Halliburton Employee Reviews in Canada

Good company to work for.
Assembler/Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABApril 25, 2016
Halliburton bought out Europump and was in the process of merging the two companies. Major downturn in the energy industry stopped all plans in their tracks.
Quality work environment
Business Development (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLApril 25, 2016
A company that I would enjoy working for once again. A good team environment and hard-working group of individuals. I would recommend Halliburton to others.
good co-workers, and interesting work environment
MWD/LWD Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABMarch 23, 2016
Long hours and being away from home every two weeks were the thoughts part of the job. Financially well compensating job.
Co workers were great, enjoy working with most of them.
Pros
financially rewarding
Very Good
Directional Drilling Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABMarch 21, 2016
Learned how to work in a fast pace environment and work as a team with many different companies and people. Anything could happen in a typical day and we would have to overcome a wide variety of different problems.
Decent People
PSL Accountant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 9, 2016
The industry as a whole is currently in a market correction. Therefore, there is the usual stress and uncertainty that comes with that.

The people are generally great to work with, and very helpful when they are able to do so.

Management tries their best to have an open door policy, and to train as they are able.

Learning the systems, obtaining more budgeting and forecasting.

Most enjoyable part of the job are the people, as well as what I'm able to learn.

The hardest part of the job has been watching the layoffs across the industry, as well as the amount of overtime required occasionally.
Advanced design and testing team
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABJanuary 12, 2016
At Halliburton I learned many design skills and testing norms in an industrial environment. The design team is very advanced in their engineering knowledge. At the same time, many of the design engineers need to implement and test their designed parts and assemblies therefore creating a process that provides tremendous growth for engineers. I was able to design and test my own parts and the testing apparatus for it.
Pros
Advanced technical challenges
Cons
Fluctuating work load
The job is best quoted as hurry up and wait.
Measurement/Logging While Drilling Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABNovember 25, 2015
You cannot expect a good family life. You are always on call and even when your on vacation their calling you to complete something.
Pros
Good pay once you advance
Cons
Long hour and little sleep.
Good pay, long hours
Sales Manager / Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 15, 2015
long days but you are paid for it, high paced office. Some training, and with higher staff turn over, opportunities for promotion is good
Pros
good pay and promotions
Cons
long hours, massive expectation
Great Place
Tank Farm Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABOctober 6, 2015
Great Place to work and meet new people. I learned lots while working there and it has helped me so much with my life. great people and great management. I don't regret working there.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Great job that requires the right person
L/MWD Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABSeptember 23, 2015
Working in Sperry Drilling, the job requires people willing to work 36 sleepless hours. I recommend ex-military people for the job. Many people are in shock about the demands.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
boom and bust industry
Not my favourite...
M/LWD Field Engineer, Level II (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABSeptember 4, 2015
Halliburton is a poorly managed company with many internal disputes and an enormous disparity between field workers and those in the shop and office.
Pros
Money
Cons
Never see your family
great work enviroment lots of help
etech (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABAugust 18, 2015
Was one of my favorite jobs. Even though it was hard at times the people who worked there really helped me out in getting thru the jobs. good salary to
Pros
good salary great people
Cons
long hours lots of days worked
Great Place to work cause i had a great team to work with
Senior Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABAugust 7, 2015
upload load all new job and fix all errors.I learned that it is wonderful to have a great team to work with. The MANAGEMENT was the best. My Manager was great always there to help in any way possible . My co workers were wonderful they are 100% the best team I have ever worked with. The hardest part of my job was that I worked my self out of a job. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I had a great team to work with .
Pros
had a wonderful team to work with
Cons
not a lot of work to do when the rigs are not running
Fantastic place to work
Survey Technician (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABJuly 25, 2015
Great place to work, the management treated everyone equal, with plenty of chance for advancement. Benefits included RRSP, Stock Buy ins, health and dental, and 3 weeks vaction time starting
Good team
Directional Drilling Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  calgaryJuly 22, 2015
Good team out there. Supportive. quite a lot of overtime. I gained valuable experience on SAGD planning and execution. Overall a pleasant experience working for Sperry...
NA
Class 1 Driver / Mobile Crane Operator (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie AlbertaJuly 21, 2015
Halliburton Company is an American multinational corporation, and one of the world's largest oil field services companies with operations in more than 80 countries. It owns hundreds of subsidiaries, affiliates, branches, brands, and divisions worldwide and employs approximately 100,000 people.
terrible management, no career development, unprofessional
Drilling Solutions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 8, 2015
I would not like to work in an place like this again.
My boss was never prepared, the people is hired and let go by friendship not by merits
they never did an evaluation, they never established goals
Pros
travel
Cons
no career, no organized, unprofessional treatment
M/LWD is an oil-field based position
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 7, 2015
This job worked on-site the oil platforms and closely with the oil-rig staff. Required the ability to work in all weather conditions at all times of the day. A regular work schedule for myself was 21 days on 3 days off. This position was equalized by the generous salary/benefits Halliburton offered.
Great career opportunity with lots of advancements!!
Bulk Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SKJuly 1, 2015
A typical day would be that there are no real typical days in the oilfield line of work, which make for a fast paced and exciting environment to work in. Over the years I've learned how lead employees through team work and also how to manage fast paced time management situations.
Pros
great training programs
Cons
Very technical and operational focused company
Global Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary ABMay 29, 2015
A good place to work, world leader in most Oil field disciplines.
Management provides a clear understanding of expectations
Great technical teams in place to support efforts
Operate in 80 countries around the world
Jet lag is sometimes hard to deal with
Pros
Pay for performance
Cons
Jet Lag