Halliburton Employee Review

Very well run and organized environment. Compensated extremely well
Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB9 September 2013
I started at Halliburton when I finished Lambton College as a Electrical Technician I was responsible for the units in the field while I was on site as well as the repairs to the units when the got back to the shop. The shift work was 10 days on 4 days off of 8 hour shifts but while in the field shifts could last anywhere from 8-16 hours giving a lot of opportunity for overtime. The management that I answered to was very knowledgeable and willing to help whenever it was needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was different all of the time and since technology is always changing and upgrading there is always going to be more to learn. The hardest part of the job was in the field when there is no cell reception and needed to ask a question you would basically be stranded until you figure it out.
Pros
A lot of overtime opportunity
Cons
Possible long hours

Other Halliburton Employee Reviews

Challenging and rewarding
PE Business Development Technical Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 November 2017
Looked forward to going to work every day, for 20+ years . I learnt that limitations where what I put on myself, but would be suportted if I wanted to push the limits. The most enjoyable part of my job was deal with internal and external people in the industry.
Pros
compensation and opportunities
Great Processes
Technical Manager, Canada (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2017
lack of focus on what the customers want/need.
process driven workplace.
Strong safety culture.
Opportunities for advancement globally and locally.
Work / life balance definitely tilted toward work.
Pros
great benefits and resonable salaries
Cons
No loyalty to their workers. Large company where you are just a number

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Halliburton. Our community is ready to answer.