Halliburton Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Good company to work for.
Assembler/Quality Control (Former Employee), Lloydminster, ABApril 25, 2016
Halliburton bought out Europump and was in the process of merging the two companies. Major downturn in the energy industry stopped all plans in their tracks.
Quality work environment
Business Development (Former Employee), St. John's, NLApril 25, 2016
A company that I would enjoy working for once again. A good team environment and hard-working group of individuals. I would recommend Halliburton to others.
good co-workers, and interesting work environment
MWD/LWD Field Engineer (Former Employee), Nisku, ABMarch 23, 2016
Pros: financially rewarding
Cons: long hours
Long hours and being away from home every two weeks were the thoughts part of the job. Financially well compensating job.
Co workers were great, enjoy working with most of them.
Very Good
Directional Drilling Engineer (Former Employee), Nisku, ABMarch 21, 2016
Learned how to work in a fast pace environment and work as a team with many different companies and people. Anything could happen in a typical day and we would have to overcome a wide variety of different problems.
Decent People
PSL Accountant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 9, 2016
The industry as a whole is currently in a market correction. Therefore, there is the usual stress and uncertainty that comes with that.

The people are generally great to work with, and very helpful when they are able to do so.

Management tries their best to have an open door policy, and to train as they are able.

Learning the systems, obtaining more budgeting and forecasting.

Most enjoyable part of the job are the people, as well as what I'm able to learn.

The hardest part of the job has been watching the layoffs across the industry, as well as the amount of overtime required occasionally.
When is very slow in oilfield there is not many jobs. Lot of people where laid off.
Senior M/LWD Field Engineer (Former Employee), Nisku, ABFebruary 5, 2016
There is no typical day of work. Every day is different. When you drive to location with a partner 2 trucks are loaded heavily with equipment, need to be on time according to weather conditions.
Even if you might drive 1000 km or more. After arrival need to gig up. It might take 10-12 hrs, tools need to be tested before running in the hole. Picking up tools take time too and need to be tested again. When we begin drilling we start to take surveys and logg the well.
It might take 48 hrs when one of us go to sleep.

Co-workers are very different and need to manage with 4 different characters. The hardest part is if something did not go well and problem need to be solved ASAP. The oil-gas wells cost a lot of money, mostly those horizontal and directional. Any tool failure: MWD or mud motors are a big problem bonded with a lot of stress and explanation to our and oil company offices.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you home, your paycheck and satisfaction that job was done properly and within time.
Productive and fun place to work
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee), Nisku, ABFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: Great Coworkers built lifelong friendships
Cons: Takes a long time to get a raise in pay
- 8-10 hour shifts
- learned how to operate various machinery and equipment
- mixture of different management personalities
- great coworkers which make the work environment an enjoyable place
- put in long hours if a job is rushed
Advanced design and testing team
Design Engineer (Former Employee), Nisku, ABJanuary 12, 2016
Pros: Advanced technical challenges
Cons: Fluctuating work load
At Halliburton I learned many design skills and testing norms in an industrial environment. The design team is very advanced in their engineering knowledge. At the same time, many of the design engineers need to implement and test their designed parts and assemblies therefore creating a process that provides tremendous growth for engineers. I was able to design and test my own parts and the testing apparatus for it.
fun workplace
Data Van Operator (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABDecember 13, 2015
Pros: good xmas parties tho!
Cons: long hours
It was nice to start working here as entrance in oil patch good experience , good people , good environment , safety policies in the places
What I learned
D.D. Field Professional Engineer (Former Employee), Nisku, ABNovember 28, 2015
Pros: Treated with respect
Cons: Long hours but that didn't bother me and is expected.
I learned that working openly together as a team is a great recipe for success. The people at Halliburton were great to work with.
The job is best quoted as hurry up and wait.
Measurement/Logging While Drilling Field Engineer (Former Employee), Nisku, ABNovember 25, 2015
Pros: Good pay once you advance
Cons: Long hour and little sleep.
You cannot expect a good family life. You are always on call and even when your on vacation their calling you to complete something.
Good pay, long hours
Sales Manager / Account Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 15, 2015
Pros: good pay and promotions
Cons: long hours, massive expectation
long days but you are paid for it, high paced office. Some training, and with higher staff turn over, opportunities for promotion is good
Great Place
Tank Farm Supervisor (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABOctober 6, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people
Cons: long hours
Great Place to work and meet new people. I learned lots while working there and it has helped me so much with my life. great people and great management. I don't regret working there.
Very known company in oil services industry
Technical Advisor North America HB TurboPower (Former Employee), US, And CanadaOctober 4, 2015
Halliburton is the bigger oil service in the world. Until 2014, it was a more 100,000 employees. Halliburton provides all kinds of high quality services armed with the latest technologies.
Great job that requires the right person
L/MWD Field Engineer (Former Employee), Nisku, ABSeptember 23, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: boom and bust industry
Working in Sperry Drilling, the job requires people willing to work 36 sleepless hours. I recommend ex-military people for the job. Many people are in shock about the demands.
good work place
HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Former Employee), Edmonton CanadaSeptember 23, 2015
Its all about very good working conditions and co operative workers
tis a team work job and all are about to do their part very well
its cool to have such head of department take care of your needs and problems.
Not my favourite...
M/LWD Field Engineer, Level II (Former Employee), Nisku, ABSeptember 4, 2015
Pros: Money
Cons: Never see your family
Halliburton is a poorly managed company with many internal disputes and an enormous disparity between field workers and those in the shop and office.
great work enviroment lots of help
etech (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABAugust 18, 2015
Pros: good salary great people
Cons: long hours lots of days worked
Was one of my favorite jobs. Even though it was hard at times the people who worked there really helped me out in getting thru the jobs. good salary to
Great Place to work cause i had a great team to work with
Senior Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Nisku, ABAugust 7, 2015
Pros: had a wonderful team to work with
Cons: not a lot of work to do when the rigs are not running
upload load all new job and fix all errors.I learned that it is wonderful to have a great team to work with. The MANAGEMENT was the best. My Manager was great always there to help in any way possible . My co workers were wonderful they are 100% the best team I have ever worked with. The hardest part of my job was that I worked my self out of a job. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I had a great team to work with .
Fantastic place to work
Survey Technician (Former Employee), Nisku, ABJuly 25, 2015
Great place to work, the management treated everyone equal, with plenty of chance for advancement. Benefits included RRSP, Stock Buy ins, health and dental, and 3 weeks vaction time starting
Links