Halliburton Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A great team to work with
Senior Application Evaluation Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 14, 2014
Pros: social club discounts. free parking
Cons: career plan
A typical work day is to be in early, get the necessary head up, and has a quick morning chat with the team, then upon that resuming previously open projects or starting new ones is to be decided.
I am learning a lot through meeting new customers, and interacting with my co-workers, things like collaboration, sharing knowledge and lessons learned are very commonly used here.
Management is among the best I have seen, I feel like I am within a family and this is a result of the very short distance between managers and employees, and the healthy environment we are working on.
I am lucky to have such a co-workers, they have been great since day one, always ready to help and support me.
The hardest part of the job is sitting in front of the computer the whole day, other than that everything can be easy.
The most enjoyable part is the feeling you get when the team goals are accomplished. It is a satisfaction that everyone feels because the whole floor has contributed on it.
Great Company, Poorly managed
Downhole Tool Mechanical Technician (Former Employee), NiskuFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: demanding enviroment with little rewards, no yearly raises, have to fight for raises, poor company morale, too much red tape
This company from the outside looks like it can offer you a bright future. However when they do the interview process and the new hire process they roll out the red carpet and treat you like a king. However in a short while later you realize it was all fluff. There is no team moral boosting, if you want a raise or to try a different task you have to fight for it for a full year before they even consider it. Too many managers contradicting other managers. However this place has great benefits and pensions. If you can work for a sub-par wage, and great benefits, fighting for your small raises and work in a place that recognizes you faults before ever acknowledging your successes, then go work here. Oh and they say that safety is number one but they try to prevent employees from seeking medical attention so the managers get their safety bonus at the end of the year.
Good guys to works, great benefits, possible over seas work.
Tool Hand Superviser (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, ABMay 15, 2013
Pros: good money
Cons: not creating things, and there is no passion in the industry.
I have been working for the company for almost 3 yrs. I have moved up very quickly and the pay is great. I have learned a lot, but I have begun to missing cooking and being in a high paced environment. Most of my co- workers are great. I think the hardest part of my job is trying to fix things when they go wrong. At those times everyone is watching you, plus dealing with all the top guys on lease and watching on line back at the head offices. At the same time that is my favorite parts of the job, being in the fire (so to speak), figuring out what is wrong and the high off getting it all done.
Tools/Shipper-receiver
Tools/Shipper-receiver (Current Employee), niskuJuly 12, 2014
Crane Operator and Forklift Driver
Completed all repairs and maintenance work to company standards.
Planned work and determined appropriate tools and equipment.
Worked overtime, including evenings and weekends, to respond to emergencies and fix
unsafe conditions.
Picked and Prepared rigs orders
Assembly/disassembly geo pilots
Unload and received trucks from rigs
Parts driver, Pick up parts/rentals
Load trucks and prepared paper work for shipping
Performed daily checks and inspections of motors
Cleaning and maintaining subs, MWD,collars, motors, jars etc.
Rebuilding, and manufacturing light oilfield tools/equipment
Productive and very Helpful
Production enhancement (Intern) (Former Employee), CalgaryJanuary 2, 2015
A typical day would include pulling production well data using accumap and frac database to create well analysis for specified areas. Analysis would be created based on stages, cost, production, job times and efficiency.
I gained new program experience with accumap. The 4 month span really taught me a lot about time management and what it is like to work in a team oriented environment. Most enjoyable part would be during the break where everyone gathers around and go out to grab lunch. it helps relieve the hectic moments logged in before the break. No hard parts to it. The team makes it easy.
Decent People
PSL Accountant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 9, 2016
The industry as a whole is currently in a market correction. Therefore, there is the usual stress and uncertainty that comes with that.

The people are generally great to work with, and very helpful when they are able to do so.

Management tries their best to have an open door policy, and to train as they are able.

Learning the systems, obtaining more budgeting and forecasting.

Most enjoyable part of the job are the people, as well as what I'm able to learn.

