Halliburton Employee Reviews

This was a great place to work, exceptional work life balance.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB2 March 2017
My days varied from being flown across the country to conduct recruitment fairs, to staying and working from home conducting phone screens, compiling information on hiring fairs completed, acting as a liaison for our apprenticeship programs. to operating out of the Nisku office collaborating with the team. I learned stronger organization skills and prioritization. I had amazing management that always treated me fairly and respectfully. our management created an excellent workplace culture. the hardest part of my job was the contract ending. I deeply enjoyed every part of this position.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
contract ended
not a bad place to work but bad management
shipping/logistics (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB23 February 2017
Halliburton was a pretty good place to work overall, but they did not pay well, often requiring you to take on responsibilities above your job title without proper compensation. getting a raise of any kind was an uphill battle. my main issue with the company was the supervisors/shop management. they are rude, and i saw quite a few examples of sexism, racism, and favoritism from them over the years.
Pros
good hours, good coworkers, good benefits
Cons
bad management and pay
This is from 11+ years ago
Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 January 2017
The company I worked for was actually purchased by Halliburton, and thus began the slide from "excellent" to just so-so. About two years ago, which is about ten years after I left Halliburton, the Calgary development office was substantially scaled back (effectively closed) and development shifted to Houston.

The original company was Landmark Graphics, which bought the engineering software company I worked for (Munro-Garrett)

Landmark was an absolutely fabulous company to work for. Unfortunately, it was purchased by Halliburton after about six years from the start of my employment.

Change was slow but inevitable, and the Landmark culture withered and died.
Workplace avtivities.
Frac&Acid operator (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, AB10 February 2017
I believe everyone has a unique opinion about the place to work. I consider myself a hard worker and responsible about the work I do represent. try to make it the best as I can and do help out the other people at work because I believe a team work. My main reason for finding another place to work, mostly because of being disrespected as a second language speaker or not having straight work schedule.
Definitely there is sometime at work that is hard work time or easy day that we have to deal with it because of climate work condition and try to do my best in an appropriate way. I used to work in hot and cold days over 10 years that does not butter me if I work with good responsible people.
Pros
Lots of opportunately to upgrade
Cons
Cultural issue, body body situation
A very nice challenge
Operator (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, AB12 January 2017
Working oil patch is not for everyone. Oil part is for people who are mechanically inclined, with good work ethics an excellent team players.

You are in a crew and they become your family, they are people who travels with you and spend most of the time with you at different locations far deep in the woods. You need to have passion and drive to handle the job.

Halliburton is a very nice experience and I would recommend to try it.

You learn many things and have the fun of driving heavy trucks on lease roads, highways and you really prove yourself.
Pros
Room for advancement, good salary, benefits
Cons
Long hours, many days away from home.
Good place to work starting in the oilfeild
Preventative maintenance coordinator/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB17 January 2017
-very busy and fast paced when oilfield is busy
-learned supervisory skills
-co workers were great
-hardest part is to get all equipment fixed with in the time period
PSLs would want there equipment
Challenging but bad work life balance if you are in the field
Field Professional (Current Employee) –  Cairo, ON30 October 2016
Life in the field is good for adventurous souls, you learn a new thing everyday literally. hardest thing about this job is the long hours and so much time spent away in remote locations.
Pros
Good Starting salary and
Cons
Long time away from home.
Great place to work, Only no room for advancement.
Desktop Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Clairmont, AB29 September 2016
Learned a lot here working with a great team, knowing the importance of team work is always a plus. I had the privilege of working in a new building and great people.
Pros
A lot of experienced people willing to help
Cons
No room for advancement for many years.
Productive and fun workplace
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB16 January 2017
Halliburton holds there safety standards quite high which makes it an enjoyable work environment, the benefits and salary are great
Pros
high pay
Warehouse Materials Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB17 July 2016
I have learned much from Halliburton.Inventory control, Procurement, and Logistics are areas i was not familiar with before coming to Halliburton. Co-workers are the heart of Halliburton. they have fantastic people there who share knowledge and are willing to help other out,
Management as at any job have their ups and downs. i was very fortunate to have an awesome Manager that believed in his team and backed us up when necessary.

Hardest part of the job is trying to get further training. We usually had to learn on our own.
Most enjoyable part was the people and all the team events we held.
Pros
Great benefits package and fantastic people to work with
Cons
Very few raises, very little training
Excellent workplace
Technical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Venezuela24 November 2016
Excellent workplace, they really take care of their employee, one of the things that I really enjoyed is working as a team.
Productive and Fun
Assoc. Field Professional – MWD (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB18 October 2016
Really good job, meet good people from all over the world, travel Canada, see natural beauties you would never see otherwise.
Great Work, Great co-workers
Have lead (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB10 June 2016
Everyone was always helpful if asked, office personnel were great, work life balance was ok. Sometimes the hardest part was actually leaving home for work but once out there it was fine. Most enjoyable part is when things are going smoothly and everyone is laughing and having fun, making jokes (usually at my expense).
fast-paced, fun while it lasted
Clerk (Former Employee) –  grande prairie, alberta9 May 2016
yeah a ton of us got dropped by the the big H but i liked the work, i worked in the cementing dept. work was hard but nothing the average worker could handle, met a bunch good people while working there and the safety mentality worked great in the shop but not so much out in the field.
Pros
great bosses, fun working with other folk from other divisions
Cons
pay, hours, stress from driving, pay and the pay
It was work in the oil and gas sector
Operations Material Control Associate (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB16 May 2016
I enjoyed working for them as it was an interesting place to work and I had some very great co-workers, I learned lots. Towards the end of my employment we had changed our processes and made it much more streamlined. We all crossed trained so no one had to come back to a mountain of work after an absence or vacation.
Good place to work learned lots over 18 years of service
Stock Point Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB23 June 2016
Good place to work learned a lot over 18 years of service.
Oilfield company
Safety procedures well enforced
Good co workers
Put in a lot of hours
Good benefits
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Full responsibility and minimum supervision doing your work
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB3 May 2016
Excellent experience. We had the opportunity to travel all across the Prairies and meet customers' requirements in every location. I got the chance to learn a profession in addition to get involved with the primary industry in the province.
Decent People
PSL Accountant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 February 2016
The industry as a whole is currently in a market correction. Therefore, there is the usual stress and uncertainty that comes with that.

The people are generally great to work with, and very helpful when they are able to do so.

Management tries their best to have an open door policy, and to train as they are able.

Learning the systems, obtaining more budgeting and forecasting.

Most enjoyable part of the job are the people, as well as what I'm able to learn.

The hardest part of the job has been watching the layoffs across the industry, as well as the amount of overtime required occasionally.
Advanced design and testing team
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB12 January 2016
At Halliburton I learned many design skills and testing norms in an industrial environment. The design team is very advanced in their engineering knowledge. At the same time, many of the design engineers need to implement and test their designed parts and assemblies therefore creating a process that provides tremendous growth for engineers. I was able to design and test my own parts and the testing apparatus for it.
Pros
Advanced technical challenges
Cons
Fluctuating work load
good co-workers, and interesting work environment
MWD/LWD Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB23 March 2016
Long hours and being away from home every two weeks were the thoughts part of the job. Financially well compensating job.
Co workers were great, enjoy working with most of them.
Pros
financially rewarding
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Halliburton. Our community is ready to answer.

78%