Halliburton Employee Reviews

A very nice challenge
Operator (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, AB12 January 2017
Working oil patch is not for everyone. Oil part is for people who are mechanically inclined, with good work ethics an excellent team players.

You are in a crew and they become your family, they are people who travels with you and spend most of the time with you at different locations far deep in the woods. You need to have passion and drive to handle the job.

Halliburton is a very nice experience and I would recommend to try it.

You learn many things and have the fun of driving heavy trucks on lease roads, highways and you really prove yourself.
Pros
Room for advancement, good salary, benefits
Cons
Long hours, many days away from home.
Warehouse Materials Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB17 July 2016
I have learned much from Halliburton.Inventory control, Procurement, and Logistics are areas i was not familiar with before coming to Halliburton. Co-workers are the heart of Halliburton. they have fantastic people there who share knowledge and are willing to help other out,
Management as at any job have their ups and downs. i was very fortunate to have an awesome Manager that believed in his team and backed us up when necessary.

Hardest part of the job is trying to get further training. We usually had to learn on our own.
Most enjoyable part was the people and all the team events we held.
Pros
Great benefits package and fantastic people to work with
Cons
Very few raises, very little training
This is from 11+ years ago
Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 January 2017
The company I worked for was actually purchased by Halliburton, and thus began the slide from "excellent" to just so-so. About two years ago, which is about ten years after I left Halliburton, the Calgary development office was substantially scaled back (effectively closed) and development shifted to Houston.

The original company was Landmark Graphics, which bought the engineering software company I worked for (Munro-Garrett)

Landmark was an absolutely fabulous company to work for. Unfortunately, it was purchased by Halliburton after about six years from the start of my employment.

Change was slow but inevitable, and the Landmark culture withered and died.
Challenging but bad work life balance if you are in the field
Field Professional (Current Employee) –  Cairo, ON30 October 2016
Life in the field is good for adventurous souls, you learn a new thing everyday literally. hardest thing about this job is the long hours and so much time spent away in remote locations.
Pros
Good Starting salary and
Cons
Long time away from home.
Productive and fun workplace
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB16 January 2017
Halliburton holds there safety standards quite high which makes it an enjoyable work environment, the benefits and salary are great
Pros
high pay
Workplace avtivities.
Frac&Acid operator (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, AB10 February 2017
I believe everyone has a unique opinion about the place to work. I consider myself a hard worker and responsible about the work I do represent. try to make it the best as I can and do help out the other people at work because I believe a team work. My main reason for finding another place to work, mostly because of being disrespected as a second language speaker or not having straight work schedule.
Definitely there is sometime at work that is hard work time or easy day that we have to deal with it because of climate work condition and try to do my best in an appropriate way. I used to work in hot and cold days over 10 years that does not butter me if I work with good responsible people.
Pros
Lots of opportunately to upgrade
Cons
Cultural issue, body body situation
Great place to work, Only no room for advancement.
Desktop Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Clairmont, AB29 September 2016
Learned a lot here working with a great team, knowing the importance of team work is always a plus. I had the privilege of working in a new building and great people.
Pros
A lot of experienced people willing to help
Cons
No room for advancement for many years.
Good place to work learned lots over 18 years of service
Stock Point Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB23 June 2016
Good place to work learned a lot over 18 years of service.
Oilfield company
Safety procedures well enforced
Good co workers
Put in a lot of hours
Good benefits
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB3 February 2016
- 8-10 hour shifts
- learned how to operate various machinery and equipment
- mixture of different management personalities
- great coworkers which make the work environment an enjoyable place
- put in long hours if a job is rushed
Pros
Great Coworkers built lifelong friendships
Cons
Takes a long time to get a raise in pay
Good place to work starting in the oilfeild
Preventative maintenance coordinator/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB17 January 2017
-very busy and fast paced when oilfield is busy
-learned supervisory skills
-co workers were great
-hardest part is to get all equipment fixed with in the time period
PSLs would want there equipment
Great Work, Great co-workers
Have lead (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB10 June 2016
Everyone was always helpful if asked, office personnel were great, work life balance was ok. Sometimes the hardest part was actually leaving home for work but once out there it was fine. Most enjoyable part is when things are going smoothly and everyone is laughing and having fun, making jokes (usually at my expense).
Excellent workplace
Technical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Venezuela24 November 2016
Excellent workplace, they really take care of their employee, one of the things that I really enjoyed is working as a team.
Productive and Fun
Assoc. Field Professional – MWD (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB18 October 2016
Really good job, meet good people from all over the world, travel Canada, see natural beauties you would never see otherwise.
Great place To work if you are single without kids
Field Engineering Hand (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta17 June 2013
This is a great and rewarding company with good management. The salary and benefits are great and the training is very good. Most people you will wok with are engineers and a great source of information for training. Most of your training will be in the field working.
The work life balance is not so great. This is a career for someone who is single and has no kids. You wont be home for up to 3 months at a time. This was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Great salary and benefits
Cons
Poor work/life ballance
Decent People
PSL Accountant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 February 2016
The industry as a whole is currently in a market correction. Therefore, there is the usual stress and uncertainty that comes with that.

The people are generally great to work with, and very helpful when they are able to do so.

Management tries their best to have an open door policy, and to train as they are able.

Learning the systems, obtaining more budgeting and forecasting.

Most enjoyable part of the job are the people, as well as what I'm able to learn.

The hardest part of the job has been watching the layoffs across the industry, as well as the amount of overtime required occasionally.
good co-workers, and interesting work environment
MWD/LWD Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB23 March 2016
Long hours and being away from home every two weeks were the thoughts part of the job. Financially well compensating job.
Co workers were great, enjoy working with most of them.
Pros
financially rewarding
Cons
Excellant company to work for, very good salary good benefits. Overall good culture for learning and working for them. Not very good job security
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK4 March 2015
I enjoyed going to work each day because there was something to learn everyday. A typical day involved installing a network or calibrating a mag meter, radiation meter. There was always something new to learn. Management was always helpful with any problems. my coworkers were excellent we were a tight knit group that stood up for one another. The hardest part was the extremely long hours we sometimes had to work. The most enjoyable was working with my hands and accomplishing tasks. This created a great feeling.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Did not know when you were going to the field
oil field work on drilling rigs as a field engineer
Lead MWD/LWD Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Nisku, Alberta23 February 2015
Challenging work with great travel opportunities. They have an excellent training program in place which consists of a boot camp and onsite training.

People in the higher management lack personal skills which makes it difficult for employees to communicate and grow in the company.
Pros
great compensation
Cons
long hours and night shifts
It was work in the oil and gas sector
Operations Material Control Associate (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB16 May 2016
I enjoyed working for them as it was an interesting place to work and I had some very great co-workers, I learned lots. Towards the end of my employment we had changed our processes and made it much more streamlined. We all crossed trained so no one had to come back to a mountain of work after an absence or vacation.
Very well run and organized environment. Compensated extremely well
Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB9 September 2013
I started at Halliburton when I finished Lambton College as a Electrical Technician I was responsible for the units in the field while I was on site as well as the repairs to the units when the got back to the shop. The shift work was 10 days on 4 days off of 8 hour shifts but while in the field shifts could last anywhere from 8-16 hours giving a lot of opportunity for overtime. The management that I answered to was very knowledgeable and willing to help whenever it was needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was different all of the time and since technology is always changing and upgrading there is always going to be more to learn. The hardest part of the job was in the field when there is no cell reception and needed to ask a question you would basically be stranded until you figure it out.
Pros
A lot of overtime opportunity
Cons
Possible long hours