfaction that job was done properly and within time.
Great Place to work cause i had a great team to work with
Senior Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB7 August 2015
upload load all new job and fix all errors.I learned that it is wonderful to have a great team to work with. The MANAGEMENT was the best. My Manager was great always there to help in any way possible . My co workers were wonderful they are 100% the best team I have ever worked with. The hardest part of my job was that I worked my self out of a job. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I had a great team to work with .
Pros
had a wonderful team to work with
Cons
not a lot of work to do when the rigs are not running
Great career opportunity with lots of advancements!!
Bulk Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK1 July 2015
A typical day would be that there are no real typical days in the oilfield line of work, which make for a fast paced and exciting environment to work in. Over the years I've learned how lead employees through team work and also how to manage fast paced time management situations.
Pros
great training programs
Cons
Halliburton is such a wonderful company
PROCUREMENT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Kuwait17 October 2014
What one could say about the company and it's policy & Management it's perfect for those who should be lucky to find them self with the respected company, in every angle start from the working atmosphere till the enjoyment, fun, co-workers and the most i liked is the encouragement what one will get while working, for every bit peace of good work you will have an appreciation which boost the worker to reach the goal.
Pros
Almost every thing is free
Cons
Working long hours will be an extra benefit in Halliburton with respect
Good company to work for.
Assembler/Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB25 April 2016
Halliburton bought out Europump and was in the process of merging the two companies. Major downturn in the energy industry stopped all plans in their tracks.
Quality work environment
Business Development (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL25 April 2016
A company that I would enjoy working for once again. A good team environment and hard-working group of individuals. I would recommend Halliburton to others.
Good place to make a lot of money
Frac/acid. Blender operator (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, Alberta3 March 2013
Good place to work. Equipment is a bit out dated and pretty worn out.
Bonus structure is ok. Salary sucks
Most co-workers are fine to work with
Don't expect to see your family much with their 15 on and 6 off schedule. This would be a great job for the single person
You either stay in hotels (usually very nice places) or in camps.
Pros
could easily make up to $8000 to $10000 a month when busy and when the equipment is working
Cons
long hours, low salary that you have to live off during spring break up, have to travel long distances to get to work
great work enviroment lots of help
etech (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB18 August 2015
Was one of my favorite jobs. Even though it was hard at times the people who worked there really helped me out in getting thru the jobs. good salary to
Pros
good salary great people
Cons
long hours lots of days worked
Advanced design and testing team
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB12 January 2016
At Halliburton I learned many design skills and testing norms in an industrial environment. The design team is very advanced in their engineering knowledge. At the same time, many of the design engineers need to implement and test their designed parts and assemblies therefore creating a process that provides tremendous growth for engineers. I was able to design and test my own parts and the testing apparatus for it.
Pros
Advanced technical challenges
Cons
Fluctuating work load
Very Good
Directional Drilling Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB21 March 2016
Learned how to work in a fast pace environment and work as a team with many different companies and people. Anything could happen in a typical day and we would have to overcome a wide variety of different problems.
fun workplace
Data Van Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB13 December 2015
It was nice to start working here as entrance in oil patch good experience , good people , good environment , safety policies in the places
Pros
good xmas parties tho!
What I learned
D.D. Field Professional Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB28 November 2015
I learned that working openly together as a team is a great recipe for success. The people at Halliburton were great to work with.
Pros
Treated with respect
Cons
Long hours but that didn't bother me and is expected.
peaceful work environment
Manufacturing scheduler (Current Employee) –  Nisku Alberta11 May 2015
I enjoy working for HAL as the management style is more humane than any place I have ever worked for.
Halliburton do not tolerate harassment and people respect one another.
Pros
Excellent work enviroment
Cons
Promotion are delayed
Good employees and team members with mutual respect and good work environment
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 December 2013
Always busy with my own work load and helping others getting their work done. Management allows me to take my own decisions and helpful in providing all assistance. Good team environment and love to work such a company.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Parking is a nightmare