The hardest part of the job has been watching the layoffs across the industry, as well as the amount of overtime required occasionally.
Materials Control Specialist
Associate Materials Control Specialist, HCT (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABApril 10, 2013
Pros: amazing benefits
I started out with no experience in the warehouse, unpacking boxes and handing parts to the people who required them. Gradually increasing my own knowledge of parts and assembly for each product service line. Daily SAP usage. Inventory control through monthly cycle counting. Eventually specializing in Completion tools, issuing materials as needed for sales. Recently learning to be back up materials for Bulk Cements Materials control. Learning chemical issuing and conversions for sales as well.
Halliburton
E-Tech (Former Employee), ClairmontMarch 9, 2015
a typical work day started with a safety meeting, then work was distributed and worked accordingly. I mostly worked on the mobil rigs programming and pre-maintance. my co-workers were knowledgeable and friendly. the hardest part of the job was the issolation I found i was working a lot by myself and tho I was able to complete the tasks at hand there seemed to be a staffing issue which lead to overworked individuals and frustration in the workplace. the best part of the job was the people that worked there the long time employees are knowledgeable and know their job well
Great Place to work cause i had a great team to work with
Senior Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Nisku, ABAugust 7, 2015
Pros: had a wonderful team to work with
Cons: not a lot of work to do when the rigs are not running
upload load all new job and fix all errors.I learned that it is wonderful to have a great team to work with. The MANAGEMENT was the best. My Manager was great always there to help in any way possible . My co workers were wonderful they are 100% the best team I have ever worked with. The hardest part of my job was that I worked my self out of a job. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I had a great team to work with .
Halliburton is such a wonderful company
PROCUREMENT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), KuwaitOctober 17, 2014
Pros: almost every thing is free
Cons: working long hours will be an extra benefit in halliburton with respect
What one could say about the company and it's policy & Management it's perfect for those who should be lucky to find them self with the respected company, in every angle start from the working atmosphere till the enjoyment, fun, co-workers and the most i liked is the encouragement what one will get while working, for every bit peace of good work you will have an appreciation which boost the worker to reach the goal.
Good place to make a lot of money
Frac/acid. Blender operator (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, AlbertaMarch 3, 2013
Pros: could easily make up to $8000 to $10000 a month when busy and when the equipment is working
Cons: long hours, low salary that you have to live off during spring break up, have to travel long distances to get to work
Good place to work. Equipment is a bit out dated and pretty worn out.
Bonus structure is ok. Salary sucks
Most co-workers are fine to work with
Don't expect to see your family much with their 15 on and 6 off schedule. This would be a great job for the single person
You either stay in hotels (usually very nice places) or in camps.
Advanced design and testing team
Design Engineer (Former Employee), Nisku, ABJanuary 12, 2016
Pros: Advanced technical challenges
Cons: Fluctuating work load
At Halliburton I learned many design skills and testing norms in an industrial environment. The design team is very advanced in their engineering knowledge. At the same time, many of the design engineers need to implement and test their designed parts and assemblies therefore creating a process that provides tremendous growth for engineers. I was able to design and test my own parts and the testing apparatus for it.
Good for gaining experience
Sales Manager - Cement Canada (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 8, 2015
Halliburton is renowned as a training company. They provide superior training at the beginning and intermediate levels. This company promotes based on performance and has clear development plans for the beginning stages of your career. I would not recommend Halliburton for a life long career, but if you are looking to be trained then they could be considered.
Good company to work for
AFP (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 25, 2014
Mainly worked in the field with a crew of up to four people under
the supervision of Field Professional. Assisted with getting
ready for jobs, supervising the crew and doing safety meeting
in the shop/field. Ran the winch, worked with high technology tools,
created and interpreted final logs (using warrior system, summit).
Worked long hours in extreme hot/cold weather conditions.
Large corporation with numerous opportunities
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: benefits & salary
Cons: work/life balance
Challenging job with a great deal of variation, where no day is the same.

Tremendous learning opportunities exist, room for advancement, and opportunity for International placement. Exposure from everything from employee relations, to policy writing, and performance improvement plans.
Great career opportunity with lots of advancements!!
Bulk Plant Operator (Current Employee), Lloydminster, SKJuly 1, 2015
Pros: great training programs
Cons: long hours
A typical day would be that there are no real typical days in the oilfield line of work, which make for a fast paced and exciting environment to work in. Over the years I've learned how lead employees through team work and also how to manage fast paced time management situations.
good place to start out
Service operator/ Class one driver/ Fraccer (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: average pay
Cons: long hour and away from home for extended periods of time
I think halliburton is a great company for people that want to get there foot in the door and make a bit of money.
The only reason im leaving is i would like to be home ever night if that wasnt and issue i would not even consider leaving the company.
Health and safety regulations not followed
Field Operator/Crew Lead (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 3, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: health and safety concerns
The amount of hours worked does not reflect in the pay. It would if the health and safety rules around hours worked were followed. For example after 12 hours of work you are to stop working. This does not happen which leaves lots of room for life threatening mistakes.
Working in the Halliburton R&D facility was an enjoyable experience.
Technician-Mechanical (Former Employee), Nisku, ABOctober 2, 2013
It's a great company to work for. One is taught how to work safe. Co-workers are good in general. Everybody respect each other. My job there as a mechanical technician in the R&D facility was great. I learned new things and most of the time there was something new to do and to learn.
Very technical and operational focused company
Global Account Manager (Current Employee), Calgary ABMay 29, 2015
Pros: Pay for performance
Cons: Jet Lag
A good place to work, world leader in most Oil field disciplines.
Management provides a clear understanding of expectations
Great technical teams in place to support efforts
Operate in 80 countries around the world
Jet lag is sometimes hard to deal with
Links