1,153 reviews

Halliburton Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Physical
Hydraulic Fracturing Operator (Former Employee), Clairmont, ABApril 20, 2015
- Not a good field of occupation if you have a family and value family/work life balance.
- Company turns a blind eye, when internal employee issues arise.
Good for gaining experience
Sales Manager - Cement Canada (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 8, 2015
Halliburton is renowned as a training company. They provide superior training at the beginning and intermediate levels. This company promotes based on performance and has clear development plans for the beginning stages of your career. I would not recommend Halliburton for a life long career, but if you are looking to be trained then they could be considered.
productive
On time pay
Good benefits
Good Company - Right now future unsecured
Operator I - Frac / Acid (Current Employee), Clairmont, ABMarch 24, 2015
I love Halliburton - A few changes could be made with supervisors, but it's all good. Right now, due to low oil prices, my future is not secure here. I don't know if tomorrow is going to be my last day or not.
E-Tech (Former Employee), ClairmontMarch 9, 2015
a typical work day started with a safety meeting, then work was distributed and worked accordingly. I mostly worked on the mobil rigs programming and pre-maintance. my co-workers were knowledgeable and friendly. the hardest part of the job was the issolation I found i was working a lot by myself and tho I was able to complete the tasks at hand there seemed to be a staffing issue which lead to overworked individuals and frustration in the workplace. the best part of the job was the people that worked there the long time employees are knowledgeable and know their job well
Great atmosphere and hands on experience
Operators Assistant Fracker (Former Employee), Regina,SKMarch 4, 2015
Pros: great pay, great benefits
Cons: unstability
The coworkers were very helpful in answering my questions and helping me understand the Fracking industry and how the whole process works.
Good learning Ground
Production Scheduler (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 3, 2015
Good training provided but there is less space for advancement. The work culture is good The managers are helpful & they want you to progress
Health and safety regulations not followed
Field Operator/Crew Lead (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 3, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: health and safety concerns
The amount of hours worked does not reflect in the pay. It would if the health and safety rules around hours worked were followed. For example after 12 hours of work you are to stop working. This does not happen which leaves lots of room for life threatening mistakes.
great experiences
Service Operator (Former Employee), Regina, SkFebruary 28, 2015
Halliburton is a great place to work you have a lot of opportunities with learning new roles. A typical day here was a 12-13 hour shift working in all weather conditions. You had to be willing to travel I spent my time between MB,SK, and AB.
Diversified, Fun to Work with wide variety of people.
Electro-Mechanical Tech II (Former Employee), Nisku, ABFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: travel, training, and good people
Cons: not always opportunities to grow
Received copious training, work travel to Louisiana and Texas. High safety culture, cross-training usually encouraged/. Can-do attitudes pervasive
Friendly Environment
Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee), Nisku, ABFebruary 19, 2015
- The management system is not efficient.
- Multi-cultural environment
- Friendly work place
- moderate payment
- A challenging work place
- day-to-day learning
Great Company, Poorly managed
Downhole Tool Mechanical Technician (Former Employee), NiskuFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: demanding enviroment with little rewards, no yearly raises, have to fight for raises, poor company morale, too much red tape
This company from the outside looks like it can offer you a bright future. However when they do the interview process and the new hire process they roll out the red carpet and treat you like a king. However in a short while later you realize it was all fluff. There is no team moral boosting, if you want a raise or to try a different task you have to fight for it for a full year before they even consider it. Too many managers contradicting other managers. However this place has great benefits and pensions. If you can work for a sub-par wage, and great benefits, fighting for your small raises and work in a place that recognizes you faults before ever acknowledging your successes, then go work here. Oh and they say that safety is number one but they try to prevent employees from seeking medical attention so the managers get their safety bonus at the end of the year.
Great people
Service operator Coil Tubing (Former Employee), Grande Prairie AlbertaJanuary 29, 2015
Great people and great work environment only reason i left was not enough money to support my new family
Very nice environment at work
Down-hole Mechanical Technician (Current Employee), Nisku, ABJanuary 24, 2015
The environment at work is very nice. All the co- workers , lead and manager even are helping and funny.
District - WP Service Manager (Current Employee), Nisku, ABJanuary 21, 2015
I have been working for Halliburton for the past 8 years, best place to work in.very good team players and awesome spirit.
Productive and very Helpful
Production enhancement (Intern) (Former Employee), CalgaryJanuary 2, 2015
A typical day would include pulling production well data using accumap and frac database to create well analysis for specified areas. Analysis would be created based on stages, cost, production, job times and efficiency.
I gained new program experience with accumap. The 4 month span really taught me a lot about time management and what it is like to work in a team oriented environment. Most enjoyable part would be during the break where everyone gathers around and go out to grab lunch. it helps relieve the hectic moments logged in before the break. No hard parts to it. The team makes it easy.
Working with Halliburton was great fun for me.
MWD Assistant (Former Employee), Nisku, ABDecember 29, 2014
-Before you do something we need to make sure everything go smoothly for instance no injuries.
- I learned a lot about field work and how they work
- Planning and execution was greatly stressed upon workers at the field
Halliburton is such a wonderful company
PROCUREMENT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), KuwaitOctober 17, 2014
Pros: almost every thing is free
Cons: working long hours will be an extra benefit in halliburton with respect
What one could say about the company and it's policy & Management it's perfect for those who should be lucky to find them self with the respected company, in every angle start from the working atmosphere till the enjoyment, fun, co-workers and the most i liked is the encouragement what one will get while working, for every bit peace of good work you will have an appreciation which boost the worker to reach the goal.
A great team to work with
Senior Application Evaluation Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 14, 2014
Pros: social club discounts. free parking
Cons: career plan
A typical work day is to be in early, get the necessary head up, and has a quick morning chat with the team, then upon that resuming previously open projects or starting new ones is to be decided.
I am learning a lot through meeting new customers, and interacting with my co-workers, things like collaboration, sharing knowledge and lessons learned are very commonly used here.
Management is among the best I have seen, I feel like I am within a family and this is a result of the very short distance between managers and employees, and the healthy environment we are working on.
I am lucky to have such a co-workers, they have been great since day one, always ready to help and support me.
The hardest part of the job is sitting in front of the computer the whole day, other than that everything can be easy.
The most enjoyable part is the feeling you get when the team goals are accomplished. It is a satisfaction that everyone feels because the whole floor has contributed on it.
Down Hole Mud Motor Tech
Down Hole Motor Tech (Current Employee), Nisku, ABJuly 13, 2014
Halliburton is very good company. I am Working as a Mud Motor Tech.All supervisor and co-workers are co-operative.

1 2 3

About Halliburton

One of the largest oilfield services companies in the world, Halliburton serves the upstream oil and gas industry in 80 countries – Read more