Halliburton Employee Reviews

A remarkable job in O&G in Alberta
Principal Technical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 May 2017
Proposal analyst and customer representative for hydraulic fracture and acid services
Implemented Stimulation Database for West Canada operations
Coached group of 40 employers in new software and technology for hydraulic fracture
Its all right but you have no life
Operator2 (Current Employee) –  Clairmont, AB22 April 2017
The works not that hard but be prepared to miss your loved ones and battle depression on a daily basis!
Constantly berated for the slightest of mistakes it's really horrible work environment!
Pros
Ok money
Cons
Hate life
lots of hours worked
Bulk Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB21 April 2017
The company is an oilfield related company . The hours are long and it is a stressful fast-paced environment. the hours are irregular . lots of night travel and work. the good part is you share the work with a crew. the last few months I worked here I was in the bulk plant and I liked that better
Job is up and down and have to continually watch my pay stub!
Heavy hauler truck driver (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB18 April 2017
I loved working with the guys on the crews and most of the management. There have been many changes some good some bad since the down turn in the economy!
Looking for something that is more rewarding
Pros
The people
Cons
No room for advancement
Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Moscow, ON12 April 2017
A business continually looking for ways to improve offerings to clients and enable interesting, value creating careers. Global market and opportunities.
Glad that it is in the rear view
Directional Driller (Former Employee) –  Nisk11 April 2017
Had a good time working at Halliburton. There were lots of things to learn and wells to drill. Working in The United States was fun as well. This was a big company.
Did not like this company
frac (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB27 March 2017
Horrible working conditions.
Expected you to break laws and regulations on a daily basis. Very dangerous conditions. Management would deny this and threaten job if not complied with orders. I quit due to this.
Pros
good money
Cons
expected to lie and break rules.
a multi national oil Servicing company
Telephone switch board Operator (Former Employee) –  Victoria Island Lagos8 March 2017
I loved the organization, it was an amazing experience to work with whites who where friendly, though I did my industrial attachment but it was all fun
This was a great place to work, exceptional work life balance.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB2 March 2017
My days varied from being flown across the country to conduct recruitment fairs, to staying and working from home conducting phone screens, compiling information on hiring fairs completed, acting as a liaison for our apprenticeship programs. to operating out of the Nisku office collaborating with the team. I learned stronger organization skills and prioritization. I had amazing management that always treated me fairly and respectfully. our management created an excellent workplace culture. the hardest part of my job was the contract ending. I deeply enjoyed every part of this position.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
contract ended
not a bad place to work but bad management
shipping/logistics (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB23 February 2017
Halliburton was a pretty good place to work overall, but they did not pay well, often requiring you to take on responsibilities above your job title without proper compensation. getting a raise of any kind was an uphill battle. my main issue with the company was the supervisors/shop management. they are rude, and i saw quite a few examples of sexism, racism, and favoritism from them over the years.
Pros
good hours, good coworkers, good benefits
Cons
bad management and pay
Workplace avtivities.
Frac&Acid operator (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, AB10 February 2017
I believe everyone has a unique opinion about the place to work. I consider myself a hard worker and responsible about the work I do represent. try to make it the best as I can and do help out the other people at work because I believe a team work. My main reason for finding another place to work, mostly because of being disrespected as a second language speaker or not having straight work schedule.
Definitely there is sometime at work that is hard work time or easy day that we have to deal with it because of climate work condition and try to do my best in an appropriate way. I used to work in hot and cold days over 10 years that does not butter me if I work with good responsible people.
Pros
Lots of opportunately to upgrade
Cons
Cultural issue, body body situation
Great personnel, management needs help.
Associate Accountant/Special Admin (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 February 2017
Management is brought into Canada from USA, to watch over shoulder and make life uncomfortable for some. I believe Canadians are smart enough or more to handle management position. Adds to Canadian unemployed.
Cons
long hours, no bonus or comp.
This is from 11+ years ago
Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 January 2017
The company I worked for was actually purchased by Halliburton, and thus began the slide from "excellent" to just so-so. About two years ago, which is about ten years after I left Halliburton, the Calgary development office was substantially scaled back (effectively closed) and development shifted to Houston.

The original company was Landmark Graphics, which bought the engineering software company I worked for (Munro-Garrett)

Landmark was an absolutely fabulous company to work for. Unfortunately, it was purchased by Halliburton after about six years from the start of my employment.

Change was slow but inevitable, and the Landmark culture withered and died.
great place to work
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB26 January 2017
Typical day at Mar ric would be to over see all daily aspects of all the trades and make sure the job is on schedule and on time. Also planing of all work projects and changes that need to be made change happens real fast on a big job site anything from work injury to machines breaking down everything needs to be taken care of fast.
Pros
great boss
Cons
no permanent jobs
Good company to work for with interesting and varied experiences
Principal Drilling Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2017
Working as an IT consultant for the Landmark software support division, I could be doing anything from troubleshooting an Oracle installation to visiting a rig site to train a driller to creating a custom app. The team I worked with was very friendly and well managed. I learned a great deal during my years with them.
Good place to work starting in the oilfeild
Preventative maintenance coordinator/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB17 January 2017
-very busy and fast paced when oilfield is busy
-learned supervisory skills
-co workers were great
-hardest part is to get all equipment fixed with in the time period
PSLs would want there equipment
Productive and fun workplace
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB16 January 2017
Halliburton holds there safety standards quite high which makes it an enjoyable work environment, the benefits and salary are great
Pros
high pay
A very nice challenge
Operator (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, AB12 January 2017
Working oil patch is not for everyone. Oil part is for people who are mechanically inclined, with good work ethics an excellent team players.

You are in a crew and they become your family, they are people who travels with you and spend most of the time with you at different locations far deep in the woods. You need to have passion and drive to handle the job.

Halliburton is a very nice experience and I would recommend to try it.

You learn many things and have the fun of driving heavy trucks on lease roads, highways and you really prove yourself.
Pros
Room for advancement, good salary, benefits
Cons
Long hours, many days away from home.
Excellent workplace
Technical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Venezuela24 November 2016
Excellent workplace, they really take care of their employee, one of the things that I really enjoyed is working as a team.
Challenging but bad work life balance if you are in the field
Field Professional (Current Employee) –  Cairo, ON30 October 2016
Life in the field is good for adventurous souls, you learn a new thing everyday literally. hardest thing about this job is the long hours and so much time spent away in remote locations.
Pros
Good Starting salary and
Cons
Long time away from home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Halliburton. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval